Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 (10332 Views)

Be Prepared To Play Credible Opposition, Mark Tells PDP / No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 / No Credible Political Ideology In Nigeria –– Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by shineeye1: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2012
It is prety obvious that the only obstacle to Jonathan's re-election is his performance. The hypocrisy of the north is exposed beyond redemption. The east remains unprepared and the west is battle weary. Ordinaryly, the coast is clear for Jona.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
It's True. For NOW.
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by locdog(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
igbos people should wake up, Jonathan is nt an igbo man, they should find someone credibile to represent dem in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Turbocharged: 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
Zeus I: On point. PDP were very successful in undermining and tarnishing the image of any prospective seeming-formidable contender, thereby setting the stage for GEJ. Besides, the massive support of the stealthly furtive, yet formidable tribe in Nigeria(South-East) serves a powerful pedestal to stand himself till 2019. That is what the plan says( though still kept secret by Ohanaeze-Ndiigbo[don't ask me how i knew]), to use Jonathan's administration(since the inception of his admin till 2019) to toughen the SE political position to eneble them(SE) subdue all opposition come 2019. The myopic masses, nevertheless, will keep saying thrash till the plan of the conspirators are actualised. Initially, Easerners were massacred for what the northeners irrationally termed ' Igbo conspiracy'(which was never the case) in Jan 15 1966. But now, Igbo enemies will see how 'conspiracy theory' works: 'demoralising the enemy from within by surprise, sabotage, terror and assassination, this is the war strategy of today'. We are watching.
DO NOT "POO-POO" ON THIS THREAD!
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
Well, I don't really know how 2015 is gonna work out if a northerner does not win. All southerners would have to return home cos the dog and the baboon would be soaked in blood.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by garrigangster: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
sapphire01: Please I wud really implore we Nigerians to be wise as regards 2015. If someone ere is claiming dat "d devil he knows is beta than some angels he doesn't kno", then dats only a statement of resignation 2 negative fate. If u cum ere 2 say Yorubas are this, hausas are that, and Igbos are that too, I wud like 2 ask u sumfn. Wot do u think is d worst dat cud eva happen 2 dis country? D fact is dat GEJ has made enuff moves dat can sure wreck dis nation nd her people. Terrible things re happening nd GEJ wud rather fold his arms. So by 2015, even if a chairman of NURTW steps up as GEJ's only opposition, shudnt we rather support him? @ least it's a case of 50:50 as regards expectation. As for GEJ, we shudnt expect any positive thing 4rm his side mehn, except we won't learn lessons. Let's not be like dat proverbial dog of old dat failed 2 yield 2 d hunter's whistle. Very soon, d whistles will blow, let's be wise enough to discern which to yield 2. God bless Nigeria
Beautiful nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Caseless: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
Back in 1998, nobody predicted he's goin to become president or pridicted his oppositions, and here he is as our president today....so i dont believe in any porous prediction of a former chairman. He should keep his thought tll 2015 as the event of that time will determine who become our president then. Who knows.... I might become his opponent and possibly the president.*hopes for the best, but expects the worst*....that man need not come back....i don taya!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
malele: Its fact and if care is not taken, he might win if he comes out again

Even if care is taken, he will win.
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by beespak7(m): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
OH boy ehh!!! Na him be say naija don enter one chance be dat shocked shocked ok naw make we dey jankolo dey go.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote
author=locdog]igbos people should wake up, Jonathan is nt an igbo man,
they should find someone credibile to represent dem in 2015. [/quote]

Relax, things are not done that way. GEJ is only a platform to climb on. But let's talk about a detrbalized leader who has the entire country as his constituency
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by takedat(m): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
akpumping7720:
So should we now split or what?
No. but since a lot of people have resigned to fate based on crass sentiment, it is safe to say that PDP will rule Nigeria for 60 years just like the former chairman of the party said.
With the loot available at PDP's disposal one shouldn't be surprised if Nigeria ends up with a one party system except if the youths take up the gauntlet and wrestle Nigeria from them

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by pressongodsay(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
The devil himself is tired of the way nigeria is been govern.
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Zeus I: On point. PDP were very successful in undermining and tarnishing the image of any prospective seeming-formidable contender, thereby setting the stage for GEJ. Besides, the massive support of the stealthly furtive, yet formidable tribe in Nigeria(South-East) serves a powerful pedestal to stand himself till 2019. That is what the plan says( though still kept secret by Ohanaeze-Ndiigbo[don't ask me how i knew]), to use Jonathan's administration(since the inception of his admin till 2019) to toughen the SE political position to eneble them(SE) subdue all opposition come 2019. The myopic masses, nevertheless, will keep saying thrash till the plan of the conspirators are actualised. Initially, Easerners were massacred for what the northeners irrationally termed ' Igbo conspiracy'(which was never the case) in Jan 15 1966. But now, Igbo enemies will see how 'conspiracy theory' works: 'demoralising the enemy from within by surprise, sabotage, terror and assassination, this is the war strategy of today'. We are watching.
Can any rational Nigerian read nd digest this. Actualy this is d true picture of the issues on ground. Arewa are fools, distroying their home with their hands who will errect the home for them later? slowpoke!
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Gbawe: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Folks are just going along with an inane statement blindly without even inspecting it for logic. This is 2012. The general election is still three years away. How many candidates have come out openly to declare their ambition or rule themselves out before we all start 'throwing in the towel' over this man's opinion that lacks logical sense?

There is plenty of time for credible candidate to emerge. Also, are we static and destined to remain in 2012? Can future events over the next few years not contribute to permutations affecting the future? As far as I know, the next presidential elections won't be conducted in 2012 and all the doom and gloom here is a measure of how Nigerians sometimes accept the flawed conclusions of others too easily.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Its time for technocrats to vie for Presidency. GEJ has set the stage and now we need technocrats to continue from where GEJ will stop. Boko Haram just confirmed that Buhari is their master terrorist. Tinubu is now hated on the street for his selfishness and greed. Atiku Abubakar is one hypocritic that 21st politics has exposed. Ribadu is dancing Azonto on the PDP dancehall. Who again ? Hell-Rufai, nah..He is mad on twitter. Oh, Bakare, how can I forget, he is a divine politician who has soiled his name for mixing religion and politics. As at this moment, there is no contender to GEJ. And how can I forget ? Aso Rock will never be vacant till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by HonLord: 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
When will all of you change from Childhood to adulthood? Just because of what a man who is looking for appointment said now we all have suddenly forgotten ourselves to JONATHAN!. Why should a good thinking man said that GEJ has no opposition? Is it because THE YORUBAS has no stake in 2015? Is it because it is the turn of the East or North?

Every Nigerian should always be watchful of any YORUBA PERSON (GREEN SNAKE in GREEN GRASS). You hardly get the truth from them (male & Female alike). Why would there not be opposition? Is Jonathan doing well? Is Jonathan awarding contract to good citizens exept MILITANTS - TOM-POLO etc? Is Jonathan's administration mindful of her citizens protection? BOKO HARAM killed how many and how many of these BH members has been officialy and publicly prosecuted? The once caught where are they? How many death has Nigeria recorded since after his primaries? What did he do to those family members and has he been able to prevent future once? How has he handled all his corrupt friends and party members killing the masses.

When FOOLS like this property looter is talking - IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT NOBODY IS TALKING. There are more than 1000 good opposition that will do more than GEJ. If they cannot even do anything, they can STOP THE FLOOD FROM DESTROYING FARMLANDS AND POOR MASSES PROPERTIES and used that BILLIONS shared with his friends for another New Projects - GOATS. GEJ should stop deceiving Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Ikwerefistson: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
Turbocharged: Against the backdrop of President Goodluck Jonathan’s yet-to-be announced re-election bid, a Lagos-based social critic, Prince Kayode Olowu, has said that the president would be his own greatest inhibition, as there is a dearth of trustworthy opposition across the political spectrum.

Olowu regretted that Jonathan had left the masses after riding on their popular support to power, saying, however, that he still has a chance to “return to the people through honest performance.”

According to Olowu, a former chairman of Lagos State Property Development Corporation, “There is no credible opposition now. Those in the PDP are merely ‘People Deceiving People’, and outside PDP, the opposition elements cannot be trusted. For now, those calling themselves opposition are not credible people. President Jonathan still has the chance to do it in such a way that Nigerians will just tell him to carry on.

“He should stop telling us he is not our problem. After all, what did he promise? Did he not promise that those not having shoes would be given to wear? “He should reorder his priorities to make the common people the target of his political agenda and development programmes. He still has time.”

Olowu said it was unfortunate that the federal government was finding it difficult to prosecute erring fuel marketers.
He stressed that instead of wasting public resources on such prosecutions that have little prospect of really punishing thieving marketers, to serve as a deterrent to others, government should device other ways of recovering the stolen funds.

“These oil marketers are holding everybody to ransom because the president has boxed himself into their hands. The masses were with him, but he left the people.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-jonathan-has-no-credible-opposition/129597/
lucky gudluk
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Ikwerefistson: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Turbocharged: Against the backdrop of President Goodluck Jonathan’s yet-to-be announced re-election bid, a Lagos-based social critic, Prince Kayode Olowu, has said that the president would be his own greatest inhibition, as there is a dearth of trustworthy opposition across the political spectrum.

Olowu regretted that Jonathan had left the masses after riding on their popular support to power, saying, however, that he still has a chance to “return to the people through honest performance.”

According to Olowu, a former chairman of Lagos State Property Development Corporation, “There is no credible opposition now. Those in the PDP are merely ‘People Deceiving People’, and outside PDP, the opposition elements cannot be trusted. For now, those calling themselves opposition are not credible people. President Jonathan still has the chance to do it in such a way that Nigerians will just tell him to carry on.

“He should stop telling us he is not our problem. After all, what did he promise? Did he not promise that those not having shoes would be given to wear? “He should reorder his priorities to make the common people the target of his political agenda and development programmes. He still has time.”

Olowu said it was unfortunate that the federal government was finding it difficult to prosecute erring fuel marketers.
He stressed that instead of wasting public resources on such prosecutions that have little prospect of really punishing thieving marketers, to serve as a deterrent to others, government should device other ways of recovering the stolen funds.

“These oil marketers are holding everybody to ransom because the president has boxed himself into their hands. The masses were with him, but he left the people.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-jonathan-has-no-credible-opposition/129597/
lucky gudluk
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by FrankC3: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
pressongodsay: The devil himself is tired of the way nigeria is been govern.
That, my friend is good news because GEJ has frustrated the machinations of the devil that even the devil's most potent means-propaganda- is failing.
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Abuklaw(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
I don't care whueva myt pose a threat 2 his re-election,all i knw is dat i wil neva vote d retardeen son of d retardness cum 2015,d sufferin is enough, children ar crying n d optimist ar given up hopes evry mins.
Then u expect me 2 vote him in again n continue 4rm frypan 2 fire. 4 him 2 b re-elected *i will rather kill myself than committing suicide*

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Ikwerefistson: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
emiwanlee: With the northerners destroying their name with boko haram and ibos pretending, its true
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by otokx(m): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
Only God knows tomorrow.
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by takedat(m): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Billyonaire: Its time for technocrats to vie for Presidency. GEJ has set the stage and now we need technocrats to continue from where GEJ will stop. Boko Haram just confirmed that Buhari is their master terrorist. Tinubu is now hated on the street for his selfishness and greed. Atiku Abubakar is one hypocritic that 21st politics has exposed. Ribadu is dancing Azonto on the PDP dancehall. Who again ? Hell-Rufai, nah..He is mad on twitter. Oh, Bakare, how can I forget, he is a divine politician who has soiled his name for mixing religion and politics. As at this moment, there is no contender to GEJ. And how can I forget ? Aso Rock will never be vacant till 2019.
And GEJ is despised for being a Wimp and lacking the gutsy to lead Nigeria to a glorious height

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Abuklaw(m): 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
Gbawe: Folks are just going along with an inane statement blindly without even inspecting it for logic. This is 2012. The general election is still three years away. How many candidates have come out openly to declare their ambition or rule themselves out before we all start 'throwing in the towel' over this man's opinion that lacks logical sense?

There is plenty of time for credible candidate to emerge. Also, are we static and destined to remain in 2012? Can future events over the next few years not contribute to permutations affecting the future? As far as I know, the next presidential elections won't be conducted in 2012 and all the doom and gloom here is a measure of how Nigerians sometimes accept the flawed conclusions of others too easily.
i don't even knw why majority of nairalanders can't reason rationally. Expecially d igbos wu ar ready 2 forfeit d glaring truth 2 defend their tribe. SMH 4 Nigerians 4 d suffering dat await dem come 2015
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Turbocharged: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
sapphire01: Please I wud really implore we Nigerians to be wise as regards 2015. If someone ere is claiming dat "d devil he knows is beta than some angels he doesn't kno"

Once again I say, "the devil I know is better than POLITICAL BLOODSUCKERS". At least you know devil's antics from the beginning than one who claim to be friend while he is a VAMPIRE.

then dats only a statement of resignation 2 negative fate.

I view you as a professional critic, that's why you don't see anything good in what others say or do. People like that don't also believe in themselves.
If u cum ere 2 say Yorubas are this, hausas are that, and Igbos are that too, I wud like 2 ask u sumfn. Wot do u think is d worst dat cud eva happen 2 dis country? D fact is dat GEJ has made enuff moves dat can sure wreck dis nation nd her people. Terrible things re happening nd GEJ wud rather fold his arms.

Can you mention those moves he made that can wreck the country (FYI, Nigeria is not a NATION, it is a FEDERATION), & those terrible things that has being happening and folded his arm, for everyone to know.

So by 2015, even if a chairman of NURTW steps up as GEJ's only opposition, shudnt we rather support him? @ least it's a case of 50:50 as regards expectation. As for GEJ, we shudnt expect any positive thing 4rm his side mehn, except we won't learn lessons. Let's not be like dat proverbial dog of old dat failed 2 yield 2 d hunter's whistle. Very soon, d whistles will blow, let's be wise enough to discern which to yield 2. God bless Nigeria
Come 2015, you hv the right to cast your vote for your NURTW (Agbero) chairman. You can also help him in snatching ballot boxes. But for me, If I didn't see any other candidate whose IDEAS and IDEOLOGIES I can relate with, my vote goes to GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Johndoe100(m): 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
Who ever made the statement is a very wise chap. There is no opposition to GEJ's 2cd term. He justs needs to keep the transfromation on track.
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by ANALIST: 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
JEG should not only work because he will plead for our vote come 2015, but because he is our DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED LEADER WHO SHOULD HAVE THE INTEREST OF OUR PEOPLE AT HEART AND NEVER , EVER TO DISAPPOINT.

Yes, no doubt he promised FRESH AIR which in so many areas and means are coming forth. We can't pretend that all is well but we should not divert the attention of any administration from concentrating on developmental issues to electrol process which will be determined by political education and awareness that we have on who is better than the other to deliver come 2015 if we are not satisfied with GEJ.

No amount of legislative action alone can produce a good leader than awareness that the electorates have on the contestants could do; because it is awareness that makes an electorate to reject money for his conscientious decision of whom he/she believes that deliver his mandates if given to.

FOR THIS SINGULAR RESON DEAR, I SUGGEST WE COMMENT MORE ON HOW WE CAN BUILD A COMMUNITY OF POLITICALLY ENLIGHTENED CITIZENS AND STRONG ELECTROL INSTITUTIONS, FINALLY DEMAND THAT OUR JUDICIARY SHOULD DOJUSTICE, FAIR, EQUTY AND JURISPRUDENTIAL JUGDEMENT THAT PUT US AT THE RIGHT FRAME OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT.

. For an ignorant electorate is like a rubber stamp that can be used by whoever that has the money to purchase it.

LET'S THERE BE NO ISSUE OF NORTH, SOUTH, EAST OR WEST NOW; BUT DELIVERING THE DIVIDEND OF DEMOCRACY SHOULD GUIDE US.

I SO SUBMIT LFL,(AKA ANALIST)
Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by farolee(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
val_dubem: OP there won't be any NIGERIA in 2015.
Boko Haram would have annihilated the North, Ibos seceeded and the you-robbers will join cameroon.
No doubt,you have brain touch and go to Aro,when u can't even read map.whos can go with Cameroen,yorubas or ibos?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
[size=18pt]No credible opposition can defeat PDP rigging! angry[/size]

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/794666/how-did-vote-presidential-elections/1

Poll: How Did You Vote In The Presidential Elections:

I live in Northern Nigeria and I voted for GEJ: 3% (4 votes)
I Live in Central Nigeria and voted for GEJ: 1% (2 votes)
I live in South East or South south Nigeria and voted for GEJ: 14% (16 votes)
I live in South West Nigeria and voted for GEJ: 13% (15 votes)
I live in Northern Nigeria and I voted for Buhari: 8% (9 votes)
I Live in Central Nigeria and voted for Buhari: 0% (1 vote)
I live in South East or South south Nigeria and voted for Buhari: 16% (19 votes)
I live in South West Nigeria and voted for Buhari: 41% (46 votes)

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Elueme: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
Olowu's is in a class of Nigerians who understood the time. If Nigeria remains the way it's ( don't see any visible change soon, anyway), GEJ will have an easier ride back to Aso Rock than 2011.. Bitter for some, but you have to live up to the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 by Alaanyihaji(m): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
I agree with you that what we need now is an enlightened citizenry.
We need to do two things:
1. Learn to have faith in our leaders, give them support as they implement
people based policies and avoid sentimental considrations. Before I'm misunderstood,
Recall that Nigeria always appreciate leadrers effort in governance after they have left office.
Just last week, one man said Abacha was the best economic manager as president Nigeria ever had
because inflation was a single digit throughout his tenure.
What am I sayong: Let's learn to give support to an incumbent to carry through his agenda within his tenure
without distractions of violence and kidnapping and name calling etc.
2.Let' learn to vote based on one's antecedents, past records and manifesto.
A candidate without a well thought out programme well articulated in a manifesto
should be told to wait and do his home work well.
Issues should occupy our political discuss towards our next elections and not from where one is coming from.
That is the only way we can move towards development. Moreover, Our electoral umpire must be independent and neutral in
our election process.
In this regard, I must confess that GEJ,against all odds within his thieving party members
have done commendably well. If he keeps up the tempo of INEC independence exhibited in the conduct of
Ekiti, Edo,and other recent elections we shall surely get to our dream of true democracy under his watch.
ANALIST: JEG should not only work because he will plead for our vote come 2015, but because he is our DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED LEADER WHO SHOULD HAVE THE INTEREST OF OUR PEOPLE AT HEART AND NEVER , EVER TO DISAPPOINT.

Yes, no doubt he promised FRESH AIR which in so many areas and means are coming forth. We can't pretend that all is well but we should not divert the attention of any administration from concentrating on developmental issues to electrol process which will be determined by political education and awareness that we have on who is better than the other to deliver come 2015 if we are not satisfied with GEJ.

No amount of legislative action alone can produce a good leader than awareness that the electorates have on the contestants could do; because it is awareness that makes an electorate to reject money for his conscientious decision of whom he/she believes that deliver his mandates if given to.

FOR THIS SINGULAR RESON DEAR, I SUGGEST WE COMMENT MORE ON HOW WE CAN BUILD A COMMUNITY OF POLITICALLY ENLIGHTENED CITIZENS AND STRONG ELECTROL INSTITUTIONS, FINALLY DEMAND THAT OUR JUDICIARY SHOULD DOJUSTICE, FAIR, EQUTY AND JURISPRUDENTIAL JUGDEMENT THAT PUT US AT THE RIGHT FRAME OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT.

. For an ignorant electorate is like a rubber stamp that can be used by whoever that has the money to purchase it.

LET'S THERE BE NO ISSUE OF NORTH, SOUTH, EAST OR WEST NOW; BUT DELIVERING THE DIVIDEND OF DEMOCRACY SHOULD GUIDE US.

I SO SUBMIT LFL,(AKA ANALIST)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eligibility Siut: Court Affirm Buharis Qualification (False Info) / Fuel Price Hike: NLC, FG Resume Talks Today / Kanu Is Finished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.