Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,423 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. (6890 Views)

6 Dead,many Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Lagos [photo] / 2014 Mercedes-Benz S Class In Pictures / 2014 Mercedes S-class Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2012
This Mercedes s-class was involved in an accident somewhere in china.

Detail(s):
Mercedes S350
Model year: 2008
Engine: 3.5L V6
Transmission: 7speed Automatic
Drive sytem: FR (front Engine,RWD)

Re: Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2012
More images

Re: Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2012
More...

Re: Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 04, 2012
Aftermath...

Re: Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2012
Every automobile's repairable, Ricky. Sometimes though, from an insurance company's point of view, it's not financially viable to do so, and is declared a total loss.

Looking at this car, I'm wondering if it was covered by insurance, at the time of mthe accident. Because I find it hard to accept an insurance would pull the trigger on a contracted repair of this magnitude. The damage we're seeing is just that - the visible damage. There's the damage that's not immediately visible, even after the initial assessment. Then there's the damage that will only be visible as the damage is probed, by stripping the car even further. If it's decided the damage is more extensive than originally thought, the strip down labour still has to be covered.

If this was repaired via insurance, I dread to think what the next insurance premium would be - through the roof. This looks more like a totalled car, salvage bought from an insurance company, then repaired privately - either by the owner, or a salvage company, for sale as repaired salvage.

What's the Blue Book value of a 2008 Mercedes-Benz S350?
Re: Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2012
Siena: Every automobile's repairable, Ricky. Sometimes though, from an insurance company's point of view, it's not financially viable to do so, and is declared a total loss.

Looking at this car, I'm wondering if it was covered by insurance, at the time of mthe accident. Because I find it hard to accept an insurance would pull the trigger on a contracted repair of this magnitude. The damage we're seeing is just that - the visible damage. There's the damage that's not immediately visible, even after the initial assessment. Then there's the damage that will only be visible as the damage is probed, by stripping the car even further. If it's decided the damage is more extensive than originally thought, the strip down labour still has to be covered.

If this was repaired via insurance, I dread to think what the next insurance premium would be - through the roof. This looks more like a totalled car, salvage bought from an insurance company, then repaired privately - either by the owner, or a salvage company, for sale as repaired salvage.

What's the Blue Book value of a 2008 Mercedes-Benz S350?

Funny enough, the car was insured. The tariffs on foreign luxury cars is ridiculously high in the chinese market- a brand new S350's price in china is almost $140,000 when converted to USD, that amount could fetch an S63 A.M.G in U̶̲̥̅̊.S. The car wasn't purchased as a 'salvage', the owner wrecked it. Due to the availability of cheap labour there, it made economic sense to embark on the repair...if this were to be in europe or the US,the car would have been written off/stripped for parts and crushed afterwards. The S350 isn't sold in the north american market, so i will do a lil rough estimate; since an 08 S550 4matic with less than 45k miles goes 4 between $55,000 and $69,000- this S350 should have a blue bk value of between $35k-$53k depending on the mileage (if it were to be available in the states,considering the residual value of the S-class)-The repair bill would have been outrageous.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Price For Honda Accord Euro 2003, Cotonou Price, Full Options / Toyota Corolla 2007 Vs Honda Civic 2007 / Vehicle Inspector Office (VIO) Addresses In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.