Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Ogun - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Ogun (24861 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Kano / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by wisepluto(m): 11:57am On Nov 04, 2012
I've alwayz dreamt of when i'd go for my NYSC and finally, it's here. Beautiful people posted to Ogun State... Let's holla @ one another here before 6th. Much love!!!

3 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by dljbd1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
una welcome...
Am presently serving in Ogun State, Ibafo precisely (jst alone Lagos-Ibadan express road) batchB.
I wishing u all d best and safest trip down. And i also pray dm post sm of u guys 2my sch so dt my stress will be reduced...lol...c ya on da oda syd
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Syber(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hey Wisepluto! whats good...Batch C ogun corper here...looking forward to meeting you this tuesday!

Seyi
UNILAG Finance
Batch C NYSC
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by wisepluto(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Dear pals, pls how does one get to the orientation camp from within Lagos metropolis? I know the camp is somewhere in Ikenne in Ogun State, kindly drop your suggestions as to how to locate the camp and the route to take. Tnx...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by nurus: 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
Take bus from lagos to Sagamu or Ikenne,but sagamu preferably from there take a bike to orientation camp.I wish you happy state in Ogun State.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
wisepluto: Dear pals, pls how does one get to the orientation camp from within Lagos metropolis? I know the camp is somewhere in Ikenne in Ogun State, kindly drop your suggestions as to how to locate the camp and the route to take. Tnx...
Take a cab from new garage on ikorodu road....Tell them you're going to sagamu nysc camp. They will drop u in front of the camp gate....I'm servin in Ogun too.... My advise for u is
1 carry as much money as u can
2. It might pay u to go on the second day not on the entrance day to avoid the rushing
3. Dnt rush to collect ur kits... It will buy u freedom to avoid parade and do anyhow for a couple of dayz.
4. Have fun, make friends and hang out. That is the only good thing abt camp.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Ukamakam: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Congrats for you guys that are posted to Ogun state! I served in Ogun state (Abeokuta) 7 years ago. I served in Alamala barracks. Abeokuta people are very friendly and i really enjoyed myself.I wish you guys a safe service year. But i want to advice you please dont travel too often because we had few people in my batch that lost their lives because of too much traveling, the roads are bad you know!. Apart from that,Ogun state is a very good state to serve and you have a lot of chances of being retained as teachers until you can secure a better job somewhere else. Just show them that you are hard working and nice. Good luck.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by gbengarock: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote
author=12 inches!]
1 carry as much money as u can

good advice

2. It might pay u to go on the second day not on the entrance day to avoid the rushing

bad advice
u dont wanna kno ow many batch c corp members wil b in camp. my advice is dat u go on d first day(tuesday), else u want to sleep in d multipurpose hal which is where those who couldnt secure a bedspace in d hostels wil be.

3. Dnt rush to collect ur kits... It will buy u freedom to avoid parade and do anyhow for a couple of dayz.

dont b deceived...u'l join parade regardless of wat u r puttin on...happened to me

4. Have fun, make friends and hang out. That is the only good thing abt camp.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by boron10(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
Some of you guys will surely put up in the multi purpose hall
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Mcfemad(m): 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Congrats to all of you posted to serve ur fatherland in Ogun state. I live and work in the state; hence Ogun is a place to be!
I head the Extension Services dept of a livestock and agro-allied company located within the state and we require the services of a youth corper.
Requirements; Bsc/HND in Mass Communications or any of the PR related disciplines with proven flair for writing. Corpers who do not have their certificates in the areas but posseses great skills in writing, PR, Computers, Advertising and Communications can also show interest.
Gender; Male/Female but Female prefarably.
Allowances: very attractive including accomodation and feeding allowee.
We're coming to camp to request next week, hence, we can work things out for any NLender who's interested. Best of luck everyone.
Thanks and Kind Regards!

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2012
I went on the second day and still got to stay in kitchen extension....And even if u don't get a space on the first day, u can still put up with a friend until u get a space allocated to u..... Beside being allocated to multi purpose (aka Hotel Rwanda) isn't a bad thing. I heard the place was actually fun. And if any soldier stops u during the first few weeks to go for parade just tell them u dnt av kit yet...I did that and missed like a week of parade... Final advice......If u love alcohol, it wud do u good and save u money to buy a bottle of ur own stuff say one litre vodka to save money.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
Am reporting to camp on tuesday from Akwa ibom........cant wait to get started(excitement plus tension lol)
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Velounie(f): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Pls how much does Ogun state government pay their corpers?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Bukkieboi(m): 1:59am On Nov 05, 2012
adejodan: . They pay 5k. Do you wish to relocate if its too small? Contact me when you get to camp. I'm in
Abeokuta presently. Kind regards.

omo ogun isheya,nothing like 5k anymore o,cos we batch B were told that state government will not pay us at the end of service ooo,i wish you guys all the best in camp and have fun cos no dulling in camp and its once in a life time ok
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by ijapaOwo(m): 5:31am On Nov 05, 2012
Velounie: Pls how much does Ogun state government pay their corpers?

Posted to ogun state also, Am martins, oou(formerly ogun st. Uni), english
Heard they don't pay at all anymore, confirmed from the present batch b and last batch c that just passed out
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Ayoolapaul90(m): 6:32am On Nov 05, 2012
glory be to God for the journey mercies. Am batch A serving @ Egba. holla me on 08062206810. For any assistance
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by seekermi: 7:18am On Nov 05, 2012
Was posted to OGUN state....let's make friends from here....if u'r interested add me up and let's chat....2A5EB63C
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by gbengarock: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2012
[quote
author=seekermi]Was posted to OGUN state....let's make friends from
here....if u'r interested add me up and let's chat....2A5EB63C[/quote]

beep me on 07084508581...platoon 11 tinz
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Franktale(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Was posted 2 Ogun aswell...add me on 2901A386..A friend who is already serv in advised I go on tuesday,d first day 2 ensure I register early..I dunno which 2 believe naww Wheda 2 go on tues or wed?.....I tink I av 2 weigh d reasons & consequences anyway...I'v resolved 2 savour evry bit of d campin experience..Hpe camp food make sense sha? Abi na Mammy tinz?...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
Will be serving on ogun state, how do I get in touch with you?
Mcfemad: Congrats to all of you posted to serve ur fatherland in Ogun state. I live and work in the state; hence Ogun is a place to be!
I head the Extension Services dept of a livestock and agro-allied company located within the state and we require the services of a youth corper.
Requirements; Bsc/HND in Mass Communications or any of the PR related disciplines with proven flair for writing. Corpers who do not have their certificates in the areas but posseses great skills in writing, PR, Computers, Advertising and Communications can also show interest.
Gender; Male/Female but Female prefarably.
Allowances: very attractive including accomodation and feeding allowee.
We're coming to camp to request next week, hence, we can work things out for any NLender who's interested. Best of luck everyone.
Thanks and Kind Regards!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ogun state in a bit :d
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Mcfemad(m): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Check my signature, give me a fone call or send me an e mail,ma. Thanks.
msidusogie: Will be serving on ogun state, how do I get in touch with you?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by vandops10(m): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Welcome yall
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 06, 2012
Alittle bit info about ogun camp, 1st its relatively new so its still very nice. Wrt accomodation, u guys won't be so much in dis batch so no sleepin in d hall. Do get 2 camp early 2 save urself and every1 else d stress. The staff r willin to assist as long as u ask politely and respectfully(na yoruba land u dey, dem like respect).
Hope u r all aware of NYSC's postin policy; schools, infrastructure, agric and health. So most of u r goin 2 schools. Dats d bit I can rmbr, all d best 2day. Hv fun

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by vandops10(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
I remember ma first day in camp some few months back-twas d rain dat welcomed me.rain beat nonsense out of me..was cold all tru d nite.......the I meet d best clique ever in d camp--ma roomates.crazy guys I miss dem a lot
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by luvola(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2012
am currently serving in ogun state - ojodu berger-abiodun lg... Am a batch b corper... It only 1000corpers ogun state govt pay.. U dude shud add me up on facebook - ola aol.. Am not on b.b ..lol
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ogun by Cwhyte(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
luvola: am currently serving in ogun state - ojodu berger-abiodun lg... Am a batch b corper... It only 1000corpers ogun state govt pay.. U dude shud add me up on facebook - ola aol.. Am not on b.b ..lol

So they wont pay the remaining corpers? Why is that so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Find Your Name On NYSC Portal Of You Keep Getting A "NOT FOUND" Reply / Dilapidated Pictures Of NYSC Accommodation In Bauchi Camp / NYSC Registration Date Officially Postponed For NYSC 2019 Batch B - See New Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.