Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:13 AM

419 And Nigerian Ethnicities - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities (10788 Views)

Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Shiites And Nigerian Soldiers Clash (photos) / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic / Political 419 And Political Mugus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
419 is a state of mind. It has nothing to do with the leaders.
I can assure you that with excellent leaders in place, some of us will still engage in 419. Folks simply do not want to work hard for nothing today; they prefer to take a big chance to drive a big car.

419 is bigger than bad economy or retarded leaders; it has a lot to do with individual's family background, home training, lack of self respect and unGodly state of mind.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by 4gotnheros(m): 10:44pm On Feb 01, 2008
Even if heaven is being brought down to this topic by this thread, it changes nothing!!!, This is human REVOLUTION!!! it would take another flood washing the whole surface of the earth in Noah's time, or another sodom and gomora in Lot's time surfacing again, before this TOPIC can be gone and vanished for good!!!
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2008
Blood is thicker than water for sure!
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
we need a kind jof idi amin to deal with corruption in nigeria
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Dreloaded(f): 12:58am On Feb 02, 2008
Big B1:

D-reloaded:

It will be nice not to be too naughty and try to comport yourself appropriately like a lady when you talk to me.

My friend, be quiet

Either answer the question or ignore me. What did I ask and what are you saying?

Im asking you what exactly is your pitiful thread doing to help matters since it's obviously not DECREASING the whole "419 madness" and you have the audacity to try to lecture me on how I should "behave" on the internet. Stop changing the subject and answer the bloody question.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 1:38am On Feb 03, 2008
Another 5 Nigerians (419ers) captured in Holland last night; could one guess which part of Nigeria these folks are from?

We must all fight 419 till the moon stops shinning!
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by hotfunmi(f): 8:42am On Feb 03, 2008
@Big B1, I think it's very wrong of you to point fingers at a particular ethnic group. I don't exactly blame you because for some doggone reason, we are meant to believe that but if you go to UK, I think more yorubas are involved in advanced fee fraud than ibos. We may give an excuse for that one because of the higher number of yorubas in UK but the ibos dwell a lot in the US and possibily more than the yorubas but the yorubas still top the list of fraudsters here. May be the ibos top the list in Nigeria or any other place but they don't control that evil business here.
About the hausas, i honestly cannot say because they have enough access to our oil money more than the southerners but the bottom line is that 419 is killing all of us. Those that live in Naija are not feeling it so much like us, they just hear this and that on TV but when you step outside the shores of Nigeria, you'll know what fraud has done to us. Most Ghananians and Camerounians are into that business now but funny enough, they'll be the first to say they are from Nigeria when caught. On the recent list I saw in the paper last week, i saw one Appiah Kwame who claims to be Nigerian; Is that not a Ghananian name?

I also saw where you categorized Nigeria into ibo, hausa and Yoruba, that is very wrong because although those three are the single largest ethnic groups, others like Ibibio, Efik, Fulani, urhobo etc should be recognised as an entity that make up Nigeria. I see folks refer to the three groups alone and wonder whether they think others are there just to restore righteousness.

419 in Nigeria knows no bounds now, it's a debilitating disease eating Nigeria and I think we may curb it by improving the economy so that these boys will get jobs. We stand to solve nothing by trying to figure out which ethnic group stands tall in 419 for all of them have sinned and come short of the glory. If you really wanna verify what am saying, call any of your friends living in LA, Houston,NY or MD and ask him which tribe gets busted mostly in every sort of financial crime in America. Your brothers may nopt be what you really think they are.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2008
Very interesting, Hot Funmi.
Absolutely it is not fair to point finger and trust me this is not my goal here.
Few folks over here are just trying to frustrate the situation and turn it into what it's not.

The main point is to frustrate the 419ers regardless of where they are from; we must expose them by constantly harassing these people in everyway that is available.
They need to know and understand the damage they constantly bring to our image all over the world

We must vigorously denounce them and their disgraceful actions publicly.

Hot FUNMI: Economy or unavailable job opportunity is not the main reason for this horrible act. These folks absolutely do not believe in patience or working for anything. You could give them 3 different jobs each at the same time, trust me this will not stop these despicable greedy pigs.
If you only know how much it cost to successfully implement 419 strategy and process; this effort and money could be used to establish self positively, but my people simply do not have the patience for the blessing of GOD.

5 of them (419ers) that were busted in Holland couple of days ago were exposed by another Nigerian. We must continue with this fight together, because this is the only way to restore our great image all over the world.

No disrespect to anyone; a new statistics will be introduced shortly!
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by hotfunmi(f): 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2008
How do we stop the foreigners that claim they are Nigerians when caught? Why do they do that in the first place because it'll not set them off the hook? I agree with you that economic hardship should not be the reason to steal but I think it's the precuirsor to this problem.  The westerners still top the list in 419 but chose to report Nigerias own through the media, why?
I think the Nigerian youths have lost hope and that is a very big problem because this generation is lying to waste and slowly becoming unproductive. It's like looting the national treasury, it was when IBB started looting enmasse that the fiesta started. Umaru Dikko stole nearly nothing and the whole country was agag before IBB and his cronies showed us how to steal. Thats why people like Buhari are not super  rich even after ruling Nigeria. The whole decay started from IBB.

Also make sure you know exactly what your friend or family member is doing before you visit him in UK or US or you may end up in one day cell.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by romeo(m): 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2008
Big B1:

Very interesting, Hot Funmi.
Absolutely it is not fair to point finger and trust me this is not my goal here.
Few folks over here are just trying to frustrate the situation and turn it into what it's not.

Hissessssssss big time!! i like it when people turn around and eat their own words in shame

Big B1:

Of course, I may be wrong, but based on my research here is my findings:

Igbo 65%
Yoruba 25%
Hausa 10%

It is what it is, no disrespect!

I am the one that wrote that?

I like what you're trying to do but you started in a wrong note
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Colonia(m): 5:36am On Feb 04, 2008
another letter

Dr. Andy Chike" <c_ade222@myway.com> Add Mobile Alert
Subject: URGENT ANSWER NEEDED PLEASE
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 00:20:49 -0800
Smit Charity Foundation
Ikoyi Lagos.

Attn:

My name is Dr. Andy Chike, Senior Board of Trustee Smith Charity
Organization. This mail might come to you as a surprise since I do not you
and you do not know me, but I have a proposal to put before you.

Before I proceed, I would like to explain some relevant facts to you.
Before this mail got to you, I have sent out several proposals of this
nature to foreigners, non Africans, but I received negative response. So
I took it upon me to carry out investigation, I found out that certain
junior officials of this organization and bank had gotten wind of this
proposal and were using it to swindle people of their money without
successfully fulfilling the real aim of the transaction.

I then swung into action and have taken another step to ensure that
this act is stopped and only genuine officials capable to execute a
transaction of this magnitude to a successful conclusion were selected. To
this effect, the transaction has been registered with a particular lawyer
who will handle the whole event based on legal pursuit.

Now the proposal is thus: With due sense of responsibility, I don't
know how far you are related to Mr. Smith family an Arab Oil
consultant/contractor with the Shell Petroleum Company? He died on board with the
Swiss air Flight 111, which crashed into the Atlantic off Nova Scotia in
September 2nd 1998.

The plane crash was in the news. My Organization will be grateful to
entrust some fund in your account custody belonging to the deceased. He
had a (Fixed) Deposit account with First City Monument Bank Plc valued
at US$17,500,000.00 (Seventeen Million Five hundred thousand Dollars).
Ever since then, a routine notification has been sent several times to
me by the contract Employee, Shell Petroleum Company to activate the
account since the deceased made a declaration of inheritance to the
Organization.

But, I have this fear of been hunted by the public if I venture get
this money to my Organization account and the management of the First City
Monument Bank Plc is already sending RED alert to confiscate the fund
by the end of this quarter, since the interest is being rolled over
with the principal sum for many years. Please, I want you to stand in as
the relative or next of Kin to the deceased even if you are not related
to him. I will immediately employ the service of her lawyer to notarize
the WILL to your name and forward to the bank all necessary documents
for the transfer.

I knew this will sound strange and surprising, even with lots of doubt
and distrust in your heart. But still, I need you help to secure this
found out of the bank and invest wisely in your country. Just name your
prize for this assistance; 50/50 is acceptable to me. I have to save
the fruits of the old man's labor before it get to the hands of this
corrupt selfish people with their nefarious deeds, whose interest is to
confiscate this fund.

As soon as you consent to this request, with proof of your seriousness
and sincerity to do business with me without betrayal, because you are
at the receiving end promising not to elope with the money which is of
mutual benefit to both of us. I will consult the Bank for the mode of
payment which is optional.

Looking forward to your urgent anticipation to this offer.

Regards
Dr. Andy Chike
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Jakumo(m): 6:07am On Feb 04, 2008
As a matter of principle and policy, I generally tend to disagree with anything said by the Big Bee, but his observation here about the disproportionate representation of Nigerian Igbo men in the 419 fraud crime wave is a simple matter of fact that can easily be verified by entering into correspondence with any number of internet 419 scam artists, and then encourageing the would-be scammers to leave VOICE MAIL messages at a decoy phone number traceable to the US or western Europe.

Before you even begin to conduct this experiment, rest assured you will discover that VIRTUALLY ALL the 419 artists that leave messages on that decoy phone number [size=14pt]WILL BE NIGERIAN IGBOS,[/size] with strong, unmistakable spoken English accents to confirm that tribal origin, irrespective of where in the world they happen to be currently resident.

The conclusions you draw from this indisputable statistical fact are entirely your own choice. I have drawn mine.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by romeo(m): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2008
Jakumo:

As a matter of principle and policy, I generally tend to disagree with anything said by the Big Bee, but his observation here about the disproportionate representation of Nigerian Igbo men in the 419 fraud crime wave is a simple matter of fact that can easily be verified by entering into correspondence with any number of internet 419 scam artists, and then encourageing the would-be scammers to leave VOICE MAIL messages at a decoy phone number traceable to the US or western Europe.

Before you even begin to conduct this experiment, rest assured you will discover that VIRTUALLY ALL the 419 artists that leave messages on that decoy phone number [size=14pt]WILL BE NIGERIAN IGBOS,[/size] with strong, unmistakable spoken English accents to confirm that tribal origin, irrespective of where in the world they happen to be currently resident.

The conclusions you draw from this indisputable statistical fact are entirely your own choice. I have drawn mine.

I am sure that you're a real Jackumo-ass!! What kind of heavy accent is that? a Nigerian telling me that another Nigerian has a heavy accent is like a pot calling a kettle black, and your tribe has a light accent? Bullshit!! stereotyping at it's peak

You disagreed with what BIGB1 said but you turned around and supported him in a more frivolous way. Be a man and tell me your tribe let me bring out their crimes for you
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by youngies(m): 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2008
I am just very curious why the western media is also not providing us with the statistics of the 419 victims. Why are they sheilding them? Don't you think it will be interesting to also know the country that ranks highest in "419 victims"

Afterall in the eyes of the law there is no diference between a thief and the person who receives a stolen property. It takes two to tango.

@jakumo
Any time you point one finger at somebody, be rest assured that three other fingers are pointing at you.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Colonial:
Thanks for the post.

Dr. Andy Chike" <c_ade222@myway.com>  Add Mobile Alert 
Subject: URGENT ANSWER NEEDED PLEASE
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 00:20:49 -0800
    Smit Charity Foundation
Ikoyi Lagos.

Here we go again; guys, let us all send "URGENT" messages to Dr. Andy Chike, and let him know what we think about him.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Colonia(m): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2008
more letters

Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:13:46 -0200 (ARST)
Subject: From Mrs. Jewel Howard Charles Taylor(Please, I need your help)
From: "JEWEL HOWARD TAYLOR" <jewelhowardcharlestaylor1@hotmail.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

--
PHONE: +27 78 235 2915
E-Mail: charlestaylorjr1067@hotmail.com

CONFIDENCIAL BUSINESS ASSISTANCE

Attn: Sir /madam,

I cannot imagine the surprise this will bring to you, But please be rest assured is with good faith and intention from a family in dare need of your assistance to help us transfer the inheritance sum of (US$10 million) TEN MILLION US DOLLARS, into your account or company’s account, in which God will bless you for rendering a helping hand to others.

My name is MRS. JEWEL CHARLES TAYLOR, the wife of FORMER LIBERIA President. Before my husband was arrested, he had taken me on the 15th AUGUST 2004 to deposit the sum of US$ I0m (TEN MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) With a security and finance company based in South Africa for safe keeping as if he for saw the looming danger that is coming on him.

This money was deposited in a metal sealed box as a consignment labeled 'FAMILY TREASURE: with the security company

My only son, CHARLES TAYLOR JR. and I have meet and agreed after consulting financial expert who humbly advice us that the best way for realizing and safe guarding this fund without South Africa authority being after the money or the knowledge of Present LIBERIA government who has tactically frozen my Family’s wealth, hence the need to involve a foreigner.

My HUSBAND was arrested in CAMEROOM border when he was running for his dear life as the whole world has communicated through BBC, CNN that the former President OF LIBERIA has been arrested and he is currently facing trial in NETHERLANDS, EUROPE.

My reason of contacting you is based on the above stated fact: I am saddle with the responsibility of seeking a genuine foreign account where the money could be transferred upon redeemed from the security company.

I want to affect the transfer of the fund in a beautiful country where people will not know us and for good investment. Please, if you are interested in helping me to secure this money morally and financially, we will give to you 30% of the total sum, 60% will be for my family's investment in your country while 10% will be used for all expenses that might be Incurred during the process of the transaction.

Do not hesitate to call my SON, JUNIOR TAYLOR, on the above telephone numbers for further directives and clarification of this transaction. I would like you to send me your direct telephone, fax numbers and your e-mail address for easy communication.

Please, contact my son on this email address and phone numbers for further directive: charlestaylorjr1067@hotmail.com : +27 78 235 2915.

For more about this our political satiation, please go through the below website.

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2004/sc8024.doc.htm

Thanks as you will co-operate fully with me.

Yours Sincerely,

MRS. JEWEL CHARLES TAYLOR (For the family).

Mon, 4 Feb 2008 07:32:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: CONGRATULATIONS!!!Your Email Has Won In The CocaCola 2008 Lottery Promotion
From: "bery1thomson@hotmail.com" <bery1thomson@hotmail.com> Add Mobile Alert

Congratulations your email is among the two lucky winners, that
won$2,000,000.00{Two million United State Dollars}Each in the just
concluded draw held to promote South African 2010 World Cup,Sponsored
by
CocaCola British American Tobacco Companies South Africa.for prize
claiming,Call your claiming agent Mr.Gabriel Williams on this phone
number
+27 73 90 81 563 or email him on ag1williams@hotmail.com OR
ag0williams@live.co.za and also provide the following information for
the
processing of your winning fund.

NAME:,
ADDRESS:,
NATIONALITY:,
SEX:,
PHONE/MOBILE:,
FAX:,
COMPANY:,

Your Email Attached to Ticket No: (7YZ206) and ballot No: BT120/A)
Yours Faithfully,

Management.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am MR.SHAO LEU CHENG,It is my pleasure to
write
you in respect of
our Company Wujiang Wanlida Textile Co., Ltd.
Based
No.6 The Third
District Nanshan Road, Shengze, Wujiang City,
Jiangsu Province. China.
We are experts in the sale of Textile materials;
we
export into the
Canada/America and parts Europe.

We are searching for representatives who can
help us
establish a
medium of getting our funds from our
costumers in
these areas as well
as making payments through you to us.

Please if interested in transacting business in
view
helping us, so
our clients
could make payment to you being a
representative for
us we will be
very glad and compensations will be given and
as
well as other
benefits.

Subject to your satisfaction you will be given the
opportunity to
negotiate your mode of which we will pay for
your
services as our
representative/agent in Canada, America, and
Europe.
You can view our
products at: http://wanlidatex.en.alibaba.com/
If
interested forward
information below to us via Email:
wujiangtextile001@yahoo.com.cn

1.FULL NAMES: 2.RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS:
3.SEX: 4.AGE:
5.PHONE NUMBER: 6.FAX NUMBER(IF ANY):
7.OCCUPATION: 8.COMPANY NAME:
9.COMPANY ADDRESS: 10.NATIONALITY:
11.PRESENT COUNTRY: &am p;nb sp;
12.STATE/PROVINCE:
13.Zip Code:

Note that no form of payment will be requested
upfront in this
endeavor.
On our receipt of the above details we shall
forward
to our
customer/clients to immediately contact you with
the
mode of payment.

Kindest Regards,
MR.SHAO LEU CHENG, Mr BRENT (esq)

Company Directors.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Jakumo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2008
romeo:

I am sure that you're a real Jackumo-ass!! What kind of heavy accent is that? a Nigerian telling me that another Nigerian has a heavy accent is like a pot calling a kettle black, and your tribe has a light accent? Bullshit!! stereotyping at it's peak

Be a man and tell me your tribe let me bring out their crimes for you

Romeo would it make you happy if I claimed to be of Igbo descent ?

After all, one of the senior contributors at the 419eater.com scam-busting is an Igbo man who is FED UP with the antics of his own tribesemen, and therefore uses his fluency in Igbo language as one of many tools deployed to frustrate the efforts of largely Igbo 419 scam practitioners, and to even turn some of them in to law enforcement officials all over the world.

Again I repeat my question.  If I were in fact an Igbo person, would I then be entitled to identify English spoken with an Igbo regional accent ?   And as an Igbo person, would I be permitted to discuss the almost exclusive involvement of Igbos in 419 letter writing ?   Or would you then simply turn around and call me a traitor to my own race for daring to expose the truth ?

Finally if I personally happen to converse in English with a pronounced Igbo accent, would you not consider me capable of identifying the tribal origin of OTHER Nigerians based ENTIRELY on the intonation with which they speak the English language ?
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by folahann(m): 4:24pm On Feb 04, 2008
But ermmm why are there so many spams being sent to Colonia
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2008
Again, this has nothing to do directly with Colonial; these bastards email out thousands of fake scam letters on a daily basis without knowing who the receivers may be.

In fact, my friend you could be the next on the list for this month!
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2008
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:13:46 -0200 (ARST)
Subject: From Mrs. Jewel Howard Charles Taylor(Please, I need your help)
From: "JEWEL HOWARD TAYLOR" <[b]jewelhowardcharlestaylor1@hotmail.com
> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
--
PHONE: +27 78 235 2915
E-Mail: charlestaylorjr1067@hotmail.com [/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon, 4 Feb 2008 07:32:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: CONGRATULATIONS!!!Your Email Has Won In The CocaCola 2008 Lottery Promotion
From: "bery1thomson@hotmail.com" <bery1thomson@hotmail.com> Add Mobile Alert

____--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call your claiming agent Mr.Gabriel Williams on this phone
number
+27 73 90 81 563 or email him on ag1williams@hotmail.com OR
ag0williams@live.co.za

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view our
products at: http://wanlidatex.en.alibaba.com/
If
interested forward
information below to us via Email:
wujiangtextile001@yahoo.com.cn

Let these bastards know how you feel!
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by romeo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2008
Jakumo:

After all, one of the senior contributors at the 419eater.com scam-busting is an Igbo man who is FED UP with the antics of his own tribesemen, and therefore uses his fluency in Igbo language as one of many tools deployed to frustrate the efforts of largely Igbo 419 scam practitioners, and to even turn some of them in to law enforcement officials all over the world.

Again I repeat my question. If I were in fact an Igbo person, would I then be entitled to identify English spoken with an Igbo regional accent ? And as an Igbo person, would I be permitted to discuss the almost exclusive involvement of Igbos in 419 letter writing ? Or would you then simply turn around and call me a traitor to my own race for daring to expose the truth ?

Finally if I personally happen to converse in English with a pronounced Igbo accent, would you not consider me capable of identifying the tribal origin of OTHER Nigerians based ENTIRELY on the intonation with which they speak the English language ?

I am tired of all these your "IF I" you filled your post with angry, i asked you a simple favour of telling me your tribe and you are here telling me "if i were an igbo man" bullshit.

Tell me your tribe and don't be a coward
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Germannig: 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2008
Jakumo:

Again I repeat my question. If I were in fact an Igbo person, would I then be entitled to identify English spoken with an Igbo regional accent ? And as an Igbo person, would I be permitted to discuss the almost exclusive involvement of Igbos in 419 letter writing ? Or would you then simply turn around and call me a traitor to my own race for daring to expose the truth ?

The use of the phrase ''largely Igbo'' is my only concern with the above giberrish

Whereas this is the figment of your own warped, jaundiced imagination, since you do not have any tangible evidence to corroborate your claim, it will be grand to remind you that Igbos have been largely involved in all of the good things that have ever hapenned to Nigeria. I will refrain from reminding you of these things, because they are all well known.

Again, the question is, who are the most wanted Nigerians, according to the EFCC website?
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by hotfunmi(f): 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2008
by jakumo

Before you even begin to conduct this experiment, rest assured you will discover that VIRTUALLY ALL the 419 artists that leave messages on that decoy phone number WILL BE NIGERIAN IGBOS, with strong, unmistakable spoken English accents to confirm that tribal origin, irrespective of where in the world they happen to be currently resident.

Thank you for your conclusion, but your survey is filled with errors and anti ibo sentiments. If the phone number of all you investigated belongs to the ibos according to you, that will cancel the 10% hausa and 20 % yoruba involved in 419 or are you disagreeing with B1?

The truth is that we are equally yoked in this 419 business according to our population and it seems that most Nigerians just love to commit crime(no apologies abeg) because we were known for drug business in the 80's and early 90's before this 419 thing started. I am sure that after the era of 419, we will come up with another like kidnapping or assasination. I formerly thought that economic hardship is the cause but what about the Nigerians living abroad and are well qualified to get jobs instead they turn to 419?

The media is not helping us out too, the Italians have the mafia which incooperates everything ranging from prostitution to murder but the media is more merciful on them than Nigerians.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by hotfunmi(f): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2008
By B1
Here we go again; guys, let us all send "URGENT" messages to Dr. Andy Chike, and let him know what we think about him.
Because the name listed above is an ibo name does not mean the scam artist is ibo. Common guys, this is the internet and it's only a fool that will put a name that can be traced back to him/her on scam mails, if you believe those names, you can as well believe the emails that came with Charles Taylor as Taylor himself. Be rest assured that most of these people that jump up an down against 419 on this thread may not be totally free from it, that is the internet for you or don't you think we have some of them here?
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by hotfunmi(f): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2008
By romeo
I like what you're trying to do but you started in a wrong note

whateva! was it not you or your ibo brother on the other thread talking about yorubas and their kingship in African drug cartel? What is more damning than that especially when you have nothing to prove it except few names of few people caught that you are not even sure they are yorubas.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Gbosko: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Romeo,

It's quite strange. Since when has refusal to disclose tribe been a sign of cowardice. You smell like someone whose sense of ethnicity is quite bleeped up. Watcha back man! This nigger hates tribalists angry!!
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by hotfunmi(f): 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2008
Thank you Gbosko.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by Jakumo(m): 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2008
Romeo you will no doubt be saddened to hear that I am indeed an Aba-made Igbo man who speaks English with a pronounced Igbo accent and offers kolanuts to visitors, therefore I deem myself adequately qualified to comment on the characteristics of ethnic intonation in the spoken English of any Nigerian person, regardless of tribe.

To return to the subject of whether the MAJORITY of 419 criminals are Igbo Nigerians, try this 2-step exercise sometime :

1.  REGISTER at 419eater.com so as to gain access to the AUDIO ARCHIVES which consist of MANY HOURS of recorded phone conversations and voice-mail messages featuring 419 conmen trying their damnedest to separate victims from their money.

2. LISTEN TO THE SPOKEN ENGLISH ACCENTS of those NIGERIAN internet fraud artists in the audio archives of the 419eater.com  website, and then IF you have spent ANY time growing up amongst Nigerians, tell me if you can identify one, YES, ONE, recorded voice in that entire audio database whose spoken English accent is NOT that of a proud BORN AND RAISED Igbo man.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by hotfunmi(f): 9:36pm On Feb 04, 2008
Romeo you will no doubt be saddened to hear that I am indeed an Aba-made Igbo man who speaks English with a pronounced Igbo accent and offers kolanuts to visitors, therefore I deem myself adequately qualified to comment on the characteristics of ethnic intonation in the spoken English of any Nigerian person, regardless of tribe.

To return to the subject of whether the MAJORITY of 419 criminals are Igbo Nigerians, try this 2-step exercise sometime :

1. REGISTER at 419eater.com so as to gain access to the AUDIO ARCHIVES which consist of MANY HOURS of recorded phone conversations and voice-mail messages featuring 419 conmen trying their damnedest to separate victims from their money.

2. LISTEN TO THE SPOKEN ENGLISH ACCENTS of those NIGERIAN internet fraud artists in the audio archives of the 419eater.com website, and then IF you have spent ANY time growing up amongst Nigerians, tell me if you can identify one, YES, ONE, recorded voice in that entire audio database whose spoken English accent is NOT that of a proud BORN AND RAISED Igbo man.
That does not make you an ibo man. at least write a constructive argument on your premise because it's flawed just like romeo and his ibo friends claim yoruba people are drug barons. May be you are one of those that started that rumour.
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by romeo(m): 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2008
hotfunmi:

whateva! was it not you or your ibo brother on the other thread talking about yorubas and their kingship in African drug cartel? What is more damning than that especially when you have nothing to prove it except few names of few people caught that you are not even sure they are yorubas.

Please girl you're becoming too hot for me to handle!! post a link to my post suggesting that Yorubas are drug dealers!!

Gbosko:

@Romeo,

It's quite strange. Since when has refusal to disclose tribe been a sign of cowardice. You smell like someone whose sense of ethnicity is quite bleeped up. Watcha back man! This nigger hates tribalists angry!!

Abeg run away from here before i descend on you coward!! why do you have to tell me that with a different ID?
I am a tribalist when people attack my tribe for no reason

Jakumo:

1. REGISTER at 419eater.com so as to gain access to the AUDIO ARCHIVES which consist of MANY HOURS of recorded phone conversations and voice-mail messages featuring 419 conmen trying their damnedest to separate victims from their money.

2. LISTEN TO THE SPOKEN ENGLISH ACCENTS of those NIGERIAN internet fraud artists in the audio archives of the 419eater.com website, and then IF you have spent ANY time growing up amongst Nigerians, tell me if you can identify one, YES, ONE, recorded voice in that entire audio database whose spoken English accent is NOT that of a proud BORN AND RAISED Igbo man.

kedu ihe i na ekwu? i bughi onye igbo, mana o buru na i bu onye igbo achorom ka iwere igbo dere m ihe ebea
that's your igbo test and don't tell me i did not grow up in igboland or that i can't write igbo

It's only Aba made igbos like (supposedly you are one) you that may speak with strong accents

hotfunmi:

That does not make you an ibo man. at least write a constructive argument on your premise because it's flawed just like romeo and his ibo friends claim yoruba people are drug barons. May be you are one of those that started that rumour.

I am still asking for a link to that or you apologise for that
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by romeo(m): 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2008
Jakumo:

Odeku I will add a twist to your question about why Nigerians seem to gravitate to internet scamming, by also asking why it is that NDIGBO boys from the south-eastern part of Nigeria are so disproportionately over-represented among the ranks of Nigerian internet scammers.

Curious to hear the voices of those who daily flood my email inbox with scam letters, I took the time a little while back to communicate with a few hundred of them by mass-mailed replies, supplying a decoy phone number where they could leave voice-mail messages for me. To my astonishment, EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE of the respondents I listened to on my voice-mail tapes spoke English with the UNMISTAKABLE intonation of a home-raised Igbo man. I found no exceptions to that rule and I wondered, as I do now, why practically all of those perpetrating Nigerian 419 internet scams are of Igbo tribal extraction. Can anyone shed any light ?

Jakumo that was 2005 you said that shit about igbos and you're still on it

jakumoass you're a hater and haters don't go far in life
Re: 419 And Nigerian Ethnicities by BigB11(m): 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2008
Romeo:

First, Jakumo is not my cup of tea, but I don't see why he should be called a hater. I do not see what is there for the man to hate. The only thing we should all be hating is the 419ers.
The man (Jakumo) has done his homework to the best of his ability; the best you, Romeo could do at this point is to prove him wrong.

The Igbos should fight for their tribe by vigorously denouncing and decoding the 419ers within the circle, the Yorubas should do the same while the Hausas should also follow.

We all despise the manner which our great image is being dragged on the floor, and our goal should be focusing on fighting this demons together.

FYI: Nigerian businesses all over the world are severely suffering while decent jobs are very difficult to get lately; all because of the greedy unGodly pigs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

House Of Reps To Hold Valedictory Session Thursday / What City And State Is This? / OH MY GOD SEE THE VIDEO OF DANGOTE REFINERY THIS IS TIMES 8 OF VICTORIA ISLAND .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.