Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking (4745 Views)

Four ‘one Chance’ Robbers Nabbed In Abuja [see Photo] / Six ‘One Chance’ Robbers Nabbed In Kwara (Photos) / Busted: "Wicked One Chance" Taxi Driver Nabbed In Abuja(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by abbey37(m): 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
Two suspects, Emeka Ibeh and Chinedu Onwurah, were recently apprehended at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, with 6.435kg of narcotics. Both suspects were arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.

NDLEA Abuja Airport Commander, Hamisu Lawan, confirming the arrests, said 32-year-old Ibeh was caught with 5.200kg of substances found to be methamphetamine hidden inside his luggage, while Onwurah, also of the same age, had ingested 1.235kg of substances that tested positive to cocaine.

The suspects, regretting their actions, told CRIME DIGEST how the search for greener pastures led them into drug trafficking. Ibeh reportedly left Nigeria in 2005 after his secondary education to Guinea Bissau and returned to Nigeria last January after a fruitless search for fortune.

The Anambra State native said, “When I left the country in 2005, I thought everything would be rosy. Unfortunately, this was never the case. I suffered hardship until my return to the country in January this. I now live in Lagos where I sell ladies’ clothes to earn a living. It was in Lagos that I met an old friend I knew in Guinea Bissau.

“He told me he was now an importer. During our discussion, he promised to make me one of his managers, managing his business in India. The agreement was for me to take a bag to India for $2,500 with all expenses paid. I was on my first trip when the methamphetamine was discovered in the bag he gave me.”

Onwurah, on his own part, ended up in an Algerian border detention facility while trying to cross into Europe.

He said, “I wanted to go to Europe in search of better job opportunities. Unfortunately for me, I was detained at the border detention facility in Algeria. I could not regain my freedom; I was totally at the mercy of the officials and had to rely on them for water and food.

“I remained there until a Nigerian man came and assisted me to regain my freedom. He bought me a plane ticket back to Nigeria; I was so grateful that I felt I owed him my life. When he asked me to smuggle drugs to enable him raise enough capital for me to settle down, I was glad to accept his offer. I did not even negotiate with him because of what he had done for me.”

Chairman of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, urged members of the public to be self-driven and identify opportunities in their environment.

He said, “I want members of the public to support the campaign against drug trafficking. The story of these drug suspects is very sad. It is a warning that people should look before they leap. There are numerous opportunities in this country and I urge members of the public to shun drug trafficking.”

http://www.punchng.com/feature/crime-digest/two-nabbed-in-abuja-for-drug-trafficking/
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Osiris211: 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
The most industrious biafrogs!

3 Likes

Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by achi4u(m): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
Another Igbo bashing thread that will soon hit frontpage even without a source.

Now, if truly this two fellows are nabbed because of the said drug offenceses,let them face the music.

Aburo m nwanne ndi ara.
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by achi4u(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Osiris.211:
you no dey tire for tribalism?

mtseeeeeeew.

fukoff.
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Osiris211: 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by RedLight1: 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
Haba. Dis peopili I no dey tire to dey carry drug maana angry
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by StarFist(m): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
Well done boys! Get Rich or Die trying! Datz d spirit cheesy
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
Star Fist :
Well done boys! Get Rich or Die trying! Datz d spirit cheesy
abi oo! me I don tire for this kind story.if no be Baba Suwe na that other yoruba actress.wetin be her name sef? Mtscheeew.man must chop na! Abi no be so?
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Ejine(m): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
LOOOOOL! grin
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by StarFist(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
berem: abi oo! me I don tire for this kind story.if no be Baba Suwe na that other yoruba actress.wetin be her name sef? Mtscheeew.man must chop na! Abi no be so?
Na so bro
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by otokx(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
achi4u: Another Igbo bashing thread that will soon hit frontpage even without a source.

Now, if truly this two fellows are nabbed because of the said drug offenceses,let them face the music.

Aburo m nwanne ndi ara.

Nairaland has to change
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by IleIfe2(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
Badest sharp guys!!
kwenu!! grin grin grin

Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by ihebrooke(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
Osiris.211:

When will you grow up?
Is your tribe guiltless?
Nobody is supporting their action, but it is unreasonable to turn it into a tribal bashing thread.
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by topsyking: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2012
This ibo boyz will never stop disgracing this country..thank God they were cutt b4 dey left d airport...
IGBO means I MUST MAKE IT IF I DIE..NOTHIN WILL STOP ME
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Shaw007(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
Mtchew. . .Na2day??
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by SamAfrik(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
Finished secondary sch in 2005. Nigeria loosing its youths. Is the govt making conscious efforts to reverse this trend?
The society shd also reduce its emphasis on money money money.
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by wellmax(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Some peeps are already getting angry. The guys involved are NIGERIANS and we all should be ashamed.
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by 50calibre(m): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
topsyking: This ibo boyz will never stop disgracing this country..thank God they were cutt b4 dey left d airport...
IGBO means I MUST MAKE IT IF I DIE..NOTHIN WILL STOP ME

Guy stop reasoning with your anus, use you brain for once no matter how limited it may be.

1 Like

Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by White007(m): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
Two people caught at Abuja airport for drug trafficking and this is suppose to make front page.

Mtcheeew.....Na today!
Next pls!!!
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by zumbigbo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
Umunna - there has to come a point where this 'money at all costs mentality' has to change. For what, to impress who...better to sit down in on corner with one kola nut than be chasing fake gold all over the place. grin grin
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by sherrylo: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2012
Osiris.211:

Dont start the tribal war pls
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by SamAfrik(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Stories like this saddens me.
God please in your infinite mercies, bless Nigeria with good, selfless & innovative leaders so that we can stop wasting the glorious lives of our youths. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by topsyking: 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
50calibre:

Guy stop reasoning with your anus, use you brain for once no matter how limited it may be.
Ya faatheer..na me u won face..yaa faather again
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by 50calibre(m): 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
topsyking:
Ya faatheer..na me u won face..yaa faather again

That's your anus speaking! A man without a brain is like a truck with no steering wheel. Ram like you
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by seedord247(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2012
When i went tooo igbo land they dash so many titles.... Egonekwu grin angry
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Just needed to check their names and I was not disappointed.. Na wa o for them o o..
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Emeka Ibeh and Chinedu Onwurah... OK. We don hear o..
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by slimming: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
Love of money kills.

1 Like

Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by ichidodo: 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
berem: abi oo! me I don tire for this kind story.if no be Baba Suwe na that other yoruba actress.wetin be her name sef? Mtscheeew.man must chop na! Abi no be so?
NA WUNMI SUMTHING, SHEY NA BUKKY WRIGHT?
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by ichidodo: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
ihebrooke:

When will you grow up?
Is your tribe guiltless?
Nobody is supporting their action, but it is unreasonable to turn it into a tribal bashing thread.
OGA DONT BE NAIVE AS IT IS ALREADY A TRIBAL BASHIN THREAD. U C ANYTIME THE YERIBAS A55ES HAVE BEEN LICKED TRIBALLY ELSE WHERE IN THE FORUM, THE MODS WILS DROP SUMTIN LIKE THIS TO TURN THE TABLES. ANYWAY, I AM HERE TO GATECRASH THIS PARTY.
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2012
ichidodo: NA WUNMI SUMTHING, SHEY NA BUKKY WRIGHT?
e be like! I no fit remember her name sef! Mtscheeew.
Re: Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking by Tropilo(m): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
The EPL is getting more interesting o!
Chelsea played a one all draw with Swansea, nawa!
Arsenal lost. Eiya!
Its still goaless in Man City's match. Wetin una think say go hapun?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Slovakian Woman Urinating On A Koran And Burning It - Video / George Floyd's Long Abandoned Son & Daughter Attends His Funeral / Shock As Catholic Priest Impregnates At Least 30 Nuns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.