Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? (7369 Views)

If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? / Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger / How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
acidtalk:

Nigerians will go any length to be financially free.
Who wouldn't? Poverty is knows no nationality.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Ayorh4you(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
Rubbish! Lazy Nigerians dat always luk 4 quick, easy n fast money.......owon ole!!
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Ayorh4you(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
Rubbish! Lazy Nigerians dat always luk 4 quick, easy n fast money.......owon ole!
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by stacomaster(m): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ah de kraze?
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by redcliff: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
its worth it but its totally impossible.. the body needs food to survive. i have done a week before and let me tell u, if i had done another week i would have died//.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by redcliff: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ayorh4you: Rubbish! Lazy Nigerians dat always luk 4 quick, easy n fast money.......owon ole!

u call fasting for a yr easy? hmnm.. be careful
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by FrenchyL(m): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Fasting won't make you rich. It sharpens your spiritual antenna to hear from God. If you want to be wealthy you need to apply God's principles for financial increase. You must be a giver, not just giving to anyone in need but giving to favor his righteous cause, that is if you are a christian. You also need to think and strategize ways you can make money by either providing a service or a product. When you do these things, the Lord will cause the works of your hands to prosper beyond your wildest imagination. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by willchild(m): 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
acidtalk:

Thank you.
You are the FIRST truthful person on this thread.

Boss, the fact that he's the first to respond affirmatively doesn't make him the first to tell the truth here. There are people (like me) who wont do it even if it were for 6 months ......
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Lamasta(m): 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
Brand_new: I did a 40 days fast when I was about 20 and ended up with a Nervous breakdown. Now that I'm wiser, I know such drastic spiritual measures is not necessary to achieve something.

The bible said Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights and after that he was hungry now tell me if Jesus became hungry after 40 days fasting who the Bleep are you to take 361 days fasting I guess you want a peaceful death
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Lamasta(m): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=acidtalk]

Sure we all know that. But assuming you find a "secret book of life" where you founf out if you fast for a whole year you would be that rich, will you take the risk?
Let's be factual here

Acidtalk no be only secret book of life na secret book of death.
Imagine if you finish the fasting where will the money come from is it from heaven or where? If you like make you no work, even the bible said faith without work is nothing
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Sike(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2012
OLORUN MAJE!
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by tonygee1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
to me that is becoming a billionaire in death
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by olsmade(m): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
Fast for one year and get 1 billion zimbabwean dollars. Ur own don be be dat
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Gekko(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
@ poster..no you wont become a billionaire but you will become very good at fasting, you will detoxify your body, slow down your metabolic rate, and probably save tons on food. wink
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by acidtalk: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Funny dudes.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by lexluthur007(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
hmmm,chiineeke.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by speedysmc(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Abey make una forget all dis pipe line dreams, d thrend is nonsense jare.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by gorgeousity: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
Poverty is a mentality. No amount of fastinG will wipe it away. Its only a change of mindset that will give it to you.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by israel007: 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
No one can.

I won't try it.

It's not scriptural. Even Jesus didn't attempt 2 months.

Only a foolish person would think, believe and set out on a mission this lame.

Make una no kill anybody pikin o

My hand no dey
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 05, 2012
No go there oh, if u do dat tin without faith u go even end up broke on or b4 20th of January d following, so my guys if u believe u wud be rich, ah congrats coz ur ministry is moving, while if u don't, u fit use yahoo yahoo. Lolz.....
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 05, 2012
@ topic I doubt it. tongue
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 05, 2012
Brand_new: I did a 40 days fast when I was about 20 and ended up with a Nervous breakdown. Now that I'm wiser, I know such drastic spiritual measures is not necessary to achieve something.

Exactly.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by way4naija: 6:22am On Nov 05, 2012
Fasting gats nothing to do with becoming rich in life.According to the Bible we are asked to fast so as to get power and authority over the enemy.Besides fasting can also make you to reflect on your life.

Anything else than the above you just gonna end up a pauper.What makes you rich is a rich mind.Knowing God is a plus.[
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by thirdeye(m): 7:34am On Nov 05, 2012
I will do it ten times over. Infact cumulatively this year I must have fasted over 100 days, fasting is not about not eating you have to really be in the spirit for it to have an impact. There are cases of ulcer patients that did fasting and were even healed of same ulcer. So is a spiritual thing and you must have been used to fasting lets say 40 days and more before and spiritual connection is needed else you will die.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by thirdeye(m): 7:44am On Nov 05, 2012
I think the question is straight and fair enough. Ok we all claim one religion or the other so while praying if God tells you to fast for one year to become a billionaire, will you do it?
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by luluosas(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2012
God forbids! Being a billion is not a priority in life but, to affect the lives of people around you positively.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by stagger: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2012
Money does not answer to fasting. It answers to the spiritual principles concerning money.

1) YOU MUST WORK! He that does not work, let him not eat. That is scripture.
2) You must be a cheerful giver. God loves a cheerful giver. Give and it shall be given unto you...
3) You must be a tither, so that when you make money, useless expenses do not crop up and take away from it (the devourer).
4) You must give offerings to God (thou shall not appear before Me empty handed).
5) You must help the poor and downtrodden of society. And it is not just restricted to money. Some of you go to church with big cars and you see a fellow church guy standing under sun and rain for trans, and you just drive on by, even looking the other way pretending not to see. Or you see your gateman wearing the same old clothes year in year out, meanwhile yours is filled with clothes you have long discarded, and you refuse to give the guy some of it to either use, or to sell and use the proceeds to buy new ones for himself, hiding under the "I PAY HIM SALARY" cloak. If you do this, YOU ARE WICKED.

Fasting is important, but it has its place. There are many people who fast but are the most selfish people you can ever encounter. Such people can never be blessed by God.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by Boycott: 10:35am On Nov 05, 2012
dejiswaggs:
In fact,it's my dream to be a billionaire , and this your seemly powerful question is a pointer that I WILL NEED TO SACRIFICE A LOT!
(Heck! Mike Adenuga lost over 20million dollars when he was setting up glo!)
I have to build myself to get there.
Even if it means u loosin ur life Men............../
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by phazotron(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2014
Brandnew2:
Trust me, there's more to being rich than meets the eye. No matter how much you fast and pray, that alone won't make you a billionaire overnight.
Of course I ate well after breaking my fast but the damage done to my system was simply too much.
Embarking on such fasting episode as you suggested is simply suicide.

your head over correct joor
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by BSF: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
It is a daunting task , but if I am guaranteed that fasting for 1 whole year would make me a billionaire, I will pay the price and go through the fast.
It takes a supernatural sense of discipline to go on a fast for 1 year, breaking by 6pm daily.
Try 30 days alone by yourself , not a fast declared by the church, but a fast that you declare for your self for 30 days breaking by 6pm. You will see the level of discipline that goes with it.

Then 1 year of fasting , no be beans; but for billionaire , I will do it.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by infogenius(m): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
op nice question and here is my answer
Yes I will do it.
Virtually throughout 1985 David Oyedepo was in a fast
and it is speaking today.

Fasting & Prayer alone won't bring the billions but it will break all resistance in ur way to having ur desires which includes poverty.

With clear understanding of what Jesus said in Mk11:23-24.Note "what thing soever ye desire"which includes the 1 billion and it concludes "ye shall have them.He did not just say but showed us what is working for him and what works in the Kingdom Of God.
The fasting humbles ur flesh and opens ur spiritual eye to where the blessings lie.These blessings come as opportunities which is cloaked in work.if u don't work no delivery.

God will have to deal wondrously with u so that u don't misbehave when it comes but rather a channel of blessing to people.

Fasting in sin is a waste of time.

If I must engage in this spiritual adventure (which I am starting 2moro thru the rest of the year) then I must of necessity pray fervently believing God absolutely and stay away from sin I shall have "whatsoever I say " Mk 11:23 and work trusting God to it's fulfillment
Acid talk thanks for this spiritual instruction. God bless u.
Re: Can You Fast For A Whole Year To Become A Billionaire? by acidtalk: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
^^^ Really?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entrepreneurs: Tips On How To Deliver A Pitch Investors Can't Turn Down / Common Tech Mistakes That Are Limiting Your Business Potentials / SCAM ALERT: Latest Scammers Tricks - Beware Of Worlu Ada Faith Chiamaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.