Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates (6091 Views)

Turkur Buratai Visits Obiano - Photos / Idris Wada Of PDP Begins Campaign (Photos) / Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by MrGlobe(m): 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is strongly fancying its chances in the next governorship polls in Anambra State. Indications are rife that the party members are anxiously looking ahead to the inauguration of a new administration in Anambra in 2014 to succeed the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

In the meantime, state PDP has told the PDP national chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur to be wary of those it described as “briefcase politicians.” According to them, “this class of members and non-members alike, and has no real political value or essence and therefore cannot contribute any tangible thing to the fortunes of the party in the state whatsoever.”

Addressing the PDP delegates at its mid-term state congress at the Emmaus House, Awka auditorium yesterday, the state chairman, Prince Ken Emeakayi whose executive was re-elected, stated they have taken the task of re-positioning, refocusing and repackaging the party for future challenges.

The chairman cautioned the party’s national leadership to avoid the mistakes of the past, which eroded the overwhelming popularity and successes of the party in the state and the South East. This, he noted was as a result of listening to self-imposed elders, leaders, stakeholders, sponsors, conveners and or such high-sounding empty names who serves no proper use to the collective interest of the party.

The state chairman charged all elected ward and council executives to work hard to return the party to its winning ways in the next round of elections in the state and turn the party’s fortunes around in future elections. He also urged them to disregard any form of distraction from opponents on the direction the party is going in the state, stressing that all the parties in the state are facing different challenges.

According to him, “even the ruling party in the state, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), the Labour Party (LP), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and the Accord Party (AP) are all having one kind of crisis or another.”

To clear the air on the legitimacy of his executive, Emeakayi said that his executive emerged when the former chairman, Chief Emma Nweze resigned on July 15, 2011. He noted that since the inauguration of the executive it has been a battle to liberate the grassroots from the hands of the ‘briefcase politicians’ who he claimed had held the party hostage.

He also noted that attempts by some politicians to discredit his executive have come to naught, adding that two separate verdicts from the court affirmed the legitimacy of his executive. According to him, “there has not been any appeal against any of the rulings and the party headquarters, the Police and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were formally informed on the midterm ward, council and state congresses, without objection.”

One of the re-elected officers, Chief Umeakuka said that all the camps and blocs currently holding consultative meetings in different places and for different people were welcomed. He admitted they everyone still agrees that the PDP remains the party to beat in the state. He said that in due course all the different political camps would collapse into the state executive to enable it give candidates from other parties a run for their money.

The chairman of the congress committee and one of the founding fathers of the party, Chief Okey Muo-Aroh observed that majority of those now having a stranglehold on the party were never members of the party until recently, “but unfortunately they are now the regular faces in PDP offices and governments.”

He charged the party’s national leadership and the members in the states to ponder on the irrelevance of the ‘briefcase politician’ and where they were when PDP lost the state Government House.

Political heavyweights from the 21 councils of the state attended the congress, which was observed by the security agencies and other relevant bodies.

With the PDP looking to be an early bird ahead the 2014 governorship polls, there was excitement among members who believe that the party might this time reclaim its tenancy of the Government House in Awka. Already some names have been linked with the governorship election. They include the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Oseloka Obaze, Professor Dora Akunyili, Dr Ifeanyi Ubah, Senator Chris Ngige, Chief Willy Obianor, Senator Emma Anosike and Prince Nicholas Ukachukwu. Others are Prof Chukwuma Soludo, Senator Andy Ubah, Chief Goddy Ezeemo and Mr Akachukwu Nwamkpo.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by MrGlobe(m): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by MrGlobe(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
Soludo should get this. #Soludo2014
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by speeder(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
This your article be as e dey.
For the base of the article, u put ''and others include'' d real contestand na them u dey put, ''and others''. U no well
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by MrGlobe(m): 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
speeder: This your article be as e dey.
For the base of the article, u put ''and others include'' d real contestand na them u dey put, ''and others''. U no well
nawa oh, hope poverty is not fast ravaging people mentally in Nigeria. smh
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by takedat(m): 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
@Mr. Globe, I noticed you have a particular disdain for anything Yoruba. Its possible Ngige will contest for this governorship election. Do you think Anambrarians would consider him bearing in mind that ACN is viewed as a tribal party? Honest opinion!
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by danjohn: 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
take dat: @Mr. Globe, I noticed you have a particular disdain for anything Yoruba. Its possible Ngige will contest for this governorship election. Do you think Anambrarians would consider him bearing in mind that ACN is viewed as a tribal party? Honest opinion!

That is a million dollar question.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by MrGlobe(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
take dat: @Mr. Globe, I noticed you have a particular disdain for anything Yoruba. Its possible Ngige will contest for this governorship election. Do you think Anambrarians would consider him bearing in mind that ACN is viewed as a tribal party? Honest opinion!
hot seat. grin
but then Ngige is currently a serving ACN senator, won with ACN against Dora Akunyili with APGA considered an igbo party. We are not tribalists, even though the governor and akunyili raised the fact that ACN is a tribal party, the people voted based on antecedents but honestly as you requested, with the way ACN is going now with their awolowo integration propaganda, I dont see them winning a single seat again in the east.
#Soludo2014

1 Like

Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by Kemy11(m): 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
Waste of precious time if not APGA in Anambra u re wasting ur time
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by AWKAMADEGUN: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
God forbid acn Yoruba party..

We don't want the dirty party in my dearee state of Anambra- the Light of the Nation

They want to siphon Anambra money and hand it over to Tinubo just like they are already doing in the Yoruba states..

1 Like

Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
AWKA_MADE_GUN: God forbid acn Yoruba party..

We don't want the dirty party in my dearee state of Anambra- the Light of the Nation

They want to siphon Anambra money and hand it over to Tinubo just like they are already doing in the Yoruba states..
OALM( Ochi Atogbuo La M) grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
AWKA_MADE_GUN: God forbid acn Yoruba party..

^^^Chino nwanna is that you? undecided undecided

The voice of Jacob but the hand of Esau!
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:39am On Nov 02, 2012
This fight is between Ngige and Soludo.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:40am On Nov 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

I swear! You dey see road wella...lol
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by Ezennaemeka1(m): 6:28am On Nov 02, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: This fight is between Ngige and Soludo.
I don't think you'r from anambra. Let me tell you, nobody on that list that is not an elephant on his own. Behold 2014 will be the battle of the elephants.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by Ekans: 6:37am On Nov 02, 2012
If Anambra people must move forward,then it is either Ngige or Soludo(solution).Others will simply come to embezzle.Igbo people song song ooo.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by strangest(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2012
PDP need to put their house together in Anambra, if they actually need a seat in Anambra.. Apart from that speculation has it that Peter Obi is presenting a candidate already...Vote for the right person with the right frame of mind...
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by ROCKJ1(m): 7:01am On Nov 02, 2012
Ngige's legacy in Anambra lives on. Nobody has been able to break his record. Without rigging, Ngige "onwa" will floor all those other contestants on that list comfortably.

1 Like

Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by kenbee(f): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2012
****misleading caption****
this is just one of the normal PDP routine meetings and nothing so special.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by FrankC3: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2012
Which Ngige? The one that promised to do something that will shake the country?
Soludo it is!! If PDP don't make him their candidate, he should just move to Labour Party and with GEJ's free and fair elections policy, i know he will win. Soludo is the man with the big picture perspective that Anambra needs now.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by rafindo(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2012
it is alarmin how we exalt thief in place of intergity. How can someone steal people mandate be paraded as leader.desperation is writin over him.ibori stole money,ngige stole mandate.a very civil society wil never alow him be voted for again.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by tripleaa: 7:54am On Nov 02, 2012
Akachukwu Nwankpa should have it. His love and work 4 the people of Anambra can only be compared to the love of Ojukwu to the igbos. His foundation have embarked on a massive reconstruction and rehabilitation of flood victims in anambra. He is young and energetic. His love for young people is massive.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by MrGlobe(m): 8:17am On Nov 02, 2012
Kemy11: Waste of precious time if not APGA in Anambra u re wasting ur time
APGA is dead and forgotten in Anambra, peter obi killed their fortunes.

Ifeanyi Ubah is out of the list, he was convicted for fraud.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by Slizbeat(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2012
Let the best man win. Ngige has an unbroken record till date but with the way things are going on with his ACN party, am not really sure he can win it. Soludo has proven himself when he was CBN governor, he doesnt make policies that would affect the average masses. Dora fcukd up a certain time buh she has learned from it. Ifeanyi Uba was convicted so i dont think he can win it. Stella, hmm, i dont really know. Well, let the best man win.

1 Like

Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by salam001(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2012
Ngige all the way,"Onwa",we the good people of Alor town in idemili south l.g.a in Anambra state are so proud of you,and you will get my vote even if you are in a "Yoruba" party or hausa party,"ONWA"
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by FrankC3: 9:43am On Nov 02, 2012
When the time comes, each of the candidates will give us an account of the last offices they held. I wonder what Ngige will have to say.
Soludo is the solution Anambra is looking for. We need a man that thinks with a global perspective, not street manager personalities or pure politicians.
Dora is also credible, but sometimes petty. I don't know if she has outgrown that.
Andy Ubah has not really been tested at an executive level, and despite his bad press, he comes across as likeable but i wonder whether that will gain him the Anambra govt house.
Madam Stella is doing very well, but in my opinion, her presence is very valuable at the FEC. She seem to have the ears of the President and seems intelligent. We need her as one of our pillars for now. Maybe, after Pres Jonathan, she can come home and give it a shot. I wouldn't mind a woman at the helm.
For others, i don't think they are ready for now. They should engage in more community development initiatives by partnering with govt and serving politicians. By so doing, they will build trust and we can validate their passion for the state.
For me, if the election happens today, i will use my money and means to push for Soludo candidacy because i believe he is the solution!!
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by magmegas: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2012
IFEANYI UBA seen as a systematic fraud, cant entrust the state treasury in his care.
ANDY UBAH has image problem,seen as Obasanjo crony, people are wary of him and his bother Chris ubah
STELLA UDUA a political neophyte with no experience at the poll, may end up spending money to no effect.
CHRIS NGIGE his past good record as governor makes him a favorite, has grass root support.
SOLUDO Has what it takes to turn the fortune/economy of the state for the best.Dubai-Taiwan model.
DORA AKUNYILI Accountability,merit,due process is assured, will be better as deputy governor.
N.UKACHUKWU An illiterate, fools people with religion,problems at home front denies him favor, sees politics more as business than service.
OTHERS... Just wanting to be seen and boost their profile 'Former Aspirant' time wasters.

1 Like

Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by marocguy(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
Amd you all forget the zoning thing in Anambra. Forget the headlines, i work in the most influential media house in anambra at the moment. A private radio station based in onitsha, so am not partisan here. I am not from anambra either. My unbiased opinion; The big truth is that things have changed. I feel that Governor Obi WILL still determine who replaces him. He is very smart, has the power and grassroots influence. He has invested a lot in the state too. The last time he came around here, he admitted on air that the governorship is going to Anambra North who have not produced any governor in the state history. Unfortunately, 90% of the popular candidates are not from anamra north. I see Obi picking a CATHOLIC APGA member as obi's replacement. Probably someone in the current cabinet or from past ones like former SSG, Mr Paul Odenigo. You can quote me in 2014. Also watch out for the CATHOLIC i wrote in caps. The catholic church in Anambra has a lot of influence too.
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by salam001(m): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
ROCK-J:
Ngige's legacy in Anambra lives on. Nobody has been able to break his record. Without rigging, Ngige "onwa" will floor all those other contestants on that list comfortably.
Yeah,my brother,you spoke my mind,how i wish i could double-like this your post
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by AWKAMADEGUN: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Hmmmmmmm

Throat sore..
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by okcyggen: 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
......Even if he identifies with Buhari's party, I foresee him settling in again. He's way too "stubborn" to dance to tribal dictates, don't forget he's still a mystery to OBJ till date. No other bbloke but NGIGE; he did it good before n I believe he'd do it better again; u've got ma slot already boss; congrats in advance..!!!
Re: PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates by igboboy1(m): 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2012
berem: OALM( Ochi Atogbuo La M) grin

hehehe nice moniker...O.A.L.M for real

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Will Disqualify Buhari Tomorrow. / Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday / Pasuma Prostrate For Wasiu. The Mugu No Even Acknowledge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.