Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria (24310 Views)

New Form Of HIV Turns Into AIDS Before Victims Realise They Are Infected / Jonathan - No Nigerian To Die Of HIV Henceforth / Six Die After Being 'cured' Of Hiv By Tb Joshua's Church In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
Please help me with as much information as possible about the treatment of HIV/AID in Nigeria,

I am HIV positive and been living abroad for many years, this time i want to come and settle in Nigeria but I'm worried about our hospitals and their inefficiency

can somebody please help.

Please note: I do not seek any kind of sympathy here.

2 Likes

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by dominique(f): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
there are reliable treatment centers/clinics in Nigeria. they check your viral load and prescribe immune boosters/ ARV medications depending on your CD4 count. which city will you be residing?
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
dominique: there are reliable treatment centers/clinics in Nigeria. they check your viral load and prescribe immune boosters/ ARV medications depending on your CD4 count. which city will you be residing?

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'LL LIVE IN LAGOS.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by dominique(f): 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
You can check out NIMR in yaba. I believe there are other centres around. Govt hospitals should also be of help.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Forester45(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
Check out Winners Medical Diagnostic Research Institute. They have there branches around Nigeria. Or u can google it out. Think its abt Dr Jacob Abdullahi. But its herbal oriented (Winniecure suspension) and according to the information, it works. Check it out. Thanks
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
dominique: You can check out NIMR in yaba. I believe there are other centres around. Govt hospitals should also be of help.

NIMR is an acronym, please can you post the full name and possibly their web address.
thanks, i appreciate.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
Forester45: Check out Winners Medical Diagnostic Research Institute. They have there branches around Nigeria. Or u can google it out. Think its abt Dr Jacob Abdullahi. But its herbal oriented (Winniecure suspension) and according to the information, it works. Check it out. Thanks

thanks any way, i appreciate.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Forester45(m): 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Its like u are interested in western drugs. Its solely depends on you. But before u undertake any action, ask extensive questions apart from this Nairaland stuff. However, u may find this useful or visit this site winnerslabnigeria.com or www.winiecure.com
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by tishat(f): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
@ poster NIMR means Nigerian institute of Medical Research,its located off Herbert Maculay RD Yaba.Go there u ll get good treatment only problem is d crowd,just warm ur way into any nurse to reduce the time u spend @ d clinic.
Forget winiecure it only works for a
While and then the CD4 crashes.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by talktozingo(f): 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
@Tishat really, i remember you once stated using winniecure. Am suprised at ur testimony cos i know some people dat claim to have been cured with winniecure. Can i get to speak to you personally
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by tishat(f): 7:59am On Nov 02, 2012
@ talktozingo,yeah winniecure works initially but stopped after sometime.drop ur email nd I ll contact you.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Nasri100(m): 9:24am On Nov 02, 2012
chrisj2000: Please help me with information as much as possible about the treatment of HIV/AID in Nigeria,

I am HIV positive and been living abroad for many years, this time i want to come and settle in Nigeria but I'm worried about our hospitals and inefficiency

can somebody please help.

Please note: I do not seek any kind of sympathy here.

who was planning to give you sympathy again?
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Abujafood: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2012
Satisfactory is my own assessment with a select few hospitals! The General, Teaching and Federal Medical Centers are relatively Okay!
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by mrmiyagi2: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2012
what drug regimen are you currently on
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by agohavivi(f): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2012
You can try military hospital ikoyi. Tests and drugs for HIV+ patients are free.
People no longer view PLWHA like they used to in the past.

6 Likes

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by 5much(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2012
tishat: @ poster NIMR means Nigerian institute of Medical Research,its located off Herbert Maculay RD Yaba.Go there u ll get good treatment only problem is d crowd,just warm ur way into any nurse to reduce the time u spend @ d clinic.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by adefash(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2012
Forester45: Check out Winners Medical Diagnostic Research Institute. They have there branches around Nigeria. Or u can google it out. Think its abt Dr Jacob Abdullahi. But its herbal oriented (Winniecure suspension) and according to the information, it works. Check it out. Thanks
are u saying they cure HIV there or manage it?
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by ogb5(m): 10:38am On Nov 02, 2012
I dont know of lagos. But in port harcourt, the military hospital is very good. I have had 2 people treated in the past 1year. The drugs are freely supplied by the govt and they are effective.

The other option we looked at was ubth which we heard was also good.

What i can say is that hiv treatment has greatly improved in nigeria. Federal and state owned hospitals generally provide free hiv drugs but you will spend about 5 hours to attend the monthly clinic and collect the monthly drug regimen
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by omoerelu1: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2012
You can try Lagos state university teaching hospital (LASUTH), Oba Akinjobi Way, ikeja. The drugs are free and they attend to new patients only on wednesdays and fridays. But u have to go thru d whole councelling and CD4 count checking process. The medical personnel are quite nice.just make sure u get there early and u will be attended to.when u get to LASUTH,just go straight to haematology,see d nurses and you will be directed on what to do next.bt pls,get there early.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by nagoma(m): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2012

I will not recommend this if you are looking for orthdox proven methods of scientific diagnosis, care and treatment of HIv and related opportunistic infections.

I will however, strongly recommend NIMR as one reliable center and LUTH as another and also Mainland General Hospital in Yaba. Other reliable and efficient Ant-retroviral treatment centers in Ikeja include LAUTECH (Lagos State University Teaching Hospital), Isako-Ijaiye General Hospital and also Genral Hospital Badagry. All the places I mentioned are doing very well and have additional support from the American government with suprvision and training as well as drugs and laboratory services supply and logistics support.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by omoerelu1: 11:03am On Nov 02, 2012
And i forgot to add,u dont have to attend the clinic every month.if u r very compliant, u will be given drugs that will last you for 3 months.i.e,u only go to the clinic 4 times in a year.although,u might be given for only one month sometimes if the N.G.Os supplying the drugs have not yet supplied and the hospital does not want to go out of stock. You only have to come to the clinic when you have special complaints. But for the first time, you will be given drugs for 2 or 4 weeks.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Forester45(m): 11:11am On Nov 02, 2012
tishat: @ poster NIMR means Nigerian institute of Medical Research,its located off Herbert Maculay RD Yaba.Go there u ll get good treatment only problem is d crowd,just warm ur way into any nurse to reduce the time u spend @ d clinic.
. Please tishat, do send me ur contact thru this number so that we can communicate directly 07086317479 ; I will acess it.its very important to me please..
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by immortalvoices(m): 11:18am On Nov 02, 2012
@op i really do appreciate u trying 2 seek medical relief but i will suggest u try the synagogue church of all Nations at ikotun lagos state..he is prophet t.b joshua.

Haterz nd critics i'm waiting 4 ur venoms!!!

1 Like

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Clemzy16(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2012
@op Come back to Nigeria. Thank God You'll be residing in lagos. We have T.B joshua. He's more reliable than any hospital you can think of.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Pakavy(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2012
immortalvoices: @op i really do appreciate u trying 2 seek medical relief but i will suggest u try the synagogue church of all Nations at ikotun lagos state..he is prophet t.b joshua.

Haterz nd critics i'm waiting 4 ur venoms!!!
indeed u r full of venom.u want d dude 2 spend months waiting 2 c d man of God while his CD4 count drops and d viral load shots.my dear poster pls continue ur theraphy with d orthodox drugs u were on.National tuberculosis and leprosy teaching centre at zaria kaduna state is a gud choice esp if u want 2 hav d treatment while bin off d radar..am currently doing my housejob there and can assure u dat u can get d best mngt of ur case there
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Pakavy(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2012
Clemzy16: @op Come back to Nigeria. Thank God You'll be residing in lagos. We have T.B joshua. He's more reliable than any hospital you can think of.
'he is more reliable'.is he d God dat healeth?
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2012
I'M EXTREMELY GRATEFUL TO MY BELOVE COMPATRIOTS. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH.

3 Likes

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by ncpat(m): 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
New release Condom song

Listen HERE

Download HERE

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Forester45(m): 12:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
ogb5: I dont know of lagos. But in port harcourt, the military hospital is very good. I have had 2 people treated in the past 1year. The drugs are freely supplied by the govt and they are effective.

The other option we looked at was ubth which we heard was also good.

What i can say is that hiv treatment has greatly improved in nigeria. Federal and state owned hospitals generally provide free hiv drugs but you will spend about 5 hours to attend the monthly clinic and collect the monthly drug regimen
pls ogb5, i will like to speak with u directly. Do send me ur contacts to dis num 07086317479: i will acess it. very impt. I will be glad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Wonders Of Black Palm Kernel Oil / Bauchi: Illegal Abortions Responsible For Mysterious Deaths In Azare / How A Nairalander Saved My Pregnant And Dying Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.