Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

How Often Do You Pray?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Often Do You Pray?? (4105 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2012
I know its not so good but i find myself so guilty of not praying to God as frequent as a christian should. I've made a resolution to start praying and communicating more with God now..but most times its only in d morning i do pray..even at dat they are sometimes so short..i find praying for long suddenly tedious.(God help me)...and also when i need something also.(i know dats not good)
Sometimes, i find myself not even praying at all for a week at a stretch..maybe except for the 'thank you Lord' i mutter silently occasionally..
But serious prayer?? ..i don't do dat too often,we're so distant. i'm trying to cultivate a praying habit..want to feel God closer to me..but its still same situation..i dunno why?? What can one do then??
And how often do you pray to ur God also??
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by k2039: 10:16am On Nov 03, 2012
As often as I need to.
Besides if you can count the number of times you pray,IMHO you have not prayed enough(I mean communion with God)
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by CrazyMan(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2012
If you feed your physical body 3 or more times a day, then feeding your spirit man (praying) shouldn't a big deal.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2012
prayer to me is communicating with ur maker and sustainer......we do dat almost every minute but funny we dont regard it as prayer.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by shewanna: 10:30am On Nov 03, 2012
Op: I'm just like you God help me.....

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2012
Some people don't even pray at all except when in church.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by CrazyMan(m): 8:42am On Nov 04, 2012
True!
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Sirniyeh(m): 10:09am On Nov 04, 2012
Hun-un-un-un, na wa for this religious folks! We substitute meditation/reasoning for prayer. Oops!
God does not need your prayer because you dont pray for God.
Communication with God is done via deep meditation and not prayer.
Praying is an erroneous motive that demoralises God.
Meditation means mental processing of an issue.
Today civilization is as a result of meditation and not prayer.
Your making is via meditation and not prayer.
It is either you meditate or incantation.
It takes incantation to invoke the spirit. Mere utterances is vanity.
Since 2008 I never open my mouth to pray or all in Jesus Name but walk about meditating on the way forward, in the course of that I recieve inspiration. I follow my mind

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2012
Countless. Because the enemies in my father and mother's house don't rest. Unfriendly friends too don't rest. So, I keep on praying
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by dan55: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2012
as much as you can count
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by slimyem: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2012
Not often...
In church...
...and when on a bike....
Lord have mercy on my soul.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Superuser(m): 11:13am On Nov 04, 2012
By the grace of God, God has taught me to pray minimum 3times a day. You can also set alarm for a time of prayer, before you know it you will get used to praying always. Regards
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by CrazyMan(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2012
solidbroda: Countless. Because the enemies in my father and mother's house don't rest. Unfriendly friends too don't rest. So, I keep on praying
Don't you feel it would be much better to show them love rather than getting all worked up on their behalf (praying and fasting)

See Christ opinion about how you should treat your enemies.

Matthew 5:43-48. "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'

44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2012
How many prayers of your has been answered?
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by manugbo(m): 11:18am On Nov 04, 2012
i observe three times prayer,though sometimes i skip wink
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2012
I don't think there is a limit to the number of times we could pray on daily basis. That said, many of us are guilty of the fact that we only pray once daily or some don't even pray at all for days at stretch.

However, I pray at least twice daily, the first in the morning when I wake up and another at night when going to bed, with the former being the longest one for me between 20-30mins or more as the grace is given. If I've to observe a fasting/prayer programme mostly whenever I'm seeking the face of God for a breakthru or success on an endeavour, I try to pray as much as I could before breaking the fast.

At times the spirit is always willing but the body weak. IMHO, I think we need to ask for God's grace to give us the heart that always pray and not only pray but pray a prevailing prayers as sometimes we as human do pray amiss.

In addition, we need to cultivate the habit of spending time meditating on his word, that would help us in drawing closer to him, and he would also draw closer to us and that would help enhance and grow our spiritual life through daily fellowship with God meditating at his feet and also help build up our prayer life, not only when we're in dire need of something but always, as Apostle Paul had admonished us in the book of 1st Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing".

I pray the good Lord in his infinite mercies and goodness will help us and grant us the grace to live a more righteous and fulfilled life as expected of us in Jesus name, amen.

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by manugbo(m): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2012
i pray three times daily, but sometimes i skip.. wink
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by member16: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2012
Normal day routine(with the exception of ramadan or anything similar)
Five times daily(obligatory)
Then some times after the obligatory, a short prayer (optional)

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2012
I pray everyday, I always acknowledge God in whatever I do. Its constant, it could last between 5 seconds and 30 seconds.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by manugbo(m): 11:26am On Nov 04, 2012
Sirniyeh: Hun-un-un-un, na wa for this religious folks! We substitute meditation/reasoning for prayer. Oops!
Since 2008 I never open my mouth to pray or all in Jesus Name but walk about meditating on the way forward, in the course of that I recieve inspiration. I follow my mind

pls, bros we were told that jesus started with prayer. A good prayer goes with connection, u have to connect with ur creator first before voicing out if need be
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Lordave: 11:27am On Nov 04, 2012
only on sundays and I don't know why.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by tgoldmama(f): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2012
like every morning undecided
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Orikinla(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2012
As often as I can breathe.
To thank God the giver of life for every breath HE give me to live on earth.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 04, 2012
Sirniyeh: Hun-un-un-un, na wa for this religious folks! We substitute meditation/reasoning for prayer. Oops!
see this phucking spiritualist thinking he's practising Christianity. You are so deluded.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by hugafella(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2012
I honestly have not been praying as I should. We do pray every morning in my office but I believe christianity is a personal relationship with God. May God give me the grace to pray all the time because we live in perilous times. The devil is really at work especially in Nigeria. There is a lot to pray about. May God help us all to make heaven, In Jesus name.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:54am On Nov 04, 2012
solidbroda: Countless. Because the enemies in my father and mother's house don't rest. Unfriendly friends too don't rest. So, I keep on praying

With the above; I take it, you are a 'Yoruba' man.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by ghettodreamz(m): 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Don't you feel it would be much better to show them love rather than getting all worked up on their behalf (praying and fasting)

See Christ opinion about how you should treat your enemies.

Matthew 5:43-48. "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'

44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Bro, don't be deceived, even Bible tell us to be alert for our enemies, in accordance to 1st Peter 5:8 & Ephesians 6:12

1st Peter 5

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[a] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Ephesians 6:11-12

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

The earlier the better you stand against those demonic and wicked ones of the under-world in your parent household or generation, the better they will pave ways for you to succeed in life and for you to live a fulfilled life of greatness that God almighty had destined you for. Don't gock yourself in the name of praying for your enemies because they're not smiling and don't want you to succeed at all.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by mallorca(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
Any man who is not praying is playing,pray always
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Manweysabi(m): 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sirniyeh:

foolishness! How could fasting make you get closer to God? Where is God that you want to get closer? Well, read my signature: the truth is, fasting and God have no connection, no relationship, it is only foolish swagger of the obsessed mind. No doubt, 1yr fasting is a foolish step into grave. How can you believe fasting can solve your financial status in the first place? Fasting..fasting..fasting..fasting.. I laugh in greek.
Fasting lowers human IQ
Fasting enhances risk of Ulcer
Fasting affects psychologically
Fasting tells on your physique
so keep on fasting.............
see your life? OYO!
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by mumumugu(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
Wen i rememba
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nickydrake(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2012
blink182: see this phucking spiritualist thinking he's practising Christianity. You are so deluded.

I share your sentiment, but without the strong language. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by codernoni: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
mallorca: Any man who is not praying is playing,pray always
These pastors don carry their rhymes full your head abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spirituality After(/outside) Religion / Good Ifa Priest/ Babalawo Needed / How I Became A Christian Believer And An Evangelist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.