Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? (12901 Views)

How A Nairalander Landed In D Hospital Due To Mosquito Bite..photos / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Can Mosquito Bite Give You Hiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by mumumugu(m): 4:48am On Oct 30, 2012
Its like mosquito prefer one person to another

each time i sleep, they come out from WHEREVER and ravage my legs and hand and suck away

however,those i sleep under the same roof and in the same bed arent afected while my body is swolen.

Why do they prefer to suck my blood and leave others and how can i make them loose interest in me.?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by amosy007: 5:34am On Oct 30, 2012
Problem: Too much sugar in ur blood..

Solution: take 2 cups of alomo bitters every morning and evening .. If it doesnt kill, it will make improve mosquito resistance level
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 30, 2012
I read somewhere not quite long ago that mosquitoes are attracted to people with AA Genotype much more than other Genotypes.

You can find out more about that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by omiobo: 6:34am On Oct 30, 2012
gringrin. Mtschew! At this your age,u dey complain of mosquito,wey you suppose dey use to them. Mosquitos are my best friend,they keep my company every time, and I always join their company.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by MMM2(m): 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
Op

What is Mosquito
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by ignis: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
The truth is that mosquito bite some people and they don't realize it. On the other hand, mosquito bite on others is very obvious.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Bamsdayo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ask your seif
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by eledalo: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
First pray. Do you pay your tithes? If not you need to do so quickly. Then read 1 John 13. Only then will mosquitoes stop biting you.

You are welcome in advance!
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by sylve11: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mosquitoes belong to a group of insects that requires blood to develop fertile eggs. Males do not lay eggs, thus, male mosquitoes do not bite. The females are the egg producers and "host-seek" for a blood meal. Female mosquitoes lay multiple batches of eggs and require a blood meal for every batch they lay. Few people realize that mosquitoes rely on sugar as their main source of energy. Both male and female mosquitoes feed on plant nectar, fruit juices, and liquids that ooze from plants. The sugar is burned as fuel for flight and is replenished on a daily basis. Blood is reserved for egg production and is imbibed less frequently

Scientists are still investigating the complexities involved with mosquito host acceptance and rejection. Some people are highly attractive to mosquitoes and others are rarely bothered. Mosquitoes have specific requirements to satisfy, and process many different factors before they feed. Many of the mosquito?s physiological demands are poorly understood and many of the processes they use to evaluate potential blood meal hosts remain a mystery. Female mosquitoes use the CO2 we exhale as their primary cue to our location. A hostseeking mosquito is guided to our skin by following the slip stream of CO2 that exudes from our breath. Once they have landed, they rely on a number of short-range attractants to determine if we are an acceptable blood meal host. Folic acid is one chemical that appears to be particularly important. Fragrances from hair sprays, perfumes, deodorants, and soap can cover these chemical cues. They can also function to either enhance or repel the hostseeking drive. Dark colors capture heat and make most people more attractive to mosquitoes. Light colors refract heat and are generally less attractive. Detergents, fabric softeners, perfumes, and body odor can counteract the effects of color. In most cases, only the mosquito knows why one person is more attractive than another..... cool

source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080716222338AA6MKys

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by iyatrustee(f): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
do you eat bananas often? cos research has found out dat mosquitos are attracted to those who have eaten bananas recently
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by HayZee06(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
Just take it off ur mind wen u want 2 sleep and see wat happens...dey just come and go witout u noticing anytin.

Note: this works only wit Mortein grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by searay(m): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
It's because you always sleep in the MOSQUE- the home of MOSQUitos

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by blueheart(m): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Op, I noticed the same too bt d moment i took to herbs, as in ehn, chronic gbogbo ti gbogbo, i hear only d buzzing, no bites no more
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by free2ryhme: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
some has sweet blood while some has sour blood
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by fittty(m): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Whey r there so many dumb questions on nairaland undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by valdubem(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
mosquitoes are attracted to people that recently took (ate) bananas. it is scientifically proven

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
val_dubem: mosquitoes are attracted to people that recently took (ate) bananas. it is scientifically proven
MTCEEEEEEW
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
virtuoso01: I read somewhere not quite long ago that mosquitoes are attracted to people with AA Genotype much more than other Genotypes.

You can find out more about that.

You are right, I can confirm that, and that is why pple with AA genotype are mostly victims of malaria attack

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by yuzedo: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
Op: Sharrapppp!!! You dey mad! Moskinto no dey bight you but you dey clame. angry

Moskinto bight only us ajebo chidrens because we eat fanta, egg, eyescream, goody-goody, etc. So awa blood she is fresh and helty. And awa skin she is fine and smooth like fried rice and shampain.cool wink smiley

But u dis jungle boys and girls eat fufu, amala, cabin, bananan and granot so muskinto don't bighted una cos you razz like awilo! angry

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nurry: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
The answer is simple! Your blood is more delicious that others
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Iaz93: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
mosquitoes usually prefer dirty, smelly bodies to clean ones. So check yourself.
NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Hunkyimage(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
amosy007: Problem: Too much sugar in ur blood..

Solution: take 2 cups of alomo bitters every morning and evening .. If it doesnt kill, it will make improve mosquito resistance level
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,u b herbalist's son...?
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Basic(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mosquitoes aren't selective about who to bite. What happens is that our skins and systems detect and react differently to mosquito bites.
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
MOSQUITO KILL ; KILL MOSQUITOES . I HATE MOSQUITOES. Kpele
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Basic(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hayjaycity:

You are right, I can confirm that, and that is why pple with AA genotype are mostly victims of malaria attack
Stop talking trash. Mosquitoes don't discriminate, and they can bite anyone to stupor - AA, AS, or SS. But the fact is that, AS and SS bloods are resistant to the malaria parasite (plasmodium).
So, even if 100 mosquitoes bite an AS subject and only 20 bite an AA subject, the latter will manifest signs of malaria earlier than the former.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
what a question?? Can't you afford mosquito nets? Some public hospital give it out free of charge.I suggest you go get one
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by betran65: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
The solution is simple
Go to bed high like me and they would stay away except on their celebration nights when they want to get drunk that's when they suck me,but apart from dat am safe n free

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Basic(m): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
binger: what a question?? Can't you afford mosquito
Listen to yourself. You just wasted a slot that could have been occupied by a wiser comment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
Iaz93: mosquitoes usually prefer dirty, smelly bodies to clean ones. So check yourself.
NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seconded! even though it is not a scientific fact
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Etumgbe(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
It is because u don't take ur bath before going to bed so ur smelling odour dey attract them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Ibile To Daju / Ezcema Fungi Skin Infection. Pls Help / I Love This Guy But He Has Sickle Cell Anemia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.