Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (33122 Views)

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by mystyque: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2012
Send ur details to mystyfyme79@yahoo.co.uk. Need to discuss more
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
Casting of Unit 2 completed. Sand filling commence tomorrow.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2012
Unit 2 Ground Beam Completed. Oops, not coming out fine. We really need to fix that.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2012
What we've done

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
40 loads of filling sand waiting to be moved into the foundation.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by babaeko1: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
brabus:

Baba Eko, this is a private project and as can be seen the area isn't water logged.

Materials? We're doing that for the clients to meet up schedule. The project is meant to reach substantial completion stage by Dec. 15

That means the house should be roofed before Christmas.

Hello Brabus

I know its a private project, what I meant is that is this Lekki scheme 1 or 2 or one of the private estates along the Lekki axis. I like the infrastructure in the estate and I just wanted to ask. Also to do something similar, how much should one budget, just a compound with shell structure.

Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sand filling of Unit 1 started and finished. Don't be surprised!

It's a MACHiNE work.

We'll be spreading the fills tomorrow and surface treatment follows next tomorrow.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
baba_eko:

Hello Brabus

I know its a private project, what I meant is that is this Lekki scheme 1 or 2 or one of the private estates along the Lekki axis. I like the infrastructure in the estate and I just wanted to ask. Also to do something similar, how much should one budget, just a compound with shell structure.

Thanks.

This is one of the private estate along Lekki/Epe expressway. It's actually in Sangotedo.

On issue of what to budget for a similar project, I'll prefer we discuss in camera
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2012
Filling Works

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 11:19am On Nov 20, 2012
Happening Now

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2012
Meanwhile, the 2nd Unit is awaiting filling sand.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by spyder880(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Nice work bros, I just love the height of this foundation, and the quality casting.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
spyder880: Nice work bros, I just love the height of this foundation, and the quality casting.

Bros, dat height wey you like no be joke o! It's good though.

Well done sir!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Surface Treatment

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Farm1: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Wao. This is it.

How much is the budget for this house? I mean the carcass

Keep it up. This is about the best raft foundation I have seen on nairaland. I will quickly go get my uniform, sandals and notebook. I need to enrol for lectures on this blog!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Humanbeans(m): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
Great project. Wish you guys the best in all your endeavours
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by segcymoor(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
Bros. weldone. Kudos to ur Canpeter

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Building a house is won­der­ful as you watch it become real. Our house is growing and we're all happy.

Tomorrow's Deliverables

1. Damp Proofing
2. Blinding
3. Reinforcement
4. Sand filling of Unit 2 (the radiator pipe of our Payloader got burst today and we need to fix that for work to continue)
5. Preliminary works on 3 units of 2 bedroom Maid's quarters (setting out for now)
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
segcy.moor:
Bros. weldone. Kudos to ur Canpeter

The young chap is from Cotonou. The guy sabi hin onion no be small.
I hail you Segcy. Looking forward to forging strategic relationship with you guys in not too distant future.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:10am On Nov 21, 2012
Damp proofing is a protective process to ensure moisture cannot pass through the walls of a building to the interior. The construction sheet used in damp proofing places a barrier in the floor that prevents rising damp problems prevalent in most homes. Highly recommended for projects within Lekki axis.

Why Damp Proof?

To prevent ground salts such as chlorides and nitrates which can absorb moisture from the atmosphere from damaging internal/external plaster of your house or ruin internal decorations.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 4:47am On Nov 21, 2012
Land Request

A client is in need of a half or a full plot of land in a good residential location within Lagos (save Lekki/Ajah)

Budget: (to be communicated later)

Genuine offers only. Please state the location, title documents and your final price when sending available offers.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by gmiky: 5:39am On Nov 21, 2012
Great Job Brabus. Do you mind sharing the cost budget for this project just to also encourage some of us with similar projects in the plan but not able to start yet cos of the fear of the unknown? God bless you for the good job you are doing. I have already signed on into this class all the way.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
Happening Now

Damp Proofing and Blinding

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by kopell: 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hello Mr branus, I did not see you want this raft what is this process call pls.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
We're casting tomorrow. Yes, 18.67m3 concrete will be poured tomorrow.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Happening Now

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Happening Now: Casting of the DPC

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 5:45am On Nov 23, 2012
Estimated Budget

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2012
Unit 1 foundation is fully ready and block work starts today but here on this post im going to name the people behind the work. I’m only able to write about it now because we've officially completed a major hurdle and I’m satisfied with who I should name, who I shouldn’t name, and what the costs are. Although, I'm going to be extremely careful about naming subcontractors on this site because Google have the ability to make or break someone’s business, depending on what is written about them.

The 3 categories of subcontractors working on this project:

Did a great job, would recommend. So far, almost everyone has fit into this category except for the carpenter who worked on the Unit 2. He's (the carpenter) fired already.
The man-of-the-stage (if there's an award like that is Clement Carpenter who charged a reasonable fee and did a great job on Unit 1 and a lot of corrections on Unit 2. Hopefully this leads to more business for him.

Things didn’t go well for one reason or another, but the person was honest and tried to make it right. In this situation, only one subcontractor fit into this category and that is the Welder working on Unit 2. If I write about the entire process that didnt go well and named the contractor, it would have the effect of casting the person in a negative light, and I do not wish to do this.

Things were a disaster and I want to publicly warn readers to stay away. About 3 people fit into this category, as there have been a couple of situations where the final resolution from someone from the previous group saved the situation.

People in this category includes:

Carpenter working on Unit 2 - FIRED
Project Supervisor - FIRED
The Architect who drew the initial plan - FIRED
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by igbanbajo(m): 7:40am On Nov 23, 2012
Bookmarked.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by babaeko1: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
The foundation budget you mentioned above, is that for the 2 units or just 1 ?
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
Happening Now: Walls Going Up, House Growing Up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja / INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALL PANEL / Build And Renovate Your Dream House With A Registered Building Construction Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.