Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

How Has Books Changed Or Impacted Your Lives - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Has Books Changed Or Impacted Your Lives (1861 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / What Book Impacted You The Most? / Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Books Changed Or Impacted Your Lives by Emmandus(m): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hello all,
I have often come in contact with people who believe and attest to the positive impact of books in their lives, while at the same time I have seen others who have contrary opinions and oppose strongly the effects of books especially self help or personal development/positive thinking books.Please let's share our views either in support or against the topic.
Thank you
Emmandus
Re: How Has Books Changed Or Impacted Your Lives by k2039: 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
I read a lot(I read practical books,I believe for you to write a book,you must have lived a book).

Reading has opened my mind and changed my view about certain things in life.
I'm better of because of the books I have read.

If their is any book that I think had more impact on my life it would be the "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Late Steven Covey,it taught me to be more responsible.
Re: How Has Books Changed Or Impacted Your Lives by Emmandus(m): 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
@K2039
Thanks for sharing. I also found THE 7HABITS...by Stephen Covey very impacting,I read it some months ago. it thought me about principle-centered living
Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

" The Last Man On Earth Sat Alone In A Room. There Was A Knock On The Door" / Dragon Rider: Rise Of The Fallen / Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.