Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body (9826 Views)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / Salvation (spirit, Soul, And Body) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
Femmymata2: But you'll agree that soul,spirit has something to do with afterlife. Guess u are familiar with the idea of a soul/spirit living the body after death.

leave him, he is lying to avoid the obvious being that there was no existence befor birth and there will be none after death.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by adegoke4sure: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
Unfortunately man now take much care of the body rather than the Spirit.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
Femmymata2: But you'll agree that soul,spirit has something to do with afterlife. Guess u are familiar with the idea of a soul/spirit living the body after death.
The soul does not leave the body after death. Is the soul and spirit one and the same?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
truthislight:

leave him, he is lying to avoid the obvious being that there was no existence befor birth and there will be none after death.
Where is the lie? You think he's with you?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2012
Reyginus: Where is the lie? You think he's with you?

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
@big nero
thanks for your input. i happen to agree with many things you have said, though i felt it needful to make some corrections. We are all learning though, and i'm trying tto make my inferences from the Bible's viewpoint.

the IMAGE and likeness ur made in the form of God is your (IMAGINATION) thinking and imaging are spiritual process.
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Man's thinking and imagination is naturally different from God's We are fleshly by default, God is spiritual.

the soul:its made up of the mind, will,emotions etc.it has no intellect or knows what is good or evil, but it is impressed with our constant thots,beliefs etc its also called the subconcious.its a power house, that is why you can get ur self to Believe something to the contrary and if u maintain ur faith ,u shall get results.
You are actually referring to the will here, not faith. Determination is of the will, and any man can have a strong will or determination to acheive something, e.g to be rich, to finish school, to excel, to get a girl, to buy a particular car, to travel abroad, to fulfil a goal. These can all be done with a strong will. Faith is of the heart or spirit. Man believes with the heart. That's why it is many times independent of reason or intellect. A man can believe his wife or his child or his colleague or his god, even against reason or intelligence.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

the spirit:is the spirit of God,it knows all things as its one and the same with God,
NO. Every human has his own individual spirit that is different from the Spirit of God.
Pro 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
2Co 2:13 I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

the diffrenece is in degress, God is the all in all ur spirit is part of this all in all(we are all from one source, yes everything u see was created from that which we see not(GOD). The spirit wars with the flesh constantly, and their fight is for the soul.(thats why a criminal can suddenly have a change of heart from nowhere even when he thot his former deeds wer justified,he may later say he eyes were opened etc, its his spirit that opened his eyes to the spirit)
This delves into NewAge teachings oh. They believe that man's spirit is some degree of God and that every living thing is some degree of God. Then they encourage searching into your self for God by meditation, yoga, spirit travel etc. All these is not of the true God. God is in Heaven. He remains Our Father, which art in Heaven. i hope you'll see these things and make the necessary adjustments, renewings and corrections.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by bignero: 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2012
@ IMAGE 123
thanks oo we are all indeed learning, all points i made have their origin in the bible, ive read the bible constantly but i dont know how to cram and quote the specific,book,chapter verse etc.
i have a personal conviction not from man tho(as all whom receive, insights, wisdom etc know its not by church etc, but in ones private time with Godly thots and bible study)but FROM the SPIRIT of God within me that Gods spirit does indeed dwell in man.i dont know about soul travel, yoga etc ooo( paul: dont u know ye are the temple of the living God?)( i will dwell amongst them and they shall be my people ... moses)paul:God was in Jesus christ reconciling the world to himself)

2)why are these people called new thought? and not regarded as real christians? am only asking oo please en devour to enlighten me : let us not fall into the temptation of judging others, all judgement belongs to God,. as far as God and this world is concerned there are only 2 laws required THE LAW OF LOVE, THE LAW OF FAITH. (upon love hang all the laws and prophets(10 comandments):Jesus)love is the fulfiling of the law:paul), now i know that new thought people belive in this law and practice it.belive u me the whole bible can be sumed up in ONE WORD, LOVE. i wonder why the new thot, people are as regarded evil.am asking o remember Jesus was regarded as evil, by people too.lets endeavour to all seek the truth, regradless of what ever sect, WE humans have classed ourselves.

3)i believe God dwells in us all, yes the good and evil of us:God is life, God is love,( i will rite my laws on their hearts and mind,: moses)love can only be written in the heart and mind.yes God is in heaven, but his spirit still dwells on earth , but in man. meaning all power is from within. thats whay when the isrealites got to the red sea and moses didnt know what to do, God told him to speak,beacuse his power resides in us all( life and death is in the power of the tongue, not heaven) u get the point? if u make positive statement and believe u shall receive.
what so ever ye desire when ye praye belive ye receive:a mis understanding of sciptures is the curse of man and the world as whole,man can never receive anything, he has not formulated or desired and formed and belived he has received from within.my point? many of us belive God will open heaven and bring our prayer requests, no He answers by moving circumstances, events and people to bring your prayer request,that is why Jesus asked the blind barthimus, what can i do for u?man needs to be specific in prayer,and he should belive , he HAS RECEIEVED,God can not and NEVER give u what u dont belive u have received on the inside.(he wrought not many miracles in his village, because the people DIDNT BELIVE,)(Jesus. what am i saying God/Gods power dwells in u( and the just shall live by his faith)meaning the just shall survive,feed, triumph over the devil,master his destiny etc, by faith)(the kingdom of God is within u: Jesus). as man thinketh so he is:solomon)this statement is talking about faith: if u think ur saved by His blood, u are, if u think not beacouse u do not believe, ur not.my brother thinking is a spiritual process so what ever u think, concerning u , life environment, it shall be unto u.( the problem here is that many peeople are thinking, imaging and having fearful thots, so ur all ur thots must come forth, hence as a man thinketh so he is) thats why very spiritual and Godly peoiple lack,beacuse they have an erroneous belief that God will open the heaven and drop the supplies, noooo, Gods sprit is on earth and provides for as u Blieve,simple.(remeber the blind man at the pool? Jesus asked will u be made whole? he started atlking long story< the question God is asking all man everyday will ye be made whole, and we all keep on talking story< what he wants or the meaning of that statement is are u ready or do u belive)due to the fcat that this believing is a spiritual or universal law, many ungodly people proper because they align with the law and prosper(my people, die , lack are sick etc for lack of knowledge)then the Godly people, starts blaming God etc and say life is not fair and remember real faith is active( meaning if u really belive u have received that which u have prayed for, ur faith will inspire u to take actions towards ur goal)Jesus could have miles away shouted at lazarus to awake and of courese he will awake,but Jesus wentr to the tomb.AND TOLD PEOPLE TOP REMOVE THE TOMB STONE,and Belived lazarus has risen already thats why he said , Father i thank thee.
brother i dont belong to new thought, but God, but seek the truth,if i may ask,how do we know the new thought are not the ones practicing the real requirements of the law or Christianity?( yes ive read many of their books etc,and they belive Gods power is from within not without and i strongly agree, also they advocate both faith and love principles.but i dont know about soul travel, yoga etc oo)remember the jews of those days thot they knew it all and were in error
by GODS REVELATION TO ME THERE ARE ONLY TWO L;AWS
1)THE LAW OF LOVE.
2)THE LAW OF FAITH.
3) BUT AND BUT, U NEED FAITH IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN TO MAKE HEAVEN.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 1:07am On Dec 01, 2012
@big nero

@ IMAGE 123
thanks oo we are all indeed learning, all points i made have their origin in the bible, ive read the bible constantly but i dont know how to cram and quote the specific,book,chapter verse etc.
i have a personal conviction not from man tho(as all whom receive, insights, wisdom etc know its not by church etc, but in ones private time with Godly thots and bible study)but FROM the SPIRIT of God within me that Gods spirit does indeed dwell in man.
Nero, from the Bible's viewpoint, not everybody has God's Spirit.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
The scripture has numerous passages talking about God promising to put His Spirit on people. this of course infers that not everybody has God's Spirit.

i dont know about soul travel, yoga etc ooo( paul: dont u know ye are the temple of the living God?)( i will dwell amongst them and they shall be my people ... moses)paul:God was in Jesus christ reconciling the world to himself)
These scriptures are referring to believers, not to man/mankind in general.
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2)why are these people called new thought? and not regarded as real christians? am only asking oo please en devour to enlighten me :
They are not christians because they are not followers of Christ. A christian is a follower of Christ. A christian has repented of his sins and believes in Jesus and only Jesus as the way to God, newAgers don't do this.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at naught of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

let us not fall into the temptation of judging others, all judgement belongs to God,. as far as God and this world is concerned there are only 2 laws required THE LAW OF LOVE, THE LAW OF FAITH. (upon love hang all the laws and prophets(10 comandments):Jesus)love is the fulfiling of the law:paul), now i know that new thought people belive in this law and practice it.belive u me the whole bible can be sumed up in ONE WORD, LOVE. i wonder why the new thot, people are as regarded evil.am asking o remember Jesus was regarded as evil, by people too.lets endeavour to all seek the truth, regradless of what ever sect, WE humans have classed ourselves.
Jesus christ said that by their fruits, you will know them. Love and faith have to be in God. the highest love and the highest faith is in God. it is not enough to love nature or love people or love animals, you must love God. It is not enough to have faith in your country or in yourself, you must have faith in God. i dunno about being regarded as evil or no, but the truth is in Jesus. Any spiritual truth not anchored in, rooted in Jesus is a shaky one, and is not advisable to follow. remember that i'm been biblical, not sentimental or political or philosophical. If one doesn't want to hear biblical, this is not the thread to be.

3)i believe God dwells in us all, yes the good and evil of us:God is life, God is love,( i will rite my laws on their hearts and mind,: moses)love can only be written in the heart and mind.yes God is in heaven, but his spirit still dwells on earth , but in man. meaning all power is from within. thats whay when the isrealites got to the red sea and moses didnt know what to do, God told him to speak,beacuse his power resides in us all( life and death is in the power of the tongue, not heaven) u get the point? if u make positive statement and believe u shall receive.
the Spirit of God is DIFFERENT from each man's spirit.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
god has given man a powerful, wonderful, and fearfully made body, soul and spirit. We have complex and beautiful bodies that can do amazin feats, souls that can think extraordinary ideas, and great spirits. These all are not comparable to God's or even to angels.
2Pe 2:11a Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might,

God made man for FELLOWSHIP, not for INDEPENDENCE. In fellowship, God plays a part, and man plays a part. It's teamwork. God gives grace, man gives faith. Man has unfortunately usually sought for independence right from the time of Adam. God wants us to trust in Him. he built us to trust in Him, have faith in Him. We function best that way. It's like a manufacturer makes a freezer, but a user wants to use the freezer as an airconditioner. The freezer can not function best as an air conditioner. it may try, it may eve seem to be achieving that purpose, depending on the space given, but it won't last or fulfil its ultimate destiny. Our ultimate fulfilment comes in trusting in God, fellowship with God, and faith in God. There is no hope in trusting self as God, or doing good without God.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2016
well explained
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by KingEbukaNaija: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks 4evagod

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imagine If God Talks To People As Claimed. Challenge To Christians / How Jesus Has Deceived The Christians / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Prays For Buhari's Recovery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.