Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? (33369 Views)

Picture Of Demon Watching Over Unborn Baby In An Ultrasound Scan / I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child / How Can Couples Determine The Sex Of Thier Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Elueme: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
[b]
chrisj2000: if you want a male child, deposit the sperm two days before the middle of ovulation. i.e if the woman's menstrual cycle is 28 days, her peak fertile day is on the 14th day in her menstrual cycle. sperm needs to be deposited on the 12th and 13th day to produce a male baby. any deposit from 14th 15th and 16th day is more likely to be female.
Am sorry bro, but I doubt your theory... Your theory will be useful for couples who Want to maximize their chances of achieving fertilization I.e in a regular 28 day circle ovulation will most likely take place at day 13 or 14. Sexual intercourse within this time has a higher chances of resulting in pregnancy.
N.B Half life of sperm cell is average at 48 hrs , while female egg s 72 hrs.

Obi 123's suggestion is on point but I doubt if that hypothesis of avoiding prolonged fore play before mating has been accepted8 by FIGO( federation international of obstetrics and gynecology )
What the hypothesis suggests that prolong romance should be avoided. Reason being that the the y chromosome is [/b] released first and it travels faster and dies faster, average half life of 48 hrs..Prolonged fore play( romance) before intercourse gives both chromosomes(y or x ) almost equal opportunity of release and it becomes more of a probability for any of the cells to fuse with the x chromosome of the ovum( female egg)
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by salt1: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2012
@Obi 123, very informative.
A lot of other posters are simply confused.
I have 2 girls and 2 boys and I did sex selection. I have also taught many people and they achieved their dream. It is good to have an open mind and to appreciate whatever God gives you because this is not 100% certain but application of Science.
1. Chromosomes: xx chromosome is for girls and xy is for boys. As Obi said, the xy cells run faster but also die quicker than the xx chromosomes. The male sperm cell can also last for 5 days in a conducive environment.
2. Ovulation in the female comes up somewhere in the middle of her menstrual cycle (if you and your wife are highly motivated, she can use a thermometer and take anal readings to determine her ovulation. It is often marked by a slight raise in the woman's temperature). I learnt that the egg survives for just 24 hours within which it must be fertilised or it dies. Also note that ovulation rarely occurs earlier but it can occur later than the anticipated date. The woman's reproductive system is so tied up with her emotions that if she gets upset, it may delay her ovulation. Have you heard of women who stopped menstruating after a bereavement?
3. Getting a boy: to try for a boy, it is advisable to make love AFTER ovulation has occurred. This will give the male sperm cells the opportunity of rushing to fertilise the egg first. A day or two AFTER ovulation is ok since, as I said, ovulation can occur later, rarely earlier.
4. Getting a girl: you can make love 4 days BEFORE ovulation and abstain or use a preventive method for the rest of the woman's cycle. Four days earlier will ensure that all the xy cells have died leaving the female xx to move up to the egg and fertilise it.

I wish you goodluck, but please accept with utmost gratitude what God gives you and love them all

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by buchibabe: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
Just accept whatever God gives u,and bone all dis science stuffs cos dey can fail u
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by sauceEEP(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
the endresult of woman on top is female while the endresult of man on top is certainly male...
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Timijo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
salt 1: @Obi 123, very informative.
I have 2 girls and 2 boys and I did sex selection. I have also taught many people and they achieved their dream. It is good to have an open mind and to appreciate whatever God gives you because this is not 100% certain but application of Science.
1. Chromosomes: xx chromosome is for girls and xy is for boys. As Obi said, the xy cells run faster but also die quicker than the xx chromosomes. The male sperm cell can also last for 5 days in a conducive environment.
2. Ovulation in the female comes up somewhere in the middle of her menstrual cycle (if you and your wife are highly motivated, she can use a thermometer and take anal readings to determine her ovulation. It is often marked by a slight raise in the woman's temperature). I learnt that the egg survives for just 24 hours within which it must be fertilised or it dies. Also note that ovulation rarely occurs earlier but it can occur later than the anticipated date. The woman's reproductive system is so tied up with her emotions that if she gets upset, it may delay her ovulation. Have you heard of women who stopped menstruating after a bereavement?
3. Getting a boy: to try for a boy, it is advisable to make love AFTER ovulation has occurred. This will give the male sperm cells the opportunity of rushing to fertilise the egg first. A day or two AFTER ovulation is ok since, as I said, ovulation can occur later, rarely earlier.
4. Getting a girl: you can make love 4 days BEFORE ovulation and abstain or use a preventive method for the rest of the woman's cycle. Four days earlier will ensure that all the xy cells have died leaving the female xx to move up to the egg and fertilise it.

I wish you goodluck, but please accept with utmost gratitude what God gives you and love them all
You have said it all. Xactly what I know.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by obi123: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
timbros: There are confusing infos here.

Which of the chromosomes swims faster? Male or female? Which is xx and which is xy?

Clarification please!

XX for female
XY for male.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Ehisxxx: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
The sex of a child is determined by the sex chromosome(X AND Y) if the Y sperm fertilizes the ovum a male child is expected otherwise a female child is expected. I am not a Dr but an upcoming. YEAH
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by gbokun(m): 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Every human has 23 pairs of chromosommes, 22 pairs are XX while it is the last pair which is XY for male and XX for female. During reproduction (sperm and egg formation; it is the last pair of chromosome that animals use for reproduction, thats why they are called sex chromosomes) meiosis occurs, so there will be separation of the daughter chromatids, so for a male you have some sperms with Xs and some with Ys. The female releases just one egg in a month except in some cases, when you have multiple births.e.g leads to non identical twins. Eggs don't move during fertilization,they are immobile. The Y chromosomes are smaller and so they move faster than Xs,so If a woman can study her body and know when she ovulates, mostly day 13-14 of a 28-day menstrual cycle, she is advised to have sex then, since only one sperm fertilizes the ova, and logic says that the fastest should get to the ova first, since Ys are smaller and faster than Xs sperms, so it is expected that all things been equal one of the Ys should do the job, and so you have your Y from father + X from mum= XY a male child. Please note that this method is not 100% assurance that you will have a male child. You can pick up any material that discuss animal reproduction for more details. thanks
chrisj2000:

mine is no theory. the xx chromosomes swims faster than xy chromosomes. the xy chromosomes outlive the xx chromosome and they are stronger as well. the logic in depositing fluid before the ovule is released from the avery is to make sure that xy chromosomes are already there. once they are there, whether the xx chromosomes are present or not, the xy wins the race of fertilizing the egg. this proven and 100% accurate.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by gbokun(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
Chromosommes don't swim...it is sperms that swim, chromosomes separate during a process called meiosis to for Sperms in male and egg/ova in female. the Y chromosome is smaller, and so sperms that it forms are lighter and swim faster than those formed by X
obi123:

XX for female
XY for male.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
salt 1: @Obi 123, very informative.

very correct!
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by elicent2009: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
andyanders:

Turn your woman upside down and enter. That way you get any type of child you want. Oh let her look outside the widow when you are inside from behind. Let her be looking straight to the kind of child she prefers and by the time you come, the baby will be in their. Try that this night.
na so u tak get ur own pikin
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by galadee(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
God gives, He determines..........
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by mkoabiola: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
Na lie jare,
Only God determines,anyhw u like u do d fluid,if God say na lik ds na so e go b,na soo.
I don't blv in all ds strategy.it doesn't work.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by ikananwa(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
Good learning something
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Garbson: 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
Bob, I just like to give you a tip on how I can use my Gender birth chart to determine your baby sex. All you need to send to me are your wife age and I will tell you those months she will conceive to produce male and those month for female. It is however free for now for advertisement purpose, but later I will be a good source of income for me. Should you have interest, call my line 08033323995 or 08052521985. Do kindly advertise this to others around you as I am 99% sure all things being possible i.e if your madam's age is genuine.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Garbson: 2:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
Bob, I just like to give you a tip on how I can use my Gender birth chart to determine your baby sex. All you need to send to me is your wife age and I will tell you those months she will conceive to produce male and those months for female. It is however free for now for advertisement purpose, but later it will be a good source of income for me. Should you have interest, call my line 08033323995 or 08052521985. Do kindly advertise this to others around you as I am 99% sure all things being possible i.e if your madam's age is genuine.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by tosenbaba(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
If you want a girl:
Well, it is really simple now that you see the pattern. If are planning for a girl then it is best to make love at least two days before you ovulate, as this will allow the faster swimming 'male' Fluid to swim off, burn up their energy and die off, leaving the slower swimming ''female' Fluid to arrive to a ripe and ready female egg that is still waiting to be fertilized.
[color=#990000][/color]

i agree with the above,tried the philosophy and ,i tell you, i now have a baby girl.One more thing to note is (may be or may be not), the penetration should not be too deep, and your love making position should not be the missionary style... not sure if these are all necessary factors..but no harm in trying...all na pickin.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Victorsky(m): 2:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
Check out the Lunar calendar for Gender prediction.

WOMAN'S CONCEIVING AGE
MONTH OF
CONCEPTION 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

January G B G B G B B G B G B G B B
February B G B G B B G B G B G B G G
March G B G G B G B B B G B G G B
April B G B G G B B G G B G G G G
May B G B G B B G G G G G B G G
June B B B G G G B B B G G B G G
July B B B G G B B G G B B B G G
August B B B G B G G B B B B B G G
September B B B G G B G B G B B B G G
Gctober B B G G G B G B G B B G G G
November B G B G G B G B G G G G B G
December B G B G G G G B G B G G B B

January B G B B G B G B G B G B B G
February G B G B B G B G B G B G B B
March B B B G B B G B G B G B G B
April G B G B G B B B B G B G B G
May G G G G B G B B G B G B B G
June G G G G G B G G B G B G B G
July G G G G G G B G B B G B G B
August G B G B G B G B G B B G B G
September G G G G B G B G B G B B G B
Gctober G G G G B B G B G B G B B G
November G G B B B G B G B G B B G B
December B B B B B B G G G B G B G B

You can choose for yourself whether you want a boy or a girl by following the chart. The woman's age from 18 to 45 (Chinese reckoning) is on the top line while the months 1 to 12 indicate the month when the baby is conceived. By following the chart you will be able to tell in advance whether your baby will be a boy or a girl. Thus, you can plan to have a boy or a girl. This chart has been taken from a Royal tomb near Peking, China. The original copy is kept in the Institute of Science of Peking. The accuracy of the chart has been proved by thousands of People and is believed to be 99 percent accurate. By reckoning, you follow a line drawn from the figure representing the woman's age to a line drawn from the month the baby is conceived. For instance, if the woman is 27 years old and her baby is conceived in January (according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar), then her baby will be a girl. The chart is based on the month the baby is conceived and not on the birth of the baby, B-Male, G-Female. Remarks: A Chinese Scientist discovered and drew this chart which was buried in a Royal tomb about 700 years ago. ÿ [b]Check out the Lunar calendar for Gender prediction.

WOMAN'S CONCEIVING AGE
MONTH OF

You can choose for yourself whether you want a boy or a girl by following the chart. The woman's age from 18 to 45 (Chinese reckoning) is on the top line while the months 1 to 12 indicate the month when the baby is conceived. By following the chart you will be able to tell in advance whether your baby will be a boy or a girl. Thus, you can plan to have a boy or a girl. This chart has been taken from a Royal tomb near Peking, China. The original copy is kept in the Institute of Science of Peking. The accuracy of the chart has been proved by thousands of People and is believed to be 99 percent accurate. By reckoning, you follow a line drawn from the figure representing the woman's age to a line drawn from the month the baby is conceived. For instance, if the woman is 27 years old and her baby is conceived in January (according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar), then her baby will be a girl. The chart is based on the month the baby is conceived and not on the birth of the baby, B-Male, G-Female. Remarks: A Chinese Scientist discovered and drew this chart which was buried in a Royal tomb about 700 years ago. ÿ [/b]Check out the Lunar calendar for Gender prediction.

WOMAN'S CONCEIVING AGE
MONTH OF

You can choose for yourself whether you want a boy or a girl by following the chart. The woman's age from 18 to 45 (Chinese reckoning) is on the top line while the months 1 to 12 indicate the month when the baby is conceived. By following the chart you will be able to tell in advance whether your baby will be a boy or a girl. Thus, you can plan to have a boy or a girl. This chart has been taken from a Royal tomb near Peking, China. The original copy is kept in the Institute of Science of Peking. The accuracy of the chart has been proved by thousands of People and is believed to be 99 percent accurate. By reckoning, you follow a line drawn from the figure representing the woman's age to a line drawn from the month the baby is conceived. For instance, if the woman is 27 years old and her baby is conceived in January (according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar), then her baby will be a girl. The chart is based on the month the baby is conceived and not on the birth of the baby, B-Male, G-Female. Remarks: A Chinese Scientist discovered and drew this chart which was buried in a Royal tomb about 700 years ago. ÿ
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Victorsky(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
WOMAN'S CONCEIVING AGE
MONTH OF

You can choose for yourself whether you want a boy or a girl by following the chart. The woman's age from 18 to 45 (Chinese reckoning) is on the top line while the months 1 to 12 indicate the month when the baby is conceived. By following the chart you will be able to tell in advance whether your baby will be a boy or a girl. Thus, you can plan to have a boy or a girl. This chart has been taken from a Royal tomb near Peking, China. The original copy is kept in the Institute of Science of Peking. The accuracy of the chart has been proved by thousands of People and is believed to be 99 percent accurate. By reckoning, you follow a line drawn from the figure representing the woman's age to a line drawn from the month the baby is conceived. For instance, if the woman is 27 years old and her baby is conceived in January (according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar), then her baby will be a girl. The chart is based on the month the baby is conceived and not on the birth of the baby, B-Male, G-Female. Remarks: A Chinese Scientist discovered and drew this chart which was buried in a Royal tomb about 700 years ago. ÿ
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by frabel: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
timbros: I often hear that one can determine the sex of his/her unborn child either by how and when intercourse is performed. Doctors in the house, I want to ask, is it possible? If yes, what are the techniques to go about it? Detailed but yet simple comments are well appreciated. N.B: I'm sure a topic like this must have been discussed somewhere in here, sorry i had to create it again. Any link to similar topic will be appreciated too..
check this site; www.babyhopes.com, it will give u all the information u need in selecting a baby's sex.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by moscoleee: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
You can as well do sperm selection that is identify male sex sperm and introduce it only to the woman that is leaving out the female sex cell here it is 100 % chance of having the particular sex you need ..... mosesegbe@yahoo.com ........ a medical expert
frabel: check this site; www.babyhopes.com, it will give u all the information u need in selecting a baby's sex.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Clemzy16(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Go for a scan(x-ray)!
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by ideaz: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
I found this link last year and it has turned out 100% correct for all I have applied it on including myself. Take 10 recent and remote births as samples and see what you come out with. You will be amazed how ancient wisdom helps you settle this puzzle once and for all.

http://www.webwomb.com/chinesechart.htm
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by bigmanahmad: 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2012
A lot of misinformation!!! where are the Doctors? you can not say a sperm cell contain both X and Y chromosome and a egg cell contain both XX....
a sperm drop contain millions of X and Y chrom...a sperm cell can either be X or Y and not both!!...an egg cell is only X chromosome!! that is why a sperm cell determine the sex of a child....
There is no proven method using genetics to determine the sex of a child...BEFORE CONCEPTION...
all the stories about one cell been stronger than the other and one faster than the other are just cock and bull story provided over 40 years ago...new science research suggest a diff scenario!!!
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html
FLUID SELECTION IS POSSIBLE BUT NOT AVAILABLE TO EVERY BODY AS IT ALLOWS GENDER SELECTION THERE BY PREFERRING ONE GENDER TO THE OTHER!!!
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by deeplo(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Victorsky: WOMAN'S CONCEIVING AGE
MONTH OF

I actually have this info you displayed since 1995 and it worked 99%. It has helped me in planning my kids the first being male and second female. I have also give the info to families and friend and they confirmed it accuracy.

For best result.
The current age of the woman must be consider and month she intend to conceive.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by stineb1: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
Some of the comment made about sex position,chromosomes,eggs and sperm are to an extent correct.But please note that those are enhancers.The primary thing is for the woman to undergoe a specialized Ultrasound scan procedure in order to track follicular status. The main issue is that, many women get it wrong when monitoring or calculating their ovulation based on their menstrual cycle.From experience, i discovered that alot of women ovulate before or after their 14th day.
In our Diagnostic centre, we track the follicles to know the likely rupture day and equally advise the couples when to have intercourse.
If interested in this procedure, pls call me on 07037676951.
Specialist Radiographer(Medical Imaging Consultant)
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by emmabest2000(m): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
xx is male and xy is female xx moves faster than xy and also die faster than xy if the egg is there before the intercourse then xx will meet the egg first and it will be a male child but if the xx rush in and didn't meet any egg it will die after few hours while the xy last for two days or so that is why there is too many female child so if u need a male child u must calculate very proper , goodluck
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by wills03: 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2012
obi123: If you want a boy:
We know that the 'male' sperm cells, which carry a Y-chromosome, swim more quickly than the 'female' sperm cells, which carry an X-chromosome, but will die off faster as well, so you and your partner will have to be sure that you are as close to 100% certain that you ovulating, then you would have sex closer to that ovulation date.

This allows the faster swimming 'male' sperm to swim off to the waiting female egg and fertilize it before the slower swimming 'female' sperm reach their destination.

If you want a girl:
Well, it is really simple now that you see the pattern. If are planning for a girl then it is best to make love at least two days before you ovulate, as this will allow the faster swimming 'male' sperm to swim off, burn up their energy and die off, leaving the slower swimming ''female' sperm to arrive to a ripe and ready female egg that is still waiting to be fertilized.

Other factors to bear in mind:
Men should refrain from any kind of sexual activity for at least 2-4 weeks prior to the set date of your ovulation.

You could bathe your partners testicles in cool water, as a lower temperate is more appropriate for strong healthy sperm cells. Just also be aware not to make it too cold, as too cold a temperature may have the same effect as a high temperature.

Males should wear loose fitting boxers, as opposed to the traditional underwear for the reasons mentioned above.

carry go Timbros no dulling, let us know how u get on

http://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/determine_sex.aspx#.UJpGjlvdX6U
How about if one wants twins? What are we gonna do?
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by DaddyDey: 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hi,I intend not deviate from the issue at stake,rather to draw the attention of all that traditional method is very super with 100% assurance,with it sex selection is assured. any body with sex selection problem should free to reach me for consultation and solution for serious minded persons only.email jobniche@gmail.com
Daddy dey
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Kizopumpin(m): 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
Alomo lolesheee grin
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by djcrown(m): 1:08am On Nov 08, 2012
kudos to you guys. determining the sex of child prior to fertilization is a function of both patners. All you need to do as a woman is to understand your ovarian cycle if it falls in the average 28days or there is a deviation. we should consider that there are two types of sperm cells which are the X and Y chromosome, these two chromosomes varies in characterics and conditions which favour their survival.....to be continued
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by djcrown(m): 1:17am On Nov 08, 2012
pre-intimacy before sex also plays a very vital issue in determining the sex of your unborn child in the sense that it modulates the vaginal environment making its pH to be alkaline which favours the Y chromosome which is responsible for the formation of the male child.....another factor to consider in sex determination is sexual posture, research has shown that some sexual posture such as the doggy style allows deep penetration thus giving the sperm cells less distance to travel from the vagina to the fallopian tube where fertilization occurs..... to be elaborated on later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Dies After Complaining Of Headache. Photos / Foods That You Must Avoid If You Have High Blood Pressure / Mexican Woman Cut Open By Assailants Who Stole Her Unborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.