Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Kogi - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Kogi (16540 Views)

KOGI - 2016 A Corp Members Posted To Kogi Let's Meet Here / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Corpers Posted To Kogi State Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Xtiansun(m): 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
Lets share our challenges, am one of the 2012 Batch C Corp member posted to Kogi State.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Krysstie: 9:28am On Nov 03, 2012
was also posted 2 Kogi...wat's d camp like?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Super1759: 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
asaya camp is a wonderful place. Located within a bush free zone. But has all you need. Last year batch A were soo much that they created second camp.in one secondary school. But batch B weren't much so they all got accomodated in asaya camp.I advice you all to go that day or next,so you can get good bed space and good foam. Be free,make friends even with the soldiers( though they won't be friendly in the begining) forget runsing your ppa to lokoja(that will be the next talk in camp) we have good places,cheap and cool. Like ankpa(few miles away from enugu.) And other places. Wish you all safe. One love.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by zombader(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
Also posted to kogi..abeg make nairaland members posted to kogi fall in here mk we relate
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
posted to kogi as well, add me up if u on bbm, 282A33E4.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Krysstie: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
zombader: Also posted to kogi..abeg make nairaland members posted to kogi fall in here mk we relate

seems Kogi corpers r few...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Chuksaluta(m): 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2012
Krysstie: was also posted 2 Kogi...wat's d camp like?
The camp is in kabba. You are going to enjoy it, there is water and electricity and no mosquito too. The mammy there is also lively, enjoy your stay.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by zizie: 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
Served in kogi state sometime in 2007. Asaya camp was wonderful at least there were no mosquitoes. I was deployed to Igalamela/odolu LGA. I served in one of the remotest places in the state. As at the time of my service, the state paid 3k to teachers in the secondary schools. I endured for the whole year. after my service I did not spend up to a month before I got a job. My advice to you guys that would be posted to Idah zone, just use the time to prepare for certifications relevant to your field cos this is the only free time u may ever have.
Kogi state is a blessing

7 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by mallorca(m): 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
zizie: Served in kogi state sometime in 2007. Asaya camp was wonderful at least there were no mosquitoes. I was deployed to Igalamela/odolu LGA. I served in one of the remotest places in the state. As at the time of my service, the state paid 3k to teachers in the secondary schools. I endured for the whole year. after my service I did not spend up to a month before I got a job. My advice to you guys that would be posted to Idah zone, just use the time to prepare for certifications relevant to your field cos this is the only free time u may ever have.
Kogi state is a blessing
Seconded
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kinnad(m): 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
We've bn expectin u guys,we wan 2 hav juniors too...i'm a batch B. Hope all of u in dis tread wil b posted 2 yagba east L.G.A,hehe. Ok! Kogi is lovly,but 2 poor,infact they pay d poorest in dis country,but m stil enjoyin wia i am. I'll b bk,any info u need just cal on me
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by mrprince3: 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Wow! I welcome you'all to ASAYA camp Kogi state..... I served in 2010 (batch c) and i would say Kogi state is just one of the best states to serve in Nigeria. The camp is cool and very lively. I got to camp a day before the resumption coz i was just so nervous. I was the second to arrive Asaya. You all will be given your KG Number and attended to as your name is wriiten on the arrival list. If you arive early, you'll have the privilege to be in Hostel A which is apparently the best hostel for male with the best Bed space. . MY ADVISE TO YOU ALL IS THAT YOU SHOULD ENDEAVOUR TO ARRIVE ON THE FIRST DAY SO AS TO EASE YOUR REGISTRATIION PROCESS ELSE, BE READY TO QUEUE FOR SEVERAL HOURS UNDER THE SUN AND IN THE RAIN. I DONT REGRET SERVING IN KOGI! THOSE GUYS ARE JUST TOO HOSPITABLE.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by samuelolosho: 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hmm, (asaya asaya, y u no go zamfara, LOLZ). Wz batch C, 2011. Asaya camp wz fun, large expanse of bush 2 do d bush tin(lolz). Plz go wt thick jackets o, it wz freaking cold last yr. And plz, dnt run after lokoja posting abeg, so many LGA's mk more 'sense' e.g olamaboro LGA, whr i served, bt if u r eventually posted dr, go wt a nokia fone and enuf spare ba3' o. And plz utilize d 'free' nysc time and N19,800 well.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by mbhs139(m): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
Super1759: asaya camp is a wonderful place. Located within a bush free zone. But has all you need. Last year batch A were soo much that they created second camp.in one secondary school. But batch B weren't much so they all got accomodated in asaya camp.I advice you all to go that day or next,so you can get good bed space and good foam. Be free,make friends even with the soldiers( though they won't be friendly in the begining) forget runsing your ppa to lokoja(that will be the next talk in camp) we have good places,cheap and cool. Like ankpa(few miles away from enugu.) And other places. Wish you all safe. One love.

Yea, this person is right. Particularly as regards runssing your ppa to lokoja. It's not a palatable news at all. I was part of the batch A 2012. the second camp created for us was at St Barnabas Sec Sch.

It's a nice place anyway. And I was eventually posted to the same school for my ppa.

Kabba is also a nice place. other cool places are ogorimagongo, iyamoye, ijumu, ikoyi, etc
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by mrprince3: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
kinnad: We've bn expectin u guys,we wan 2 hav juniors too...i'm a batch B. Hope all of u in dis tread wil b posted 2 yagba east L.G.A,hehe. Ok! Kogi is lovly,but 2 poor,infact they pay d poorest in dis country,but m stil enjoyin wia i am. I'll b bk,any info u need just cal on me
hehehe see this Otondo.... I served in Yagba easr, ISANLU to be precised.... Batch C 2010. I hope you're catching your fun right there? I missed those areas.... Bagido, Beji wonder, Mopo market, etc. How RI? Mr Ajine Eba? I hope he's still the RI? He was my right hand gut men. My set gave him loads of headache.... Where are you serving! I mean your Ppa...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Kogi is a cool place to serve I was there in 2005 batch A, precisely I served in Kabba. If you have opportunity to influnce your posting pls dont put Lokoja on your list of prefrence I will suggest:
Kabba
Ogori/Magogo
Ijumu
Ajaokuta
Idah
Mopa
Yagba East
Also Asaya camp is a lovely place especially the mammy market there are lots of fun to catch and remmember you are having just 3weeks so catch fun. Also to the ladies dont let anybody deceive you with posting, have seen graduates been cajouled and messed up by illiterate soldiers and man o war personel cos of posting. It is advisable you relate directly with NYSC staff, there is no big deal in approaching the HOD mobilization to discuss yout posting you may be fortunate to be favoured rather than getting messed up. PLSSSS CATCH FUN.
I am somewhere around there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Krysstie: 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Tnk y'all 4 d info....rily nice. But wat exactly is wrng wit LOKOJA?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
Krysstie: Tnk y'all 4 d info....rily nice. But wat exactly is wrng wit LOKOJA?
Extreme weather condition; the heat in Lokoja is round the year, towns outside Lokoja enjoys power supply than Lokoja, accomodation wahala, limited good place of primary assignment among others.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by mrprince3: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
Krysstie: Tnk y'all 4 d info....rily nice. But wat exactly is wrng wit LOKOJA?
Lokoja is damn HOT.... And the cost of living there is so unbearable compared to other LGA. Again.. Most of the PPas dont give accomodation. Between.... Lokoja is still nice if you're lucky to be posted there tho.. Just try and save, get involved with extra lessons to make more money. That was how i survived. My ppa was paying me 1k and with extra lessons and tutorials, i get close to 1k plus 9,700 alawai. Not to talk of now that alawi has been increased to 20k
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by mrprince3: 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
mr_prince: Lokoja is damn HOT.... And the cost of living there is so unbearable compared to other LGA. Again.. Most of the PPas dont give accomodation. Between.... Lokoja is still nice if you're lucky to be posted there tho.. Just try and save, get involved with extra lessons to make more money. That was how i survived. My ppa was paying me 15k and with extra lessons and tutorials, i get close to 1k plus 9,700 alawai. Not to talk of now that alawi has been increased to 20k
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Krysstie: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
engrfcuksmtin: Extreme weather condition; the heat in Lokoja is round the year, towns outside Lokoja enjoys power supply than Lokoja, accomodation wahala, limited good place of primary assignment among others.

Owkay, tnx @bunch
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by auchman88(m): 12:14am On Nov 05, 2012
i love this thread. Im also posted to kogi too. Please enlighten us o guys
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 05, 2012
Wadup hommies.Kogi is a place to be;hospitable people with water in the state....I am a homeboy of d state 4 any info.beep me.I am base in Lokoja.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by fabraham(m): 5:09am On Nov 05, 2012
I'm frm Kogi st8 but presently serving in Edo state.holla @ ur boy if u R posted 2 Idah(my LGA) or FPI to be precise
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Niiade(m): 6:18am On Nov 05, 2012
I also served in Kogi State 2009, Ajaka in Igalamela/Odolu LGA. Kogi is quite the place though local but very warm and hospitable people. First week is usually stress in camp, you would always enjoy the rest, funny enough my younger brother is resuming camp there with batch C 2012 too. Good luck folks
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by frankville2001: 7:50am On Nov 05, 2012
I served in kogi 2011/2012 batch C corps member. My ppa was @ofu local govt. A superb dt links 2 d east. Asaya is wia d camp was located wch is 5hrs 4m ofu. Kogi is nt friendly I must tell u. If u r posted 2 d kogi east regions wch consists of ofu, igalamela/odolu,idah,ibaji,ankpa,dekina,bassa,olamboro,pls d igala ppu dnt joke wt dia ladies ooo, dy might kill or hurt u if u sleep wt dia ladies. So, jst go dia and serve ur fadaland. D weather conditions over there is xtremely high especially during february and march. U cud imagine my hair cream suddenly becomes watery cos of d intensity of the sun. So, jst get prepared 4 d challenges ahead.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by samuelolosho: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2012
Well, thats true, for those posted to kogi east, please leave their girls alone o. They dont joke wt dem o
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Ayorh4you(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2012
kinnad: We've bn expectin u guys,we wan 2 hav juniors too...i'm a batch B. Hope all of u in dis tread wil b posted 2 yagba east L.G.A,hehe. Ok! Kogi is lovly,but 2 poor,infact they pay d poorest in dis country,but m stil enjoyin wia i am. I'll b bk,any info u need just cal on me

wia in Yagba east were u posted? *jst trying 2help*
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by ifyonline(f): 11:39am On Nov 05, 2012
Yea,i camped @ asanya 2,infact i was d Miss hotlegs 4 Batch A 2012. Asanya camp is one of d best, No mosquitoes, steady lite n standby gen, steady water, D only camp dat Blk A is 4 boys n Blk b 4 gals.U wil mit D Pro Mrs Victoria n d Camp director(WeE Wee o). I was postd 2 Ejuku vilage in yagba East.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Xtiansun(m): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2012
This is really educative, but can anyone enlighten us on the easiest route from Enugu to the camp.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Niiade(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
Xtiansun: This is really educative, but can anyone enlighten us on the easiest route from Enugu to the camp.

well you can take a bus to idah or Okene, okene is better from enugu and enter kabba bus there, if you cant get direct bus. then you can go to nssukka and you will get those buses there. safe trip

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Xtiansun(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Niiade:

well you can take a bus to idah or Okene, okene is better from enugu and enter kabba bus there, if you cant get direct bus. then you can go to nssukka and you will get those buses there. safe trip
I'm very thankful.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Xtiansun(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
ifyonline: Yea,i camped @ asanya 2,infact i was d Miss hotlegs 4 Batch A 2012. Asanya camp is one of d best, No mosquitoes, steady lite n standby gen, steady water, D only camp dat Blk A is 4 boys n Blk b 4 gals.U wil mit D Pro Mrs Victoria n d Camp director(WeE Wee o). I was postd 2 Ejuku vilage in yagba East.
Xup, any update about the state allowee for kogi.

(1) (2) (3)

Nysc Batch A 2017 Update: How To Correct Your Date Of Birth On The NYSC Platform / NYSC: How To Maximize Your One Year As A 'corper' / Batch C14 Nassarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.