Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,757 members, 7,798,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? (4089 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Samuel Eto Supports Nigeria Against Terrorism, See What He Did / Female Model Appointed To Coach A Men's Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Isokoman1(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2012
I am just wondering, how many people actually supports the likes of Enyimba, 3SC, Calabar Rovers, El-Kanemi Warriors etc.
All I see on here is people saying Blue, Red for life.

Is charity not supposed to begins at home?

For me o, I support Warri wolves and enyimba
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by ayee001: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
A million dollars question.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by bobolekepee(m): 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
Bros y warri wolves & enyimba Instead of 1 team... Well @ homeland i support 3sc... cool

1 Like

Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by honeric01(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Isoko man: I am just wondering, how many people actually supports the likes of Enyimba, 3SC, Calabar Rovers, El-Kanemi Warriors etc.
All I see on here is people saying Blue, Red for life.

Is charity not supposed to begins at home?

For me o, I support Warri wolves and enyimba

I rep Kano pillars die!

@OP, how many players you sabi for warri wolves and how many of their games did you see/match last season?
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by 234GT(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Very few nigerians support our local teams because the league is poorly organised. The league is also suffering from corruption.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by honeric01(m): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
234GT: Very few nigerians support our local teams because the league is poorly organised. The league is also suffering from corruption.

Can't see where the OP asked for "why".

1 Like

Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by 234GT(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
honeric01:

Can't see where the OP asked for "why".
Sure. I answered the question and I gave reasons why it is so. The poster did not restrict respondents from stating the causes of poor followership of the league and possible solutions.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by honeric01(m): 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
234GT: Sure. I answered the question and I gave reasons why it is so. The poster did not restrict respondents from stating the causes of poor followership of the league and possible solutions.

But he never asked for the reason na.. anyways which club do you support?
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by dazzy4real(m): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
All this guys that is supporting wen last did u watch any of the match Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o
τ̣̣̥​ to talk of mentioning d players or coaches name
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Odinaka00(m): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
I dey craze?
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by kokoye(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
How can I support a team when I cant even find a way watch the matches?
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by honeric01(m): 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
dazzy4real: All this guys that is supporting wen last did u watch any of the match Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o
τ̣̣̥​ to talk of mentioning d players or coaches name

I watched their last match against sunshine stars and i know their players and the coach.

I also watched the FA cup semi/final at TBS so say something else. tongue
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by eyenCalabar(m): 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
For me I don't really support any 9ja club but if Super Eagles play and I don't watch I'll feel like crying 'cos they are the only footbal team I support. Am not a fan to any of these clubsides.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by hammedkola(m): 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
@poster, rephrase the topic pls
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Enugu Rangers for life.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by blackwall(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
I rep Kano pillars die!. KANO PILLARS all d way
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by 234GT(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
honeric01:

But he never asked for the reason na.. anyways which club do you support?
I dont support any nigerian club side. I am a fan of jose mourinho.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
Nigeria Football is a sleeping pills for me,I watch when I wanna feel like sleeping.

Most Nigeria sport are wacks,imagine a wrestling being fought in a boxing ring.

Watching them is a waste of precious time.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Isokoman1(m): 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
I support Warri Wolves as that na my local team, this season we no do well compare to last season when we play for continental cup..
I know the players and coach, even when dey fired the Belgian Oyibo Maurice. As for Enyimba, na one of the only 3 Nigerian team to have a website (others- 3SC, Sharks of P/H). So I dey follow them from my base.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by honeric01(m): 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
234GT: I dont support any nigerian club side. I am a fan of jose mourinho.

embarassed lipsrsealed angry

1 Like

Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by vislabraye(m): 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
Our league is very poor. You might even come across a Nigerian homebase player and not even know.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by honeric01(m): 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
Isoko man: I support Warri Wolves as that na my local team, this season we no do well compare to last season when we play for continental cup..
I know the players and coach, even when dey fired the Belgian Oyibo Maurice. As for Enyimba, na one of the only 3 Nigerian team to have a website (others- 3SC, Sharks of P/H). So I dey follow them from my base.

Others have websites too, even the division sides have websites too.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by 2pence(m): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
The need to make our local league attractive is very imperative,The running of the game here has been hijacked by politician who barely don't know a thing about football,the marketing and packaging is poor;NFF,NPL and what have you fight from the onset of the league for ownership and endorsement deals,People who manage football in nigeria barely even love football and pratically have no business doing in football,You can predict a match even while at home in Nigeria because the home team must win matches at all cost;Recently I watched a game where the center referee was almost lynched cos the home team needed a win at all cost;Have you been following south african league ? Well packaged and well manage,The players welfare is ideal;I see Nigerian players on top of Okada all the time so you can imagine, chase these politicians out of the game and watch the game grow in Nigeria #Team Call a spade a spade#
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by safarigirl(f): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
I don't watch their matches, I just follow scores and watch the highlights after the game, same for the EPL and La Liga games. I support Heartland FC and Enyimba for home teams, sometimes Sunshine stars.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Isokoman1(m): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
honeric01:

Others have websites too, even the division sides have websites too.

Abeg tell me the others when get website as I go like to visit them.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Orikinla(m): 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
[size=48pt]How Many Nigerians Support A Nigerian Football Team?[/size]
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
[size=15pt]ENYIMBA FOR LIFE .

Most successful club in Nigeria and pride of the EAST.
[/size]

Nwaneri lifting the CAF chamionship trophy

Odita with the federation cup

Odita lifting more cups

Captain fantastic - Okey Odita
[img]http://4.bp..com/_JdHUICnz21U/TF_rwbFZp_I/AAAAAAAAAm4/5FfGLnOvcdQ/s1600/Odita.JPG[/img]

Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by 1313(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
I don't think the Nigerian premier league is as bad as people potray it. Its the packaging,management n lack of organisation that makes it that discouraging. Don't complain abt not watching these matches on TV cos there's no chanel that will broadcast what will not give them commercial value. Untill the NPL,NFF,NFC or whatsoever make the league what it suppose to be, we will remain were we are.
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
Nwaneri lifting a trophy back in 2004

Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by UNLEASHED(m): 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
With all loyalty, I support Eyimbra
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by SamMilla1(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Rangers Enugu. Meine verein lokal
Re: How Many Nigerians Supports A Nigerian Football Team? by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Fans

[img]http://www.mtnfootball.com/content/enyimba%20fans%203~2.jpg[/img]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria, Hope Of African Football / NPFL: Kano Pillars V Dolphins By 4pm / Victor Ikpeba Regrets Voting Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.