Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? (18647 Views)

Which Do You Prefer Between Chicken And Turkey? / Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by sauceEEP(m): 10:11am On Nov 08, 2012
just like we have different ways of preparing indomie noodle,i wonder if there are other ways man pikin fit soak garri wey go increase d taste *make i google am*
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by born2boink(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu garri till I die
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by lakefist(m): 10:15am On Nov 08, 2012
dridowu: Garri ijebu òkán, i love garri ijebu. Proud to be a Ijebu Man
an ijebu man
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Slapme(m): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2012
Una no go kill person for this thread cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu garri has always been a huge turn off for me,yellow garri work for anyday,anytime and anywhere.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by PriceOfGarri(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahaahah

i tot Seun and his dogs neva saw anytin good in mentioning garri. Well as a garri activist, i dont have favorite. Anytin called garri is ok by me.....even if it's produced by boko haram lol.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by emmabest2000(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2012
garri garri garri naawaa ooo
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by neversaynever(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2012
Wow! G4 thread. White or Yellow, all join, especially with water wey don sentence to 5days fridgenment...chai!!! Plus milk, chocolate & sugar...ahhhhh. Infact i'm going to drink now. #searching for cup and spoon#
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Rapmoney(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2012
@Poster
Omor...wetin dey happen? Na play dey bring dat one?
Why you go use Ijebu garri dey compare yellow garri?
Yellow garri na the main garri. The type you find in Delta State!
A huge plate of yellow garri and fresh fish banga soup will surely make my day grin grin
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Bamz(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2012
Such an outlandish display of joblessness by the OP. Talk about an inconsequential thread. How does this personally affect our lives? smiley
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by emmabest2000(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2012
too much garri belles in nairaland lol.....
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2012
i prefer bendel garri wink
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by mapet: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2012
1. With Milk
2. With Sugar.
3. With Cocoa Drink
4. With Kulikuli, Groundnut, Cashewnut, etc
5. With Eja Gbigbe, Fried meat, fried fish..
6. With Dried Pepper, Red Pepper, etc
7. Spray it on watery beans
....... anymore......

sauceEEP: just like we have different ways of preparing indomie noodle,i wonder if there are other ways man pikin fit soak garri wey go increase d taste *make i google am*
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Shalome(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2012
ijebu garri is good for soaking....u break the kwili kwili into smaller crumbs,it goes well with fish head too and it is best u use chilled water.....yellow garri is better for making eba,if u chop am with banga or ogbono soup u go enter heaven....
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by adetwin(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2012
Both na d best
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2012
You can't use Ijebu garri for Eba just as you can't drink yellow garri. So, they're not competing brands but have their different purpose..
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by dnawah(m): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2012
Have any one tested gari 4rm Togo b4?very fine, very dry and can last up to a year or more,chie!una dey miss o!well i lik yellow one,is wat am taking now,with milk,gnut and some ice block dancing on top.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by puffpuff: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2012
Gari ! Hmmm. I never knew how wonderful you are until you made nairaland frontpage and became the first topic devoid of insult,name-calling and tribal attack.
I support more of gari for the sanitation of NL.
@post,yellow gari all the way
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by PROSPERS1(m): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2012
I b confirm Delta nd i prefer Yellow Garri. wetin concern me with Ijebu Garri. God forbid
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Shaw007(m): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2012
I think the answer's splattered all over here already . . .One is best 4 the best use of garri(garri soaking) The other 4 eba(nt a big fan)

I Love Nigerians 4 One thing,Unlike white Ppl,WE fully Understand the concept of chOpping Life,hehehe. . .
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by sauceEEP(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2012
[quote author=mapet]1. With Milk
2. With Sugar.
3. With Cocoa Drink
4. With Kulikuli, Groundnut, Cashewnut, etc
5. With Eja Gbigbe, Fried meat, fried fish..
6. With Dried Pepper, Red Pepper, etc
7. Spray it on watery beans
....... anymore......

Mehnnnn! See recipe for soaking garri *make i jot am down* Hmmmmm dis no.6 na time bomb o. Soak garri wit dried pepper or red pepper?
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by bestower: 10:50am On Nov 08, 2012
May God continue to blesss garri producers either ijebu or igbo,i just wanna eat garri.period.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Bamz(m): 10:51am On Nov 08, 2012
afam4eva: You can't use Ijebu garri for Eba just as you can't drink yellow garri. So, they're not competing brands but have their different purpose..

LOL brands? Like seriously?
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by gandkiss: 10:52am On Nov 08, 2012
hw does dis GARRI thread affect d price of garri in d market.

will settle for yellow garri anyday in anyway.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by saymax(f): 10:53am On Nov 08, 2012
There's another better Garri. It is both yellow n sour, made by d pple of Akoko-Edo in Edo State. I prefer dat one. As for Ijebu Garri, its too sandy!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by 1ndidi2(f): 10:58am On Nov 08, 2012
Yellow garri(eba) for swallow

Ijebu+milk+suger+g.nut 4 drinking
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by justphillips(m): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2012
Horayce: i dey soak my ijebu garri with fried fish and gr

oundnut as i dey type so. ijebu garri wins!
lmao bros u no go kill me ooooooooooooo!!!!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Ninilowo(m): 11:05am On Nov 08, 2012
Persistence and resillience!!! I congratulate all GARRI group on this thread.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by 360command: 11:08am On Nov 08, 2012
ijebu garri dey get many fakes thereby loosing its value. if you go to the market wanting to buy ijebu garri, they will tell you its garri ijebu which is not. It is garri kogi at your dismay when you buy it and take it home. An original ijubu garri is good for soaking but never good for making eba. Yellow garri is the very best for eba making but worse when soaking garri even if you put groundnut,milk,kuli kuli, milo, its still very bad.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Naijapikin1: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin ;Din the past, the best garri was 'gary lineker' then 'garri payton' but me thinks the best now is 'garri cahill'.................btw, how is this supposed to change the price of 'the most popular white product' in za kwantry? ;Din the past, the best garri was 'gary lineker' then 'garri payton' but me thinks the best now is 'garri cahill'.................btw, how is this supposed to change the price of 'the most popular white product' in za kwantry?
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu Garrri is good for both making eba and drink, but my advice for those using ijebu garri for making eba is to always allow the boiled water to be a minutes cold before putting the garri so the garri can settle well under the water, if not the garri will start floating and that will not make the eba to be smooth it will have (koko) hope you understand what i mean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Make Ofada Sauce In 10 Minutes / How Do U Prepare Your Noodles / Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.