Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS (15242 Views)

Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets / Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? / Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Tecno / Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2012
As the Android wave is hitting Nigeria, so is our developers hunger to tinker, debug and
compile for the platform. Today we look at the top 5 Nigerian apps that are available on the Google play.

The list is not exhaustive but we would limit it based on top downloads.

Here we go
1. Afrinolly: With the expansion of the Nollywood industry, it was just a matter of time before means would be developed that would stream content, trailers and previews to our phones and tablets.

Download Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fcolimited.Afrinolly&feature=search_result

2. Nigeria News : The #1 news reader app for Nigerian on Google Play now supports widget. No notifications icon and bookmark ads.
It’s a fast and easy way to read Nigeria News on Android. Nigeria News gives you easy access to read the most popular news sources from Nigeria on your Android device. Take this app with you and stay informed with access to the latest news.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daingo.news.nigeria&feature=search_result

3. tfsRadio Nigeria: Radio Nigeria brings you wide variety of stations. tfsRadio recording + alarm clock plays music and streams news with radio stations from all over Nigeria.

Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.localradiofree.nigeria&feature=search_result

4. Nigerian Constitution: The Nigerian Constitution for all project hopes to address the lack of knowledge of the nation’s laws on the part of the citizenry. The project’s focus is to ensure Nigerians have a working knowledge of the constitution by providing an easily accessible version of the document for mobile phones.

Download Link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pledge51.nigerianconstitution&feature=search_result

5. Nigerian Movies: Watch the latest Full lenth Nigerian Movies on the go from your Android device.

Watch the latest Nigerian Movies on the go from your Android device. Best of all we have FULL length Nollywood movies for FREE. Music Video, Movies, HD movies!!
Watch Nigerian Movies, Yoruba Movies, Nigerian Films, Nollywood Videos, Nollywood movies, Naija
Movies.
Download Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wNigerianMovies&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS53TmlnZXJpYW5Nb3ZpZXMiXQ..

Now there’s our top 5 Nigerian Apps for Android, if your favorite app is not included, please do let us know by using the comment button below.

Source www.tech-unwired.com/2012/11/top-5-nigerian-apps-for-android-os-android-nigerian-apps-afrinolly-nigerian-constitution/

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
your download link is not active yet
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Sorry..will fix that
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
acidosis™:
your download link is not active yet

its done now.. thanks for pointing that out
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 03, 2012
el_nino:

its done now.. thanks for pointing that out
yep thanks.. I have the constitution and the radio now..
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2012
Glad I could be of help
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by walcolm(m): 7:08am On Nov 05, 2012
is the constitution app on android better than that on BB? i downloaded the BB version and it was crap so i'm hesitant to download this one
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2012
walcolm: is the constitution app on android better than that on BB? i downloaded the BB version and it was crap so i'm hesitant to download this one

Yea its better
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by walcolm(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
el_nino:

Yea its better

thanx. will check it out
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
walcolm:

thanx. will check it out

Let us know your findings bro
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
walcolm: is the constitution app on android better than that on BB? i downloaded the BB version and it was crap so i'm hesitant to download this one
Don't know about the one on BB.. but its cool on android.. you'll love it.. clear interface + the ability to post directly on sites like facebook without copying & pasting..

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
i think www.okwaifugo.com will be good if the app will be developed.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by SisiKill1: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
Jeedus Effing Christos. . .what boring Apps!!

Totally lost me with the two that had to do with Nollywood, why anyone would wanna download that crap is beyond me. Heck, you shouldn't even ever ever admit you watch Nollywood Movies (even with a gun to your head) not to talk of liking it to the point of downloading the app. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
thisdayonline app is what i have on my android phone, but i barely use it.
any app that can provide free access to naija songs or movies would be an instant hit. non at the moment.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by echibuzor: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Keke on the run nko? Saw it on playstore sometime ago but my SG-5300 isnt compatible...
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by chucky234(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Those apps will bore life out of your android,used to have the constitution on my phone but had it deleted after two days.
Nollywood movies are always a huge turnoff and that makes Afrinolly a bin app.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by slimming: 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Great apps.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by ceejayluv(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
Just downloaded the constitution app... E try sha.. At least for quick references and enlightenment
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by docjuli(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
chucky234: Those apps will bore life out of your android,used to have the constitution on my phone but had it deleted after two days.

Why did you delete the constitution? Does it do any background update?

I disabled my Map cos that drinks data like water.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by perez019(m): 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
Pls @ all, I just got an android tab and I need help on how To download microsoft office packages and other interesting apps, pls how do I go about it?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
perez019: Pls @ all, I just got an android tab and I need help on how To download microsoft office packages and other interesting apps, pls how do I go about it?

Download kingsoft office...it creates, open and edit...word, excel and powerpoint

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
chucky234: Those apps will bore life out of your android,used to have the constitution on my phone but had it deleted after two days.
I don't like nollywood my self but there is an app for the lovers of it
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by perez019(m): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
el_nino:

Download kingsoft office...it creates, open and edit...word, excel and powerpoint

Thank u sir
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by XXICT: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
non for balckberry?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by Ayomax(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
TVC application is also great. watching TVC live on my android. hoping we can have nairaland app one day for android.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
OkwaIfugo: i think www.okwaifugo.com will be good if the app will be developed.
You mean an Android app for your site?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
A Nairaland droid or iOS app would certainly grab a huge following imagine not having to be at your computer to make your opinions known on Nairaland. rather than a mobi site it will be a true app optimized for handhelds and tablets. the occasional ad popping up every 20 minutes (you pay to get them off).. unless @SEUN is sleeping on his success; this is a SURE-BANKER

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by elnino3(m): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: A Nairaland droid or iOS app would certainly grab a huge following imaging not having to be at your computer to make your opinions known on Nairaland. rather than a mobi site it will be a true app optimized for handhelds and tablets. the occasional ad popping up every 20 minutes (you pay to get them off).. unless @SEUN is sleeping on his success; this is a SURE-BANKER

There is a popular forum that implemented something like that...I think it's xda developers..they have an app for its forum. Seun should do something like that. But on the other hand you can get tapatalk app..it's developed mainly for forums
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
pls I have an android fone. have been trying to download pes11 and mortal combat from google play but can't find. how do I get it. its y I got thus large screen fone cos I love playing games. pls help.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by Pleasantme: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Pls all,Hubby is getn me a tablet in a week's time BUT we aren't sure of wich...He uses an IPAD2 n kinda complains of its rigidity as regards sum app n all.we were close 2buying Samsung tab 2.0 BUt we hrd deres a samsung note dat is higher cos it can b partitioned n all. We r rily confused as 2which 2get cos deres bn a lot of negative feedback as regards samsung tablets.

I wud aprc8 recommendations for a good tablet wit price estimate! Am an efizzy lover.lol. An actualy wana go for d BEST aving waited for a while!!!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS by sonety2k(m): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / Need A Site For Mobile Movie Download / Updating N72 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.