Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Taraba - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Taraba (26202 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / 2013 Corpers Posted To Taraba / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by uniqueoge(m): 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Plz how far is Taraba state from onitsha in Anambra state,

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
He like say na only u dey here oooo..... Search for corpers in Taraba Nairaland on google & view the post of the previous pple posted there,
I got posted to Katsina, did same yesterday & contacted them via there mail, av gotten lots of encouraging responses
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by looking4u: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Oge I am posted to taraba as well, I stay in awka n I shall be departing from there...pls here is my contact number...08036994226 n my BB pin is 2983e364. We can leave 2geda, I will actuali be comin 2 osha 2moro
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by uniqueoge(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
Thanx my dear, am stil in school OAU, but wil be comin to osha 2moro, wen are u planning to go? I will call u as soon as am out. Thanx for ur care.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by CrazyMan(m): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
uniqueoge: Plz how far is Taraba state from onitsha in Anambra state,
Just go to upper-iweka new park...I'm sure they would direct you to where you can get a bus going to Taraba state, and of course the length of the journey.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Bamibor: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
I heard it's about 10hours from onitsha...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Bamibor: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
Helo everyone, I was also posted to Taraba and I plan to go from Onitsha on monday morning...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by uniqueoge(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2012
How possible is it to redeploy? Am posted to Taraba state, and want to redeploy to Enugu. Plz what is the pocess or the requirement
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by tyswag001: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Wen do bus leave from onistha?pls ℓ̊ want to cum from enugu to pick a bus their?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by functions(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
t
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Alert360(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2012
I based in jalingo,4 dos goin 2 jalingo frm enugu take motor frm 9th mile nd straight to jalingo,if u dont know wea 2 stay reach me nd i will help u....i work in enugu bt on break in jalingo my home state

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by kenlash: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
I served in taraba, I'd advice u guys to leave on monday. Its a long journey from osha like 12-14 hrs
. Use guo or ifesinachi goin to yola but dey leave by 1pm in d aafternoon. Or u can follow d nyte bus at luxurious park hoping to arrive d next morning
. As at 2010 dere was no direct vehicle from osha to jalingo but I dnt knw of nw. D earlier u get to camp d less stressful it is. Wishing u all d best. Its a nice plce
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by OySxo(f): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Well , v read all comments , m a batch B corper dt was posted to taraba and from OAU too. Presently , m in ilorin nau cos I redployed dere .
Taraba orientatn camp was quite cool , funny man o war guys n camp coordinator hs a special accent , doe state cordinator d woman is quite difficult undecided.
So sure redployment wasn't easy at all, buh me n ma friends scaled thru .
So enjoy ur stay , club @ club zero , eat from iya jesha in d maami mrkt and catch ur fun too d fullest , cos camp experience is the only interestn tng abt serving .
And about the transprtatn ish , I travelled from lag thru cross country wit other corpers , its gng t take u stra8 to the camp, n yea taraba is very very very far wink.
So please do not evn tnk of stayn behind , ma frnds wo did , regret today.
So nytn u all nid abt informatn on redployment and all . U cn always talk t me here . Hv a safe trip !!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by laurel03(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
i served in taraba but the state is far behind development,they have 16 local govt...i think six out of the lg hv electricity just make sure u work ur place of pry assignment to wukari, takum or jalingo that is the only better place to serve in taraba but if they send you to gembu o boy u will hate urself. wukari and takum is ok because they are close to benue and they are christian. that is why dr gov is using plane and helipcoter even no light in is local govt {bali}.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by tyswag001: 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
Pls wen do nite bus leave and wen can ℓ̊ pick ma tickt,ℓ̊ will be go to osha to board ma bus.ℓ̊ don't want dey park cum d wait for nite bus.mak ℓ̊ sleep wells
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by kenlash: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
tyswag001: Pls wen do nite bus leave and wen can ℓ̊ pick ma tickt,ℓ̊ will be go to osha to board ma bus.ℓ̊ don't want dey park cum d wait for nite bus.mak ℓ̊ sleep wells
nite bus moves from 8 nd d park is luxurious park
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Kzea: 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Am a batch c corper posted 2 taraba. ℓ̊ finished I̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊ kwara poly.and am going with some guys I̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊ unilorin.some shld pls share us more experience
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by laurel03(m): 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
from ilorin to makurdi or gboko in benue from there you will join jalingo car
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by philipstanley(m): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
MAY GOD GRANT U SAFE JOURNEY 2 TARABA (NATURE'S GIFT 2 DE NATION). I PROMISE U, U WILL NEVA REGREAT BEING IN TARABA

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by eosunde: 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hello guys,my name is Ralph and u new corp members will definitely meet me when you come over to diamond bank to open ur allowance account.
Let me give you all a little guide on how to come to taraba from some major locations.
If u r coming from lagos,simply go to Ido park and join either fairplus buses or Sakore buses,they come straight to taraba and the fair is 8k and they leave lagos as early as 6am to 7 am, or call collins on 08034649284 to give u directions on how to locate the park.
If you live in benin,asaba and onitsha,then the services of this luxury buses Ifesinachi,GUO,Gold,Ezenwata and The young shall grow,is your best bet as theyvcome straight to jalingo and yola from up eweka,other than these buses, others are riketty and may take you up to 2days or more to come. Over to jalingo.
Please i would advice against night trips as the activities of the king of the night has greatly increased due to the ember months.
For corp members in enugu there is a taraba park opposite radio nigeria and another at nite-mile.
If you are coming from Aba and port harcourt axis,fairplus is your best bet as they come straight to Taraba.
I hope this helps......for further enquiries,just leave your message on the thread and i will surely be handy to help out.
Safe trip to you all please pray for journey mercies as the least time to cover from all location is about 9hrs.
One love!!!

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by eosunde: 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
Buses from Onitsha: departure time for morning buses are 6.45am so you can either book ahead of time or go very early.but onitsha in itself is very dangerous so be careful too.
night buses leave as from 12noon to 4pm but you will arrive taraba the next morning
Safe trip
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by captainxero: 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
I served in taraba!nd I stayed dere for a whole year!camp was fun @ government college jalingo.taraba state is very very very very very far nd its not a lie!I left from lagos with the young shall grow nd d journey was smooth!it took us 2days 2 get dere cos we slept @ gboko den cont d journey d next day!u wld get 2 party nd drink @ club zero or eat @ iya ijesha.listen 2 obs radio!I ws lucky I got posted 2 jalingo my frnds were not lucky tho cos dey were posted into d bush where dere is no network nd electricity!like lau,takum,zing,nd the worst place of all gbembu which is 9hrs from jalingo!highest point in nigeria nd d coldest place 2!anyway taraba is a peacefull state buh I must confess very underdeveloped!yall shld enjoy camp with d funny soldeirs nd RMS!!God b with yall!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by seantemple(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
If you have phobia for night journeys and you wish to get to Taraba State from any part of this Country, it is easier going through Abuja. Taraba to Abuja is 9hrs, and you wiLl have enough time to rest, there is less risk and stress. Avoidnnight journeys as much as possible.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Closetoheart: 2:02am On Nov 05, 2012
uniqueoge: Plz how far is Taraba state from onitsha in Anambra state,

12 hrs (max)

I served in taraba 2008/09 batch a. Make sure u av enof money for food. Their food at d camp is notdependable. If u re yoruba, u don't av any problem regarding food because "mama ijesha" is @ mammy market. Ibo food sellers were there too, but I didn't really explore them. Another thing is that there is no good toilet @ the camp. Be prepared for "shot put".
In all, be extremely vigilant n safety conscious, and pls don't forget to take with u mosquito net.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Closetoheart: 2:05am On Nov 05, 2012
kenlash: I served in taraba, I'd advice u guys to leave on monday. Its a long journey from osha like 12-14 hrs
. Use guo or ifesinachi goin to yola but dey leave by 1pm in d aafternoon. Or u can follow d nyte bus at luxurious park hoping to arrive d next morning
. As at 2010 dere was no direct vehicle from osha to jalingo but I dnt knw of nw. D earlier u get to camp d less stressful it is. Wishing u all d best. Its a nice plce
There are direct buses from onitsha to jalingo, luxury buses. I boarded one of dem when I served there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 05, 2012
I served in Taraba. The camp is lovely, Mama Ijesha food joint and Maami market is fun too cos of much shayo. Wukari, Takum,Jalingo is the best LG. I was posted to Gembu (9hrs Journey from Jalingo), the road is bad after Gashaka (the car will have to climb a hill, very dangerous road) and Gembu is very cold. Though, i redeployed to Lagos then but it was fun cos i enjoyed myself in Gembu cos of the friendly weather and clubbing is fun in Gembu. Enjoy your stay there. God bless!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Tunjman(m): 9:44am On Nov 05, 2012
I served in taraba in 2008/2009. We were 6 posted to the state in my department and we all agreed to move together but, unfortunately, we could not co-ordinate ourselves as some settled for flight instead of the road transport we earlier agreed to use.

Myself and one other colleague decided to leave together and we made jibowu our meeting point. The camp was scheduled to open on Monday and having known taraba to be a long distant, we left Lagos on saturday. At jibowu, we joined a night bus to onitsha. We got to onitsha in the morning and booked another bus to Adamawa because, there wasn't straight bus to Jalingo.

The hours spent within Benue State alone was enough to travel to some states from Lagos and return that same day. For the first time, I saw the river benue, passed through katsina-ala, gboko, makurdi and wukari (yam market). A long journey though, i have never traveled that long distant by road in my entire life as my feet got swollen as a result of sitting all day.

We arrived Jalingo late in the night and everywhere was quiet, all we could see were achaba riders (commercial okada riders)and each of us waved down one to convey us to the family house. I wasn't too lucky as my luggage was too heavy for the bike man to move at a fast pace.Others with light luggage left me behind and the bike man (an hausa guy who doesn't understand english) took me to taraba state NYSC secretariat instead but, luckily for me, we met someone who spoke to him in hausa to take me to the family house.

The family house was (don't know if it is still) an uncompleted building with a church beside it. It has rooms both for ladies and guys.Corps members on ground received us and gave us where to put all our belongings.Brought out my waste bag,my bucket (i brought it from Lagos) and my torch, got some water and took a shower.After the shower, i retired to the room i shared with some other guys and for the first time,i passed the night in far away taraba.

We woke up very early the next day, freshened up and we all headed to the camp. At the entrance,we were all asked to put all our luggage on the head and from that period, i knew i was in for it.

(to be continued)

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by mastroesco(m): 5:24am On Nov 06, 2012
Oy Sxo: Well , v read all comments , m a batch B corper dt was posted to taraba and from OAU too. Presently , m in ilorin nau cos I redployed dere .
Taraba orientatn camp was quite cool , funny man o war guys n camp coordinator hs a special accent , doe state cordinator d woman is quite difficult undecided.
So sure redployment wasn't easy at all, buh me n ma friends scaled thru .
So enjoy ur stay , club @ club zero , eat from iya jesha in d maami mrkt and catch ur fun too d fullest , cos camp experience is the only interestn tng abt serving .
And about the transprtatn ish , I travelled from lag thru cross country wit other corpers , its gng t take u stra8 to the camp, n yea taraba is very very very far wink.
So please do not evn tnk of stayn behind , ma frnds wo did , regret today.
So nytn u all nid abt informatn on redployment and all . U cn always talk t me here . Hv a safe trip !!!

Your friend who friend who stayed behind regret it?? Well that's then am batch b 2012. Am in Wukari LG. Am enjoying myself. Many of my friends who re deployed are soo regretting it.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by alyarmouk(m): 8:18am On Nov 06, 2012
I servd in Lamma,Zing LGA, Taraba state, to all prospective taraba kopa, going to camp to spend the first three weeks, u dnt need to carry much load bcus u wudnt need them during ur 3wks in camp..just ur white's(shoes, shorts n shirts) n maybe few sunday church n homy wears. secondly taraba is quite far from anambra, because from wukari(in taraba...which u must pass through to Jalingo) is roughly 4-5 hours..so i mostly do night journey with luxury buses because believe me it was safer n u wld have time to prepare with daylight n do what others are doing.
i bet ur gona enjoy ur trip n stay because its gna be fun...buh if u want to get early u can board a bus going to adamawa and stop at jalingo..which is even faster and better. wish u well.
but dont get posted to Gembu oo(sardauna LGA) CUZ DATZ ANOTHER 12 HOURS FROM JALINGO..STILL IN THE SAME STATE.
goodluck
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 08, 2012
alyarmouk: I servd in Lamma,Zing LGA, Taraba state, to all prospective taraba kopa, going to camp to spend the first three weeks, u dnt need to carry much load bcus u wudnt need them during ur 3wks in camp..just ur white's(shoes, shorts n shirts) n maybe few sunday church n homy wears. secondly taraba is quite far from anambra, because from wukari(in taraba...which u must pass through to Jalingo) is roughly 4-5 hours..so i mostly do night journey with luxury buses because believe me it was safer n u wld have time to prepare with daylight n do what others are doing.
i bet ur gona enjoy ur trip n stay because its gna be fun...buh if u want to get early u can board a bus going to adamawa and stop at jalingo..which is even faster and better. wish u well.
but dont get posted to Gembu oo(sardauna LGA) CUZ DATZ ANOTHER 12 HOURS FROM JALINGO..STILL IN THE SAME STATE.
goodluck

Gembu is not 12hrs. I served in Gembu, its 7-8 hours from Jalingo. The weather in Gembu is the best and there is no much stress for corpers there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Taraba by vanchi(m): 7:06am On Mar 01, 2013
Taraba 2013 batch a where una dey ooh. No be only me go dey camp na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corps Member In Ogun State Missing For 3 Days / Let's Have Your Complaints And Suggestions / NYSC: What You Need To Know About Rivers State Orientation Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.