Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,634 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition (9686 Views)

Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community / Chibok Girls: FG Yet To Accept Boko Haram’s Dialogue Offer- The Nation / FG - Boko Haram Dialogue: NOA Asks For Tolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by youngies(m): 7:21am On Nov 02, 2012
The Federal Government is ready for dialogue with Boko Haram but on one condition that the Spiritual and Political Leader of the sect, Imam Abubakar Shekau, will be at the negotiation table.

It was also learnt that the government may come up with an Amnesty Programme for members of the sect after ceasefire and disarmament if they are sincere.

A government source, who spoke in strict confidence, said the conditions set by the group would be resolved during the dialogue.

The source said: “We were not surprised by the offer of the dialogue because there had been contacts between the sect and National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki in the last few months.

“As a matter of fact, the NSA had some talks with the leaders of the sect last week where it was indicated that Shekau’s deputy might lead Boko Haram delegation to the dialogue.

“The NSA however said the government would want Shekau to head the team from the sect’s side in order to give the proposed talks more weight.

“With Shekau, who is the spiritual and political leader of Boko Haram, there will be a meaningful direction for the discussion by the two parties.

“If it works out and if Boko Haram is sincere with the dialogue option, the government will embrace it.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “Once we can find common grounds, the government will come up with a rehabilitation initiative which is similar to the ongoing Amnesty Programme.

“Even in the case of the affected parts of the North, there might be a joint reconstruction programme between the Federal Government and the ravaged states.”

Concerning the demand of Boko Haram for the arrest of ex-Governor Ali Modu Sheriff, the source added: “That is a political side of their demands which the government will look into.

“From security reports and investigation by agencies, some members of the sect gave Sheriff support during his election based on three demands.

“The demands were a creation of a Ministry for Islamic (Religious Affairs), being part of Sheriff’s government and the implementation of Sharia in Borno State.

“They parted ways with Sheriff when he refused to implement the Sharia policy. The situation worsened following the brutal killing of the leader of the sect, Mohammed Yusuf and a former Commissioner for Islamic (Religious) Affairs in Sheriff’s cabinet.

“The dialogue will shape discussions on the fate of Sheriff.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/govt-may-accept-dialogue-offer-with-condition/
More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2908-fgt-may-accept-boko-harams-dialogue-offer-with-condition
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Nuzo1(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2012
They wan gbab the Shekau guy. grin

3 Likes

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by adventisty: 8:45am On Nov 02, 2012
Hope that ends well all this terror!
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Ajpharm(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2012
Tank God. This Madness Is Finally Going To End
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by hikmoj(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2012
I pray no 1 fuk up o
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by a1solution: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2012
the game is on lets see the winner
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by RedLight1: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2012
Phew after amnesty to boko haram..
What next? Another group coming up to cast terror knowing fully well they will get amnesty!

No justice no peace..

One thing i know is dialogue can never stop jihadist or bombing.

It's just like asking boko haram to stop claiming responsibity 4 every bomb thrown which will void their amnesty buh wnt stop violence..

... Sum people will still continue d course of allah..
Dialogue or amnesty will never be the end of jihadist in north
Mark my words
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Youngzedd(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2012
Dialogue with terror for what.
Let the Fmr Governor and the two senators be tortured to list the people involved and how to find dis idiots Boko Haram.

Well, FG knows the best but let them not fúckup this time.

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by mattsteve(f): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2012
Finally,dey don tire.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Ezennaemeka1(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2012
One thing to state a condition and another thing to accept the condition.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by sissa: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2012
That should be d best thng 4 dem.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by sissa: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2012
That should b d end of dem.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Empyv: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2012
Am begining to see what i call purposeless leadership how will you negotiate wt an enemy that you have millitarily emansculated? No serious govt negotiate from a position of strenght.i forsee a lot more insurgent from other groups if this boko boys are granted amnesty.

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by phecs: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2012
[Wen weapon and finance is blocked wat wld anyone expect?amnesty!!!another group might surface now probably frm d south east dis tyme around!
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by glizengem(f): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2012
Hope dey r sincere enuf coz dis boko guys shudnt b trusted.... Fg tk note oo coz dis peeps head dey enter reverse @ times
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Hadone(m): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2012
I STILL CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE NAME BOKOHARAM IS USED TO PLAY POLITICAL GAMES. REMEMBER THE BLOOD OF INNOCENT PEOPLE SHED, PROPERTY WORTH BILLIONS DESTROYED. BUT YET IT IS TURNING OUT TO BE MERE POLITICS, AND ALL WHAT OUR SECURITY ORGANISATIONS COULD DO IS TO ALERT THE SUSPECTS THAT THEY'RE UNDER WATCH SO THAT THEY CAN ADJUST AND AVOID ATTENDING TO THOSE CRIMINAL AND TERRORIST. Mhn...
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2012
This word 'amnesty' infuriates me,it never comes without huge compensation from the govt...why risk it again with these hooligans?
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by dryakson(m): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2012
Laugh wan kill me'''''''''''' FG is ready to enter dialogue with boko haram with on condition!!!!!!!!
They think shekau na mumu like them
I need answer abegi

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by seunfly: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2012
Their ceasefire is welcome gov may give them amnesty but i won't suport any amnesty parkage(finance) for them because it's like paying them for killing inocent peaple particularly christians, family man, bussines men etc and this will send a wrong message to criminals, in no time kidnapers, harm robbers, cultist too will want amnesty parkage.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Kslib(m): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2012
This is unacceptable.. Boko haram knows their days are numbered and want to cover up many secrets Nigerians dont know in the guise of negotiation... I believe if boko haram is dug to the roots,the facts that will emerge will open our eyes...
After killing thousands of innocent people,you just wake-up one day and demand for negotiation.To add insult to injury,our useless FG wants to give them an amnesty program.. Sometimes,i just suspect this Goodluck jona of a guy... My friends were killed in kano while they were playing a football match,mothers,innocent children were also killed for no reason..
Will this deal change the heartlessness of boko haram?
Will this deal give them a mindset that religion does'nt matter?
Will this deal make them to stop viewing an average christian as an enemy..
Rubbishh... Goodluck,you are a fool and may GOD punish you and all your retarded political friends who derive joy in playing with the lives of innocent Nigerians..
Rubbish

8 Likes

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2012
If boko gets amnesty then aluu also

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by sanchez4eva: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2012
The Federal Republic Of Nigeria will not negotiate with terrorists....Lol..na dream world we dey o..The reality is anyone can bomb a million people as long as they are ready for peace talks afterwards...Nigeria is a dead country

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by ignis: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2012
Shekau is a bloody coward, I know he cant't be man enough to show up at the negotiating table.

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 02, 2012
What of the hundreds of people that lost their lives during the boko haram mayhem? Won't their families be compensated?
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by hakanai(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2012
e remain south east,south west and middle belt!!!! I am just saying,the way things are going we are encouraging people to use violence to get attention.Thank God for getting us this solution and pray that what ever GEJ and government as a whole decide it would solve this Boko-haram and any such problem in the future.We have alot of un-attended issues of conflict in this country and people need to put this things aside and work together.Let FGN call a SNC or confab.SO things are ironed out nicely.
leaving certain issues unresolved for political advantage during elections will not help us at all.Lets resolve as much or if possible all.From using dialogue to redress (well deserved apologies or compensation).
Resolve our issues of difference/conflicts to a minimum and tackle insecurity.President GEJ if this thing happens and is tackled for good you have my endorsement for 2015!
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by ssii: 9:25am On Nov 02, 2012
Amnesty for terrorists after all the innocent blood they have shed.. Tomorrow they will tell us they have budgeted billions for these terrorists.Then some top officials will use the opportunity to make more millions, on the blood of innocent Nigerians. Where in the world do they reward terrorists with money. God help us, I pity for anyone who has lost a relation to BH. This GEJ admnistration just sucks..

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by kpozite(m): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2012
When Boko Haram were ''on top of their game'' they thought themselves invincible and boasted that their attack strategy new and elusive to the Government hence they refused any and all calls for dialogue, now why the sudden change surely because JTF has cracked down their strongholds.
Now why can't FG reject this call for dialogue and finish off the infidels.
Why should those them in prison be released (because that one of the condition) despite the innocent people they have killed? How can they be trusted to stop after being granted amnesty?
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by adventisty: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2012
No one dey fight government come win o!
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by bowee4u: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2012
Any negotiation is an insult to the sensibility of Nigerians, Jonathan will only succeed in reducing the office of the president to a joke.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by adonisyung(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2012
ssii: Amnesty for terrorists after all the innocent blood they have shed.. Tomorrow they will tell us they have budgeted billions for these terrorists.Then some top officials will use the opportunity to make more millions, on the blood of innocent Nigerians. Where in the world do they reward terrorists with money. God help us, I pity for anyone who has lost a relation to BH. This GEJ admnistration just sucks..
so what do u tink ƻ beta?forget about dialogue and let more innocent ppl die?

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Decapo: 9:49am On Nov 02, 2012
dryakson: Laugh wan kill me'''''''''''' FG is ready to enter dialogue with boko haram with on condition!!!!!!!!
They think shekau na mumu like them
I need answer abegi
. If you ask Mε...na who i go ask?
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by adonisyung(m): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2012
bowee4u: Any negotiation is an insult to the sensibility of Nigerians, Jonathan will only succeed in reducing the office of the president to a joke.
is it d pride of the presidency or d lives of the innocents that counts?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Problem Of Ethnicity In Nigeria / Igbo Jew DNA (VIDEO) Igbo's are Jewish with E1b / Herdsmen & Insecurity In Southwest: Churchill Calls For Government Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.