Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? (1344 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing / Sex Chapter Is In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
What exactly is this Chapter talking about, anyone who believe He/She has a good understanding should please explain the exact point Of Paul.
I do not know if Am i getting it all right or not, Are we been assured that keeping the law, cannot save us from Our sins? Some sincere comments please Thanks in advance.

Galatians 3:22-29(NIV)
22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
23 Before the coming of this faith,[a] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 3:22-29 (NASB)
22 But the Scripture has shut up [a]everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is [c]neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by tpia1: 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Keeping the law does not connote deliverance from sin.

1 Like

Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
plappville:

What exactly is this Chapter talking about, anyone who believe He/She has a good understanding should please explain the exact point Of Paul.
I do not know if Am i getting it all right or not, Are we been assured that keeping the law, cannot save us from Our sins? Some sincere comments please Thanks in advance.

Galatians 3:22-29(NIV)
22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
23 Before the coming of this faith,[a] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 3:22-29 (NASB)
22 But the Scripture has shut up [a]everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is [c]neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

Good question. This is the first mystery that you have to crack. The OT was God's promise that He would destroy death while the NT tells us exactly how He did it. My question to you is this: Have you kept the Ten commandments? If not, why not?

You can read Luke 24
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
tpia1: Keeping the law does not connote deliverance from sin.

Thanks, So why did Jesus say this?

Matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

I thought Jesus thaught the people to obey everything God had commanded Matt. 5:20, 48; 7:21.

And He Did encouraged them to obey the ritual laws undecided

(Matthew 5:23-24)23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift. Matt. 5:23-24;

Luke 5:14 Then Jesus ordered him, "Don't tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."

He also said He Didnt come to destroy the law! Matt. 5:17.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Good question. This is the first mystery that you have to crack. The OT was God's promise that He would destroy death while the NT tells us exactly how He did it. My question to you is this: Have you kept the Ten commandments? If not, why not?

You can read Luke 24

Ah, ok, But seeing certain words spoken by Christ Himself, it looks/seems like the Old testament still applies.

Yes i do keep the Ten commandements. I will read the chapter of Luke you posted to see. Thanks.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You can read Luke 24

Its talking about Christ death and How He conquered the grave.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by tpia5: 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
plappville:

Thanks, So why did Jesus say this?

Matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

verse 20

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

the pharisees had an outward appearance of godliness [obeying the law] but in their hearts did not serve or fear God.

He also said He Didnt come to destroy the law! Matt. 5:17.

mat 5 17

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by tpia5: 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
And He Did encouraged them to obey the ritual laws undecided

(Matthew 5:23-24)23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift. Matt. 5:23-24;

what's the question?

I dont see any ritual here.

Luke 5:14 Then Jesus ordered him, "Don't tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."

so the healed man could be certified clean.

if he didnt do that, he'd still be considered unclean.

priests sometimes doubled as health inspectors back then.

2 Likes

Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by seyibrown(f): 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
tpia@:

Correct. Priests were designated health inspectors in mosaic law. They decided who was clean, unclean, or to be quarantined for such determination. See Leviticus 13 and 14.

@ Topic

The Law guided them but for us, the Holy Spirit - through our faith - does!
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by ichuka(m): 4:14am On Oct 30, 2012
Gal3:22-25
22,But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin,so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe(because of sin,mankind has been condemned by God's Word,but through faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ anyone that believes has Life.Jhn3:16)
23.But before faith came,we were kept in custody under the Law,being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed(before Grace came,His Law was given to us,so that we know how sinful and incapable we really are in upholding His Law.that when His Grace is revealed later on,it would be appreciated)
24.Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ,so that we may be justified by faith(because of the Law,we now know how sinful and completely incapable we are of trying to please/keep Gods Law,that our capability is in Christ alone)
25.But now that faith has come,we are no longer under a tutor(now that we are Christains,He will fullfill the demands of the Law in us and through us.Matt5:17)
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by ichuka(m): 4:33am On Oct 30, 2012
God gave us His Law,for us to break it.by doing so His Redemptive work on the Cross would be appreciated and accepted by us.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by Image123(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2012
lemme seek for trouble this morning maybe i can find. plap, go and read the passage in French jare, shabbath don dey tire you?
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 30, 2012
ITS A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO THE SAME GOAL. WHAT IS THE GOAL ? ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. <<< THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN. WHY SHOULD YOU KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS ? SO AS TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY TREATING YOUR FELLOW MAN HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED, WITH RESPECT AND LOVE. THATS YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE. HOWEVER DURING THE MOSAIC ERA AND CHRIST ERA TRYING TO ACHIEVE THIS PURPOSE IS FROM BOTH ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM. IN THE MOSAIC LAW THEY TRY TO GET YOU TO ACHIEVE THIS PURPOSE BY FOLLOWING LAWS AND NOTHING ELSE. ITS LIKE A CONSTITUTION THAT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW AND OBEY. YOU ARE LED BY THE LAWS. YOU TRY TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY OBEYING LAWS. HOWEVER AT THIS POINT IN TIME ONLY JEWS WERE ON EARTH SO MOST OF THOSE LAWS WERE ALSO TRADITIONAL LAWS.

IN COMES THE GENTILES, A GROUP OF MUTANTS ( LOL ) FORMED AFTER THE FLOOD. NOW THESE ARE NOT ISRAELITES SO IT WOULD BE UNFAIR TO ASK THEM TO FOLLOW JEWISH CUSTOMS BECAUSE IT IS NOT NATURAL TO THEM, SO WHEN THEY GOT UNITED WITH THE JEWS UNDER THE LAW BY CHRISTS DEATH ( EPHESIANS 2 VS 14 ), A NEW METHOD OF TRYING TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH WAS CREATED. THIS TIME YOU DO NOT CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY FOLLOWING LAWS. YOU CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY FOLLOWING YOUR SPIRIT. OF COURSE THIS IS ASSUMING THAT YOUR SPIRIT IS GENUINELY RENEWED BY THE WORD ( WHICH LETS FACE IT NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE GET TO THIS POINT ). THE IDEA HERE IS THAT IF YOUR SPIRIT IS GENUINELY REFURBISHED BY THE WORD THEN YOUR SPIRIT WILL GUIDE YOU AWAY FROM BREAKING THE LAWS. MEANING IF YOU ARE STILL BREAKING THE LAWS THEN YOUR SPIRIT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT RENEWED YET. SO AS YOU CAN SEE, ITS JUST DIFFERENT WAYS OF TRYING TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY OBEYING THE LAWS. WITH THE FIRST METHOD YOU ARE DIRECTLY LED BY THE LAWS AND WITH THTE OTHER METHOD YOU LET YOUR SPIRIT LEAD YOU AWAY FROM BREAKING IT. THE GOOD THING ABOUT USING YOUR SPIRIT TO LEAD YOU AWAY FROM BREAKING THE LAWS IS THAT CERTAIN JEWISH LAWS WHICH YOU HAD TO FOLLOW DURING MOSAIC LAWS BECOME IRRELEVANT NOW BECAUSE YOUR SPIRIT DOES NOT COUNT TRADITIONAL LAWS ( SUCH AS YOU MUST WEAR FRINGES WITH YOUR GARMENTS, YOU CANT WEAR A CLOTH WITH TWO COMBINED FIBERS ETC ETC ). YOUR SPIRIT ONLY SEES MORAL LAWS AS OFFENCES. THIS IS THE POINT OF UNITING BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES UNDER CHRIST LAWS BECAUSE NOW THEY BOTH JUST FOLLOW THE MORAL LAWS. WHAT ARE MORAL LAWS ? DO NOT STEAL KILL FORNICATE IDOLATRY ADULTERY EAT PORK AND OTHER ABOMINABLE FOODS ( THATS DEFILING YOUR TEMPLE ) ETC ETC.

IN CONCLUSION ? THEY ( CHRIST AND MOSAIC ) ARE BOTH DIFFERENT WAYS TO GET TO THE SAME GOAL, WHICH IS USING THE LAWS TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH. THE LAWS ARE NOT DONE AWAY WITH.

1 Like

Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by okeyxyz(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
@plappville
The gospel is precisely what this passages you rfered says. The law is totally defeated and done away with, therefore any christian who still defines morality based on The Law does not truly know christ.

One of scripture passages that still holds christians back is this:
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them(Matthew 5:17).

Then Jesus goes on to say:
18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished(Mathew 5:18).

Now the death of jesus on the cross is the fulfilment of the law. The law was not meant to give life but death.
28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit(John 19 :28-30).

But because people had continued to break the law, then one could reason that the law was just. But then comes a man(Jesus) who was completely innocent, even by the standards of the law, yet this law condemned him to death, therefore proving that it is a tool for death, not life. Thus: The Law is legally defeated. Also, evidence that the Law kills is this passage:
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life(2 Cor 3:6).

Another factor of misunderstanding in chritianity is that they point to Jesus as the standard to follow. But that Jesus did not reveal his "Christ-ship" while alive. The only instances he talked about his "Christ-ship" was in parables because the true christ message was contrary to The Law, but he could not literally oppose this law because he needed to abide by it in order to prove that it kills. Now after proving that the law kills, it is totally abolished: Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes(Romans 10:4).

So a sinner is anybody who still defines morality by the standards of the law instead of following the liberty(from the law) that christ gives. We no longer define morality according to the precepts of the law. The Jesus that christians still try to conform to was the Jesus of the law, not of the Christ\spirit:
So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer(2 Cor 5:16).

I hope this answers your questions. Yes, it's shocking, I know. I felt the shock when this wisdom was first preached to me, But if the message is for you, then it would make sense to you.

2 Likes

Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
tpia@:

verse 20

the pharisees had an outward appearance of godliness [obeying the law] but in their hearts did not serve or fear God.

mat 5 17

Thanks alot, for taking ur time, God bless.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
tpia@:

what's the question?

I dont see any ritual here.

Sorry, the Ritual was for the healed man, It was a mistake. You explaination is very plain.
Thanks.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
seyibrown:

Correct. Priests were designated health inspectors in mosaic law. They decided who was clean, unclean, or to be quarantined for such determination. See Leviticus 13 and 14.

@ Topic

The Law guided them but for us, the Holy Spirit - through our faith - does!

Its a short meaning of this chapter i guess?
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
Image123: lemme seek for trouble this morning maybe i can find. plap, go and read the passage in French jare, shabbath don dey tire you?

Why are you like this? What do u mean Sabbath don dey tire me, i have never come across this verse, ever since i have been asking NL where in the bible says the law is no longer valid
no one has been able to privide this verse. I am studying the bible, but i'm yet to arrive at the NT, i didn't want to jump pages for a better understanding.

By the way, why should Sabbath tire me, i have been enjoying it, it has created much time together with my family, and has made me have more time to study my bible
So what is there?

It is now wrong for one to asked Question in NL, @image123 is that perfect christian that never ask others question.

Dey show urself there grin grin

edited.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
obadiah777: ITS A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO THE SAME GOAL. WHAT IS THE GOAL ? ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. <<< THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN. WHY SHOULD YOU KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS ? SO AS TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY TREATING YOUR FELLOW MAN HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED, WITH RESPECT AND LOVE. THATS YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE. HOWEVER DURING THE MOSAIC ERA AND CHRIST ERA TRYING TO ACHIEVE THIS PURPOSE IS FROM BOTH ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM. IN THE MOSAIC LAW THEY TRY TO GET YOU TO ACHIEVE THIS PURPOSE BY FOLLOWING LAWS AND NOTHING ELSE. ITS LIKE A CONSTITUTION THAT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW AND OBEY. YOU ARE LED BY THE LAWS. YOU TRY TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY OBEYING LAWS. HOWEVER AT THIS POINT IN TIME ONLY JEWS WERE ON EARTH SO MOST OF THOSE LAWS WERE ALSO TRADITIONAL LAWS.

IN COMES THE GENTILES, A GROUP OF MUTANTS ( LOL ) FORMED AFTER THE FLOOD. NOW THESE ARE NOT ISRAELITES SO IT WOULD BE UNFAIR TO ASK THEM TO FOLLOW JEWISH CUSTOMS BECAUSE IT IS NOT NATURAL TO THEM, SO WHEN THEY GOT UNITED WITH THE JEWS UNDER THE LAW BY CHRISTS DEATH ( EPHESIANS 2 VS 14 ), A NEW METHOD OF TRYING TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH WAS CREATED. THIS TIME YOU DO NOT CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY FOLLOWING LAWS. YOU CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY FOLLOWING YOUR SPIRIT. OF COURSE THIS IS ASSUMING THAT YOUR SPIRIT IS GENUINELY RENEWED BY THE WORD ( WHICH LETS FACE IT NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE GET TO THIS POINT ). THE IDEA HERE IS THAT IF YOUR SPIRIT IS GENUINELY REFURBISHED BY THE WORD THEN YOUR SPIRIT WILL GUIDE YOU AWAY FROM BREAKING THE LAWS. MEANING IF YOU ARE STILL BREAKING THE LAWS THEN YOUR SPIRIT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT RENEWED YET. SO AS YOU CAN SEE, ITS JUST DIFFERENT WAYS OF TRYING TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY OBEYING THE LAWS. WITH THE FIRST METHOD YOU ARE DIRECTLY LED BY THE LAWS AND WITH THTE OTHER METHOD YOU LET YOUR SPIRIT LEAD YOU AWAY FROM BREAKING IT. THE GOOD THING ABOUT USING YOUR SPIRIT TO LEAD YOU AWAY FROM BREAKING THE LAWS IS THAT CERTAIN JEWISH LAWS WHICH YOU HAD TO FOLLOW DURING MOSAIC LAWS BECOME IRRELEVANT NOW BECAUSE YOUR SPIRIT DOES NOT COUNT TRADITIONAL LAWS ( SUCH AS YOU MUST WEAR FRINGES WITH YOUR GARMENTS, YOU CANT WEAR A CLOTH WITH TWO COMBINED FIBERS ETC ETC ). YOUR SPIRIT ONLY SEES MORAL LAWS AS OFFENCES. THIS IS THE POINT OF UNITING BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES UNDER CHRIST LAWS BECAUSE NOW THEY BOTH JUST FOLLOW THE MORAL LAWS. WHAT ARE MORAL LAWS ? DO NOT STEAL KILL FORNICATE IDOLATRY ADULTERY EAT PORK AND OTHER ABOMINABLE FOODS ( THATS DEFILING YOUR TEMPLE ) ETC ETC.

IN CONCLUSION ? THEY ( CHRIST AND MOSAIC ) ARE BOTH DIFFERENT WAYS TO GET TO THE SAME GOAL, WHICH IS USING THE LAWS TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH. THE LAWS ARE NOT DONE AWAY WITH.

Interesting, and @image123 ignored this? Well, thanks, when christian say the laws no longer aplies, they will only ignore the difficult one nd pick the ones that suit/profites them.

I am seeking the truth, i can't select what to obey, so when i come across this verse and seeing some words from Christ concerning the laws of God, there is need for one to call others attention.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
okeyxyz: @plappville
The gospel is precisely what this passages you rfered says. The law is totally defeated and done away with, therefore any christian who still defines morality based on The Law does not truly know christ.

One of scripture passages that still holds christians back is this:
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them(Matthew 5:17).

Then Jesus does on to say:
18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished(Mathew 5:18).

Now the death of jesus on the cross is the fulfilment of the law. The law was not meant to give life but death.
28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit(John 19 :28-30).

But because people had continued to break the law, then one could reason that the law was just. But then comes a man(Jesus) who was completely innocent, even by the standards of the law, yet this law condemned him to death, therefore proving that it is a tool for death, not life. Thus: The Law is legally defeated. Also, evidence that the Law kills is this passage:
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life(2 Cor 3:6).

Another factor of misunderstanding in chritianity is that they point to Jesus as the standard to follow. But that Jesus did not reveal his "Christ-ship" while alive. The only instances he talked about his "Christ-ship" was in parables because the true christ message was contrary to The Law, but he could not literally oppose this law because he needed to abide by it in order to prove that it kills. Now after proving that the law kills, it is totally abolished: Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes(Romans 10:4).

So a sinner is anybody who still defines morality by the standards of the law instead of following the liberty(from the law) that christ gives. We no longer define morality according to the precepts of the law. That Jesus that christians still try to conform to was the Jesus of the law, not of the Christ\spirit:
So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer(2 Cor 5:16).

I hope this answers your questions. Yes, it's shocking, I know. I felt the shock when this wisdom was first preached to me, But if the message is for you, then it would make sense to you.

Well understood, thanks. But we can see some verses that shows Christ Disciples didn't just forget some of the laws, even ater Christ death and ressurrection, apart from Paul who teaches this. Does it means the Spirit did not direct them? I still wonder why Peter says, some of Pauls writing are difficult to understand. Doesn't this has to do with certain of His letters concerning the law been done away with? undecided
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by okeyxyz(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
plappville:

Well understood, thanks. But we can see some verses that shows Christ Disciples didn't just forget some of the laws, even ater Christ death and ressurrection, apart from Paul who teaches this. Does it means the Spirit did not direct them? I still wonder why Peter says, some of Pauls writing are difficult to understand. Doesn't this has to do with certain of His letters concerning the law been done away with? undecided

You are correct. Even after liberty, people still struggled with the gospel because it was "too good to be true". Change is difficult. When a man has spent all his life in jail, He becomes "institutionalized" so much so that when he is unexpectedly set free, his mindset & conscience would still prefer the prison life to the new life(freedom). This was the situation with Peter when he discriminated between jews and gentiles at Antioch, so that paul had to publicly rebuke him and his cohorts(Galatians 2:11-21 explains it all). It is also illustrated in Acts 15:1-30, leading to the council at Jerusalem of the apostles and elders wherein they considered how to direct the gentiles about The Law. Eventually their directives where:
29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things(Acts 15:29).

Even these directives were suited only for people who are new\weak(children) in the faith, not for people with a good grasp of the gospel, as Paul makes known in 1Cor 8. You who has good knowledge of gospel, knowing that all things natural belongs to god and are meant to be used/enjoyed, but another brother/sister is still weak and might be misled by your display of liberty, then you have a responsibility to refrain from your liberties while in his/her presence.

So while accepting the gospel, some people still had a strong conscience and comfort in The Law, they are allowed to do so, but that does not nullify the absolute freedom that is granted by christ. It is everyone according to his conscience and capacity. Yet, the truth is, to anyone that believes: the law is absolutely abolished, There is nothing natural(whether food, drink, se.x) that the law can condemn you for.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
okeyxyz:

You are correct. Even after liberty, people still struggled with the gospel because it was "too good to be true". Change is difficult. When a man has spent all his life in jail, He becomes "institutionalized" so much so that when he is unexpectedly set free, his mindset & conscience would still prefer the prison life to the new life(freedom). This was the situation with Peter when he discriminated between jews and gentiles at Antioch, so that paul had to publicly rebuke him and his cohorts(Galatians 2:11-21 explains it
all
). It is also illustrated in Acts 15:1-30, leading to the council at Jerusalem of the apostles and elders wherein they considered how to direct the gentiles about The Law. Eventually their directives where:
29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will
do well to avoid these things(Acts 15:29)

Even these directives were suited only for people who are new\weak(children) in the faith, not for people with a good grasp of the gospel, as Paul makes known in 1Cor 8. You who has good knowledge of gospel, knowing that all things natural belongs to god and are meant to
be used/enjoyed, but another brother/sister is still weak and might be misled by your display of liberty, then you have a responsibility to refrain from your liberties while in his/her presence.

So while accepting the gospel, some people still had a strong conscience and comfort in The Law, they are allowed to do so, but that does not nullify the absolute freedom that is granted by christ. It is everyone according to his conscience and capacity. Yet, the truth
is, to anyone that believes: the law is absolutely abolished, There is nothing natural(whether food, drink, se.x) that the law can condemn you for.

I dont kn what else to say, for all this good wk u've done up there. No beating around the bush, points jited and matched with scriptures. Thanks brother, for ur time. For we all need this to keep growing.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by Image123(m): 1:06am On Oct 31, 2012
@plap
Why are you like this? What do u mean Sabbath don dey tire me, i have never come across this verse, ever since i have been asking NL where in the bible says the law is no longer valid
no one has been able to privide this verse. I am studying the bible, but i'm yet to arrive at the NT, i didn't want to jump pages for a better understanding.

By the way, why should Sabbath tire me, i have been enjoying it, it has created much time together with my family, and has made me have more time to study my bible
So what is there?

It is now wrong for one to asked Question in NL, @image123 is that perfect christian that never ask others question.

Dey show urself there
so i found the trouble, hahahahahahahhhhhhahahaaaaahaaahahaahahahahahaa cheesy
Well then, to be fair, let me be on your side. One thing i'd advice. If you're looking for explanation next time from fellow humans, try to get a good Bible commentary instead, not NL. NL is not the ideal place to get spiritual counsel ehn! Go and look for children of God you can sincerely share God's Word with without unneeded distractions, or ask your church/felowship leaders. An dof course, ask God's Spirit i.e the Holy Spirit to teach you, and He will. Make i just chip in some sentences for the passage sha.

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Settle this clearly in you. This is the focal point of the two testaments. NOBODY is justified by the law in God's sight. You can't, i can't get righteous by keeping the law. Maybe before man, they may see me as a good guy by keeping the law, but not God.Even atheists will call me good, perhaps because i do not commit adultery, or lie, or cheat, or kill. I may even rate myself good because i do this things. But God does not rate anybody good or righteous by his keeping the law.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Before God, we can never meet the standard of righteousness.
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

His standard of righteousness is so high we cannot attain it. We can ONLY be saved by His mercy. It is His mercy that sent us Jesus Christ to save us. Now, in Jesus, through faith in Jesus, we are saved. So now, Jesus becomes righteousness for us. He is our substitute. in the New Testament, we are made righteous by faith in Jesus. Believing in Jesus.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

We are to seek/look for GOD's righteousness. We spend a lot of time and energy trying to establish OUR righteousness, like the jews. But our righteousness can NEVER meet God's standards. Our keeping laws can never make us righteous. Instead, we are made rightous, so that we can keep God's laws.
Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Notice the two righteousness mentioned in that verse? God's righteousness is FOUND in Jesus Christ.
1Cor 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Jesus is God's righteousness. Accepting and BELIEVING in His new covenant is what makes us righteous before God.

Phi 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

So the keeping of the law does not and cannot make us righteous. It is Jesus that can make us righteous, when He comes into u by faith and is made the righteousness of God to us by faith.

Galat 3:22 But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
The scriptures has found us all wanting. Everyone is guilty under the law, either by default birth, or b commision or omission.

Gala 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gala 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

God gave the law to show us that we could not meet the standard. Man can only try, but at the end be found wanting under the law. Could my zeal no respite know, could my tears forever flow, ALL for sin cannot atone. The law was our teacher. It was given to teach us that we cannot attain it on our own. Unfortunately, majority are yet to learn that lesson.

Gala 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gala3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Now that faith has come i.e faith in Jesus, we are no more UNDER the law. This simply means that those in the new covenant, who have found salvation in Jesus are now promoted. Its similar to leaving primary school to high school. It's not contradictory but a learning process, a growth in stage. The law is not to be treated with scorn or hat like many do. Actually, the law is good and holy. But it doesn't take us to our goal, just like primary school education cannot get us a good job or into college/university. We are no longer under the schoolmaster does not translate into lawlessness. It just means that we are now in grace. Grace helps us to keep the law. Under the schoolmaster, we cannot keep the law. You don't throw away all you learnt in primary school, it is actually FOUNDATIONAL to your learning all through life.The law/schoolmaster is like an exacting perfectionist dragging you almost to do good, but you can't keep up And its usually with a correcting whip for your learning troubles. But grace, faith in Christ Jesus is the helping hand that helps you do the same things, even more than the law required. If you notice, the commands in the new testament are higher and tougher than the old testament in comparison(Recall or read Matthew 5). The turn is that We as children of God, are RIGHTEOUS by faith, then we obey God's Word as it is our new nature. Unlike the law, where we are trying to obey the God's word so as to be righteous or acceptable.

Gala 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gala 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

We have all PUT on Christ once we believe and are baptised. Christ is our righteousness. He that believes and is baptised shall be saved. And the new testament has just the faith criteria. It is for everyone and anyone. Whosoever believes. it is a better, improved,new package. You don't need any qualifications. Jesus is what qualifies you. you don't have to be a Jew, or circumcised, or a man, or from the tribe of Levi, or a freeman. There is no hinderance, the veil has been torn when Christ died.

Gala 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
If you are Christ's, you are an heir of the kingdom. you are God's child. You now have power. This power can help you to please God. We are not made righteous by faith so as to displease God, or become lawless. We are made righteous, and empowred to obey God's Word. The stuggle of the law is now made easy. Someone in college doesn't find primary school work as a burden or impossible. He has all potential to do it and teach it IF NEED BE. That's the summary of the passage oh, plap.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
plappville:

Ah, ok, But seeing certain words spoken by Christ Himself, it looks/seems like the Old testament still applies.

That's a good observation.

plappville:

Yes i do keep the Ten commandements. I will read the chapter of Luke you posted to see. Thanks.

Listen to the voice of your conscience as you answer the following questions to see whether you have really kept the Ten Commandments:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
Image123: @plap

Well then, to be fair, let me be on your side. One thing i'd advice. If you're looking for explanation next time from fellow humans, try to get a good Bible commentary instead, not NL. NL is not the ideal place to get spiritual counsel ehn! Go and look for children of God you can sincerely share God's Word with without unneeded distractions, or ask your church/felowship leaders. An dof course, ask God's Spirit i.e the Holy Spirit to teach you, and He will. Make i just chip in some sentences for the passage sha.

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Settle this clearly in you. This is the focal point of the two testaments. NOBODY is justified by the law in God's sight. You can't, i can't get righteous by keeping the law. Maybe before man, they may see me as a good guy by keeping the law, but not God.Even atheists will call me good, perhaps because i do not commit adultery, or lie, or cheat, or kill. I may even rate myself good because i do this things. But God does not rate anybody good or righteous by his keeping the law.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

His standard of righteousness is so high we cannot attain it. We can ONLY be saved by His mercy. It is His mercy that sent us Jesus Christ to save us. Now, in Jesus, through faith in Jesus, we are saved. So now, Jesus becomes righteousness for us. He is our substitute. in the New Testament, we are made righteous by faith in Jesus. Believing in Jesus.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

We are to seek/look for GOD's righteousness. We spend a lot of time and energy trying to establish OUR righteousness, like the jews. But our righteousness can NEVER meet God's standards. Our keeping laws can never make us righteous. Instead, we are made rightous, so that we can keep God's laws.
Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Notice the two righteousness mentioned in that verse? God's righteousness is FOUND in Jesus Christ.
1Cor 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Jesus is God's righteousness. Accepting and BELIEVING in His new covenant is what makes us righteous before God.

Phi 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

So the keeping of the law does not and cannot make us righteous. It is Jesus that can make us righteous, when He comes into u by faith and is made the righteousness of God to us by faith.

Galat 3:22 But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
The scriptures has found us all wanting. Everyone is guilty under the law, either by default birth, or b commision or omission.

Gala 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gala 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

God gave the law to show us that we could not meet the standard. Man can only try, but at the end be found wanting under the law. Could my zeal no respite know, could my tears forever flow, ALL for sin cannot atone. The law was our teacher. It was given to teach us that we cannot attain it on our own. Unfortunately, majority are yet to learn that lesson.

Now that faith has come i.e faith in Jesus, we are no more UNDER the law. This simply means that those in the new covenant, who have found salvation in Jesus are now promoted. Its similar to leaving primary school to high school. It's not contradictory but a learning process, a growth in stage. The law is not to be treated with scorn or hat like many do. Actually, the law is good and holy. But it doesn't take us to our goal, just like primary school education cannot get us a good job or into college/university. We are no longer under the schoolmaster does not translate into lawlessness. It just means that we are now in grace. Grace helps us to keep the law. Under the schoolmaster, we cannot keep the law. You don't throw away all you learnt in primary school, it is actually FOUNDATIONAL to your learning all through life.The law/schoolmaster is like an exacting perfectionist dragging you almost to do good, but you can't keep up And its usually with a correcting whip for your learning troubles. But grace, faith in Christ Jesus is the helping hand that helps you do the same things, even more than the law required. If you notice, the commands in the new testament are higher and tougher than the old testament in comparison(Recall or read Matthew 5). The turn is that We as children of God, are RIGHTEOUS by faith, then we obey God's Word as it is our new nature. Unlike the law, where we are trying to obey the God's word so as to be righteous or acceptable.

Gala 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gala 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

We have all PUT on Christ once we believe and are baptised. Christ is our righteousness. He that believes and is baptised shall be saved. And the new testament has just the faith criteria. It is for everyone and anyone. Whosoever believes. it is a better, improved,new package. You don't need any qualifications. Jesus is what qualifies you. you don't have to be a Jew, or circumcised, or a man, or from the tribe of Levi, or a freeman. There is no hinderance, the veil has been torn when Christ died.

Gala 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
If you are Christ's, you are an heir of the kingdom. you are God's child. You now have power. This power can help you to please God. We are not made righteous by faith so as to displease God, or become lawless. We are made righteous, and empowred to obey God's Word. The stuggle of the law is now made easy. Someone in college doesn't find primary school work as a burden or impossible. He has all potential to do it and teach it IF NEED BE. That's the summary of the passage oh, plap.

At last you no find the trouble at all grin grin

Well thanks alot, for the first time you took ur time to deeply expain something with scriptures backup. I appreciate thanks.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

That's a good observation.

Listen to the voice of your conscience as you answer the following questions to see whether you have really kept the Ten Commandments:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

Bros Olaa u make me laugh, grin if i tell you yes for all, you will not believe and if i tell you no NL will explode grin grin grin

It is between me and my God, i am not to boast, because i do not have this nature.

If i may ask, why do you have to present all these questions?
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by Sirniyeh(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
You all posted trash! It's a pity that many allow their external to dominate the internal. When you open bible, you will first have encounter with four pillar of life. 1. God 2. Power of creativity 3. Love 4. Law. If you understand your bible very well, all these are in the first two chapters of the bible, all others are trash. The earth was formed and established on the principle of cause and effect. All other human fabricated stories about NT and Jesu are nonsense. What do i need to know or accept about christ? The law of cause and effect is the paramount thing to human survival, not Jesus. Can jesus substitute the law? Is jesus law? Let me ask you, if you take a knife and stab yourself, is it a sin? If yes, sin to who? Dont be decieved.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2012
plappville:

Bros Olaa u make me laugh, grin if i tell you yes for all, you will not believe and if i tell you no NL will explode grin grin grin

It is between me and my God, i am not to boast, because i do not have this nature.

If i may ask, why do you have to present all these questions?

Why now develop cold feet? Are you no longer saying that you've kept the 10 commandments? The reason I presented these questions is to make you see the gravity of your claim. Do you still assert that you've kept the commandments?
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why now develop cold feet? Are you no longer saying that you've kept the 10 commandments? The reason I presented these questions is to make you see the gravity of your claim. Do you still assert that you've kept the commandments?

Bros, i have previewsly told you i do keep it, what are you insisting on? are u on doubt that it cannot be kept? or do you find me guilty of not keeping it?
Don't be, i know i have been neglecting certain things in order not to break the Ten commandment.

I do not need man to believe me, but to who the glory goes, knows.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
Re: This Chapter Is Disturbing Me, Can You Make It Clearer Please? by plappville(f): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
Image123: @plap

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Satan / Can You Explain This? (Bible Scholars) / 10 Countries In The World Where Your Religion Will Get You Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.