Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years (4710 Views)

Cocaine Capsules Burst In Smuggler’s Stomach (PHOTO) / Nigerian Drug Smuggler Arrested In Delhi, India / People-smuggler Used Witchcraft To Terrify Girls Into Sex Slavery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by scopusng(m): 4:43am On Oct 30, 2012
AN EVIL people smuggler who brainwashed children using black magic before forcing them into prostitution and raping them has been jailed for 20 years.
Cruel Osezua Osolase, 42, is also HIV positive and raped one of the young girls without wearing protection, a court heard.
The former security guard was found guilty of seven counts of trafficking young girls, rape and sexual activity with a child.
He had shipped the teenage girls from Nigeria to Britain where he groomed them to be sold for sex in Italy and Spain.
The court heard he cast spells using ”juju” magic over his three Nigerian victims - now aged 15, 17 and 18 - to stop them running away.
Osolase, who worked at a trendy London fashion shop, found his victims begging on the streets of Nigeria and promised to take them to the UK to get an education.
He then used West African rituals, known as juju magic, to trick the teenagers into believing they would die if they tried to run away.
He was jailed for 20 years at Canterbury Crown Court which heard he took advantage of vulnerable girls whose stories were ”tinged with tragedy”.
One victim is so traumatised she says despite the conviction she fears Osolase would still kill her.
Judge Adele Williams told him: “You were dealing in exploitation and misery and degradation.
“You have been convicted on clear and compelling evidence of trafficking two girls in and out of the UK.
“Once they arrived in the UK the reality was explained to them that they were going to have to work as prostitutes - being told they had to repay their debts for travel.
“They were petrified that if they spoke out they would be harmed and killed.
“You are a very, very dishonest man, arrogant and manipulative, devoid of conscience, and devoid of any compassion for your victims.
“You were condemning them for a life as no more than sex slaves where their lives would have been miserable.
Osolase, of Northfleet, Kent, was convicted of a total of five counts of trafficking for sexual purposes, one count of rape, and one count of sexual activity with a child.
He was acquitted of three further three charges of rape, one of trafficking and one of assault causing actual bodily harm charge, having denied all the offences.
Osolase - who has a lover with a child in Britain and a wife in Germany - will also be recommended for deportation at the end of his sentence.
Detectives fear he may be responsible for up to 25 more victims and CPS lawyers are now preparing a case to seize his financial assets.Back to top of page

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4615990/people-smuggler-osezua-osolase-jailed-for-20-years.html#ixzz2AkZRcG42
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Afam4eva(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2012
Na waoo
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by ihebrooke(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2012
Is it only bad news and shame that can be identified with Nigeria?
Pathetic!
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 30, 2012
third man.... 20 only?
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Abujafood: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2012
Serves him right, let him rot in prison!
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2012
As if scamming, underpant bombing, boko haram, drug trafficking and money laundering wasn't enough. No wonder we are always treated specially at foreign port of entry. smh
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by justwise(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2012
Not hash enough sentence, life without parole would have been better.

Wicked soul!!
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by justwise(m): 10:03am On Oct 30, 2012
Evil looking animal.

Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by 1ndidi2(f): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
See his fat figure8 head! La beast
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by vislabraye(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2012
He should be given the Saudi treatment for drug smugglers.

Why wasn't he caught in Nigeria? I think he should be severely dealt with. This people ruin our image abroad.
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Onyenna(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2012
Jeeez!!! This dude is a MONSTER!!!... Kai!!... Naaa waa oooohh!!!! Almost everything Nigeria is BAD news.... Damn!.... Our reputation keeps deteriorating!
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by touchmehard: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2012
The evil that men do live with them. He is even spreading the HIV virus to the girls he is trading. He's so callous and I hope he serves his term fully. This will serve as a deterrent to others
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by touchmehard: 10:17am On Oct 30, 2012
ihebrooke: Is it only bad news and shame that can be identified with Nigeria?
Pathetic!
Not at all. It's just that bad news spread faster than good news. Have you not heard of Nigerians achieving great feats in the educational sector overseas? The news are here on Nairaland e.g. The Nigerian professor in UK, the Nigerian with a first class in pharmacy in a UK university, and so many others which i'm not able to specifically cite here and now
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by johnstar(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2012
justwise: Evil looking animal.
looks like a baboon 2 me, or mayb buffalo undecided, na igbo man self, choi, c ow im head big
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by kelvincoll(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2012
Cruel Osezua Osolase, 42, is also HIV positive and Molested one of the young girls without wearing protection
shocked shocked shocked

Evil men indeed.. yet being celebrated when em enter naija. Hightime people source of income be monitored closely
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by justwise(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2012
@ johnstar

Animals like you should not quote me with your tribal comment. I hate people who can not see beyond tribe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by touchmehard: 10:22am On Oct 30, 2012
johnstar: looks like a baboon 2 me, or mayb buffalo undecided, na igbo man self, choi, c ow im head big
What makes you think he is an Igbo man? Or do you really have any problems with Igbo people?
Can't you see from his name that he is from Edo State? and it's Edo people that are mostly lured into all these useless overseas trip, especially to Italy.
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by justwise(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2012
kelvincoll: shocked shocked shocked

Evil men indeed.. yet being celebrated when em enter naija. Hightime people source of income be monitored closely

Exactly!! they will make hard working Nigerians look weak when they come boasting about how well they are doing in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by salam001(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2012
johnstar: looks like a baboon 2 me, or mayb buffalo undecided, na igbo man self, choi, c ow im head big
i dont blame you,i blame your mum for buying internet-abled phone for you to type nonsense here,JOHN BULL
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by acetee: 10:49am On Oct 30, 2012
[b][/b]Osezua Osolase, 42, Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by mompe(m): 11:03am On Oct 30, 2012
it serves him right and also a warning to other nigerians that engage themselves into such business
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Ejine(m): 11:22am On Oct 30, 2012
The shape of that man's head just resemble akara wey dem forget to put oil.

Oh, by the way, to the dullards... Osolase is an Edo name.
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by ouagadougou(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2012
touch_me_hard: Not at all. It's just that bad news spread faster than good news. Have you not heard of Nigerians achieving great feats in the educational sector overseas? The news are here on Nairaland e.g. The Nigerian professor in UK, the Nigerian with a first class in pharmacy in a UK university, and so many others which i'm not able to specifically cite here and now

Hmm, 'overseas' (another man's country) and not in Nigeria— as usual.
You seem to forget that the achievement(s) are in countries were basic things work for the ordinary folk so achieving becomes effortless.
Nigerians have been successful in academics abroad for decades but has that transformed the country in anyway? No. angry
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by SamMilla1(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2012
They are hundreds of them in Italy and France.
I met Naomi, an Esan girl in Gare Du Nord Paris in 2010. We became friends and she told me how she was brought to Napoli and then to Paris by one lady. She also narrated to me how she was told to pay back 45000 Euro before she will be released by some Juju that resides 6000 miles away in some Edo bush.
All effort i made to convince her to show me the lady was met with 'no no, i dont want to die'.
Naomi and her friend Lisa was just 18 then. They also told me that there were many of them traffikers living in Paris.
So one of them was just caught. Hundreds are still out there.

To the Benin girls who are victims of this devilish act, I blame you people partly because more than 95 percent of you knew what you were going to do in Europe. Infact some of you were Prostitutes all over West Africa before heading to Europe.

But still you can report your Masters to the Police and get free. Dont worry about Some Juju in Edo forest, it cant do you anything in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Gozzzy(m): 11:52am On Oct 30, 2012
vislabraye: He should be given the Saudi treatment for drug smugglers.

Why wasn't he caught in Nigeria? I think he should be severely dealt with. This people ruin our image abroad.
I wish he was caught in naija...... We for don ALUU am tey tey.....
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Gozzzy(m): 11:56am On Oct 30, 2012
Sam Milla: They are hundreds of them in Italy and France.
I met Naomi, an Esan girl in Gare Du Nord Paris in 2010. We became friends and she told me how she was brought to Napoli and then to Paris by one lady. She also narrated to me how she was told to pay back 45000 Euro before she will be released by some Juju that resides 6000 miles away in some Edo bush.
All effort i made to convince her to show me the lady was met with 'no no, i dont want to die'.
Naomi and her friend Lisa was just 18 then. They also told me that there were many of them traffikers living in Paris.
So one of them was just caught. Hundreds are still out there.

To the Benin girls who are victims of this devilish act, I blame you people partly because more than 95 percent of you knew what you were going to do in Europe. Infact some of you were Prostitutes all over West Africa before heading to Europe.

But still you can report your Masters to the Police and get free. Dont worry about Some Juju in Edo forest, it cant do you anything in Europe.
Oga, no try underestimate african juju oh, especially edo juju..... No try am..... Oyibo self no fit understand am dem dey wish say dem fit, na I'm you say e no fit do anything! Ma guy no go try am o........
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Naijapikin1: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2012
Hmmmmmmm. Is this guy from aluu?..
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by scopusng(m): 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Also an hiv positive.
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
Dis guy dick go big lyk im head sha! Real satan advocate
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Ezeufi: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
an Igbo bonobo again angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by dobberma27(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
Shaggyfreshfish: Dis guy dick go big lyk im head sha! Real satan advocate
haha his head looks like a freaking tadpole.
Re: Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years by Devonian(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
UNFORTUNATELY THIS GUY HAS 'SENTENCED' HIS RAPḘ VICTIM TO 'DEATH'. I KNOW THERE IS NO CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IN THE UK, BUT I THINK HE DESERVES, ON RETURN TO NIGERIA, TO BE FED TO HUNGRY LIONS IN THE UI ZOO AS A DETERRENT TO OTHERS STILL RUNNING THIS TRAFFICKING CARTEL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Ekweremadu’s Sick Daughter And The Alleged 15-year-old Donor Surfaces / Lautech Female Student Killed With Boobs, Eyes And Private Part Removed (GRAPHIC / Nigerian Military Furious Over Leaked Video Of Abubakar Shekau’s Execution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.