Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark (16791 Views)

Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / Senator David Mark Receiving Ash On His Forehead Today From A Priest (Photo) / Borno State Senator Ali Ndume Is A Boko Haram Sponsor - Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by apala911: 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
It was unlimited joy for the people of Ijebu in Ogun State yesterday when the Senate President, David Mark assured them that the creation of more states by the National Assembly was still on course.

Mark said this at the 2012 annual Ojude-Oba celebration at Ijebu-Ode on Sunday, adding that states creation would bring governance closer to the people, assuring them of his support for the creation of Ijebu State.

He said “I have received the delegation from the (Ogun) State who are the main committee members for creation of Ijebu State. I’m here to say one thing that I’m fully in support of the creation of Ijebu State.

“Let me make my point clear: where I stand in politics is never in doubt. I support the creation of Ijebu State. I support the creation of (more) states in

this country. And the National Assembly must work towards that.

“When we create states, it is not because we cannot live together but because we want to bring governance closer and nearer to the people.

“A lot of people desire and deserve to feel a sense of governance in this country and when we create states, that is what would happen.”

Responding on behalf of the people, the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona expressed his unreserved gratitude for the support they have so far received from the Senate President, adding that it was time Ijebu state is created.

He said “It is the only province that existed since 1975 that is yet to be converted to a state, while other provinces had been divided into two or more states.”

The monarch and the Governor of Ogun State,Ibikunle Amosun commended the Chairman of Globacom for bringing many innovations to the festival, thereby turning it to a world-class carnival which has attracted people from across Nigeria and the rest of the world.

The festival was attended by senators, captains of industries and other political bigwigs

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/29/i-support-creation-ijebu-state-david-mark-2/

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
This is just ridiculous!!!

I would like to know if the Akarigbo of remoland is part of this silliness. In the times when we are meant to be looking toward regionalism, some are looking to fragment us even further? Yes, so you get money to spend all to yourselves rather than sharing it with Abeokuta but we should be looking more into longevity and preservation than all this rubbish Nigeria is throwing at us. Why integrate into Nigeria, further?

9 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
Carve another state out of already tiny Ogun State? Thinking with their ars/es as usual
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
We don't need states. In fact, we need to merge some states .

7 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by TheKingsQueen: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Why won't he support it, when he knows that more states equals to more senators and more House of Reps members. Can you imagine? We are saying that the already existing states need to be developed and the citizens given basic social amenities, and Mark is here talking about creating more States. Haba! We don't need this now Nigerians, or do we?

2 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
David Mark is already playing to the psyche of the West. I can only assume he has a political ambition to be President and he needs as much votes as he can get. But I doubt if anyone will win election again in this country based on sentiments except Nigerians are ready to go back to era of rulership by hunches which David Mark represents. We need Technocrats in Power, enough is enough for career Politicians.

7 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Devonian(m): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
[size=18pt]My heart profusely bleeds for Nigeria.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nigeria has no future with creation of additional states...

We should rather be talking of merging unjustifiable and un-viable states with more vibrant states...especially in the North.

4 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
naijababe: Carve another state out of already tiny Ogun State? Thinking with their ars/es as usual

Aren't they just? Everyone wants to have a state and it's just ridiculous! In this age when the Remo people don't even see themselves as Ijebu? I think this is solely the agenda of the Awujale ojare and David Mark is egging them on and deceiving them only for his own selfish purpose. We all know that David Mark is gearing toward 2015, hence his stupid comments of late to appease different quaters. Firstly, it was that state of origin needs to be done away with; he knew this would appeal to the okoros. Now, he's trying to sweeten the Yorubas up with the idea of getting an extra state. What a 'loada' rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by eduson55(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
[size=18pt]DID THEY SPRAY MADNESS INTO THE AIR FOR NIGERIAN LEADERS?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by miteolu(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
OGD at work

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by ayee001: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
I am patiently waiting for how this will turn out. We aware that it's not about viability or how productive these states can be. They will be waiting for the 'usual' from Abuja.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
"Ijebu" : the name sounds bush.

Can't they find a better name?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by tonym1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
ANOTHER WAY TO STEAL MONEY IS CREATION OF NEW STATES grin
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Siga: 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
These guys are as confused as a rat tryin to escape unlimited traps....they have no sensible solution to Naija...
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by eastman11: 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
David Mark is campaigning for presidency already,he must be a clown. When most states are not viable and already failed as states he is canvassing for more states. The only solution to Nigeria problem is regional govt. or true federalism.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by jayjam(m): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
#with this set of gluttonous leaders,i don't see nigeria near the 20:20:20#
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Navalsadiq(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
states are just being created on the grounds of sentiment.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
So, this man's campaign has already commenced.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ijebu state?...i don't even like the way it sounds,so primitive!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
binger: Ijebu state?...i don't even like the way it sounds,so primitive!
I guess "Johnson state" will make more sense, right?

3 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
At least IJEBU GARRI no go scarce! Can't afford to stop drinking that slapping garri.

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Afam4eva(m): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
berem: At least IJEBU GARRI no go scarce! Can't afford to stop drinking that slapping garri.
It may sound like a joke but Ijebu state will make a killing if they focus there energy in producing and exporting Ijebu Garri all over the country and the world. Their motto can be something like this: Ijebu state - Garri for all.

7 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
Billyonaire: David Mark is already playing to the psyche of the West. I can only assume he has a political ambition to be President and he needs as much votes as he can get. But I doubt if anyone will win election again in this country based on sentiments except Nigerians are ready to go back to era of rulership by hunches which David Mark represents. We need Technocrats in Power, enough is enough for career Politicians.
100%

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
awon omo Igbo ati complex wan yii sa. Won tun ti debi lati wa da discussion yii ru.

2 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
Desola: awon omo Igbo ati complex wan yii sa. Won tun ti debi lati wa da discussion yii ru.
Ki lo man se iwo gan na...kini awon omo Igbo se insin yi?

2 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aribisala0(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
Desola: This is just ridiculous!!!

I would like to know if the Akarigbo of remoland is part of this silliness. In the times when we are meant to be looking toward regionalism, some are looking to fragment us even further? Yes, so you get money to spend all to yourselves rather than sharing it with Abeokuta but we should be looking more into longevity and preservation than all this rubbish Nigeria is throwing at us. Why integrate into Nigeria, further?

naijababe: Carve another state out of already tiny Ogun State? Thinking with their ars/es as usual

I agree with you both in theory but not in practice .I would like the status quo to remain or even some states to collapse but if it is happening elsewhere why be left out?
I want my street to be a state.
Apart from resource implication the more important thing is weighting of voices in terms of ability to change the constitution. Every time states are created elsewhere your voice at the centre is diluted. This is particularly glaring for Lagos which has 3 senators while the old East Central State has 15,Rivers 6 South East(Calabar) state 6 Kano 6 Katsina 6 . It is this constitutional veto that is the crux of the matter and all these manouevres are a proxy for that argument.
If we have settled the issue in such a way as e.g. to say The former Western or Eastern Regions can only have x legislators at federal level and y proportion of the federal allocation and Z influence on the Presidential election regardles of how many states that are created subsequently. Let them decide at the regional level without FG input how many states they want you will see that many states will merge. As long as the relative influence of the different regions is or is seen to be in flux this will continue.All we need to do is settle those issues
of relative control of the FG/constitution and revenue accruals once and for all. In fact not all regions need to be organized along states. Until that happens please bring on
Mushin State!!

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
Devonian: [size=18pt]My heart profusely bleeds for Nigeria.[/size]
Revolution?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by omiobo: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
This is ridiculous. Even the dumbest azs on nairaland knows that this is a trap in disguise. God punish devil.

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Skywalker5(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
David mark.. you fall my hand. Is this what we really need? More states and more embezzlement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: PDP Undecided Over Presidential Candidate / Attahiru Jega Wins IFES Award / Joe Ajaero: I Was Brutalised, Detained By DSS – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.