Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Help! How Do You Wash Blood Out Of Chicken? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help! How Do You Wash Blood Out Of Chicken? (2283 Views)

Raw Blood Found In Fish Pepper Soup Sold At An Eatery In Abuja (Photos) / Don't Wash Your Chicken Before Cooking - Health Researchers / How Many Pieces Of Chicken Do You Get In A KFC Bucket. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do You Wash Blood Out Of Chicken? by ayettymama(f): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2008
all the chicken i cook in this country has near-black insides no matter how much i cook them. Help please
Re: Help! How Do You Wash Blood Out Of Chicken? by ell77(f): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2008
Which country is that? Are you sure the chiken is not spoilt?

Anyway I usually wash chicken in a plastic bowl/basin with water and lemon or vinegar if I don't have lemon. I keep rubbing the chicken on outside same way you would wash any skin (like part of your own body).

The inside is trickier. Some people put their hand in and grab everything they can and yank out  all the contents. My mum taught me to use a spoon though to scrape the inside, rotating my hand and pulling from inside out in straight lines until all the contents fall out. This is because sometimes your hand cannot grab all the tiny bits and also if there are any broken bones etc they are likely to pierce your skin.

Keep rinsing the the bowl out and changing the water until the water is practically clear of any pink (may be cloudy because of the lemon or vinegar). If you really ae worried about the insides still you can make two vertical cuts on either side of the spine and break the back so that it opens up. That way you can see any areas where blood and organs and eggs etc remain. The only problem with this is it won't remain in its natural shape.

Hope that was what you needed! 
Re: Help! How Do You Wash Blood Out Of Chicken? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:54am On Feb 13, 2008
ell77:

Which country is that? Are you sure the chiken is not spoilt?

Anyway I usually wash chiken in a plastic bowl/basin with water and lemon or vinegar if I don't have lemon. I keep rubbing the chicken on outside same way you would wash any skin (like part of your own body).

The inside is trickier. Some people put their hand in and grab everything they can and yank out all the contents. My mum taught me to use a spoon though to scrape the inside, rotating my hand and pulling from inside out in straight lines until all the contents fall out. This is because sometimes your hand cannout grab all the tiny bits and also if there are any broken bones etc they are likely to pierce your skin.

Keep rinsing the the bowl out and changing the water until the water is practically clear of any pink (may be cloudy because of the lemon or vinegar). If you really ae worried about the insides still you can make two vertical cuts on either side of the pine and break the bcak so that it opens up. That way you can see any areas where blood and organs and eggs etc remain. The only problem with this is it won't remain in its natural shape.

Hope that was what you needed!

Well said wink
Re: Help! How Do You Wash Blood Out Of Chicken? by ell77(f): 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2008
Thanks I hope she has had better luck with her chicken now! lol.

(1) (Reply)

Trending Cakes At Procakes Trix / Ahhhhhh, Dis Diet Thing Is Killing Me. Why Are Naija Foods So Calorific / My Sharp-sharp Nigerian Jollof Rice -_photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.