Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. (5905 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
Sinistami:

Well whatever floats your tribalistic boats.
smiley Thank you.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Sinistami(m): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Eberejesus111:

smiley Thank you.

don't drag the rest of Igbo in with you. you're the only one I called tribalistic. Because your argument is Childish and Stupid basing influence through looks and all. My grandma is Igbo and my dad grew up with Igbos so don't drag Igbo to your nonsense.
OK to me the most influential ethnic group are
1 Yoruba in southern Nigeria
2 Hausa Northern Nigeria
3 Igbos
4 Urhobo and Isoko
5 Edo
6 Ijaw
7 Erik
That's my view am Ijaw by the way with Some Saro ancestry. and I won't lie Yorubas are by far the most influential any one who denies this is a liar or maybe dillusional or unexposed.

1 Like

Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2018
Sinistami:

don't drag the rest of Igbo in with you. you're the only one I called tribalistic. Because your argument is Childish and Stupid basing influence through looks and all. My grandma is Igbo and my dad grew up with Igbos so don't drag Igbo to your nonsense.
2 Hausa Northern Nigeria
3 Igbos
4 Urhobo and Isoko
5 Edo
6 Ijaw
7 Erik
That's my view am Ijaw by the way with Some Saro ancestry. and I won't lie Yorubas are by far the most influential any one who denies this is a liar or maybe dillusional or unexposed.
Abegi .. Hold... Yoruba for which country, Yoruba have nothing when it comes to the Igbos... They all claim education, education, but education without adding solutions to solve the Problems of the common man, but see the Igbos they go to school and practice with all efforts in what they do, even your Yoruba people has started copying them selling goods and wares in major markets in Nigeria that the Igbos dominate, Yorubas are the most influential for your tribe yes, but you don't need to folster it on the Igbos neck, Igbos aren't denying the fact that Yoruba are the chief origin of izons, Urhobo and the rest of mid west...(so please hold your view)... In Europe, the Americas and some parts of Africa we are setting things straight, and we like it that way(bringing inventions, solving humanities problem and the rest)
Let Yoruba people continue to collaborate with their Hausa counterparts in destroying your "so called " oil rich state... Yorubas are influential (to ijaws and the rest of South south) period. smiley grin
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 07, 2018
Sinistami:

2 Hausa Northern Nigeria
3 Igbos
4 Urhobo and Isoko
5 Edo
6 Ijaw
7 Erik
Your saro, sorry to say (no wonder) you accept your a lost slave brought from the Americas, through the Atlantic (that's shameful) ,most American blacks would never claim they are lost tribes of africa(brought as slaves), because they are bitter and knows how it hurts, but African mentality, especially Nigeria they are proud to call theirselves "I AM A SLAVE BROUGHT IN BADAGRY "...and I don't blame them , most of the lost slaves that came to the coast of Nigeria, Yorubas took them, seeing them as elites, and given them a "you must have Yoruba name". So girl, if that's what your saying, in making Yorubas your Chief owner and your influence of your tribe , an advice "Wake-up "...influential, Yoruba!!!, waiting I no go here for this country way I they. grin grin grin
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Sinistami(m): 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
Eberejesus111:

Your saro, sorry to say (no wonder) you accept your a lost slave brought from the Americas, through the Atlantic (that's shameful) ,most American blacks would never claim they are lost tribes of africa(brought as slaves), because they are bitter and knows how it hurts, but African mentality, especially Nigeria they are proud to call theirselves "I AM A SLAVE BROUGHT IN BADAGRY "...and I don't blame them , most of the lost slaves that came to the coast of Nigeria, Yorubas took them, seeing them as elites, and given them a "you must have Yoruba name". So girl, if that's what your saying, in making Yorubas your Chief owner and your influence of your tribe , an advice "Wake-up "...influential, Yoruba!!!, waiting I no go here for this country way I they. grin grin grin

First when talking think how many Yoruba words y ou use that's influence How many people do you see using the words Okwa instead of Abi which is used by most people. think of dressing and culture the yorubas are winning in dat aspect I won't lie the Nigerdeltans are most influence by this but that's the point isn't the entire nigerdelta more populous than the south east covering more geographical space. Since it is influenced by the Yorubas then the Yorubas are the most influential in Nigeria na. if Yoruba influences South-South and every other contemporary Nigerian city then Yoruba win na I think you need to check the meaning of Influence. how does people being more beautiful becomes influence if it is nollywood I agree that Igbo is very more influential there. and you're dissing for being Saro e no consign me why would I be ashamed of my inheritance Iam not hung up in the past I think progressive. which is why I haven't insulted you since. sometimes I feel Like people like u aren't even Igbo but just paid to come and disgrace Igbos with posts like yours imagine they are talking of influence and you're talking fairness and beauty. who beauty epp. if it's trade entrepreneurship and smarts then I can say Igbo I won't lie.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 08, 2018
Sinistami:

First when talking think how many Yoruba words y ou use that's influence How many people do you see using the words Okwa instead of Abi which is used by most people. think of dressing and culture the yorubas are winning in dat aspect I won't lie the Nigerdeltans are most influence by this but that's the point isn't the entire nigerdelta more populous than the south east covering more geographical space. Since it is influenced by the Yorubas then the Yorubas are the most influential in Nigeria na. if Yoruba influences South-South and every other contemporary Nigerian city then Yoruba win na I think you need to check the meaning of Influence. how does people being more beautiful becomes influence if it is nollywood I agree that Igbo is very more influential there. and you're dissing for being Saro e no consign me why would I be ashamed of my inheritance Iam not hung up in the past I think progressive. which is why I haven't insulted you since. sometimes I feel Like people like u aren't even Igbo but just paid to come and disgrace Igbos with posts like yours imagine they are talking of influence and you're talking fairness and beauty. who beauty epp. if it's trade entrepreneurship and smarts then I can say Igbo I won't lie.
Where do you get your facts from grin grin...you seem funny, what's your point, "how many people do you see them using Okwa, instead of Abi" ... meaning the Igbos are influential you just said Okwa!!... And another thing, it isn't all people from the south east that uses Abi as an end statement, this is only used by Igbos that live in Lagos, and as well Yorubas who live in South east use the term Okwa too,the same to if I do go to Hausa land I'll use Godiya as an end statement... Is all the same, or haven't you heard the statement "when your with the Roman's behave like the Roman's "(it's a fact). And another thing, if you do read your map so well, most of the Niger delta states although encompassed by water and sea, an excerpt cross River State with a large expanse of land, isn't more populous than the south east(so don't be delusional),there's a difference between landmass and population . If you want to get your facts straight read from the bureau of population statistics. And, miss I only used beauty as one of the factors, if you could read from our different discuss you would see the various points I made, perhaps maybe your conscience is judging you because you know it's the truth that the Igbos are indeed beautiful . And lastly, you said your proud to be Saro, check your history books and read the meaning of Saro, and what I do know is a slave brought from the Americas, why would anyone be proud to call himself a slave, you are not supposed to be bound by your ancestral commands/rules, especially if it's negative( names can affect your personality and also you life) so change your origin or whatever you deem to call it to something more better. Now for the Igbos being influential, we are industrious ( and it's a known adage, anywhere you don't see an igbo man isn't conducive to live), which makes them influential, Igbos brings class to fashion, in terms of the houses they build, you may have observed, when an igbo man is big he lives in royalty, even the Yoruba and your tribe do respect them for that , Igbos are resilient, no matter how the dubious Yoruba chieftains of the past has tried to pull them down, they rise up getting stronger(in essence they are unstoppable), beauty as I've told you, is also part of it. And oh!! You said all Niger deltans see Yoruba as their origin grin grin,can you tell a Niger Deltan ibibio man, or Efik man that, please don't,they'll see you as a weird person... You can say your izon group are their descendants, being that I've read a lot of your history,(your the first saying Izons are of Yoruba origin), what I did hear is that they where subjects to the Benin empire (the Oba) and he had released them in the 15th century, giving them the wastelands of the creeks and swamps as their home... So miss do read your history well it helps, than you being factless.. smiley,have a Blessed day.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 08, 2018
Sinistami:

Here is a little stuff I found to back my points written by a foreigner ,in how the Igbos are influential

Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Sinistami(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
Eberejesus111:

Where do you get your facts from grin grin...you seem funny, what's your point, "how many people do you see them using Okwa, instead of Abi" ... meaning the Igbos are influential you just said Okwa!!... And another thing, it isn't all people from the south east that uses Abi as an end statement, this is only used by Igbos that live in Lagos, and as well Yorubas who live in South east use the term Okwa too,the same to if I do go to Hausa land I'll use Godiya as an end statement... Is all the same, or haven't you heard the statement "when your with the Roman's behave like the Roman's "(it's a fact). And another thing, if you do read your map so well, most of the Niger delta states although encompassed by water and sea, an excerpt cross River State with a large expanse of land, isn't more populous than the south east(so don't be delusional),there's a difference between landmass and population . If you want to get your facts straight read from the bureau of population statistics. And, miss I only used beauty as one of the factors, if you could read from our different discuss you would see the various points I made, perhaps maybe your conscience is judging you because you know it's the truth that the Igbos are indeed beautiful . And lastly, you said your proud to be Saro, check your history books and read the meaning of Saro, and what I do know is a slave brought from the Americas, why would anyone be proud to call himself a slave, you are not supposed to be bound by your ancestral commands/rules, especially if it's negative( names can affect your personality and also you life) so change your origin or whatever you deem to call it to something more better. Now for the Igbos being influential, we are industrious ( and it's a known adage, anywhere you don't see an igbo man isn't conducive to live), which makes them influential, Igbos brings class to fashion, in terms of the houses they build, you may have observed, when an igbo man is big he lives in royalty, even the Yoruba and your tribe do respect them for that , Igbos are resilient, no matter how the dubious Yoruba chieftains of the past has tried to pull them down, they rise up getting stronger(in essence they are unstoppable), beauty as I've told you, is also part of it. And oh!! You said all Niger deltans see Yoruba as their origin grin grin,can you tell a Niger Deltan ibibio man, or Efik man that, please don't,they'll see you as a weird person... You can say your izon group are their descendants, being that I've read a lot of your history,(your the first saying Izons are of Yoruba origin), what I did hear is that they where subjects to the Benin empire (the Oba) and he had released them in the 15th century, giving them the wastelands of the creeks and swamps as their home... So miss do read your history well it helps, than you being factless.. smiley,have a Blessed day.

Iam beginning to think you're not reading carefully did I ever say all Nigerdeltans originated from Yoruba I don't remember saying anything of that matter. and did I say Igbos were ugly they are beautiful and ugly people in every tribe. I just used beauty because you seemed like being beautiful is being influential. And Igbos are influential but they not just as influential as the Yorubas maybe they maybe more influential than the Hausas . and I don't use Okwa in my speech nobody around me says that except my dad who is half Igbo but that is only when he's angry or speaking Igbo but not when he's talking normally he uses Abi Shey or Shebi. the Igbos in the south don't live in Lagos nany have never even been there and they say things like Gbeke Shey Abi Agbero and Omo . most of the Igbos born in the South speak pidgin as a first language they cant even speak Igbo only English or pidgin. while you'll see Yorubas most of them still speaking they language (I admire that a lot). In Culture Language and anything contemporary Nigerian the Yorubas are most influential but I agree the Igbos are greatly following them behind. just accept mere truth. And Saro is the way Yorubas call the creole people from Sierra Leone which is a corruption of the word Sierra Leone again which is now what Everybody in Nigeria calls them. even if my ancestors were slaves don't still why I'd deny them when the Jews your people love to claim were actually once Inslaved in Egypt and now many people follow they religion. with your people didn't say you claiming they are lost Jews.

1 Like

Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
No
Sinistami:

Iam beginning to think you're not reading carefully did I ever say all Nigerdeltans originated from Yoruba I don't remember saying anything of that matter. and did I say Igbos were ugly they are beautiful and ugly people in every tribe. I just used beauty because you seemed like being beautiful is being influential. And Igbos are influential but they not just as influential as the Yorubas maybe they maybe more influential than the Hausas . and I don't use Okwa in my speech nobody around me says that except my dad who is half Igbo but that is only when he's angry or speaking Igbo but not when he's talking normally he uses Abi Shey or Shebi. the Igbos in the south don't live in Lagos nany have never even been there and they say things like Gbeke Shey Abi Agbero and Omo . most of the Igbos born in the South speak pidgin as a first language they cant even speak Igbo only English or pidgin. while you'll see Yorubas most of them still speaking they language (I admire that a lot). In Culture Language and anything contemporary Nigerian the Yorubas are most influential but I agree the Igbos are greatly following them behind. just accept mere truth. And Saro is the way Yorubas call the creole people from Sierra Leone which is a corruption of the word Sierra Leone again which is now what Everybody in Nigeria calls them. even if my ancestors were slaves don't still why I'd deny them when the Jews your people love to claim were actually once Inslaved in Egypt and now many people follow they religion. with your people didn't say you claiming they are lost Jews.
Okay if you say most igbos in the south east speak words like gbeke or agbero (or is there any other word), what about Yorubas in Lagos and most West that say Nna, chineke, and okute... My dear, culture is relative, in your view you can say one or more culture influences other cultures, but in anthropology culture could be shared overtime in terms of language and other variable factors making both or more cultures whole. So are you going to tell me because some Hausa men wear Igbos attire they are being influenced by igbos ,as well as Yoruba wearing Hausa attire, and Igbos wearing Yoruba attires... Yes that's what we call relative coherence. When two or more languages are intertwined they tend to borrow languages from each other, that does not make that culture more influential than the other culture. Before we even go further, do you really know the meaning of influence? Let me tell you, influence can be explained as the power to affect,CONTROL,or MANIPULATE something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct ,thoughts or decisions. And all this words can't describe either the relationship between a Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, urhobo, izon,Ibibio,efik or any other tribe of Nigeria. And the main reason Igbos speak English, isn't because they don't like or love their heritage or language, but they tend to modernize, mix culture so as to be acceptable to the world(and is working). Is just like saying, making sacrifices to lesser gods should still be done, because is their culture... When a foreigner sees that, that sort of culture would be appalling and scary... They'll make hasty generalization of such acts, calling it primitive. Igbos makes culture and modernization to go hand in hand. And there's a big difference between being a Jew and a saro, jews as written in the Bible are the oracles of God, their God fought against the Pharaoh at the red sea, did any body or supernatural being fight for the saros(as you said they were named and tagged such by the foreigners or Yoruba people), and when God had touched the hearts of the slave owners they had released them.. .. So it would be wrong to compare them, although our God doesn't want such to worship him (the Jews) he had found a more better way by Christ Jesus, Christian believers are the real Jews and oracles of God.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Sinistami(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
Eberejesus111:
No
Okay if you say most igbos in the south east speak words like gbeke or agbero (or is there any other word), what about Yorubas in Lagos and most West that say Nna, chineke, and okute... My dear, culture is relative, in your view you can say one or more culture influences other cultures, but in anthropology culture could be shared overtime in terms of language and other variable factors making both or more cultures whole. So are you going to tell me because some Hausa men wear Igbos attire they are being influenced by igbos ,as well as Yoruba wearing Hausa attire, and Igbos wearing Yoruba attires... Yes that's what we call relative coherence. When two or more languages are intertwined they tend to borrow languages from each other, that does not make that culture more influential than the other culture. Before we even go further, do you really know the meaning of influence? Let me tell you, influence can be explained as the power to affect,CONTROL,or MANIPULATE something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct ,thoughts or decisions. And all this words can't describe either the relationship between a Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, urhobo, izon,Ibibio,efik or any other tribe of Nigeria. And the main reason Igbos speak English, isn't because they don't like or love their heritage or language, but they tend to modernize, mix culture so as to be acceptable to the world(and is working). Is just like saying, making sacrifices to lesser gods should still be done, because is their culture... When a foreigner sees that, that sort of culture would be appalling and scary... They'll make hasty generalization of such acts, calling it primitive. Igbos makes culture and modernization to go hand in hand. And there's a big difference between being a Jew and a saro, jews as written in the Bible are the oracles of God, their God fought against the Pharaoh at the red sea, did any body or supernatural being fight for the saros(as you said they were named and tagged such by the foreigners or Yoruba people), and when God had touched the hearts of the slave owners they had released them.. .. So it would be wrong to compare them, although our God doesn't want such to worship him (the Jews) he had found a more better way by Christ Jesus, Christian believers are the real Jews and oracles of God.

I agree but doesn't still change the fact that the Jews were slaves.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
no
Sinistami:

I agree but doesn't still change the fact that the Jews were slaves.
If you say so, that's your opinion thus, but the truth per say the jews were indeed slaves, but Igbos don't look at the terms of calling themselves Jews based on slavery(that had long been forgotten), but based on knowing that they were once the oracles of God, and God had showed wonders and signs when they were at the wilderness.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Sinistami(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
Eberejesus111:
no
If you say so, that's your opinion thus, but the truth per say the jews were indeed slaves, but Igbos don't look at the terms of calling themselves Jews based on slavery(that had long been forgotten), but based on knowing that they were once the oracles of God, and God had showed wonders and signs when they were at the wilderness.

And that's why I too don't look at it that the Saro were slaves. I just find it hard being bitter because someone calls me Saro I should be sad for what? Sounds strange to me because on a normal day I would just say am Ijaw even if Iam very much detribalized because my father chose to identify as Ijaw even if he can't speak the language.

1 Like

Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
Sinistami:

And that's why I too don't look at it that the Saro were slaves. I just find it hard being bitter because someone calls me Saro I should be sad for what? Sounds strange to me because on a normal day I would just say am Ijaw even if Iam very much detribalized because my father chose to identify as Ijaw even if he can't speak the language.
Well am sorry dear, if I had offended you in your identity... But that's Africa and Nigeria for you. A word was once said by Chimanmanda adichie (an igbo poet) "racism in my terms isn't by white to blacks or vice versa, but the worst racism is by blacks to blacks, and that's because whites to blacks only judge on colour, but blacks to blacks judge on who I really am as a person"...so am sorry, if your happy and comfortable of being a Saro lady, I appreciate you for that and we all in Nigeria do appreciate you for that.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Sinistami(m): 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
Eberejesus111:

Well am sorry dear, if I had offended you in your identity... But that's Africa and Nigeria for you. A word was once said by Chimanmanda adichie (an igbo poet) "racism in my terms isn't by white to blacks or vice versa, but the worst racism is by blacks to blacks, and that's because whites to blacks only judge on colour, but blacks to blacks judge on who I really am as a person"...so am sorry, if your happy and comfortable of being a Saro lady, I appreciate you for that and we all in Nigeria do appreciate you for that.

Another correction Iam not a girl I don't know where u get the impression from. Thanks sha.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
Sinistami:

Another correction Iam not a girl I don't know where u get the impression from. Thanks sha.
grin grin grin Abeg ooo, sorry ooo na your name I they look e be like simi, like all this Yoruba names... No vex bruh.
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Sinistami(m): 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
Eberejesus111:

grin grin grin Abeg ooo, sorry ooo na your name I they look e be like simi, like all this Yoruba names... No vex bruh.

The real name is Sinikien it's a native Yenagoa ijaw name Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
Sinistami:

The real name is Sinikien it's a native Yenagoa ijaw name Bayelsa.
Noted
Re: The Most Influential Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by 9jakool: 4:08am On Jul 09, 2018
People like to underestimate the Fulanis' political power, but the facts is they are the most politically dominant ethnic group in Nigeria being over represented despite only accounting for under 10% of the population.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Culture Is The Best / Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria / Bizarre! See The Namibian Tribe Where Sex Is Offered To Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.