Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:56 PM

How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? (1474 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Things To Know Before Getting Married! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by Princephelar(m): 7:55am On Oct 31, 2012
Listening to some our parents and grand parents now,some will say 'I had tens of thousands of naira in my account before getting married' while some will say 'I had a house and a volkswagen before getting married'. But now things have changed,we don't spend in tens of thousands again,we manage to spend in hundreds of thousands and probably millions as the case may be. The question now is HOW MUCH WEALTH SHOULD A YOUNG MAN ACQUIRE BEFORE GETTING MARRIED?
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 31, 2012
enough to sustain the lifestyle he chooses to live with his family

2 Likes

Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
@OP
how much that house and Volkswagen cost back in the days? how can you compare these two different era? back in them days, you could probably get a house for 100K, so stop comparing our parents era with our own.

also, the fact that you believe that to acquire wealth is the backbone of MARRIAGE is the reason why you would always fail in this subject. MARRIAGE has very little to do with wealth, but all to do with INDIVIDUALS. if both of you understand what it takes to be married, and respect the institution of marriage, then you will surely make the necessary steps TOGETHER to make it work. if you believe that you need ANY wealth to get married, then you have already FAILED at marriage, as you surely dont understand it!

the only wealth a man should acquire before marriage is KNOWLEDGE! this young man should understand that he doesnt even need a Kobo before getting married, the only thing he needs is to be able to TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF and his immediate needs (and vice versa for his future bride) something that ALL human being need whether married or not....if they both can achieve that then they surely CAN get married.

remember, many will be quick to tell you that you need this and that, fancy white wedding and what not before you can get married, but all this is B U L L S H I T.

1 Like

Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by MrsChima(f): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mbj!! I was looking to fight you man!! Get out myhead bro!!

Grrrr.
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
^^ ahahaha i am sure we will find plenty of thread to get our fight mode on....but be ready to lose!
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by MrsChima(f): 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^ ahahaha i am sure we will find plenty of thread to get our fight mode on....but be ready to lose!

Whatever...that two extra points got you swollen.
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
^^^you meant THAT INDIVIDUAL VICTORY got me swollen.......anyway let us not derail this nice thread.
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by baby124: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
I personally think one should plan for a family of 4. Why? Because that is most likely to be the case after 2-3yrs of marriage. Families can grow very fast at times and you will find yourself in a panic. You and wifey's combined income should be enough to provide food and shelter, before thinking about marriage. If its going to be just you working, then you need to be able to bear the burden. No fancy lifestyle or fancy wedding is necessary. Find a partner that will grow and work hard with you. But please don't rush to get married if you both can't afford the basic necessities in relative comfort. We have so much poverty going around, and you don't want to join that circle. This is why most people are waiting longer to get married these days. In the days of our father's, we didn't have these many people fighting and competing for such little resources.

1 Like

Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by MrsChima(f): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^you meant THAT INDIVIDUAL VICTORY got me swollen.......anyway let us not derail this nice thread.

Your team still lost.
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by codernoni: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
$50k @ least.
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by Princephelar(m): 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
codernoni :
$50k @ least.
Are you married?
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by asema646(m): 8:14am On Aug 26, 2014
when u have a steady and realiable job i think
Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by PassingShot(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
One billion Naira. tongue shocked grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Wealth Should A Young Man Acquire Before Getting Married? by Quirekoon: 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2020
At least 10 million.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice / Would You Rather Keep Your Baby On Your Chest Or At Your Back? / How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.