Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. (4598 Views)

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by fatdon2(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2012
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has announced that it generated N3.81 trillion as revenue in nine months, beating its provisional target of N3.6 trillion.

According to reports, a statement from the revenue agency which reflects the 2012 figure represented a remarkable increase in tax collection, which comprised N1.172 trillion in first quarter, N1.267 trillion in the second quarter and N1.366 trillion in the third quarter respectively.

The revenue service also said it had so far collected and remitted the sum of N23.30 billion tax revenue due to the Federal Capital territory Administration (FCTA) for the first nine months of 2012.

The amount represented “Pay-As-You-Earn” tax and Personal Income Tax collected from FCT residents.

This, it added, reflected an increase in tax collection in the period, when compared to the N21. 94 billion remitted to FCTA for the same period in 2011.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/29/firs-generates-n3-81-trillion-in-9months/
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/29/firs-generates-n3-81-trillion-in-9months/

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by geeez: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2012
Simply means the revenue from taxes can fund our annual budget. This is not to mention the revenue from the ports.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2012
geeez: Simply means the revenue from taxes can fund our annual budget. This is not to mention the revenue from the ports.
yes,but we know money is not our problem,the system and people appropriating funds, are the cogs in the wheel...

1 Like

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Samabu07(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2012
2011 FIRS revenue was over N3 Trillion and 9 months into 2012 another N3.8 Trillion. Mehn wetin dem dey carry all this money dey do?
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 29, 2012
And if they make up to this which is close to the budget. So why is our lives in Nigeria in abject poverty,

1 Like

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 29, 2012
hailolive: And if they make up to this which is close to the budget. So why is our lives in Nigeria in abject poverty,
good question. Your vote is your power,use it wisely in 2015,

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by SELFWORTH: 11:59am On Oct 29, 2012
The custodians of the money are the problem. Collection is easy . It's from that point that it all goes crooked. If the FG could give a similar monthly report on how it spends the money it collects each month and each state does the same ,and its all made public, you will be amazed at to the difference it will make. Transparency and accountability . This will be a stepping stone in the right direction.

Nigeria's GDP, economic data, income and expenditure for the central govt and at state level is shrouded in secrecy , probably one of the countries that still hides its data and that in itself is a big problem.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by SELFWORTH: 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
hailolive: And if they make up to this which is close to the budget. So why is our lives in Nigeria in abject poverty,

Mismanagement, Lack of transparency , and lack of accountability .
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by SELFWORTH: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
Samabu07: 2011 FIRS revenue was over N3 Trillion and 9 months into 2012 another N3.8 Trillion. Mehn wetin dem dey carry all this money dey do?

Easy question. They fund their private aspirations and fill their already overflowing foreign bank accounts .
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by a1solution: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
Even the agency that is collecting it is just releasing figures not the cash. The cash is in their individual bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by geeez: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
a1solution: Even the agency that is collecting it is just releasing figures not the cash. The cash is in their individual bank accounts.

Do people still talk like this in 2012?
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by mikeywise(m): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
a1solution: Even the agency that is collecting it is just releasing figures not the cash. The cash is in their individual bank accounts.
shocked shocked shocked are u high or what?
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by omosexy1: 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
why don't they incorporate tax revenues in our budget. Something is really wrong with our leaders
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
Kudos to FIRS. Too bad they are generating money for those thieves in power.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Siga: 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
Can these leaders please have mercy on poor Nigerians and take a vow not to steal for just 1yr.....thats all and use the entire revenue that yr to fix the country....all I ask for is just 1yr....just stop ur stealing...I beg....remember u no fit carry all these money with u when u die....#Abacha

1 Like

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Nattyuduak(m): 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
Sometimes I just feel like giving up on this country. I don't just know what makes hold up and believe someday Nigeria will ends well. We are the only citizens in the world that sees breathtaking amount of monies in the dailies with nothing peculiar in our lives to show for it, year in year out and if eventually a good man stands up against the bad eggs its the same stolen money they'll use to fight back to ensure justice must not see the light of the day!

1 Like

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Nattyuduak(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
Siga: Can these leaders please have mercy on poor Nigerians and take a vow not steal for just 1yr.....thats all and use the entire revenue that yr to fix the country....all I ask for is just 1yr....just stop ur stealing...I beg....remember u no fit carry all these money with u when u die....#Abacha

Brother I have said it before in one of my posts. if our leaders truly sacrificed just one year to serve the masses not politicking as usual; Nigeria would have been better off!
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by aribisala0(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Funny how NLers give opinion without understanding or analyzing what they are opining on.
Who owns the 3.81 trillion collected the states or federal governments?
What is the breakdown of that figure? Is it ALL personal income tax (PAYE) or does this include VAT,etc. One assumess from the limited data it is PAYE but this is not stated. Does PAYE accrue to the FG?.
In short this figure is like saying the Sun is 10000 degrees centigrade and NLers will say
"Ah it is very hot oo!
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
na wa oooo
abeg next thread.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Siga: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nattyuduak:

Brother I have said it in one of my posts. if they truly sacrificed just one year to serve the masses not politicking as usual; Nigeria for tight!
...I know...is a yr too much to ask for? ....I dont know why these politicians are so wicked and heartless....its so bad that even those wey dey overseas wey talk say dem dey come Naija to fix the country....na steal dem sef wan come do....why, why, why,....why do we hate ourselves....cos, I can only attribute this to hatred....how can u be driving a Range Rover and see beggers on the roads and be happy to say u live in afluence....
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
2013 Budget is N4.92 Trillion and if the FIRS can genertate N3.81Tr in 9 months with absolute certainty I am sure they could generate N4.92 Trillion in 12 months. The Problem is more complex cos States and Local Governments share this FIRS revenue too. It is very wrong to say the country doesnt need Oil money, because much of the revenue comes from Petroleum sectors too. We should commend this administration for even making known the figures. Our past leaders shared everything and we never knew there is so much revenue generated. Little wonder that OBJ says he is tired of politics. It is no longer uhuru.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by ayee001: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Enough pepper. Naija I hail.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by Navalsadiq(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
i wonder what they do with all this huge sums of money.no good infracstructure and good social amenities.may GOD help this nation.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by jamace(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Imagine!! shocked shocked shocked

Bad leadership is Nigeria's problem.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by KINGwax(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
i don't knw why YOUR life is in ABJECT poverty
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by nwabobo: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
@Topic; Thank you Aunty Ngozi iweala for plugging the loop holes.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by ChrisGnarly: 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
we don hear nah. GEJ shld use it for 2013 budget live crude oil alon which is causing wahala
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by tigonana: 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
grin grin chrismas don sure be dat govt chopup.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by mmmustapha(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Just c how we generates trillion in 9 months, our problems is nt money we lack leadership, our education is backward, all we knw is tribal wars,religious wars, we raid,kidnap n kill ourselves in d name of democracy, may almighty Allah c us tru
Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by WinkWrld: 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
3.8trillion in 9 months will fix a hospital worth over 10 billion in every state in Nigeria, creating over 72,000 jobs and inturn generating multiple revenue.
3.8 trillion in 9 months will fix our four major refineries in Nigeria, ensuring 100% productivity, creating over 15thousan jobs with multiple benefits
3.8 trillion in 9months will build over 15 modern universities while updating existing once along researc centres, creating over 50,00jobs and more revenue
3.8 trillion in 9 months will build mega power stations to generate over 5,000MW to supply 24/7 power to Nigeria, creating over 45,00 jobs and more revenue
3.8 trillion in 9 months will get mordern trasport systems(trains, trams, fairy's etc working in @least 5 major cities in nigeria also generating more revenue
3.8 trillion in 9 months will kick start our failing economy by bringing the Nigerian Stock exchange back to live which will inturn generate more revenue
3.8 trillion in 9 months will build houses for the less priviledge and provide support for all aged(65yrs and above).
3.8 trillion in 9 months will go well on security of lives and properties.
This is a lot of money and the truth is that we never ever get to see how these monies are spent. May God Help Nigerians in authority to show love.

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Generates N3.81 Trillion In 9months. by codeine123: 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
NIGERIA Good people great nation bad leaders smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gaddafi's Warning To Europe Is Coming To Pass / Jonathan Blasts Buhari Over Corruption, Challenges Him. / The Vice President Called In Live To Journalist Hangout In TVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.