Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,932 members, 7,803,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25244 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by dipo2much(m): 10:29am On Jan 30, 2008
The fact that they are the host country is just another reason why they will be hard to beat. But primarily, the Ghanaian team now has the confidence that Nigeria is a team they can beat judging by recent results from games played by the two teams.

I resolve to a 1-0 loss to the Ghanaians.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by segunpc(m): 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
i believe we can beat them because we ve seen death in the eyes so we ll play them with seriousness.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by esilove(m): 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2008
every thing in ghana is against us
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by delbizzie1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
I feel we can beat them if the players play with real determination. The first match against Ivory coast was really appalling, once they were down they really gave up hope. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Emeka72(m): 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2008
don't decieve youselves Nigerian team can't play Ghana at all we'll loose 1-0 to them don't you realise that Nigeria only managed to beat Benin Rep because they were the meekest in the group so Ghanians already know that fact that Nigeria has no standard team
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by youngies(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2008
@all

Don't be quick to make a prediction, football is like biscuit, you 'll never know where it will crack! undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by pastort1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2008
Nigeria started playing as a team in the second half of the match with Benin Republic. If Coach Volts had learnt his lessons from Coaches Kanu and Eguavon, Nigeria can turn the table around against Ghana by proving all bookmakers wrong
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Mant(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2008
Guys, don't down grade Nija, Ghana is mapping a strategy to win 'cos they know is not going to be easy but victory for Nija in advance. I can not predict the scores but we r winning.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamaorga(f): 3:53pm On Jan 30, 2008
Hmmmmm the confidence been shown by the Ghanianian side is overwhelming, listened to the local radio stations here this morning and all they were talking about is the match on sunday and they are optimistic that it will end up in their favour,
 Football is unpredictable u know, but what we are hoping for is a brilliant performance by the super chickens grin so that they graduate to the super eagles on sunday.
 we need to play well and hope that luck is on our side too cos there's something called luck,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sleekymag(m): 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2008
Well, for me, Sunday's match will end (2) Nigeria vs Ghana (1). We're defeating the Ghanaians by a one-goal difference. A though and entertaining match it indeed will be. The Super Eagles will be surprising all of us. They're getting their groove back!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2008
Lets not decieve ourselfs. Ghana will beat us. We are very weak and we nigerians know that. Ghana is the host country and u cant expect Eagles to beat them because we lack tactics. Kanu should coach us instead of Vogt.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by opokonwa(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
It's tempting to sound patriotic and hopeful.

But the truth is that the Ghanaian team ain't no Benin Republic.

Ghana will beat Nigeria on Sunday.

I stand to be corrected but Nigeria has anything but a team in Ghana.

The confidence and tactical play seen in the Ghanaian team is very impressive.

Don't even try the home support.

This is perhaps, Ghana's best team in years. LET US CALL A SPADE A SPADE.

Except of course, a miracle happens undecided which we do not deserve.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by babycool(f): 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2008
sley4life:

Lets not decieve ourselfs. Ghana will beat us. We are very weak and we nigerians know that. Ghana is the host country and u can't expect Eagles to beat them because we lack tactics. Kanu should coach us instead of Vogt.

Why are you people like this?

I predict Nig 1  Ghana 0
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Lamina(f): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2008
no offense but nigeria has always been "fuckin up" (permit my language pls)
i dont think dey can beat Ghana
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by choco4life(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2008
kinda creepy, Nigeria cant be trusted they would lose.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by divanaija1: 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ topic

Na beans  angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by holythug(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2008
d ghananians r just as lucky as we are
i dnt see anytin special in wat dey play
only if we cld buckle our shoe

i also noticed dat d refs r always on dia side

up naija
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by nyabinghi(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
Nigeriana and their boastfulness. the black stars are not like the squirrels of benin. We will simply conceed the midfield to the ghanaians who have the better midfielders and the pace of junior agogo and owusu abeye will be too much for yobo and shittu. Ghana to nick it 3-1. Don't say i didn't tell you.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by efuah(f): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
babycool:

Why are you people like this?

I predict Nig 1  Ghana 0
I will pretend as if i did not see this or else. . . u know na  grin angry angry

esilove:

every thing in ghana is against us
Meaning what?   undecided nobody is against anybody here grin

mama orga:

Hmmmmm the confidence been shown by the Ghanianian side is overwhelming, listened to the local radio stations here this morning and all they were talking about is the match on sunday and they are optimistic that it will end up in their favour,
ehem. . . . what do u want us to talk abt grin we need to be optimistic o, that's a good spirit grin tongue

am coming . . .

holythug, . . . there's smthng special. . . and no ref is on our side angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by holythug(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2008
only if u say d truth. . . cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamaorga(f): 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2008
grin grin Efuah or whatever ur name is, dnt get too swollen headed over nothing,
wait till sunday,
we go show u say Nija be toooo much
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
Odemwingie is not a winger, play him in the attack.
and Yakabu should not play a full match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamaorga(f): 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2008
khai_khai:

Odemwingie is not a winger, play him in the attack.
and Yakabu should not play a full match.

Did u watch the last match
Osaze has been yellow carded twice thus he cant play in this game,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by demmyzenny(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2008
Essien vs Mikel Obi, Intresting smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
Honestly, what can i do to get some of that crack that is being passed round on nairaland. Really getting desperate oh. Many people seem to be taking it and dreaming in broadday light. All i want is a little bit, I want to fly to like the super turkeys flying, Is that too much to ask
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by dokkyalhaj: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2008
winners nevr give up i believe nigeria will won,because we can write of super eagles at ds stage.blues 4  life
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ken82(m): 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2008
With  luck and determination i see the super eagles
go past the Ghanians on sunday but its really not gonna
be easy. but with the prayer of we Nigerians the super eagles
shall be come out victorious and put smile on the face of
Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by gbengeoou: 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
Efuah, sorry u ve 4gotten dat God is a Nigerian, So expect the MIRACLE of the new Month on Sunday, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by latty(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2008
Football is not as simple as people think. In as much as I want super eagles to win the match(patriotism), I will be very upset if after elimininating Ghana, the Super Eagles do not go beyond semi final. Tell the eagles that footbal is a team work and the best positioned person should always be given the ball for attempt at goal. An opportunity lost at Goal might never come again.

Eagles will win with Penalty shoot-out.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by efuah(f): 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2008
No!! God is a ghanaian. . . . His name is "Otwediampon Kwame", that's his local name.

mama orga:

grin grin Efuah or whatever your name is, dnt get too swollen headed over nothing,
wait till sunday,
we go show u say Nigeria be toooo much
My name is Efuah, u got that correct. . . so not whatever my name is. Abi u get wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by oziomatv(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2008
If GHana beat nigerian my name will change to Kofi
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by efuah(f): 5:35pm On Jan 30, 2008
dokkyalhaj:

winners nevr give up i believe nigeria will won,because we can write of super eagles at ds stage.blues 4 life
yes, u won sometime ago, but this time round, Ghana will win!! kiss

oziomatv:

If GHana beat nigerian my name will change to Kofi
Amen!! may ur name be changed to Kofi at all cost! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Single Picks Strategy No Chance To Loose ( A Must View For All Punters) / Shola Shoretire To Sign Man United First Professional Contract / Where Are The Cat And Pig That Predicted Nigeria's Victory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.