Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan (5499 Views)

I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others / Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by HammedSodiqq: 5:57am On Oct 30, 2012
Abuja—President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to get to the root of those who have stolen from the petroleum industry, insisting that there would be no cover up in the implementation of the Mallam Nuhu Ribadu committee’s report when received on Friday.

A statement by Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant, Public Affairs, said the accusation by the Save Nigeria Group, SNG, and the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, that the Federal Government is trying to cover up the conclusion of the Ribadu report is baseless and unfounded.

He said: “President Goodluck Jonathan should be commended for his personal resolve to fight institutionalized corruption in Nigeria. President Jonathan ordered the probe of the Oil Industry for the period of ten years (2002 – 2011), which also covers the tenure of his administration. No president in our history has gone this far and this explains why the rots in our system have persisted for so long.”

Okupe stated that while it is unfair for the members of the SNG and the ANPP to have accused the Federal Government wrongly, “the president has neither seen nor received any copy of the Ribadu Committee Report.

“Essentially, what appears to have been irregularly released prematurely to the media is a draft copy, which still requires full accent of all members of the committee and clarifications and due process from the originating Ministry before the official handing over to the Presidency.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/ribadu-report-therell-be-no-cover-up-jonathan/

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by omiobo: 6:14am On Oct 30, 2012
A draft copy,hmmm...needs to be edited. This is just a step toward covering dirty a.s.s.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by killuminati(m): 6:24am On Oct 30, 2012
2nd to yarn cheesy ope Ooo grin

Mr president, the ball's in ur court. Do what you oughta do and what you feel is right.
Just remember, God is watching!

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by truth4meal(m): 6:41am On Oct 30, 2012
And who did the President ordain to tell us this o - Okupe of all thieves...you don't need to cover up, do d usual - get a PDP sidekick to head another "review" commttiee and unleash "the war against corruption" on a few scapegoat. Then release Benue Chief pillager, Okupe to sing the praise of a president so wanting of an international accolade in his "lost war against corruption" to the degree of resorting to an epic fabrication of rating...
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by k2039: 7:12am On Oct 30, 2012
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Teejayphillip(m): 7:17am On Oct 30, 2012
They want 2 gif or tell us anoda story again... Dis one nah anoda season movie wen no get series... We foldin our hands oo,n we ® awaitin Wat our presido will du..

I jus hope dis report won't b swept unda d carpet...
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by okosodo: 8:57am On Oct 30, 2012
Shut up: this is what you always say, you end up covering up every thing

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by HammedSodiqq: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2012
So far no indicted person has been protected by Gej. We are aware of the arraignment of top Govt and party officials by the Govt, so if this report idicts any body, I'm Sure Gej will allow the law to prrevail
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by mrjangola(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2012
none of the indicted oil subsidy thieves hav bin prosecuted. none of the bokoharam kingpins arrested has been prosecuted. farouk lawan is still alert. Even Mumu ebele jonathan is a cover up .

oloshi olori buruku

grin

none of the indicted oil subsidy thieves hav bin prosecuted. none of the bokoharam kingpins arrested has been prosecuted. farouk lawan is still alert. Even Mumu ebele jonathan is a cover up .

oloshi olori buruku
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2012
The Presidency is yet to receive a copy of the Report. It is expected to be received on Friday, but the opposition is already accusing the President of trying to cover-up a report he is yet to receive. Is this not stupid accusation ?
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by idlaw2k3(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2012
Otedola and Faruk are still out there and not yet prosecuted even with the evidence against them.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by mrjangola(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: The Presidency is yet to receive a copy of the Report. It is expected to be received on Friday, but the opposition is already accusing the President of trying to cover-up a report he is yet to receive. Is this not stupid accusation ?

do u work for d presidency?

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2012
mr jangola:
do u work for d presidency?
Yes, I work for the Presidency. I am in charge of calling a spade, 'a spade'!

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 30, 2012
idlaw2k3: Otedola and Faruk are still out there and not yet prosecuted even with the evidence against them.
That, my friend, is the job of the judiciary to prosecute. Its called Separation of Powers in Political Science 101.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by TRACK: 9:15am On Oct 30, 2012
Personally, i am tired of several committees and their unimplemented reports by all govts.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by idlaw2k3(m): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: That, my friend, is the job of the judiciary to prosecute. Its called Separation of Powers in Political Science 101.
Then the president shouldnt have come out to say no one indicted will be spared. He could have left that to the Judiciary. But i do know that the president can order the attorney general to prosecute anyone who is accused of sabotaging the country
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by mrjangola(m): 9:24am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, I work for the Presidency. I am in charge of calling a spade, 'a spade'!

so if u work for d presidency, den ask him to prosecute d oil folks indicted in d subsidy scam / bokoharam kingpins, den tell us where i kabiru sokoto and d minister who give bokoharsm money for rams(bombs). if u cant get gej to give d answers u hav no right defending him.

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by drnoel: 9:26am On Oct 30, 2012
I wonder why u guys are bordering urselves. Have we not seen the supposed draft copy that needs to be edited. Eh now, we have all seen it. We are eagerly waiting for the final original version. So when that comes out, we will compare it with the supposed draft copy and then find out who the fool is....
Then any cover-up, remove names and so on must be fully explained.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by dabrake(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: That, my friend, is the job of the judiciary to prosecute. Its called Separation of Powers in Political Science 101.
deputy reno omikri, shey SS3 boys nor get punishment for you today?
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2012
Its either GEJ becomes the life president of Nigeria or by 2019, Nigeria will break up! He has been the best president Nigeria has ever produced so far!

I pray God gives him more grace..
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2012
This coun3 needs the services of a skilled political mechanic like me.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Barywhyte(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2012
HammedSodiqq: Abuja—President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to get to the root of those who have stolen from the petroleum industry, insisting that there would be no cover up in the implementation of the Mallam Nuhu Ribadu committee’s report when received on Friday.

A statement by Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant, Public Affairs, said the accusation by the Save Nigeria Group, SNG, and the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, that the Federal Government is trying to cover up the conclusion of the Ribadu report is baseless and unfounded.

He said: “President Goodluck Jonathan should be commended for his personal resolve to fight institutionalized corruption in Nigeria. President Jonathan ordered the probe of the Oil Industry for the period of ten years (2002 – 2011), which also covers the tenure of his administration. No president in our history has gone this far and this explains why the rots in our system have persisted for so long.”

Okupe stated that while it is unfair for the members of the SNG and the ANPP to have accused the Federal Government wrongly, “the president has neither seen nor received any copy of the Ribadu Committee Report.

“Essentially, what appears to have been irregularly released prematurely to the media is a draft copy, which still requires full accent of all members of the committee and clarifications and due process from the originating Ministry before the official handing over to the Presidency.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/ribadu-report-therell-be-no-cover-up-jonathan/

This President is known worldwide for saying the right thing, especially about corruption, only to come back and do the wrong thing (cover-up). How can u fight corruption when you are a direct beneficiary of it? When you have got a lot of allegations of corruption hanging on your neck and you are not out of it huh?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, I work for the Presidency. I am in charge of calling a spade, 'a spade'!

What would you call Jonathans kid gloves war agaist corruption?
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Barywhyte(m): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2012
HammedSodiqq: Abuja—President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to get to the root of those who have stolen from the petroleum industry, insisting that there would be no cover up in the implementation of the Mallam Nuhu Ribadu committee’s report when received on Friday.

This President is known worldwide for saying the right thing, especially about corruption, only to come back and do the wrong thing (cover-up). How can u fight corruption when you are a direct beneficiary of it? When you have got a lot of allegations of corruption hanging on your neck and you are not out of it huh?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Joeadamu86: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2012
This is an indication that GEJ wants to sanitize the the petroleum sector which is alledgedly marred by corruption,i think GEJ should be commended for choosing someone from the oppositon to head the commmittee,and i know that heads will roll at the end of the day.Haba,is this not a step in the right direction
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Noraokon: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2012
if we must criticize, i think we must be logical. GEJ's administration remains the most transparent the nation has ever had.his commitment on anti-corruption is currently repositioning the oil sector.he also has not relented in his commitment to making the electoral body and the judiciary independent. we must shame those who have sworn to pull this administration and the country down. we must not make ourselves vulnerable to detractors.we must wait for the final report to be presented before we begin to make assessments.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by muktarmtt(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: The Presidency is yet to receive a copy of the Report. It is expected to be received on Friday, but the opposition is already accusing the President of trying to cover-up a report he is yet to receive. Is this not stupid accusation ?
shut labtop guy wat did he give u, nd wat. Take him so long 2 receive d copy
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Joeadamu86: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2012
Barywhyte:

Name the allegations hanging on GEJ's neck,i dont think he is involve in anyway...
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by AAAdam(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2012
Nigerians mek kuna no worry baba jonathan will luk into d report by 2014 and by 2015 after election he will take action. Sai kaye baba. Jonathan 2015.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Kx: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2012
As usual.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by LeStylo: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2012
I can bet my BALLS nothing's gonna happen! We heard same song about subsidy.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Barywhyte(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2012
Joeadamu86: Name the allegations hanging on GEJ's neck,i dont think he is involve in anyway...

1. SNG $50,000 bribery allegation shortly b4 2011 general elections first reported by saharareporters and later confirmed by Tunde Bakare and other SNG officials

2. Malabu oil scam whr Jonathan unilaterally transferred several billions of dollar to many fictitious oil companies without traceable addresses and no sign of registration with CAC, with active participation of Mohammed Adoke and Shell officials. First reported by premiumtimesng earlier this year.

3. What about $7,000 bribe given to participants in PDP primary conducted in December 2010 by Jonathan handlers? Atiku dolled out $5000 tho

4. What about money laundry levelled against Madam Jonathan, by EFFC, way back in 2006 when she was caught with raw cash being flown abroad? Is that not a serious blemish on da image of GEJ?

It is not enough to be pointing fingers but the truth is that this guy isn't in a position to fight against his own house. Why is this presidency not prosecuting subsidies thieves and pension scams beneficiaries? Why must we b paying huge amount of money 2get a litre of petrol in a country where crude oil flows effortlessly?

The same mentality that created a problem will never be instrumental in bringing solution to it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Vows To Recover Stolen Subsidy Funds / Photo - When Your President Is Confused / "Buhari Will Exceed His 2015 Vote Tally" - Buhari's Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.