Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:27 PM

2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process (155491 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / How To Check The 2013/2014 UTME Jamb Result Online Using A Mobile Phone / JAMB-UTME Restructures For 2013/2014 UTME Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 9:09am On Dec 14, 2012
Today.... Don't make excuses, make improvements...
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Odunnu: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2012
This thread is about what the topic says. Nobody owns it, everybody owns it. This is a public forum. Voice your fears out, air your views, help with your advice and in all, be civil.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Femicrux: 11:34am On Dec 14, 2012
I've got a relative who intends to put in for engineering next year. I'll like answers to the following questions as i'm not really up to sync with the admission process now.

1. Is a credit pass in further mathematics required to gain admission to study engineering in Nigerian Universities?

2. We advised him to choose Unilorin as his first choice but we are still undecided as to his second choice which is going to be btw Futa and Unaab. Which of these 2 schools is the least competitive and still consider candidates with second choice option?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by kaysy(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Odunnu: This thread is about what the topic says. Nobody owns it, everybody owns it. This is a public forum. Voice your fears out, air your views, help with your advice and in all, be civil.

Odunnu, i understand u, u know some applicants whom u've been advising here may decided to visit u in person if they noticed that u'r in the same state or even closed area with them, now the question is why would my comment containing my office address be hidden, i've been supplying kindda supports from the early stage of this thread but gat to stop when i realized my post was hidden... i need an explanation.

Some applicants will always prefer to meet u in person no matter what u preach online.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by lexluthur007(m): 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
gudday peeps.pls i want to study microbiology makin u.i & unaab my first nd second choice respectively,i nid to knw whether maths eng,chem,bio are ok for utme subject and also the cutoff mark for both skul,urgent reply pls...Wish u al d best.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by michaeltotti(m): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
what did u mean by connection tinz.@oga snior boy.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
Posd: FANX WAH SUBJ WIL I WRYT IN JAMB 4 COMMUNICATION ND LANGUAGE ART?
Jamb subjects for Communication and Language Arts, otherwise known as Mass Communication are: Literature In English, English Language and any other two from Arts/Social Science subjects... Please note that it's only UI that offers it as Communication and Language Arts.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
michaeltotti: what did u mean by connection tinz.@oga snior boy.
It simply means you must know somebody that's very important in the Institution.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Femicrux: I've got a relative who intends to put in for engineering next year. I'll like answers to the following questions as i'm not really up to sync with the admission process now.

1. Is a credit pass in further mathematics required to gain admission to study engineering in Nigerian Universities?

2. We advised him to choose Unilorin as his first choice but we are still undecided as to his second choice which is going to be btw Futa and Unaab. Which of these 2 schools is the least competitive and still consider candidates with second choice option?
Answer to your question no. one: Further Maths is not a requirement, but Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and other Science subjects i.e Biology, Agric etc...and atleast a pass in English Language.
Your no. two question: Firstly, which state is he from? But if he tries to obtain a high JAMB score, I think he may need to have a re-think over choosing Ilorin as a choice. It's a school where Merits don't count ...
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
lexluthur007: gudday peeps.pls i want to study microbiology makin u.i & unaab my first nd second choice respectively,i nid to knw whether maths eng,chem,bio are ok for utme subject and also the cutoff mark for both skul,urgent reply pls...Wish u al d best.
I think they are, but check your Brochure for clarification. I guess you want to select UI as your first choice, and UNAAB as second... Both schools require nothing less than 50, for Post-UTME. As for UI, that 50 is just a minimum score for all courses.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by mayorall(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
macmos:
Do u recall this name

yes boss
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by mayorall(m): 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
Odunnu:
The brochure didnt register International Relations as a course in UI and I dont accept that UNIOSUN doesnt offer Estate Mgt. It has it as a DE and also a UTME course.

mummy uniosun dont offer estate management ma...
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
michaeltotti: plx enuf o.can any1 hep me in dix.am a native of oyo state.i av chuz uniosun has my 1st choice nd oou has my 2nd.what r d subject require 4 urban nd regional planining.nd what r my chance of gainin admision to uniosun or oou.i gat b3 in geo,maths,econ,c4 in phy nd yor.c5 in bio nd eng.d7 in ma chem.what r my chance?
I think your result is quite ok. Your UTME subjects must include English, Geography and any other two subjects from Economics, Commerce, Principles of Accounting, Maths... Check your Brochure before you conclude on which subjects to add.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
mayorall:

And what happens to the applicants? Disqualification, denial of admission or what?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
Posd: NOP I DNT FINK MATHS IS COMPOLSORY 4 PO SCIENCE IN JAMB JOR...D BROCHEUR SAID 3ART Subj OR 3SOCIAL SCIENCE SUBJ
Yes, it doesn't. But you need to get something clear here; the fact that it's not a requirement doesn't mean it's less important. Also note that credits in English and Maths speed up your chances of gaining admission.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
Goodday, people. Mrs Odunnu, how's your day?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
mayorall:

Thanks for that mayorall I told them I was a victim they never believe
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
mayorall:

yes boss
How is study n do u normally see jordan
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by megawave(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
To students who are ready to prepare hard for the exam, facing their book instead of facebooking, please choose the following schools and you are 80% sure of getting admission if you pass well compared to some other schools.
UNAB,UNILAG,MAPOLY,FUTA.
These are the schools i am sure of but don't take them as second choice.

If you are having issues with offline software transfer, u can call me on 08056052229.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by tboy08: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
ECONOMICS C6 GEOGRAPHY B3 ENGLISH LANGUAGE C6 YORUBA LANGUAGE C6 MATHEMATICS B3 AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE C6 BIOLOGY D7 CHEMISTRY C5 PHYSICS B3..please just wana be sure if i'm good to for chemical engineering in o.a.u with this result.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Odunnu: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
kaysy:

Odunnu, i understand u, u know some applicants whom u've been advising here may decided to visit u in person if they noticed that u'r in the same state or even closed area with them, now the question is why would my comment containing my office address be hidden, i've been supplying kindda supports from the early stage of this thread but gat to stop when i realized my post was hidden... i need an explanation.

Some applicants will always prefer to meet u in person no matter what u preach online.
I dont want anybody misinformed or scammed in my beat and that is why I frown at it. If one specifically requests it, no problem but I have a problem with users asking people to call them for 'further enquires, more details'. What are you going to say privately that cant be said here?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Posd: 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
CAN I WRYT DIX SUBJ IN JAMB ECOS,ENG,LIT,MATHS 4 COMUNIcation nd language art?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by kaysy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
Odunnu:
I dont want anybody misinformed or scammed in my beat and that is why I frown at it. If one specifically requests it, no problem but I have a problem with users asking people to call them for 'further enquires, more details'. What are you going to say privately that cant be said here?

I get u Nne, but u should have known me by now...... I've been on nairaland since 2008, have u heard or read any fishy thing abt me?... Am an entrepreneur and nairaland is my major online marketing platform.

Just that the bad ones will not allow us differentiate between the good ones but there is always a record somewhere, well i'l do what i have to do to assist applicants here... no probs
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Kunlexic(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Pls can i go 4 pharmacy at oau wit dis o-level,maths-c6,eng-c5,biology-c5,chem-b3,phy-c6,geog-b3,agric-b3,econs-d7 and yoruba-d7 den 2ndly can my frnd also apply 4 medicine to oau with 2 sittings(waec/neco)?Anybody shd help me out abeg ooo
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by kaysy(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Kunlexic: Pls can i go 4 pharmacy at oau wit dis o-level,maths-c6,eng-c5,biology-c5,chem-b3,phy-c6,geog-b3,agric-b3,econs-d7 and yoruba-d7 den 2ndly can my frnd also apply 4 medicine to oau with 2 sittings(waec/neco)?Anybody shd help me out abeg ooo

Pharmacy, Medicine and Surgery
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
UTME SUBJECTS: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

REQUEST APPROVED AND SUBJECT TO FURTHER REVIEW
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by saleemema(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
Posd: CAN I WRYT DIX SUBJ IN JAMB ECOS,ENG,LIT,MATHS 4 COMUNIcation nd language art?
No. You only need to write English, Lit., and any other two Arts/Social Science subjects; choosing from CRS/IRS, Economics, Government/History, Geography, Music, Fine Art, Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa...
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Posd: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
OWKY FNKS MAYB I SHLD PUT ECOS,ENG,LIT,GOVT IS DIS GD 4 D COMMUNICATION ND LAGUAGE ART 4 JAMB
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by mayorall(m): 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
macmos:
How is study n do u normally see jordan

yes boss....He's also a member of nairaland tutoria 4 nairalanders @ uniosun main campus that I organised.....
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
mayorall:

yes boss....He's also a member of nairaland tutoria 4 nairalanders @ uniosun main campus that I organised.....
Ok that a good job keep it up
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by seniorboy1(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Posd: CAN I WRYT DIX SUBJ IN JAMB ECOS,ENG,LIT,MATHS 4 COMUNIcation nd language art?
Guy na 3 art/social science subject i.e. LIT,ENG,ECONS,F. ARTS,GOVTS,CRS/IRS etc bt maths is irrelevant.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by seniorboy1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
t.boy007:
ECONOMICS C6 GEOGRAPHY B3 ENGLISH LANGUAGE C6 YORUBA LANGUAGE C6 MATHEMATICS B3 AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE C6 BIOLOGY D7 CHEMISTRY C5 PHYSICS B3..please just wana be sure if i'm good to for chemical engineering in o.a.u with this result.
Guy, u can choose den, i tink agric sc. should be accepted in lieu of biology nt in brochure sha. @ ALL ENGINEERING ASPIRANTS, UNILAG REQUIRES @ LEAST CREDIT PASS IN FUTHER MATHEMAICS FOR ALL ENGINEERING COURSES & EVEN COMPUTER SCIENCE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (72) (Reply)

2011/2012 Unilorin Admissions / The Latest On ASUU Strike / WAEC Online Registration (waeconline.org.ng)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.