Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Think About It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Think About It. (1218 Views)

:::: Think About This :::: / Bishop Eddie Long Revisited - Eight Things I Think About Bishop Eddie Long / What Do Muslim Think About Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think About It. by wendytilda(f): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2006
Hi Everyone,

Here are few things i want us to( stop for a second and) think about.

So many of us are living in a platter of gold (Kind of) But we seem to forget some set of people in our country Nigeria and beyond.(esp in Africa)
There are people who do not have anywhere to lay their heads at night.
So many people still live in mud houses in our villages  because they can’t even afford to raise up a zinc house let alone a normal one.
So many people die everyday because of lack of food.
Some people get sick and cannot even afford to see a Doctor.
Some people(esp. In our villages)have rags as there best wears.
So many people are looking for only 10,000 naira a month  to survive.

Accidents happen on the roads of  Nigeria everyday and lives are lost.
Some people lost their loved ones (even today).
So many tragedies happen everyday through out the whole world;Suiside bombs,hurricanes,Earthquakes e.t.c. These incidents take so many lifes and leave so many homeless,lonely, hungry etc.

On the other hand, some of us  spend more than 10£ a weekend just to party and have fun.
Some of us spend our money on things that we don’t even need.
Some of us throw away(food) leftovers everyday.
Some of us have more than enough dresses that we even throw some away or burn them.

You can help someone today no matter how small.
You can go to that neigbour that wears the same dress everyday and give him/her one of yours.
You can go to an orphanage or motherless babies  home and give that baby 100 naira.
For those of us abroad ,You can help a brother/sister back home.You can even donate just 1 dollar for a child in Pakistan(for example) to go to school for a school section.(through  UNICEF)
You can make a soul very happy today.
Remember givers never lack.
If you think there is no one around you can help, you can pray for someone somewhere today.

We should not just think but act on these things.

If you got other things we can just think about,you are free to post them on this thread.

Gosh!This has turned into a long post.

Thanks.
Re: Think About It. by wendytilda(f): 10:50am On Apr 19, 2006
Do you find your self in the category of people listed above or even in a worst situation? Do you feel all hope is gone?my friend i got good news for ya.
It's gonna be good and you will make it.
You only have to trust God with all you heart and He will see you through.
He is not gonna pour manner from above for you directly(that is possible)but He will do it through human beings.He has done it for me before and i know He will do it for you if you believe and have faith in Him.
Re: Think About It. by babymine(f): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2006
Definitely something to think about.
Re: Think About It. by wendytilda(f): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2006
Do you think the best way to make money is through armed robbery or stealing.*You may be caught by the police and spend the rest of your life in jail.
Do you think prostitution is the solution.*You don't even know who that guy is that you are sleeping with, girl it is your body you are and destroying.
Do you think joining a Secret society(cult) is the ultimate.*You are just selling you soul(for free)to the devil,You may be killed one day you know!
Do you think you can earn(gain)some respect by killing or shooting or even fighting someone else.*It is a precious soul you want to waste and you could be the victim afterall!
My friend all these lead to nothing but self humiliation,regrets(at last),internal termination, distruction and worst of all everlasting death.
Please you can quit today,it is not too late.

Thanks.
Re: Think About It. by Free(f): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2006
hmmm hmm
Re: Think About It. by wendytilda(f): 10:23am On Aug 03, 2006
What have you done for the Lord Lately

(1) (Reply)

The Eleven Satanic Rules Of The Earth / The Majority Of Mankind Will Spend Eternity In Hell / Religious Philosophies Of The World In A Nutshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.