Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Rivers - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Rivers (11394 Views)

Posted To Rivers. Let Meet Here / Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
abidexlols: Pls I'm a batch C corper in Rivers state posted to phalga LG and I'm in search of accomodatn pls any 1 wit useful info plsss

thats port harcourt lga
you are going to spend heavily on accomodation
budget N40-60k for a room, and N120-150k for a self contain
but do you know your employer is mandated to
provide accomodation for you, if he doesnt that means
he should reject you. so before you spend your money
read the nysc handbook
you guys are going to rivers because of the money they pay
but many in the lga's dont regard corp members highly
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by billtommy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
No rivers batch A corpers?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 4:45am On Mar 02, 2013
am a batch a corper posted 2 rivers, pls wat is it like
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Iykenson(m): 5:17am On Mar 02, 2013
Hello people, just got my call up letter yesterday and it says rivers. Can someone plz tell me how the camp and life after camp is like over there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by billtommy(m): 10:29am On Mar 02, 2013
The camp is one of the most terrible camps in Nigeria, the only advise I have for you is.......come with money ohhhh and don't expect too much.....
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Iykenson(m): 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ok, thanks alot. Plz throw more light on what u mean by terrible.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by CuteCara: 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hi peeps. I just got my callup letter yday, and iv been posted to Rivers. I look forward to a fruitful service year...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by wisolf(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
CuteCara: Hi peeps. I just got my callup letter yday, and iv been posted to Rivers. I look forward to a fruitful service year...
Congrats dear,got posted there too..looking forward 2 meeting u in camp!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by wisolf(m): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
billtommy: The camp is one of the most terrible camps in Nigeria, the only advise I have for you is.......come with money ohhhh and don't expect too much.....
Guy u've not said anytin positive sincee..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hello ppl,I'vε̲̣̣̣̥ jst been posted †☺ rivers state.Plzz sum1 fill me in on wat †☺ expect.tnx in anticipation.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by punta(f): 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
If you have been posted to Rivers State, please come with an open mind and don't expect too much from anyone. If you have high hopes, you could be disappointed. Just like Lagos, there are a lot of opportunities in Rivers state but life could be very hard for you as a youth corper if you are not a hustler.

Ladies, don't lose focus and please don't get carried away by the flashy lifestyle of Port Hacourt boys/Rivers men. They like women a lot and have very little respect for them. You have to earn their respect by living a decent life (not bible carrying). If you are prayerful and focused, you will never regret being posted to Rivers State.

Don't put your hopes on any man but God. Pray for divine favour to be at the right place at the right time.
God used total strangers to settle me in Rivers state when I served in 2002. I might not be able to get anyone a job per se, the most I can do is to help any lady posted to Bonny with a temporary accommodation until she can find her own place.

I wish you all good luck and God speed.

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by chrisifeanyi: 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Posted to rivers state,,, still dont no much about the camp and state in general.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
luks lik all corpers posted 2 rivers re on their own. Well, lets not lose hope. We will make it exciting for each other. Lets try 2 meet b4 we meet, so we can assist ourselves or wat do u guys think. Am joshua by d way but u can call mi josh.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by billtommy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
The camp life is bleeped,everywhere unkempt and not well equiped as other camps are, its used to be a community secondary school before it got convert to NYSC camp, no fans, no place to charge except mami, and if you're lucky to get to meet electric ants "paapa" which dealth with us during our time, then you will come back and narrate ur terrible experience here, if rain falls well, then ure in another soup.......that was why I asked you not to expect too much......I serve in bori camp barracks, PHC
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hi everyone,jst got posted to rivers against my wish. The reports gathered so far about serving in rivers have not been encouraging esp for Dentists..can anyone out there direct me to where I can at least enjoy the package..bideklink@yahoo.com,Batch A 2013
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by ensimba(m): 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
i will b in d camp on 5th by God's Grace. How will I lobby my way 2 bonny Island? Does secondary schools giv accomondation?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by tope777(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
sandylurv: Hello ppl,I'vε̲̣̣̣̥ jst been posted †☺ rivers state.Plzz sum1 fill me in on wat †☺ expect.tnx in anticipation.
Holla me I will put u through about Rivers state
08073751294 t_omotosho@yahoo.com
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by billtommy(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
ensimba: i will b in d camp on 5th by God's Grace. How will I lobby my way 2 bonny Island? Does secondary schools giv accomondation?

Yea, and you could make them reject you if they don't provide you with accomodation till you get one that's ready to provide you with an accomodation, u could get across to me tru my PM for more info, I will always be here to help
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by rhymaholic: 2:14am On Mar 04, 2013
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by nwaeloka(m): 5:39am On Mar 04, 2013
I've bn posted to Rivers State too. I'm honestly nt impressed by d vibes I've bn getting frm d 'oldies' abt d camp...it can't be all dat bad naa. Anyways, I'm hping on seeing y'all in camp sha. I'll be in 2moro.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by abrajproperty: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2013
I rep batch A 2013,first time getin outa ma precious lagos! Honestly am expecting nothing from rivers state than to provide a place of worship for me as a peaceful muslim! I pray dem get big football pitch also cos I play a lot of soccer! Catch yah all 2mao! Kingharzyz
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Ojay01(m): 7:32am On Mar 04, 2013
smileyHi people, happy new month. Well, i'm new to this group n i've been posted to Rivers state. From the above, are we saying rivers state isn't fun anymore? Cuz i'm so excited bout serving right nw. Cheers.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Jaideyone(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
Please i need advice. I've been posted to abia state and my sister is going to be in rivers. I know both states share a commonboundary. I'm wondering if it's possible for someone to drive us down to both places since they are kind of close. My questions are
1.) can we drive down to abia first then rivers or maybe rivers first then abia?
2.) how far is the distance between abia camp and rivers state camp
3.) what are the possible routes we can use? Which route is the fastest? Which oneis the most convinient?
i'm awaiting replies. Thanks in advance
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by billtommy(m): 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
If ure coming from the west, then its abia first, it depends on where ure coming from tho
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by ensimba(m): 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
i nid a good fren in camp. Am insyd P.H nw, nd i will enta d camp 2moro.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
platoon 4 tins dis soldiers re not smiling, sum pple re not helping
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by billtommy(m): 7:27am On Mar 08, 2013
my dear rivers otondo, how are you enjoying nonwa gbam tai?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
can sum1 comfirm dis, i had if u re requested by a company u will b senth there. Meanwhile, camp is kool life is full here
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by billtommy(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yea, if the company should reqyest for you, you're good to go
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 11, 2013
billtommy: Yea, if the company should reqyest for you, you're good to go
Billtommy, drop ur contact i want 2 talk wit u
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Rivers by asaju10(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
pls aouz,is dea anybody here u is currently serving in etche lg of obio/abkpor zone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? / Best States For NYSC Posting, With The Official Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.