Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (33123 Views)

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 2:00am On Feb 04, 2013
Our Project is exactly 3 months old (November 5 - February 4) today.

Many thanks to all our subscribers.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Natudu: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
brabus: I was on site last Saturday and I saw 2 houses which were already roofed over 3 months ago before I took this project tearing off their cladding.

I guess they wanted something more classy and better. shocked I'm watching cos I want to learn.

What's more interesting is what we intend to use for the external ceiling? That one dey inside cooler!

Chei, u sabi sell market o!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:31am On Feb 05, 2013
Natudu:

Chei, u sabi sell market o!

That's the reason we're in business. Don't ever let out all your business secret! Always hold the ace.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2013
Happy to hear that my honorable Structural Engineer from MastersTouch Studio is in Lagos to finalize discussions on the foundation design for our upcoming project - Chateau in Okokomaiko.

You guys are just too wonderful!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by omoabike: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
brabus:

Here's the number of the installer (Nnamdi 08062444363), you can speak with him directly.

Ours is very expensive o! We spent N100k for both unit. smiley smiley

Chief
Dubasilo claimed the 100k you mentioned is just for installation. Is this true? Please I need your response ASAP as I am in negotiation with him.
Thanks
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
Sorry for the delayed response, it has been a very busy day for us today.

Are you giving him full installation work? I paid N150,000 for the full installation works on the 2 units (N130,000 to Dubasilo and N20,000 to the first installer who messed up) and also paid Dubasilo N100,000 for the claddings (materials and bending)
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by omoabike: 11:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
brabus: Sorry for the delayed response, it has been a very busy day for us today.

Are you giving him full installation work? I paid N150,000 for the full installation works on the 2 units (N130,000 to Dubasilo and N20,000 to the first installer who messed up) and also paid Dubasilo N100,000 for the claddings (materials and bending)

Thanks
So in all, the materials and bending with installation is =N= 230,000?
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:51am On Feb 12, 2013
omoabike:
Thanks
So in all, the materials and bending with installation is =N= 230,000?

No! I paid N150,000 for the installation of the roofing tiles, claddings, gutter, and ridges on both houses.

The cost of materials for the cladding and bending of the same is N100,000 for both houses.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2013
From afar, that roofing looks neat and really nice . . . Well done!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 6:46am On Feb 13, 2013
Coming Soon!

From Paper to Brick: Construction of a Semi-Detached Duplex

Main Contractor/Builder: NextHome Builders
Design/Architecture: MastersTouch Studios

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 5:51am On Feb 28, 2013
We're Building Again!

If you've been following this thread closely, you're likely aware of our progress at Diamond Estate, off NTDA road, Sangotedo, Lagos - New CONSTRUCTION signs keep popping up and we are under construction again!

I'm happy to report that our newest project broke ground last week and the shell will be ready for delivery on May Day.

Keep up with our progresses on this project. Follow us here.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by segcymoor(m): 8:15am On Feb 28, 2013
that mean more money. well done guy!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2013
segcy.moor:
that mean more money. well done guy!

Hmm
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 2:32am On May 07, 2013
NextHome Builders

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
Before and After Pics of Diamond Multi-Dwell Apartment (Mar - May 2013)

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
We're Building Again!

If you've been following this thread closely, you're likely aware of our progress at Diamond Estate, off NTDA road, Sangotedo, Lagos - New CONSTRUCTION signs keep popping up and we are under construction again! Now, it is bigger - a massive duplex in the heart of Ile Oluji, Ondo state.

Keep up with our progresses on this project. Follow us here.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Fhemmmy: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
I am not sure if i missed something by blinking oh, but i am yet to see the final product of this thread in pix . . .
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by jajad: 10:00am On Sep 08, 2013
brabus: Unit 1 foundation is fully ready and block work starts today but here on this post im going to name the people behind the work. I’m only able to write about it now because we've officially completed a major hurdle and I’m satisfied with who I should name, who I shouldn’t name, and what the costs are. Although, I'm going to be extremely careful about naming subcontractors on this site because Google have the ability to make or break someone’s business, depending on what is written about them.

The 3 categories of subcontractors working on this project:

Did a great job, would recommend. So far, almost everyone has fit into this category except for the carpenter who worked on the Unit 2. He's (the carpenter) fired already.
The man-of-the-stage (if there's an award like that is Clement Carpenter who charged a reasonable fee and did a great job on Unit 1 and a lot of corrections on Unit 2. Hopefully this leads to more business for him.

Things didn’t go well for one reason or another, but the person was honest and tried to make it right. In this situation, only one subcontractor fit into this category and that is the Welder working on Unit 2. If I write about the entire process that didnt go well and named the contractor, it would have the effect of casting the person in a negative light, and I do not wish to do this.

Things were a disaster and I want to publicly warn readers to stay away. About 3 people fit into this category, as there have been a couple of situations where the final resolution from someone from the previous group saved the situation.

People in this category includes:

Carpenter working on Unit 2 - FIRED
Project Supervisor - FIRED
The Architect who drew the initial plan - FIRED

Chief Brabus, I see you love that house by the park blog too! See money! See house!! smiley
Since I know your taste, when pepper rest, I'm coming for you!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:06am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas from the NextHome Team

In addition to wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, we also want to say thank you. This has been an amazing year of change and growth for NextHome, and it would not be possible without your support!

Thank you for your continued support of NextHome, and we look forward to working with you in 2015!

The NextHome Team

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
Desmond Flats at Ogombo - a new project by NextHome! Follow us here

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
brabus:
Hmm! Eyes are itchy to see more updates. So sorry to disappoint.

It’s been a long time since major works has been done on site and there has been little progress as my boys are still on vacation.
However, I popped by the house today to resume work but we couldn't do anything today. The house is still as it is. Project resumes tomorrow.

Watch this space for more updates.

Here are pics from the site

There was an allegation on another thread that this picture shows flooding. It is not flooding and I looked at it very closely.

The OP has since released the untouched picture that removes any ambiguity.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by redoakfurniture: 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
At Redoak Furniture, we believe that beautiful kitchens should be accessible to all. While most high-end cabinetry breaches upon high-end budgets, we maintain unbeatable prices.We offer products/Services to our clients at an affordable cost without sacrificing quality. Our stunning cabinetry is carefully constructed both inside and out, using only the finest material. Doors and drawers flaunt exclusive features like soft closing, full extension mechanisms, and dovetail joint constructions. Our luxury craftsmanship is unique and stylish. Our Furniture Store is located @ 1st Floor Rectangle Building,Km 16,Building Beside Skye Bank,Osapa London,Lekki Epe Expressway,Lekki Lagos.Please kindly contact us On:
Phone:+2348159478915,WhatsApp:+2348146467931 email:contact.redoak@gmail.com

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by kdf3449(m): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2015
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL. THANKS

Handex:
My observation, why is there no hardcore at the DPC level. what differentiate your building style and that of Segcy moore is that his on building are framed up and yours are not. Which do you think is better?

For structural design, stamping, seal that is needed for approval & professional input.

Engr. Andrew Ezekwe (MNSE, C.Eng)
Handex Engineering Ltd
Tel: 08035831232; 08051389315
Email: handexengltd@yahoo.com
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:49am On Dec 22, 2015
[size=16pt]Happy Christmas Everyone[/size]

We’d like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

It’s been a long year since we started up NextHome Design+Build, but we’d like to thank everyone for your support & business.
But it’s been great so far and we’re loving every minute of it…and we believe 2016 will be even better.
The office will be closed officially from Thursday 24th December and back to the grind on Monday 4th January.

So in the mean time, eat drink & be merry!

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by outshipper385: 12:28am On Dec 28, 2015
estimated Total cost of building 4 unit of 3 bedroom flat in Abule Elba Lagos
ugoroyo@yahoo.co.uk
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by n3xt(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2016
Buying a Land or Building in Lagos: Know the Setback Requirements.

Planning is a system that orders the use and development of land for the benefit of our communities. The overall aim of planning is to ensure a balance between enabling development while at the same time conserving and protecting the environment and local amenities. The idea is to create better and balanced environment for people to live, work, play, pray, recreate and move around with utmost ease.

https://nexthomedesigns.com/2016/05/26/building-in-lagos-know-the-setback-requirements/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja / INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALL PANEL / Build And Renovate Your Dream House With A Registered Building Construction Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.