Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Mikel And Chelsea Are Lying Against Clattenburg - Ferguson - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mikel And Chelsea Are Lying Against Clattenburg - Ferguson (637 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? / Chelsea Are The Champions:situation Report In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel And Chelsea Are Lying Against Clattenburg - Ferguson by sammietos(m): 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2012
MANCHESTER, United Kingdom (AFP) – Alex Ferguson said Friday that it was “unthinkable” that referee Mark Clattenburg had racially abused a Chelsea player during Manchester United’s controversial victory last weekend.

United’s 3-2 Premier League win was overshadowed by allegations from the losers that Clattenburg, who sent off two Chelsea men, used “inappropriate language” against two of their players during the match.

It is a matter that is being investigated by both London’s Metropolitan Police force and the Football Association, with the focus now on claims that Clattenburg used a racist slur against Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel.

A second accusation, relating to Spaniard Juan Mata, has been dropped by Chelsea while Clattenburg maintains his innocence on all matters.

Now, after words of support from Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, Clattenburg has received the significant backing of Ferguson, the manager in the visitors’ dug-out during the contentious afternoon at Stamford Bridge.

“I don’t believe Mark Clattenburg would make any comments like that,” Ferguson said Friday. “I refuse to believe it. I think it’s unthinkable.

“In the modern climate, I just don’t believe it. Simple as that. There is no way a referee would stoop to that, I’m convinced about that.”

Ferguson, United boss for more than a quarter of a century, added: “I think the way we see the game today as compared to the way it was 25 years ago, it has completely changed.

“I played myself and I know the banter that goes on between referees and players 25 years ago is different from today,” insisted Ferguson, who made his name in football as a striker with now fallen Scottish giants Rangers.

“I’ve never heard of a player come to me in the last 15 years and say, the referee swore in the game. Ever. So that’s where I stand, I don’t believe it.

“It’s a wider (society) issue but I’m not concerned about that. You asked me a question about last Sunday and that’s what I think.”

http://tosinoluwalowo..com/2012/11/mikel-chelsea-must-be-lying-against.html

(1) (Reply)

Rooney & Torres Vs Mata & Van Persie... Which Partnership Is Better? / Gareth Bale Has His First Goal for real madrid / UEFA Champions League '13/14 DRAWS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.