Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate (8153 Views)

Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Interesting.....
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Afam4eva(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
Negro_Ntns: I read through the whole thread and Im wondering to myself if there s any reason why Ify is not in the panel of judges. Shouldn't her name have been the first on the list already before anyone else's? angry

Why isnt anonymous on the judges panel?
Why isnt physics on the judges panel?
Did Ileke-Idi turn down an offer to be a judge, if not why isnt she there?

Who are all these people you got on the panel what do they know about culture?
Stop making it sound as if these people are suppose to be considered as judges by default. Nobody gets an automatic ticket to become a judge. if they're interested then they should signify. You can also nominate anyone you like.

Btw, when is this debate holding and what is the topic?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by NegroNtns(m): 1:40am On Nov 17, 2012
^^^

Odumchi, you see i told you! You have a yeye persin on your panel. Fire this rascal angry

1 Like

Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by odumchi: 5:01am On Nov 18, 2012
Afam, the debate will only be held if there are enough participants. I would like to have it but I can't do anything if people are not active. As for the topics, we still hacve more room for suggestions.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by ifyalways(f): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2012
Can we have a "drama" instead?this debate thing is getting boring undecided

Contestants would present their arguments in a drama form. I'm busy now but would shed more light laterz.

1 Like

Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ify, please shed more light o. Having a real NL drama wouldn't be a bad idea.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
At Odumchi, I like your moderating style (i.e. informing your members whenever u need to step out). *Thumbs up*

I can't remember if you have been interviewed BTW. cheesy
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by DAvIt0(m): 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Tgirl4real: Ify, please shed more light o. Having a real NL drama wouldn't be a bad idea.

dat ll b really nice nd cool
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by DAvIt0(m): 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
ifyalways: Can we have a "drama" instead?this debate thing is getting boring undecided

Contestants would present their arguments in a drama form. I'm busy now but would shed more light laterz.

please try to . it'll b cool
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Odunnu: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
Tgirl4real: Ify, please shed more light o. Having a real NL drama wouldn't be a bad idea.
when I read 'NL drama' I thought you were talking about the other kind of drama. cheesy
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Odunnu:
when I read 'NL drama' I thought you were talking about the other kind of drama. cheesy

Me sef wey write am dey see d oda kind of drama. grin

I've got an idea BTW.

Will prolly mail u soon.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Odunnu:

Tgirl4real:

Me sef wey write am dey see d oda kind of drama. grin

I've got an idea BTW.

Will prolly mail u soon.

Hmmm...and what kind of "drama" might these two ladies be referring to sef? cool
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efemena_xy:
Hmmm...and what kind of "drama" might these two ladies be referring to sef? cool

Madam Efe, gbefila. tongue

D usual NL drama na. Y'all know. cool
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
BtW, I nominate Efe as a contestant and Odunnu as a judge. cool

Ileke-idi should contest too.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
Tgirl, pls don't do that...

I know zilch about those topics. Er...what are the topic about sef? undecided
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by ifyalways(f): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lol @ "the usual nld drama" .

@topic, here's an example of what i meant:

Topic of drama : should inter-marriage be encouraged?

Cast :tag team style
Mrs Chima.Versus
Pagan9ja

Jallowbah. Versus
Nri Priest.

Kails (neutral)
Stillwater(neutral)

Scene 1
Mrs chima would tell us why inter marriage is important, should be encouraged et all.

Scene 2
Kails enters to tell us why she's indifferent and don't care about who marries who.

Scene 3:Pagan9ja's turn to tell us why all akata's and foreign women should leave our brothers alone,why our sisters should stick to black men only.

Repeat same pattern for the other casts. The basic thing is that it would be presented in a fun way as opposed to debating.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Odunnu: 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efemena_xy:

even me sef, I no no. tongue
Tgirl, havent I missed your mail long enough? Havent seen Kat's yet? Kilo appen?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
@Ify, That actually sounds quite good - interesting if I may add.

So, it's like a dialogue / discussion between the characters then...

Odunnu... tongue
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 3:02am On Nov 22, 2012
Odunnu:
even me sef, I no no. tongue
Tgirl, havent I missed your mail long enough? Havent seen Kat's yet? Kilo appen?

O dear! I slept off. Expect it in the morning.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Odunnu: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2012
ifyalways: Lol @ "the usual nld drama" .

@topic, here's an example of what i meant:

Topic of drama : should inter-marriage be encouraged?

Cast :tag team style
Mrs Chima.Versus
Pagan9ja

Jallowbah. Versus
Nri Priest.

Kails (neutral)
Stillwater(neutral)

Scene 1
Mrs chima would tell us why inter marriage is important, should be encouraged et all.

Scene 2
Kails enters to tell us why she's indifferent and don't care about who marries who.

Scene 3:Pagan9ja's turn to tell us why all akata's and foreign women should leave our brothers alone,why our sisters should stick to black men only.

Repeat same pattern for the other casts. The basic thing is that it would be presented in a fun way as opposed to debating.
should be fun, still it would be like debate but with shorter posts.
Do we get to have judges too or everybody wins?

Efe, why you dey do me ntoo? I will tell my mommie for you o. cool
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2012
lol @ Odunnu. U've got mail.

@ Ify, nice one.

Where is dis mod by the way. This sounds like fun. cheesy
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Odunnu: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2012
Replied
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Odunnu:
should be fun, still it would be like debate but with shorter posts.
Do we get to have judges too or everybody wins?

Efe, why you dey do me ntoo? I will tell my mommie for you o. cool

cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Here is the real drama I am talking about:

https://www.nairaland.com/1110924/introducing-family-section-reality-show

I need ya support.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 23, 2012
LOL @ Ify's plan grin
Geez woman!! You're volunteering my services for me! grin grin
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by odumchi: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
Thanks Tgirl.

Ify, I'm open to your idea or any other idea that will draw active participation and involvement.

We can't have this until enough people show interest in the idea. Nominating people is good but we also need the active responses of those nominated.

As for the topics of discussion, there are many options. I'll just brainstorm a few and you guys will select those that you like.

If things go right, we will have his sometime in December.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by ifyalways(f): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2012
A lot going on in nld now. It might make more sense if we shift this to next year.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by ayanle456: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
lets have a debate. ok

give me one good reason why all of you shouldnt go back to being enslaved. I mean you guys are already mentally enslaved.

white people have ended slavery too soon...too sooon i say
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
^^ Na wa o!

Nonetheless, slavery existed in Africa long before the first white man stepped foot on black soil...
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by ifyalways(f): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
Efe just ignore her.she's not worth the stress. She's a known troll her and no one takes her serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

igbo Masquerades / What Ndoki People Say About Themselves / Meet Ezelekhae's Benin Crown Prince And His Father, Oba Ewuare ii (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.