Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi (6936 Views)

Caption These Pics Of Mrs Osinbajo,Mrs Ambode,Gov Ajimobi & His Wife Mrs Ajimobi / Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi / In Conclusion,mrs. Ajimobi Has Been Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by LailaIkeji1: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2012
The wife of the Oyo State governor, Florence Ajimobi, on Wednesday dismissed media reports that she had been arrested by London Metropolitan Police for alleged money laundering.

Mrs Ajimobi, who arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos at 6:50am aboard a Virgin Atlantic Airways aircraft, said the PM News report that she was arrested in London last Saturday for money laundering was the handiwork of mischief makers, who she said were playing “dirty politics”.

She said the originators of the report were out to tarnish her image.

The Oyo state first lady explained that she had on Sunday accompanied her daughter, who was returning to school in London.

She said: “I have never had any encounter with the London Metropolitan Police and I will never do. It was just a rumour, like you said. I think the time has come for Nigerians to stop playing dirty politics.

“We should be very objective when giving information, particularly members of the press. We should always verify the information we are given. The ultimate measure of any man or woman is where you stand in times of conflict, challenges and controversy and not in times of comfort. I stand on the solid rock of Jesus Christ and all other grounds are sinking sand.

“This is a phase and it will pass over, because I am more than a conqueror. It is the price I have to pay as the wife of a politician, particularly in Oyo State, where there is a record of dirty politics. I do not have any blemish in my wardrobe and I am never going to have any.”
Mrs Ajimobi said contrary to another rumour that she was arrested two weeks ago, she travelled with her husband to Taipei, Asia, through Dubai, for an official assignment.

She said: “I went on an official visit to Taiwan with my husband and we did not go to London. From Lagos, we went to Dubai, then Hong Kong and Taipei. From Taipei, we returned to Hong Kong, Dubai and back to Lagos. The record is there in my international passport. I can give you my passport to photocopy.

“It was also alleged that I had travelled out of Nigeria 52 times since my husband assumed office. That sounds very ridiculous to me. It means I do not even live in Nigeria. Like I said, we can make photocopies of my passport for verification.”

On her mission to London on Sunday, Mrs. Ajimobi said: “I have a 14-year-old child that has been in England since 2007. She is still in secondary school and comes home. The school insists that parents pick up their children because they are minors and there are no exemptions for international pupils.

“I cannot shelve my responsibilities as a mother because my husband is a governor. I have to manage my home, take care of my children and be a responsible and committed mother. That I will do, no matter what anybody says. My children need me. My daughter in London needs me and I will be there for her. I am not using government funds because she has been there since 2007.”

The first lady said those spreading rumours about her arrest should fear God.

She said: “The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. If they have the fear of God, they will stop being mischievous. They should think before they act because on judgment day, we will all account for our actions.

“I do not grudge them; I just know they have God to contend with. I have maintained a good reputation for over 32 years and anybody trying to tarnish that image will have God to contend with. I know they will pay for it.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/01/i-am-more-than-a-conqueror-mrs-ajimobi/
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by GARRIx7(m): 10:57am On Nov 01, 2012
Like I said, we can make photocopies of my passport for verification.
Abeg when them go release the photocopy?? grin grin

She said: “I have never had any encounter with the London Metropolitan Police and I will never do.

Shame on PM News.....
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2012
I'm suspecting the story got covered up. Maybe the Governor and his crew found a way to sweep the whole episode under the carpet. Even the London Metropolitan police will cave in under some political pressure.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by GARRIx7(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2012
Brand_new: I'm suspecting the story got covered up. Maybe the Governor and his crew found a way to sweep the whole episode under the carpet. Even the London Metropolitan police will cave in under some political pressure.

I hate to say this, but Sir, ur post makes a whole lot of NONSENSE...

10 Likes

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ibori and his wife were also once more than conquerors.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
Now, if in other clime, the visa pages would be scanned and therafter cc the media especially print - even PM News. I call that good PR!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by lacosanostra: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
anyway me no send so their pikin don dey abrod since 9yr , if no be say i knw how GOD does his own thing,i for remind am his word, na him talk say he makes his rain to fall on the good and bad, even if i bad make his rain fall on me.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sorry, is there no direct flight from Lagos to Taipei. Smh
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Omero(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
Brand_new: I'm suspecting the story got covered up. Maybe the Governor and his crew found a way to sweep the whole episode under the carpet. Even the London Metropolitan police will cave in under some political pressure.
if u don`t hav any evidence then u are talking absolute nonsense.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Odunnu: 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Like Sahara like PM. Rubbish!
I still can't believe this rubbish though.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Apesin001: 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
GOD is watching everybody
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Born2beRich1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
The stori stori for this country is getting too much....Anyhow the end will always justify the means...***counting his blessings*** cool
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by coogar: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2012

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Sleek05(f): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
I luv her transparency. They have only made her more popular!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Sleek05(f): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
I luv her transparency n clear explanations. They have only made her more popular!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by highlandre(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
I'm happy she's debunked the story by her presence. Unlike many others, I will never condemn anyone unless I have my facts. A money laundering issue can't be easily swept under the carpet like some ludicrously have said. Some people need to hold leadership position to know how it feels like for those who are there.

Madam, be careful cos not many people wish you well.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hmm! Some people can lie!!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by gbogboti: 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
Honestly, Nigerians are too gullible. To God! So all of you saying shame on PM news are this blind? You think London Police are not humans? You think they can't bow down to diplomatic pressure? Are we saying "there can be smoke without fire?". To every rumour, there are droplets of truth. The politicians know we are very gullible, ethic and ethno-political. I "ll be back...

1 Like

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by ecolime(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2012
London police caved in?... That's really dumb.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2012
gbogboti: Honestly, Nigerians are too gullible. To God! So all of you saying shame on PM news are this blind? You think London Police are not humans? You think they can't bow down to diplomatic pressure? Are we saying "there can be smoke without fire?". To every rumour, there are droplets of truth. The politicians know we are very gullible, ethic and ethno-political. I "ll be back...
Seconded jare!

Am not saying she stole public funds but nothing is impossible in Naija. Naija I hail!!!!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by coogar: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
gbogboti: Honestly, Nigerians are too gullible. To God! So all of you saying shame on PM news are this blind? You think London Police are not humans? You think they can't bow down to diplomatic pressure? Are we saying "there can be smoke without fire?". To every rumour, there are droplets of truth. The politicians know we are very gullible, ethic and ethno-political. I "ll be back...

the irony.....
you are the gullible one here - the one who saw the news article without any concrete evidence and believed it line hook and sinker!

had mrs ajumobi been arrested for money laundering, she wouldn't be in ibadan as we speak! her passport would have been seized and the amount of money alleged to have been in her possession would have sent her into a female prison awaiting trial!

1 Like

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by IykeD(m): 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
Laila Ikeji: The wife of the Oyo State governor, Florence Ajimobi, on Wednesday dismissed media reports that she had been arrested by London Metropolitan Police for alleged money laundering.

Mrs Ajimobi, who arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos at 6:50am aboard a Virgin Atlantic Airways aircraft, said the PM News report that she was arrested in London last Saturday for money laundering was the handiwork of mischief makers, who she said were playing “dirty politics”.

She said the originators of the report were out to tarnish her image.

The Oyo state first lady explained that she had on Sunday accompanied her daughter, who was returning to school in London.

She said: “I have never had any encounter with the London Metropolitan Police and I will never do. It was just a rumour, like you said. I think the time has come for Nigerians to stop playing dirty politics.

“We should be very objective when giving information, particularly members of the press. We should always verify the information we are given. The ultimate measure of any man or woman is where you stand in times of conflict, challenges and controversy and not in times of comfort. I stand on the solid rock of Jesus Christ and all other grounds are sinking sand.

“This is a phase and it will pass over, because I am more than a conqueror. It is the price I have to pay as the wife of a politician, particularly in Oyo State, where there is a record of dirty politics. I do not have any blemish in my wardrobe and I am never going to have any.”
Mrs Ajimobi said contrary to another rumour that she was arrested two weeks ago, she travelled with her husband to Taipei, Asia, through Dubai, for an official assignment.

She said: “I went on an official visit to Taiwan with my husband and we did not go to London. From Lagos, we went to Dubai, then Hong Kong and Taipei. From Taipei, we returned to Hong Kong, Dubai and back to Lagos. The record is there in my international passport. I can give you my passport to photocopy.

“It was also alleged that I had travelled out of Nigeria 52 times since my husband assumed office. That sounds very ridiculous to me. It means I do not even live in Nigeria. Like I said, we can make photocopies of my passport for verification.”

On her mission to London on Sunday, Mrs. Ajimobi said: “I have a 14-year-old child that has been in England since 2007. She is still in secondary school and comes home. The school insists that parents pick up their children because they are minors and there are no exemptions for international pupils.

“I cannot shelve my responsibilities as a mother because my husband is a governor. I have to manage my home, take care of my children and be a responsible and committed mother. That I will do, no matter what anybody says. My children need me. My daughter in London needs me and I will be there for her. I am not using government funds because she has been there since 2007.”

The first lady said those spreading rumours about her arrest should fear God.

She said: “The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. If they have the fear of God, they will stop being mischievous. They should think before they act because on judgment day, we will all account for our actions.

“I do not grudge them; I just know they have God to contend with. I have maintained a good reputation for over 32 years and anybody trying to tarnish that image will have God to contend with. I know they will pay for it.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/01/i-am-more-than-a-conqueror-mrs-ajimobi/

Guilty conscience ma'm! Who do you plan to deceive? Why should your kid(s) be in a secondary school in the UK?
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
[size=20pt]THIEF ! OLE ! CARRY AM GO!!![/size]
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Sleek05(f): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2012

And I hope dere is smoke in d fire that fayemi was arrested for 20smthn dayz a few months ago as was reported in d same news. I'm sure it is just difficult for u 2 change ur tongue all ur unfounded abuses. Ppl lyk u will never believe d truth evn if clear negatin evidences are provided and dats why u'l never get there. Hater! Yeah and I hope dia'l be smoke in d fire dat ure deluded.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
ecolime:
London police caved in?... That's really dumb.
[
coogar:

quote author=GARRI (x7)]

I hate to say this, but Sir, ur post makes a whole lot of NONSENSE...[/quote]
grin grin grin grin
GARRI (x7):

I hate to say this, but Sir, ur post makes a whole lot of NONSENSE...

I could be right and you never can tell.
There could still be a bad egg among them and there is corruption everywhere even at the London MET and i want to believe there's no smoke without fire so how come today she's caught with loads of cash and tomorrow she's screaming how much she has conquered grin.

Read between the lines people.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by coogar: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
IykeD:
Guilty conscience ma'm! Who do you plan to deceive? Why should your kid(s) be in a secondary school in the UK?

where should they have been? in the village?

Brand_new:
I could be right though. You never can tell.
There could still be a bad egg among them and there is corruption everywhere even at the London MET and i want to believe there's no smoke without fire so how come today she's caught with loads of cash and tomorrow she's screaming how much she has conquered grin.

there's no corruption in the london MET in cases such as this one - ibori and alameiseigha got nicked by the same police force so how's this woman any different? in this day and age, there's no way this woman could have smuggled/moved such an amount into the uk without getting caught! only mgbekes and village touts would believe such a story! it's super-fake!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:

where should they have been? in the village?

there's no corruption in the london MET in cases such as this one - ibori and alameiseigha got nicked by the same police force so how's this woman any different? in this day and age, there's no way this woman could have smuggled/moved such an amount into the uk without getting caught! only mgbekes and village touts would believe such a story! it's super-fake!
So how come it came up in the news and don't you vouch for the London MET because you never can tell.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by GARRIx7(m): 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
Brand_new:
I could be right and you never can tell.

If I were you, I'd go back and edit the original post to something more sensible..

Then I'd get ready to enroll in the nearest govt. Secondary school to get some basic education..

grin grin
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by taharqa: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
So the governor of Oyo has the power to put the London Metropolitan police under 'some political pressure' such that they 'caved in'? Wondaful!.... I honestly dont know where sm of you keep yr brains b4 commenting. It beats me every time
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

If I were you, I'd go back and edit the original post to something more sensible..

Then I'd get ready to enroll in the nearest govt. Secondary school to get some basic education..

grin grin
You dey craze for yansh... grin

taharqa: So the governor of Oyo has the power to put the London Metropolitan police under 'some political pressure' such that they 'caved in'? Wondaful!.... I honestly dont know where sm of you keep yr brains b4 commenting. It beats me every time
Stop wagging your tongue if you don't know what a conspiracy theory is.
Doesn't mean it's a fact but only suggesting a possibility of money exchanging hands duh!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by taharqa: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
'Diplomatic pressure' from whom? You mean from d Oyo state govt? Or is it d FG (who control Nigerian diplomacy if you dont already know) dat is PDP dat would help an Oyo state govt dat is ACN to put pressure on an institution like London Met?... Na wa. By d way, dont come back, lol; just dey go
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
taharqa: 'Diplomatic pressure' from whom? You mean from d Oyo state govt? Or is it d FG (who control Nigerian diplomacy if you dont already know) dat is PDP dat would help an Oyo state govt dat is ACN to put pressure on an institution like London Met?... Na wa. By d way, dont come back, lol; just dey go
You just shut up! It's obvious you have your brains somewhere else.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Biography, Age, Profile, Education & Achievements / Presidential Tribunal: Don’t Be Used By Politicians – Ohanaeze Begs Youths / Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.