Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? (6870 Views)

Pastor Selling Beer / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Seewealth(m): 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
recently a friend told me about a pastor who is selling anointing oil. he confirmed that some people who purchased his oil gave great testimonies.His problem now is whether such pastor is genuine as he believes that anointing oil should not be sold. i mean the blessed ones. more so this one is expensive.the price ranges from N30k to N100k a bottle. he needs my candid advice.your advice please.
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by larrymoore(m): 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
30k-100k dt is lot of money!
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Seewealth(m): 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
but you have not said your opinion.is it right in the first place or the money is too much
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by CrazyMan(m): 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
Its very wrong and un-scriptural...

Matthew 21:12-13. And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

We can see in the passage above how angry Jesus was having found out that the temple was turned into a market place.

Pastors who sell all sorts of fetish items in God's house are actually bringing his (God) wrath upon themselves and their ignorant members...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by UyiIredia(m): 12:06am On Nov 01, 2012
That pastor is a thief. 100k for a bottle of anointing oil shocked Your friend should find a better Bible-believing church not this sham.
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 01, 2012
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by pastormustwacc: 4:54am On Nov 01, 2012
Beware, some pastors actually do sense charms. If i can get a single drop of that oil, i will know immediately the source of the power *if it is indeed so.
As for the testimonies, it is not for the pastor to really share - let the people that bought the oil step forward themselves to tell you. Then do a follow-up on them, if they later condemn the pastor - find out why.

God's power cannot be sold for money - as far as i know. This looks like wizardery to me, and he will really sell because many christians are not spiritual enough to know their left from their right. In fact, i am going to create another thread.

I have had fights with christians in the past over matters like this,
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by CrazyMan(m): 5:38am On Nov 01, 2012
omo_to_dun: There is absolutely nothing wrong with a pastor selling anointing oil. What do you expect him to eat? Church is a very profitable business and I commend this man of God for using his senses to cater for himself.
So all the tithes, offerings and donations he's been collecting isn't enough for him right?

Must he now turn God's house into a market place? sad
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 01, 2012
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by CrazyMan(m): 6:12am On Nov 01, 2012
omo_to_dun: ^
Who are we to question a man of God? Didn't the Bible say "Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm."

And since a Christian can't prove whether or not he is anointed, all we have to do is take him at his word.
Its not about proving whether or not he's anointed, its about disregarding God's house by thinking you can gain his favour by turning it into a market place, or by thinking he (God) is interested in your money.

Simon the magician tried it in the passage below...and this was peter's response....

Acts 8:18-20.  And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. 20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

If you fear God, you would have reference for him and wouldn't try to sell some junk to ignorant and desperate members by making them believe its some kind of special anointing....I believe that such pratice is a scam of the highest order, however, MOGs who are guilty of such should begin to re-trace their footsteps, because such an act can drive the presence of God out of their church.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 01, 2012
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by CrazyMan(m): 6:53am On Nov 01, 2012
omo_to_dun: ^
You quoted a part of the scripture and I quoted mine. I believe I am in the right.
The passage you quoted has nothing to do with the topic at hand...so if a so called anointed MOG is embezzling church funds, would you quote that same scripture?

Remember that peter was an anointed man of God, but paul rebuked him in Galatians 2:14-16 for hypocrisy.

Stop displaying your ignorance publicly...go back and read your bible properly, and this time ask God for proper understanding.

omo_to_dun: Why would anyone fear god? Ordinary devil he couldn't tackle and you want me to fear or reverence him. Abeg, go and sit down. Ordinary Adam, he couldn't even control. If I tell my little nephew not to chop the apple I put for table, dem no born am well to chop.
Your posts here shows clearly that either you're an atheist, or you're a religious christian....its obvious that you have zero knowledge about the word of God.

omo_to_dun: As for Simon, wetin him know about holy ghost? Make him go sidon jor. Bro Paul is more respected and quoted than Simon Peter. The former's books are basically the chunk of the NT.
You're not a christian period!

Therefore prolonging this argument wouldn't make any sense...I can already sense the scoff in your posts.
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2012
*passes with boombox playing MI's 'anoti'*
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by Seewealth(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2012
please we should not derail this topic. the issue is whether it is right for a pastor to sell anointing oil. for the issue of testimony, in fact i have called one of the testifiers before who confirmed the testimony. but my fear is whether it is a genuine power from God.
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by CrazyMan(m): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2012
omo_to_dun:
He was an anointed man of God, yet he was rebuked for hypocrisy? Do you see the irony in that? I don't expect you to because you are an id1ot. You belong to the follow follow group of retards who depend on some mystical bearded white guy in the sky.
I don't blame you..you quoted...touch not my anointed an do my prophets no harm. I referred you to a passage in the scriptures where an anointed can be reprimanded if he takes a wrong turn.

And instead, you decided to imitate you father the devil by calling me names...I won't blame you..like father (satan) like son (you)

omo_to_dun: I have zero knowledge of the word of God because God didn't write $hit. However, I do have a sound knowledge of that book of fables called the Bible. That book that was written by men and full of contradictions. Oh, and by the way, no god has ever written a book. The word of God? Id1ot.
You're just exhibiting your ignorance here...stop this your childish ranting..I don't have time for saucy kids like you.

omo_to_dun: My interpretation of the Bible is accurate. And yours is wrong. Heck, even you Christians don't even agree with one another. Everyone of you has his or her own unique interpretation and you quote verses to buttress your claims. Why can't I? Abeg, go and hug a holy transformer.
You're entitled to your opinions and I mine...so if you feel you're right and I'm wrong, why get annoyed?

This is a public forum where people express their views openly, so if you can't do yours like a matured individual, then log off.
Re: Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? by DRPYGRU: 9:40am On Nov 06, 2013
Scam!
Matthew 10:8
King James Bible
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

(1) (Reply)

20 Reasons Why Valentine Is An Evil And A Satanic Activity / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? / Meditation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.