Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi (6774 Views)

Oyo Gov Election result collation(Live update from inec office AGodi Via B.C.O.S / Buhari And Atiku Pictured Together Amidst Rumour Of Jonathan’s Visit To Atiku / Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Horus(m): 1:41am On Oct 31, 2012
[size=17pt]Rumour Of My Arrest By Met Police In London Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi[/size]

Rumour of her arrest by the London Metropolitan police spread like wild fire earlier today. But Mrs Florence Ajimobi, wife of the Oyo State governor on Senator Abiola Ajimobi has denied report, blaming the dirty politics of Oyo state as the source of the evil wish for her.

The Oyo state firstly lady who spoke with journalists in Ibadan on the telephone said though she travelled to London with her daughter on Sunday, she never had any encounter with the police in London while stressing that she is due to return to Nigeria tomorrow, Wednesday.

The following telephone conversation ensued between her and some reporters this evening:

Journalists: Good evening, Ma

Mrs Ajimobi: Good evening. How are you?

Journalists: We are fine.

Journalist: Is it true that you have been arrested in London?

Mrs Ajimobi: It is a lie. I don’t know what they are talking about and where they got the information from. I left Nigeria on Sunday, to take my daughter back to school and hopefully I should be in Nigeria tomorrow(today). I don’t know where they got that rumour from.

Journalists: Were you at any time invited by the police?

Mrs Ajimobi: No. I came…I have never been invited by the police and I don’t know what they are talking about. And I don’t know where the rumour is coming from.

Journalists: What is your mission at this time in England?

Mrs Ajimobi: What is my mission?Like I said, I took my daughter here. I have a 14-year-old daughter. She is schooling here and she has been schooling here over the past five years. She came in 2007. She should have returned to school on Sunday but because of Sallah I could not bring her. We left Nigeria Sunday morning and she returned to school yesterday (Monday) morning. That is my mission here.

Journalists: Did you read the report of your arrest in the online media and newspapers?

Mrs Ajimobi: Yes I did. I was shocked and surprised when I read the report. There is no iota of truth in everything they said in the report. It is blatant lie and as far as I am concerned….journalists that allow themselves to be used…even if they are going to write anything, they should try and find out, get information and be sure of what they are writing.

Journalists: When are you expected back in the country?

Mrs Ajimobi: Tomorrow morning (today).

Journalists: It was alleged that you have travelled out of the country 52 times since the inauguration of this administration.

Mrs Ajimobi: (bursts into laughter) That is ridiculous. If I travelled 57 times, that means I don’t live in Nigeria at all…(bursts into laughter again).

Journalists: Ok. How many times have you travelled?

Mrs Ajimobi: Maybe when I come back I will give you my passport…(laughs again). I want us to deal with facts. When I come back, you can take a look at my passport and see. I have a daughter that has been schooling in England since 2007 and if you look at my passport, you will see I have travelled less (than the number quoted). My daughter is complaining as people are complaining that I travel too much….she is just going to be 15 in…..She comes to Nigeria…

Source: http://ireports-ng.com/2012/10/30/rumour-of-my-arrest-by-met-police-in-london-spread-by-dirty-politicians-wife-of-oyo-gov-ajimobi/

2 Likes

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by amosy007: 1:53am On Oct 31, 2012
Choi fee dee fee people.. They are not gud at propaganda at all.. This is d most ridiculous propaganda have read so far this year ok lets say after aregbesola plan of secession.. The pdp party is just ridiculous..
They should go and learn to create real propaganda from ACN (the master of all propagandist grin ).. All dis ridiculous propaganda will only make people like ACN more
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by PaulJohn1: 5:05am On Oct 31, 2012
amosy007: ...This is d most ridiculous propaganda have read so far this year ok lets say after aregbesola plan of secession.. The pdp party is...
grin
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by dayokanu(m): 5:25am On Oct 31, 2012
Its shameful how low people can go
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by MrGlobe(m): 5:53am On Oct 31, 2012
Absolute rubbish, so she was in London. ok. No matter what you pathetic ACN thugs spew here, I stand by the story of her arrest. No smoke without fire. The truth will eventually come out

1 Like

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by valdubem(m): 6:07am On Oct 31, 2012
NLanders, Una no dey sleep? I always wanted to be the first to comment.

<<<Sobbing>>> guess I'll have wait for anoda time
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by truth4meal(m): 6:12am On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Absolute rubbish, so she was in London. ok. No matter what you pathetic ACN thugs spew here, I stand by the story of her arrest. No smoke without fire. The truth will eventually come out
keep on with the truth vigil
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by sammy329(m): 6:18am On Oct 31, 2012
Rumours are spread by Haterz, Spread by fools and accepted by Idi0ts

7 Likes

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Elueme: 6:25am On Oct 31, 2012
Hold it there! That woman has got something in the kitty, she should just confess and save us of too much talk!,
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by seedord247(m): 6:25am On Oct 31, 2012
Your daughter is schooling in london while millions of innocent kids are trecking to pako school everyday in oyo state....

God is watching us.

4 Likes

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by 234GT(m): 6:30am On Oct 31, 2012
So she is a clean and honest politician?
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by MrGlobe(m): 6:31am On Oct 31, 2012
truth4meal: keep on with the truth vigil
Am not keeping up with any trutg vigil. She was arrested with 500 milli, thats what I know and believe, the truth vigil is for those that are slow to understand. Their deniala have been weak. After some people told us she was in Ibadan with her husband during the NURTW amala fracas in ibadan during sallah, she has now admitted she is in london. ACN is more corrupt than PDP. believe what you want let me believe mine. on truth I stand cool

1 Like

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by takedat(m): 6:32am On Oct 31, 2012
What has Nigeria turned into? Nigerian politicians are corrupt irrespective of the political party they represent. This woman's case looks more like a smear campaign, so many details do not tally up with reports from NEWSLEAK and . One claimed she was arrested two weeks ago but the said woman left Nigeria on Sunday. NEWSLEAK reported that she had 500million on her, wrote £400000. NEWSLEAK said Gov Fayemi was held for 26 days in UK which is absolute falsehood.
Is it that its only that has the clout to confirm the veracity of this news from Met Police and other mainstream media in Nigeria could not do so? Daily Mail UK which has a penchant of circulating misdemeanours Of Nigerian did not do so? Did London Met Police receive bribe for her name not to be on their data and no formal statement made regarding her arrest? Has the EFCC confirmed this story to be true? Would the PDP led Government not have raised alarm knowing that this alleged arrest happened two weeks ago and considering the fact that she is the wife of an opposition governor? Would she have the gut to deny her arrest if truly she was arrested knowing that the Met Police is not like Nigerian Police that will cover up for her?

4 Likes

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by honeric01(m): 6:37am On Oct 31, 2012
seedord247: Your daughter is schooling in london while millions of innocent kids are trecking to pako school everyday in oyo state....

God is watching us.

The daughter has been schooling in the UK even before they became Governor, so what do you want him to do now?

2 Likes

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Decapo: 6:38am On Oct 31, 2012
She was arrested SIMPLE!!! There ¶§ no smoke without a fire
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by honeric01(m): 6:38am On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Am not keeping up with any trutg vigil. She was arrested with 500 milli, thats what I know and believe, the truth vigil is for those that are slow to understand. Their deniala have been weak. After some people told us she was in Ibadan with her husband during the NURTW amala fracas in ibadan during sallah, she has now admitted she is in london. ACN is more corrupt than PDP. believe what you want let me believe mine. on truth I stand cool

Since you're so sure of this, can you show us any pictures of her arrest by the police in UK? if possible, the pictures of the money recovered from her? not too hard to provide since you have been the one telling us how SURE you are that she was arrested.

We're waiting, shame ACN, same haters and prove this.

Thank you mr globe
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by honeric01(m): 6:39am On Oct 31, 2012
Decapo: She was arrested SIMPLE!!! There ¶§ no smoke without a fire

Intelligent people do more than this to prove a point, what if i say you're an Indian hemp smoker without proving it with fact and evidence, would that be nice?

4 Likes

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by obicentlis: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2012
See as rumors fly!!! Bad news sell newspaper,always expect them to sell but always crosscheck bf you believe and spread.

1 Like

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Maxymilliano(m): 6:41am On Oct 31, 2012
Would have gave her some benefit of doubt if she's in Nigeria to tell her story but debunking the rumour in far away UK not only confirm that she's indeed in the UK and therein lies some element of truth in the rumour.

If i may ask, what school in the UK will be on holiday in late October?

Anyway, she should enjoy her administrative bail while it last, the truth will soon be unfolded.
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by gbadexy(m): 6:42am On Oct 31, 2012
I thought the story was ridiculous when I first read it and noticed the source.
I was suspicious when ekiti state governor too was implicated in the same article of being detained for 26 days.
I am not a member of any party but I find that story as an insult to the intelligence of intelligent nigerians.
Even if you hate CAN or have personal dislike for the governor, don't let sentiments get the better of your common sense.
I can only imagine the I.Q of those still believing the wack story from an unknown source.

1 Like

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by SOHKAHTOA: 6:44am On Oct 31, 2012
Ok, gradually she will confess, before now her apologists said she was and still in Ibadan, now she admits to traveling to London with her daughter and still hasn't come back. Ok o, we are getting there. Madam Ajimobi tell us what transpired btw you and met police nao since your definition of arrest is to be beaten blue black and thrown into the cell as it is done in NAIJa.. Am waiting
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by honeric01(m): 6:49am On Oct 31, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Ok, gradually she will confess, before now her apologists said she was and still in Ibadan, now she admits to traveling to London with her daughter and still hasn't come back. Ok o, we are getting there. Madam Ajimobi tell us what transpired btw you and met police nao since your definition of arrest is to be beaten blue black and thrown into the cell as it is done in NAIJa.. Am waiting

Read right, they said she was still in Ibadan the afternoon the papers claimed she was arrested, you can't be in 2 places at once na.
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by ITbomb(m): 7:05am On Oct 31, 2012
I don't know what to believe again
Yes,We Arrested Mrs Ajimobi-London Police
**“I am sorry, we are unable to disclose any
information
**“I cannot talk about that. London Metropolitan Police has confirmed the arrest
of Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, wife of Oyo state Governor,
over money laundering. The Met confirmation came yesterday´s afternoon
following an enquiry by P.M.NEWS on the story
making the rounds that Mrs. Ajimobi was arrested in
London, with the sum of 400,000 pounds and
thousands of US dollars, valued at N500 Million. The Met simply said ‘Yes’ to our question, according
to P.M.NEWS seeking confirmation about the arrest. However, the organization declined to give further information about the matter, citing a UK law. “I am sorry, we are unable to disclose any information to you under the Data Protection Act,” an officer in the MET Lambeth Office responded. There was anxiety in the government circles of
Nigeria’s Oyo State yesterday morning over the arrest of Mrs. Ajimobi. Reports on the web and some blogs claimed that the woman was arrested two weeks ago by the London Metropolitan Police on her 52nd trip to the UK since her husband became governor 17 months ago. London Met Police has not issued any statement about her alleged arrest. And her name drew blank in a search of the Met Police website by P.M.NEWS. The unconfirmed reports claimed that Governor Abiola Ajimobi has had to fly to the UK to get her bailed. Mrs. Ajimobi has a North London address in Golders Green and ordinarily visits the UK. So far, the Oyo state government has kept mute over this story. And the disappearance of Governor Ajimobi from Ibadan, the capital for some two days has further given some ammunition to the purveyors of the news about his wife, styled The First Lady of Oyo state. Governor Ajimobi was in office today, but bearers of the tale about the wife, have been unrelenting. Mrs. Ajimobi’s personal staff at Agodi have also not issued denials of any sort. Miss Yemisi Dada, Special Assistant on Media to Chief Mrs. Ajimobi on a phone interaction at exactly 8:11am claimed that she was not in Ibadan at the time of the telephone conversation adding that she was not aware of such development. “I cannot talk about that. I am not aware of what you are talking about and besides, I am not in Ibadan right now. Meanwhile, I will find out the correct situation and get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks”.
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Sirniyeh(m): 7:19am On Oct 31, 2012
I have said it from onset that it was propaganda. God go punish them. They wrote jagons about Ayuba, these online reporters are nutmegs. May be they just saw the Ajimobi madam at a gathering where london police also present. Does that mean they should blackmail her? You slanderer, your days are numbered. Meshionu
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by remzytimer: 7:22am On Oct 31, 2012
If u think all nigerians are gullible, "Am not" not even when it's obvious that u're trying to cover up ur dirty ass....But when God exposes u, u got no hidding place' not even in hell.
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 31, 2012
True or false, I can't help but wonder why London continues to be an attractive location for politically exposed Nigerians to stash their loot - in spite of the relatively high risks of arrest and/or prosecution (ala Joshua Dariye and James Ibori).

Whatever happened to safe havens like Cayman Islands, the Middle East, Cyprus, Switzerland, etc?
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Jungleprince1(m): 7:29am On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:

and dat 400000 pounds equals to 500million? Please try again
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by kola85(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2012
For ur excelent project topics and latest materials..log on to http://ask4project..com or send ur topic and ur email addy to 08137948291
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by free2ryhme: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2012
it is not far away anymore the truth will soon be let out of the bag... we are waiting
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by MrGlobe(m): 8:00am On Oct 31, 2012
pro01: True or false, I can't help but wonder why London continues to be an attractive location for politically exposed Nigerians to stash their loot - in spite of the relatively high risks of arrest and/or prosecution (ala Joshua Dariye and James Ibori).

Whatever happened to safe havens like Cayman Islands, the Middle East, Cyprus, Switzerland, etc?
grin grin grin
bros switzerland is not safe again oh. Cayman Islands is the new stash house, ala safe bank grin
Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by FrankC3: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2012
honeric01:

Since you're so sure of this, can you show us any pictures of her arrest by the police in UK? if possible, the pictures of the money recovered from her? not too hard to provide since you have been the one telling us how SURE you are that she was arrested.

We're waiting, shame ACN, same haters and prove this.

Thank you mr globe
And while he is at it, you, honeric01, should show us the pictures of the arrest and loot of Segun Oni, Alao Akala, Fayose, IBB, Uduagha, etc. Picture is all that matters now...
@Madam Ajimobi, what school is your 15 year old daughter attending? What school resumes from long vac on October 28th? Since your husband took over from former Gov Daniel to fix Ogun, including the education sector, why not bring your daughter home to show confidence in your husband's education reform? Or even to Aregbe's state 'adjudged' the 'best' by some guy like that. Just forget about your mission to UK, tell us how many foreign trips you have undergone since your daughter took office?
For ACN folks, it is not enough to accuse Madam Jonathan for foreign medical trip or President Jonathan for many State Visits, it cuts both ways. You can't badmouth the PDP for doing something while you are doing exactly thesame thing. Hypocrites are worse than thieves.
I await Alhaji 'Lie' Mohammed to issue a press release condemning this, after all, 'Ceaser's wife should be beyond reproach'

2 Likes

Re: Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi by Aphrygian(m): 8:15am On Oct 31, 2012
Still watching in 3D

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Presidential Campain At Calaba: Buhari Fell Down While Climbing The Stage! / South West Pdp Zonal Congress – Matters Arising / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.