Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:59 PM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (26908 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
1ord: Ahh my friend you truly disappoint me amino acids are clearly organic matter http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid since you use wikepedia as a reputable source ( which I scoof at) that link clearly describes what amino acids are since you seem to lack a better understanding of my argument. I mean it is difficult to take you seriously. How can any reputable academic claim that amino acids are not organic matter given the large overwhelming evidence of the contrary. You are full of bull..... @retaining to your questions on the pressures that led to organisms with or without life ( what are the prerequisites for life what is more special in your class of mammals that you feel the need to class other species as lifeless) How narcistic. However I have given the pressures and how the celss evolved independently given the pressures and have even given an example of the reverse case ( tadpole organism) as proof however you call it mentally draining because you don't understand. Furthermore the fact that you dare say amino acids are not organic is such bull..... you can not be serious. You have to be troling like even a pre course biology takers in uni should be aware of how un serious you sound.

The wikipedia article you quote defines them as organic compounds... but of course we can waste a lot of time parsing semantics but i refuse to do so. The only thing i would say is that in no place did i claim that amino acids are not organic... the key word (not that you didnt know anyway) is the term "matter". As clearly defined by wikipedia (i even capitalized it and highlighted in blue), organic MATTER are basic structures created from cellulose, tannin, cutin, and lignin, along with other various proteins, lipids, and carbohydrate. Your typical integrated science class would define organic matter as composed of organic compounds that has come from the remains of dead organisms such as plants and animals and their waste products in the environment. So in essence, organic MATTER is a combination of several organic COMPOUNDS of which amino acids are but a small portion.

So while it is true that miller/urey created amino acids (that by the way are rotationally different from those found in living tissues), they did NOT create organic MATTER. See the difference here? Not expecting you to see it anyway. I find it amusing when i read from utter illiterates trying to banter science and then accusing those who expose their vapidity as narcissists.

It appears your own incoherence and the fact that i'm not going to sit around and allow you to appear "smart" has pushed you into utter apoplexy. Of course if you want to call a cob of maize life then be my guest. I'm sure other atheists are not wont to go down the road with you in order to prove a pointless point.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
davidylan:

The wikipedia article you quote defines them as organic compounds... but of course we can waste a lot of time parsing semantics but i refuse to do so. The only thing i would say is that in no place did i claim that amino acids are not organic... the key word (not that you didnt know anyway) is the term "matter". As clearly defined by wikipedia (i even capitalized it and highlighted in blue), organic MATTER are basic structures created from cellulose, tannin, cutin, and lignin, along with other various proteins, lipids, and carbohydrate. Your typical integrated science class would define organic matter as composed of organic compounds that has come from the remains of dead organisms such as plants and animals and their waste products in the environment. So in essence, organic MATTER is a combination of several organic COMPOUNDS of which amino acids are but a small portion.

So while it is true that miller/urey created amino acids (that by the way are rotationally different from those found in living tissues), they did NOT create organic MATTER. See the difference here? Not expecting you to see it anyway. I find it amusing when i read from utter illiterates trying to banter science and then accusing those who expose their vapidity as narcissists.

It appears your own incoherence and the fact that i'm not going to sit around and allow you to appear "smart" has pushed you into utter apoplexy. Of course if you want to call a cob of maize life then be my guest. I'm sure other atheists are not wont to go down the road with you in order to prove a pointless point.
loool nice one. I am aware that the compounds synthesized were different from that found in living tissue. that is why i even stated earlier that the conditions of primordial earth would differ from now hence the differences in their result and what can be found in organic tissues can be due to such errors. Yes amino acids are a small portion of organic compounds what matters is that they are the building blocks of proteins hence refereed to as the structures of life. Again the definition of amino acids from wikipedia that you have used as evidence. Amino acids (/əˈmiːnoʊ/, /əˈmaɪnoʊ/, or /ˈæmɪnoʊ/) are biologically important organic compounds composed of amine (-NH2) and carboxylic acid (-COOH) functional groups, along with a side-chain specific to each amino acid You claim i am an utter illiterate yet you say amino acids are not organic grin nice one #express yourself your earliy reply is open FOR all to see if i were you i would modify it i cant take you seriously after that error For you to make such an illogical statement means that you are trying to prove or shove your opinions down anothers throat regardless of logic. Ahh you claim i am a narcissist because i claim contrary to your opinion our genetic structure isn't that different from a maize cob hence who is to say what life is and what organisms existence can be termed with the word life. On what criteria is this judge? You are the one who called me a narcissist earlier whilst you seem to be the very definition of the word. Okay continue.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
1ord: loool nice one. I am aware that the compounds synthesized were different from that found in living tissue. that is why i even stated earlier that the conditions of primordial earth would differ from now hence the differences in their result and what can be found in organic tissues can be due to such errors.

Your persistence with vague responses leads me to believe you are simply winging this discussion. Human amino acids are exclusively stereoselective for the L- form of amino acids. Miller/Urey could only synthesize the D-forms... this is not just an "error"... its a clear difference in synthesis.

1ord:
Yes amino acids are a small portion of organic compounds what matters is that they are the building blocks of proteins hence refereed to as the structures of life. Again the definition of amino acids from wikipedia that you have used as evidence. Amino acids (/əˈmiːnoʊ/, /əˈmaɪnoʊ/, or /ˈæmɪnoʊ/) are biologically important organic compounds composed of amine (-NH2) and carboxylic acid (-COOH) functional groups, along with a side-chain specific to each amino acid

Amino acids are the structure of life.... but are pretty much useless if you don't have DNA. This is one of the chicken and egg questions people like you have to deal with. DNA is transcribed to RNA which is then translated to proteins (basically amino acid chains)... so which came first? Amino acids or DNA? Unfortunately miller/urey did not help us figure that one out.

1ord:
You claim i am an utter illiterate yet you say amino acids are not organic grin nice one #express yourself your earliy reply is open FOR all to see if i were you i would modify it i cant take you seriously after that error For you to make such an illogical statement means that you are trying to prove or shove your opinions down anothers throat regardless of logic. Ahh you claim i am a narcissist because i claim contrary to your opinion our genetic structure isn't that different from a maize cob hence who is to say what life is and what organisms existence can be termed with the word life. On what criteria is this judge? You are the one who called me a narcissist earlier whilst you seem to be the very definition of the word. Okay continue.

I think you can read... read my last two replies. You dont have to spend the rest of the time openly lying.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 4:47am On Sep 08, 2014
davidylan:

Your persistence with vague responses leads me to believe you are simply winging this discussion. Human amino acids are exclusively stereoselective for the L- form of amino acids. Miller/Urey could only synthesize the D-forms... this is not just an "error"... its a clear difference in synthesis.

Amino acids are the structure of life.... but are pretty much useless if you don't have DNA. This is one of the chicken and egg questions people like you have to deal with. DNA is transcribed to RNA which is then translated to proteins (basically amino acid chains)... so which came first? Amino acids or DNA? Unfortunately miller/urey did not help us figure that one out.

I think you can read... read my last two replies. You don't have to spend the rest of the time openly lying.
davidylan:
(1) have very little understanding of the experiment and (2) spend a lot of time misconstruing terms. The miller/urey experiment tried to show, that you can synthesize amino acids in a test tube... that is NOT the same as organic matter. It is important to understand the meaning of the term "ORGANIC MATTER". Wikipedia describes it as "basic structures are created from cellulose, ? tannin, cutin, and lignin, along with other various proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates".
Openly lying? Nice one. So the difference in the conditions under which synthesis took place can not constitute to this difference? Yes or No and why.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by SniperAssassin: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2019

Even animals do not do it, to show you how disgusting & morally wrong it is! The designer & giver of life knows it is wrong!
Wikipedia link:https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfotnKgAivGDMsa7

Homosexual behavior in animals

Homosexual behavior in animals is sexual behavior among non-human species that is interpreted as homosexual or bisexual. This may include same-sex sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs.[1][2][3] Various forms of this are found in every major geographic region and every major animal group. The sexual behavior of non-human animals takes many different forms, even within the same species, though homosexual behavior is best known from social species.

Scientists perceive homosexual behavior in animals to different degrees. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood.[citation needed] According to Bruce Bagemihl, the animal kingdom engages in homosexual behavior "with much greater sexual diversity – including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex – than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."[4] Bagemihl adds, however, that this is "necessarily an account of human interpretations of these phenomena".[5] Simon LeVay stated that "[a]lthough homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity."[6] One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[7][8] "About 10% of rams (males), refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."[8]

According to Bagemihl (1999), same-sex behavior (comprising courtship, sexual, pair-bonding, and parental activities) has been documented in over 450 species of animals worldwide

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Efolk: / Revelation Of Hell, Heaven And Rapture- A Must Read! / Pastor 'heals' Mad Man In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.