Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... (10192 Views)

He Parked His Boss's Car Like This And Quit His Job. / Mercedes W203 C230 Kompressor - What Is This Car Like In Nigeria / Is There A Chance That Porsche Cayman 2014 Might Be Keyed Or Scratched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by vascey(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Well mine happened about two months ago. I went to see a friend that was travelling. His house is along a busy road so I had to park in his compound (and the compound had several shops in front).

On coming back to my car, I noticed that a kid had written overlapping 1,1.. from the front bonnet side (on the driver's side) to the back door. It was really terrible. I asked the folks around if there was any kid around who could have done that.

To cut the long story short, they called some little girl and she said her younger sister (about 3 years old) was the culprit. Their mum wasn't around so no one to pour my anger on. I sha cleaned those parts wit brake oil (though the marks are still there).

Anyway, I saw some dude's car on my way to work today and his was like 50 interlocking circles on the driver's side. This guy was driving a corolla 2011. It was terrible. I couldn't help but laugh though as I had seen a kindred victim. And his was even worse than mine.

So has it ever happened to you? What did you do?
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
It's never happened to me.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by azeeza(f): 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Its annoying, especially if d car is brand new.

1 Like

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by kuntash: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2012
Siena: It's never happened to me.

whenever you come to Naija , lets try and hook up and probably drive to Mushin and attempt to park somewhere to take a cool/drink.... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by megxo(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2012
it'll always happen.....som kids wud inscribe bold ABC sef

2 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by AkinDavid2: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2012
Do you mean Kid or Kids..either way if you live in GRA..no yawa but if na.. tongue you know what i'm not saying, forget oo dey will even write to tell you go wash your Car!!
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 02, 2012
My neighbor's kid, dat little girl no go kill me. na 123456789 she dey practice for the body

1 Like

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by meekmk(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2012
I'VE HAD, PLEASE WASH ME.. AND LOTS OF ALPHA NUMERIC VALUES ON MY CAR.. MAYBE DEM THINK SAY I DON FORGET WETIN DEM TEACH US
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Its happened to me last year when the car was just 3yrs old and yes it was bought brand new. My neighbor's kid used a stone to draw circles across the bonnet. I was livid! The mom could only apologize. I had to let it go. The marks are still there as I have refused to do a paint job till that particular child reaches the age of 5yrs at least. tongue Hmmmmft

2 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by eghuan1(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2012
yeah, i remember when i did it to my uncle's friend's car. I used a stone to write on the body of the car and when i realised what i had done i used green paint to try and cover it, the only problem was that the car was brown in colour. My uncle wan kill me.

3 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by double08(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2012
Akin-David:
Do you mean Kid or Kids..either way if you leave in GRA..no yawa but if na.. tongue you know what i'm not saying, forget oo dey will even write to tell you go wash your Car!!

Must they spell everything out for you?? angry It could be a kid or kids,just answer the question or better still keep quiet. It can happen in GRA not everybody living in GRA be ajebutta grin

1 Like

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2012
kuntash: whenever you come to Naija , lets try and hook up and probably drive to Mushin and attempt to park somewhere to take a cool/drink.... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Hell will most likely freeze over, before I make that trip.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2012
And this topic made front page? Which kind topic be this? "How pikin take write A,B,C for car" WTF!

2 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by nagoma(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2012
gboss4sure: My neighbor's kid, dat little girl no go kill me. na 123456789 she dey practice for the body
I had to paint parts of the car only 2 weeks ago, ABC and names of children all over my car because of where I park. They will start again.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by AjanleKoko: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2012
You were even able to identify the kids that did it. Lucky you undecided
It has happened to me way too many times angry
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by KDK(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2012
Well, mine was not just writing but scratching....it seems the culprit used a nail or some sharp object to write the numbers 1- 13...crossing from the luggage end of vehicle to the back door.I simply blessed their innocent hearts.

5 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Boboedom: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2012
Yes it had happened to me. I just came back from the painter after complete body work and visited a friend. It was so painful that I slapped the boy of about 11 who did. I regretted that action but though I was much younger then. But yes it is really painful.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by enuelly: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2012
I had to visit a friend when he was in school living in a rural area and we packed my car and went out for a stroll. My car is black and I suppose those kids thought it was a sweet blackboard different from the one they are used to. They used a crown cork to write the number 2 2 2 2 2 2 so bold if I had seen the kid I wonder what I would have done. This is naija for you oo.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 02, 2012
Happens all the time. I have so many nieces and nephews. I'm used to it and they don't even send me. Why I never cared was because iv done same while I was like them
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Wsdm: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2012
A child wrote JESUS on my new car with a Neil. So bold that it will only disfigure the paint if i make any attempt to clean it. That is how it has been for over a year now. The foney aspect is that i am a Muslim and had placed an Islamic inscription on my wind screen.

7 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by timbros(m): 11:57am On Nov 02, 2012
This reminds me of a hilarious joke i heard from somewhere (most probably fictional sha)...

A man went to see a friend and parked his SUV outside. The car has 4x4 written by the side. A mad man passing by saw the 4x4, came nearer and made his calculations, then using a piece of metal he roughly embossed =16 on the body. The owner, when he came out was so mad with rage on seeing it and the worst part he didnt know who did it.

Another day, after respraying the car, he came to see his friend and parked the car in the same spot again. The mad man passed and saw that the =16 have disappeared. He thought to himself "Who cleaned off this my maths nah?" and he used the piece of metal and scratched =16 again and went off. This time when the owner saw it, he divised a means to avoid it happening again (thinking its little kids that use to write on the car). He now sprayed the car again and went to an artist to print =16 on a sticker which he placed next to the 4x4.

The next time the mad man saw the =16 neatly pasted next to 4x4, he said "ehen! Now you got the answer correctly" and he used the piece of metal to mark a very looong big good, nike style, from the back door to the front door... grin grin ;

29 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by pappilo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
This brings back memories. LMFAO

About 15 years ago, back in the hood, I took my freshly painted 1982 Peugeot 504 to see my friend who lived opposite one of these Jakande primary schools. You know those schools where the classroom walls only go halfway up and you have to carry your chair and desk to school on your head.

After my short visit, I walk out with my friend to see that someone had scribbled ''The boy is going'' on the panel just below the D pillar of my car. I was livid and automatically assumed that it was a student from the school opposite.

In my rage and without thinking through, I asked my friend that we go to the school and try to fish out the culprit. My friend said he was 100% sure the culprit didnt come from the school. I argued with him and said the sentence was something a school child would write and since he lived 10 meters across the road from the school, it only made sense that the culprit more than likely came from the school. My friend replied; No child in that school can write a complete sentence (said in jest whilst bemoaning the poor state of education in such schools)

That made me laugh uncotrollably and I soon forgot about the damage to my car and was shortly on my way after cleaning the tears from eyes which resulted from laughing so hard.

5 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
Some annoying kid wrote OBO with a nail on my Dad's car back home...it was so embarrassing that he had to do a body work that day.... He was so flipping pissed..they even drew a di#k-like figure beside it...

2 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Godsave9ja: 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
Yes i did it when I was a kid, I always use people's car to practice what we learnt from nursery school, I never Knew what that can cause till I bought my own car. There was this 7yrs old boy who used nail to write everybody's name in all the body of my newly honda babyboy.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by pappilo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
sheyie2007: Some annoying kid wrote OBO with a nail on my Dad's car back home...it was so embarrassing that he had to do a body work that day.... He was so flipping pissed..they even drew a di#k-like figure beside it...

LMFAO
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
The things I did to peoples car as a kid gives me the chills every time I park mine in a street!! Oh dear me!!!
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Kslib(m): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
Wsdm: A child wrote JESUS on my new car with a Neil. So bold that it will only disfigure the paint if i make any attempt to clean it. That is how it has been for over a year now. The foney aspect is that i am a Muslim and had placed an Islamic inscription on my wind screen.
It's a sign!! Give your life to christ..lol

6 Likes

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by doctokwus: 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ah ah,thought I was alone.Early morning wen I woke to do d usual on d car,just saw dis zig-zag lines on the bonnet.It was definitely not there d previous&I knew it was a kid because I saw a stone nearby d car.Was incensed,but cudnt find any kid to vent my anger on;later d anger subsided,but av not gone to respray for now bc av dis nagging feeling dat d naughty kid dat did it wud just repeat it since he/she hasn't bn caught.Some kids really act naughty
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by cgift(m): 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2012
Is there something like a scratch resistant paint for cars? This is really a menace
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by DollyParton1(f): 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
E be like say I miss o. Seeing that almost everyone wrote on cars. How come I never thought of doing this while growing up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Skills Every Female Car Driver Should Have / URGENT! My 2003 Accord Transmission Just Stalled. / Honda Pilot Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.