Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason (1807 Views)

General Muhamadu Buhari's Interview With Pini Jason - Achebe Foundation Dec 2005 / Pini Jason, A Nigerian Pundit, Is Dead / Attention Please: Where Is Pini Jason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Chyz2: 5:24am On Oct 31, 2012
[size=18pt]There was a country, there was starvation (1)
[/size]

On October 30, 2012 · In Pini Jason

8:35 am

By Pini Jason

THIS is not a defence of Chinua Achebe. He does not need one. No amount of abuse can dent his global standing. Ban or burn all his books, as someone suggested, he would only feel sorry for you, not angry.

Achebe has since outgrown certain sentiments. On the other hand, if Chief Awolowo were alive, he would have cautioned people against some of the vituperative effusions, especially by people craving relevance with Awo’s name and who cried more than the bereaved.

Awo’s daughter, Ambassador Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu, made one of the most mature reactions. She simply said if what was said to have been written was true, she was disappointed but would not say more than that until she read the book!

Awo was an accomplished and fulfilled man before he died. Nothing said now by ethnic jingoists and fake Awoists can add any value to his eminent standing.

What the nation has witnessed since the publication of an excerpt of a review of Achebe’s There Was A Country: A Personal History of Biafra by Guardian of London is a classic decline of intellectual discourse in Nigeria.

At the time the needless controversy ensued, not more than 10 people would say they had read the book. The first few copies available in Nigeria at the material time were review copies sent to some journalists by Dr. Chidi Achebe.

Others were those who travelled to countries where the book had been published and were able to buy a copy, or were sent a copy by friends abroad. Therefore all those who plunged into attack and counter-attack based on excerpts of a review simply embarrassed themselves. It really did not mean that the outcome would have been radically different if more Nigerians read the book.

I say so because Nigerians read with two brains. While one is reading what was written, the other is busy formulating what the reader believes you wrote! It is therefore not surprising that, in this kind of situation, the combatants in the futile but emotionally charged controversy quickly took cover behind ethnic parapets!

Last week I finished reading a copy sent me by Chidi and I felt more disappointed with the entire hullabaloo about the book and the abuses that went all round. In the first place, the duty a writer of Achebe’s status owes humanity is to shock it with the truth whenever it develops amnesia.

Achebe did just that with his book, 42 years after the civil war. He seems to have succeeded in rousing us from our amnesia, except that the intellectual debate is yet to ensue, and except also that, in Nigeria, my truth is a lie, and your lie is the truth! Secondly, it was wrong to make it seem as if Awo was the subject of the book. He was not even the important point in the book.

The controversial reference to Awolowo did not appear until page 233 of a 333-page book, including appendices, notes and index! Nevertheless, those who have been reading will tell you that Achebe did not say anything new about Awolowo nor has he ever hidden his views about the Yoruba leader!

Nature of Nigerian debate

It is the nature of Nigerian debate that those who insistently make Awo an ethnic champion often turn round to accuse others of diminishing Awo’s status, making me wonder if those who swear in Awo’s name really knew him. For example, Femi Fani-Kayode who effusively described Awo as “much loved leader of the Yoruba” easily turned round, tongue in cheek, to accuse Achebe of “ethnic chauvinism”.

There are not many Yoruba who locate Awo beyond the ethnic enclave to a national stage, unless you tell me that Nigeria begins at Mokola and ends at Dugbe! It took Chief Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu to posthumously elevate Awo to “the best President Nigeria never had”.

One thing any reader of Achebe would confess is that the man tries his best to choose his words carefully. The controversial portion of the book came under the subheading, The Case Against the Nigerian Government. There he took not only Awolowo, but also, Allison Ayida and Anthony Enahoro to task.

And he prefaced his criticism of Awo’s motive for employing starvation as a weapon of war with the words, “it is my impression that…” We can debate whether Achebe’s impression was wrong without name calling, ethnic baiting or profiling.

And that is, if we have any intellectually honest reason to read that portion in isolation of everything else he wrote elsewhere in the book about Awolowo and Yoruba nation!

A few hard questions can be asked: Did Awo have ambition for power for himself and for the advancement of his Yoruba people? Yes he did.

That was an ambition he spent all his political life pursuing. Did Awo see the dominant Igbo as obstacle to that desire? You may argue that Awo was not the only one who saw the Igbo as obstacle but you cannot deny what happened to Zik in Ibadan in 1951.

Hear my friend Ayo Opadokun: “What he (Achebe) expected was that Awo should fold his arms to allow the Igbo race led by Zik to preside over the affairs of the Yoruba nation” (The Nation 5 October 2012). Further, he admitted that “it was clear that the East and West were in contest for socio-economic and political power”. Tell me, could Achebe have put the matter any clearer than Opadokun did?

Just as Achebe conceded that there was nothing wrong with Awo’s aspirations, there was nothing wrong with contest between the East and West for socio-economic and political power, except that no ethnic group in Nigeria wants to contest with Igbo on equal terms or compete on a level playing field. Nigeria obviously felt happy that it has removed the Igbo obstacle by inscribing the Federal Character in the constitution.

And we cannot deny that there was a sing-song of “Igbo domination” in the years leading to the crises that led to the coup and the war. Unfortunately, the fear of “Igbo domination” not only created an enduring conspiracy to cripple the Igbo but also left an unsettled issue of citizenship that has created the dichotomy of “settler” and “indigene” for which blood flows in the Plateau today.

In defence of Awo

I think it was futile to defend Awo on the matter of starvation as a weapon of war after he proffered his own personal defence. In his well publicised 1983 interview, Awo did not deny the charges levied against him by Biafrans.

He simply rationalised his actions. Respected elder statesman and one of the living authentic Awoists, Chief Ayo Adebanjo apparently based his defence of Awo on this interview (Thisday 13 Oct 2012). We can appreciate Awo’s rationalisation or disagree with them. I disagree with some.

Awo said he went to Calabar, Enugu and Port Harcourt shortly after their liberation. “I saw kwashiorkor victims…Then I enquired what happened to the food we are sending to the victims…but what happened was that the vehicles carrying the food were always ambushed by the soldiers…and the food would then be taken to the soldiers to feed them, and so they were able to continue the fight”.

The flaw in this rationalisation is that people may conclude that Awo stopped food supply because Biafran soldiers were hijacking them. In the first place, Nigerian NEVER supplied food to Biafra.

Whatever food Nigeria supplied was to those “liberated” areas behind Biafran lines. Those areas were under the control of the Nigerian army.

Therefore if the vehicles conveying the food were ambushed by soldiers, it could only be by Nigerian soldiers! Food that came into Biafra were direct from World Council of Churches, Caritas, International Red Cross and French NGOs.

These supplies were directly administered by the churches, priests and Red Cross through their feeding centres.

The humanitarian disaster in Biafra was exacerbated when Nigeria closed the air corridors by shooting down some of the relief planes. The argument about using land corridors approved by Nigeria to supply food to Biafra was still on till the war dramatically ended.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/there-was-a-country-there-was-starvation-1/

1 Like

Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by MrGlobe(m): 6:15am On Oct 31, 2012
Beautiful writeup, Well said, please who is this writer? Yorobbers have formed a cliche that Biaftans were begging their enemies for good. That is the height of madness and deceit. How can people that canjot feed themselves properly even till this day offer another man food. At the end of the day Achebe is vindicated.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by ACM10: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2012
You may argue that Awo was not the
only one who saw the Igbo as obstacle
but you cannot deny what happened to
Zik in Ibadan in 1951.

Pls who can link me to Pa Pini Jason. Anyone? I need his phone number, email or home address. I want him to throw more light on the event of 1951. Pls it's urgent!
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by T9ksy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
ACM10:

Pls who can link me to Pa Pini Jason. Anyone? I need his phone number, email or home address. I want him to throw more light on the event of 1951. Pls it's urgent!

Ol' boy, you sound desperate o. I thought last time (about 10months ago) you said you had proof that NCNC won the election in question in

1951.You proof according to you, lies in your grandmother's library in your village so why are you now desperate to link up with Pa pini jason?

Its either you have the proof or not and if you don't then can you please desist from spreading falsehoods and misinforming the niave and gullible younger

gerneration. You ibos have been blabbing about this phantom election success in western nigeria but till date, 6 decades later none of you have been able to

produce any shred of evidence to back up your claim but still doesn't stop you ibos from singing "carpetcrossing", "tribalism" ati bebelo against the yorubas

1 Like

Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by nku5: 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
Check vanguard, I think his email and phone numbers should be within reach

ACM10:

Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by ACM10: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
nku5: Check vanguard, I think his email and phone numbers should be within reach

Thank you!
I hope they will publish those personal informations
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by mike404(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
E*X*P*O*S*E*D shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Mgbadike80: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
Why is this not on the frontpage

1 Like

Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
What a mature article by an obviously intelligent writer.

1 Like

Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva: What a mature article by an obviously intelligent writer.

Why won't you say so? When it perfectly sit down with your bigoted expectations... cheesy

Everyday...you keep falling deeper into the bigoted pit.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mgbadike80: Why is this not on the frontpage

Why should it be? Or are you now Mukina? grin
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Afam4eva(m): 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
ilugunboy:

Why won't you say so? When it perfectly sit down with your bigoted expectations... cheesy
Take it or leave it, the writer appeared logical. You can't compare it with the rants that graced major news stands in the name of article.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Take it or leave it, the writer appeared logical. You can't compare it with the rants that graced major news stands in the name of article.

Logical? Looking through the prism from solely one angle? Darn!!!! Afamuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! grin
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
ilugunboy:

Logical? Looking through the prism from solely one angle? Darn!!!! Afamuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! grin
I try to look at things from the neutral angle as much as possible though it's almost impossible to be totally aloof from opposite views.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
I try to look at things from the neutral angle as much as possible though it's almost impossible to be totally aloof from opposite views.

What the article has done is to present issue from strictly one angle....when you are to be objective..you look at issues from all sides irrespective of whether they meet your sentiments or not. To me objectivity is been blind to sentiment.

That article appealed too much to sentiment to garb it logical.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by 9javoice1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
truth lives forever

but lie fades with time

Papa Pini Jason your days shall be long if u likes that at this time of your life,
and your children shall be a blessing not a curse,
all these is because you stand on the truth.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by 9javoice1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
Another non igbo in sunnewsonline speaking the same truth as Pa pini Jason.
History are vindicating igbos and other ol eastern block at last.
where are the Gowons and their ewarriors. elderly nigerian are now fearless to say the truth.

Of Achebe, Awolowo, Gowon and Biafra
Our Reporter October 30, 2012 72 Comments »

BY PRINCE IBORO UDOM

Nigeria’s political history is a story in contradictions. This accounts for why her quest for national unity and integration has been unsuccessful, quite to the chargrin of the few genuine patriots who had dreamt of a Nigeria that would be the envy of all in the community of nations. But upon the attainment of political independence, the hope that a Nigeria nation could emerge out of a multitude of tribes and tongues has unfortunately evaporated like ash such that it seems it could never realize it’s rather cherished but unfulfilled dreams.

While we try to “understand our differences” as Sir Ahmadu Bello advised rather than to “forget our differences” there seems to be a progressive rise in the quantum and intensity of ethnic consciousness as shown by the reactions by ethnic Lords over sundry issues.

This dangerous tendency was recently manifested following the release of a book written by Prof Chinua Achebe and titled: “There was A Country: A Personal History of Biafra” In the latest book the renowned literary icon, blamed the plight of the Igbos especially following the war on the deliberate economic policies formulated by the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo as Finance Minister and Deputy Chairman of the Federal Executive council which was headed by General Yakubu Gowon, the then Head of State.

These policies, according to the literary icon impoverished and economically strangulated the Igbos including other Easterners. These myriads of reactions bring to the force the contradictions, the mischief and sheer absence of love and understanding of the plight of other Nigerians by those who have arrogated national interest and welfare to themselves and see any other person as undeserving of concern. My honest contention would be that it is always very good to apportion blames if by doing so the wrongs done could be rectified or remedied.

In the case of Biafra and Nigeria, undoubtedly, great wrongs have been done with noticeable harm. Ethnic chauvinists and pretenders to the Nigerian unity project are wont to say that Biafra is past and should not be revisited, but they must be advised that we are all products of history.

It has been asserted that those who chose to ignore the lessons of history are more often than not ignored by history itself. This is true of Nigeria.

It has refused to learn from history as a guide to the future but has rather unwittingly been repeating the same mistakes all over again. The result is that it has become like a patient who after medical diagnosis throws away the reports which contained details of his ailment and the recommended treatment to be administered d. when he eventually appears before the doctor, the process is ordered to recommence once again, and chances are that before another process of medical examination is concluded, the situation has become precarious and regrettabley, beyond medical redemption.

The issues mentioned in the said book are all too familiar, but if one may ask, “what were the immediate and remote causes of the Nigeria Civil War (1967-1970)? Who should be blamed for the events that led to the declaration of independence by “Biafra”?

What was the real intention behind the war and post –war policies? The earlier we sincerely give answers to these salient questions, the better for our quest for nationhood. The moment we begin to tell ourselves the home truth even when such revelation and admission/confession is against our personal or tribal interest, the better for the healing process to commence in full swing.

Without any fear of contradiction, let me state clearly that the mindless and senseless massacre and destruction of Igbo lives and properties following the counter coup by the reactionaries led by Lt Col. T. Y. Dnjuma more than anything else caused the attempted secession bid by Colonel Udumegwu Emeka Ojukwu, then Military Governor of the then Eastern Region.

The macabre that attended the well-organized and superbly supervised genocide perpetrated against the Igbos in the north and supported by the northern leaders, albeit as a ‘retaliation’ against the murder of their leaders in the first coup de’tat could have been nipped in the bud if the beneficiaries of the “unitary” government for which General Aguyi Ironsi was sacrificed had taken any sincere step to dissuade their people from the course they had taken against the innocent Igbos who had to pay a great price for their belief in one Nigeria and their spirit of enterprise.

Let the facts be stated the umpteenth time for the mischievous and peddlers of falsehood who distort clear undeniable facts of history for their selfish and tribal interests.

Agreeably, the northerners were never known and have never been know to be pro-Nigerian in their thoughts, inclinations and pronouncements, and for the records, they never wanted independence for Nigeria and neither did they embrace the idea of one Nigeria Resolutions of the Northern Regional House of Assembly regarding the “strangers” on their soil, the various pronouncements of Sir Ahmadu Bello, Premier of the Northern Region, and the aborted speech by General Gowon announcing the division of Nigeria are all in the public domain for Nigerians to see.

Another fact of history is that Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe left the Eastern Region, contested and won election into the Western Regional House of Assembly and was in the process of forming the government in the Region, his party, the National Convention of Nigerian Citizens, NCNC, having won the majority of seats at the Election, but the late sage Awolowo sensing disgrace and obvious loss of relevance, orchestrated through blackmail and recourse to primordial ethnic sentiments and emotions, the “cross-carpeting of the NCNC members of the House to the Action Group, AG,. This singular act killed the spirit of national unity and accommodation that was becoming visible by the wider acceptance of NCNC by the Westerners.

The result of this political ‘master-stroke’ by Awolowo forced Azikiwe unceremoniously back to the Eastern Region where he, out of frustration; having failed to also go the central Legislature in Lagos equally orchestrated a fresh election to the Eastern Region House of Assembly. This singular act again affected the brotherly love in the region and the nationalist spirit as the Efiks, Ibibios and the Annangs etc who were the major victims began to lose hope in the federation, nay the Eastern Region.

This perhaps explains why the Igbos were denied their support during the course of the war. Agreed also that in war, just like Awolowo rationalized, that “everything is fair and starvation is one of the weapons of war, could it rightly be said that post-war anti-people and anti-development policies are accepted especially were it was declared,”no victor, no vanquished”? It is not true that humanitarian service provided by international voluntary organization to Nigerian held territories were denied the civilian populace in Biafra, not the soldiers?

Was this not a clear case of genocide alongside the earlier pogrom in the north targeted at Igbos? And if, as the Awolowo and Gowon apologists are arguing, that they don’t deserve any blame for the suffering of the Igbos nay Easterners during and after the war, can any truly sensible person rationalize the policy conceived and implemented by the said otherwise great Awolowo to the effect that every Easterner (mostly Igbos) that had whatever amount of money in the bank was only given “20 pounds”

Not only this, property belonging to Igbos across the country were seized by the Federal Government and were classified as “abandoned” properties even when the owners had survived the war and needed a means of sustenance.

The late Ikemba (Ojukwu) had to fight for many years to repossess his father’s property in Lagos State. The result of this deliberate and mischievous economic policy was despite deceitful programme of Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction. And when public enterprises were nationalized, no Igbo man/woman was in a position to purchase any shares in those companies. This was against the backdrop of the fact that the Eastern Region, up to the late 1960s was rated as the fastest growing economy in the world.

The literary Icon, Prof Chinua Achebe has not committed any crime by writing his memoirs while alive. Others are enjoined to also tell Nigerians what they know about the war, the pogrom and proffer a way out. We have lied for too long, we have pretended for too long. Time for admission of wrong and confession of sins is now. The Igbos deserve our sympathy and off course, apologies. Iboro Udom writes from Akwa Ibom state

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/opinion/of-achebe-awolowo-gowon-and-biafra/
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by cjrane: 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
ACM10:

In 1951, Awolowo used tribal sentiments to cajole Yoruba people who had voted and ensured Zik's victory in Ibadan to withdraw their support, because Zik was Igbo and should not be allowed to form a government in the western region. That moved shocked Nigerians as it was the first time in Nigeria's political history that tribal origin was used as a political tool to deny someone of his electoral victory. Since then, you know better than me that nobody dares to win any election outside his state of origin. That is why Awolowo is the undisputed father of tribalism in Nigeria.Because he was the first to use tribalism in pursuance of his political ambition. A virus that Nigeria could never recover from.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
the civil war victors only like to talk about their victory but they cry foul
when we remind them how they won
by starving millions to death!
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by vicenzo(m): 12:02am On Nov 01, 2012
''There was nothing wrong with the contest between the east and the west for socio-political power,except that no ethnic group in Nigeria want to contest with igbo on equal terms or compete on a level playing field. Nigeria obviously felt happy that it has removed the igbo obstacle by inscribing the federal character in the constitution''
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by vicenzo(m): 12:16am On Nov 01, 2012
Mr pini is a wise man,in the above quote,he just revealed why ''one nigeria'' has been,and will continue to be a failure. In it's attempt to cage the igbo spirit,''one nigeria'' committed suicide,it sacrificed meritocracy.(an essential nutrient for the growth and advancement of any nation) on the altar of mediocrity,aka federal character.
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by Dainfamous: 12:22am On Nov 01, 2012
EVIL EVIL shoot down aeroplanes that carry relief material to BIAFRA and he the evil basstarrrd have the guts to say you cant feed your enemy,while biafra never demand any aid or what ever from nigeria... umu ekwensu

2 Likes

Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by T9ksy(m): 12:30am On Nov 01, 2012
[quote author=cjrane]

In 1951, Awolowo used tribal sentiments to cajole Yoruba people who had voted and ensured Zik's victory in Ibadan to withdraw their support, because Zik was Igbo and should not be allowed to form a government in the western region. That moved shocked Nigerians as it was the first time in Nigeria's political history that tribal origin was used as a political tool to deny someone of his electoral victory. Since then, you know better than me that nobody dares to win any election outside his state of origin. That is why Awolowo is the undisputed father of tribalism in Nigeria.Because he was the first to use tribalism in pursuance of his political ambition. A virus that Nigeria could never recover from.[/quote

Present the election result which you base your claim on or please, just STFU!!!
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by cjrane: 1:20am On Nov 01, 2012
T9ksy:

[quote author=cjrane]

In 1951, Awolowo used tribal sentiments to cajole Yoruba people who had voted and ensured Zik's victory in Ibadan to withdraw their support, because Zik was Igbo and should not be allowed to form a government in the western region. That moved shocked Nigerians as it was the first time in Nigeria's political history that tribal origin was used as a political tool to deny someone of his electoral victory. Since then, you know better than me that nobody dares to win any election outside his state of origin. That is why Awolowo is the undisputed father of tribalism in Nigeria.Because he was the first to use tribalism in pursuance of his political ambition. A virus that Nigeria could never recover from.[/quote

Present the election result which you base your claim on or please, just STFU!!!

Don't yorrobbers have shame at all? You want to deny everything Awolowo did, as if somehow it would make others forget it happened.
Even the Fani-Kayode junior that is now talking rubbish, his father hated Awolowo for that "carpet crossing Politics of tribalism" and was one of the great Yoruba men that saw the danger of "carpet crossing" that Awolowo introduced into the Nigerian political system, and seriously warned against the implication and consequences of tribalism in Nigerian politics for the yorubas.
Perhaps, Awolowo did not tell you guys all the evil he did in Nigeria. Typical reaction of the children of a criminal who are surprised why the community detest their armed robber father.So you guys are truly "surprised" why other people had never seen anything good in the murderer and criminally insane Awolowo.You can research how Awolowo became the premier of western region in 1952 and Zik's NCNC moved from majority to opposition over night.Awolowo got his Premiership by tribalism and deciet,but that was the only election he ever won in Nigeria.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Zm7sWUbDWakC&pg=PA57&lpg=PA57&dq=carpet+crossing+politics+in+western+region&source=bl&ots=rUyieKQ6dY&sig=gHrNCh5S5btkHfhZI23sG4q-Vxs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=o7yRULPPG8Hc0QGJxoDYBg&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=carpet%20crossing%20politics%20in%20western%20region&f=false

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/National_Council_of_Nigeria_and_the_Cameroons
Re: There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason by cjrane: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
T9ksy:

Ol' boy, you sound desperate o. I thought last time (about 10months ago) you said you had proof that NCNC won the election in question in

1951.You proof according to you, lies in your grandmother's library in your village so why are you now desperate to link up with Pa pini jason?

Its either you have the proof or not and if you don't then can you please desist from spreading falsehoods and misinforming the niave and gullible younger

gerneration. You ibos have been blabbing about this phantom election success in western nigeria but till date, 6 decades later none of you have been able to

produce any shred of evidence to back up your claim but still doesn't stop you ibos from singing "carpetcrossing", "tribalism" ati bebelo against the yorubas

Yeye people. So now NCNC did not win the elections, yet Awolowo needed to do carpet crossing for an election he had already won? Shameless liars. Just listen to yourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Representing Delta Central-Senator Puis Ewherido is dead / Presidency Replies Ex- PDP Governors Now In APC / Face Saving: APC Govs Strategise On Osun Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.