Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? (3085 Views)

Signs You’re A Terrible Girlfriend / Once You Toast A Girl- She Avoids You!why / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 2pence(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
The thing is I have been going out with my girl for 8months now, We do go out sometimes to resturants and she is a type that blabs about knowing how to make basically all recipe,and when she invited me over to her place on a dinner date

I found out she barely even have a clue about cooking business,it was so messy but I had to pretend to make her feel proud; After that I kept thinking about it; She is a type that dislikes being corrected and I have plans of seating her down and make her understand that Iam ready to Pay proffesional for to get proper education on this regards

But I don't want her to feel bad , so how do I go about this ? Pls I need your responses

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by k2039: 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
Just tell her the way you told us

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by MrsChima(f): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
2pence: The thing is I have been going out with my girl for 8months now, We do go out sometimes to resturants and she is a type that blabs about knowing how to make basically all recipe,and when she invited me over to her place on a dinner date

I found out she barely even have a clue about cooking business,it was so messy but I had to pretend to make her feel proud; After that I kept thinking about it; She is a type that dislikes being corrected and I have plans of seating her down and make her understand that Iam ready to Pay proffesional for to get proper education on this regards

But I don't want her to feel bad , so how do I go about this ? Pls I need your responses

Thanks.

I told my husband I didn't like how he irons my clothes when he offers to. I have a certain way I want my clothes to be ironed and I like looking nice when I step outside my home. My husband understands and now he irons how I want my clothes to be ironed.

You just keep it straight with your girl and if she loves you she will understand and work on it...if she doesn't....then you know what to do. It is simple.

You do not need a script nor props. Just tell her as respectfully as you can that you do not like her cooking and would offer to teach her if she doesn't mind.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by patoski96(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
If you are in the relationship for a long run then its important you call her and tell her about this and even go furher to make her understand that you guys are not into competition, its a team play enviroment; don't do you lines trying to make her feel she's' the worst woman on earth, cos Men should know how to cook 2; If you truely love her then you must stand through test with her;To me its a structural injustice to believe that its only the women who must know how to cook; Men leave the house same time in the morning and the

Man returns around 4.pm while the woman comes home 4.30pm and the same man seats reading newspaper with anger on his face that food has not been served,Two breadwinners and one bread baker

Just hope this might help.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by mumumugu(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Op, Can u cook? If yes try cookin 2gda wit her. It would b easier to spot d mistake durin cookin

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 2pence(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
tnx for your time and advice, the thing is that i can cook but i love delicious meal winkjust dnt want it to be an issue or carry over

plus iam from a tribe that thinks its completely \\\\\ gross for a lady to fail the test of cooking .
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
2pence: The thing is I have been going out with my girl for 8months now, We do go out sometimes to resturants and she is a type that blabs about knowing how to make basically all recipe,and when she invited me over to her place on a dinner date

Thanks.
you can tell her that you are both going to learn how to cook new dishes i guess.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Exponental(m): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Post her number........... I am sure we have volunteers on NL who will her u tell her.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 190theclown: 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
If she's Nigerian then I'm certain she clearly doesn't know how to-cook
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Syncan(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2012

I found out she barely even have a clue about cooking business,it was so messy but I had to pretend to make her feel proud; After that I kept thinking about it;She is a type that dislikes being corrected ,and I have plans of seating her down and make her understand that Iam ready to Pay proffesional for to get proper education on this regards

Thanks.

Am i the only one getting a danger signal from the letters in bold above?
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 2pence(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Syncan:

Am i the only one getting a danger signal from the letters in bold above?

The bolded will exactly be your worth each time you continue to deviate from the original suject clown ..Boom!!!
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by ammyluv2002(f): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2012

Thanks.
Honestly, you are a nice guy. Wish most guys will consider ladies feelings this way. Maybe you should tell her that you want to get a professional who will teach her certain kind of soup,the way u like them cooked or better still take her on a romantic date and tell her calmly, I'm sure she will understand.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Syncan(m): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
2pence:

The bolded will exactly be your worth each time you continue to deviate from the original suject clown ..Boom!!!

Well, dear brother no need to place a curse on me for pointing that out, it's just that depending on how long you intend to stay in the relationship (which i think you intend to be long, by your trying to improve her) then i wonder how many times you'll be in same dilemma or approach this forum for ideas on how to make a correction.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by cdamsel(f): 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
190-the-clown:
who do u dis tin?
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by chronique(m): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Let me warn you from experience. Don't show ur displeasure abt dis when telling her. Look for a nice subtle way to say it. My Ex once cooked for us & She didnt clean the head of the fish properly. She left the gills nd dirt inside like that. Now,I dnt eat outside cos of stuffs like these. It irritates me when the fish is not properly cleaned & if I taste such a meal,I'd know once & it would also give me allergies... When we were eating nd I discovered this nd reacted somehow to it,the result wasnt nice. I think I asked her if that's how they eat it @ home when we quarelled & she made reference to it several times during quarels... Point is,be nice abt how you put it across or else she'll turn it into a song for you. I once made that mistake.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by pendo89(f): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
If I want to convey a message to someone I truly cherish, without causing offence,I create a suitable topic and bring it up, coated with humour.
Most often people assume that their partners are too good or perfect, so they fear confessing their weaknesses, even though they are well aware of them.
To get rid of that, allow them to see your weak points. eg, talk about what you suck,at doing,your likes,dislikes,blunders etc.
The other party will feel comfortable and confess to their own. If she doesn't talk about it mention it jokingly but don't evade it.
Of course it will feel embarrassing, but assure her that you can help her improve.That second part carries more weight.
Anyway whichever method you choose, make sure she gets the message, cz you if you don't, you will suffer for a long long time.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 2pence(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Syncan:

Well, dear brother no need to place a curse on me for pointing that out, it's just that depending on how long you intend to stay in the relationship (which i think you intend to be long, by your trying to improve her) then i wonder how many times you'll be in same dilemma or approach this forum for ideas on how to make a correction.

The forum gladly supports exchange of ideas abi ? Meanwhile I made that clue for a clearer picture concerning the NOW,I can seek advice a 100times my bro it doesn't marra ok, anyways tnx ,I apologise if you tnk I placed a curse on you
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
patoski96: If you are in the relationship for a long run then its important you call her and tell her about this and even go furher to make her understand that you guys are not into competition, its a team play enviroment; don't do you lines trying to make her feel she's' the worst woman on earth, cos Men should know how to cook 2; If you truely love her then you must stand through test with her;To me its a structural injustice to believe that its only the women who must know how to cook; Men leave the house same time in the morning and the

Man returns around 4.pm while the woman comes home 4.30pm and the same man seats reading newspaper with anger on his face that food has not been served,Two breadwinners and one bread baker

Just hope this might help.

^

190-the-clown:
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 190theclown: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2012
grin grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by tai2(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
The broad can't cook, she can't cook. Tell her her cooking isn't all that great and she should do better. If she's stubborn the more blunt you should be. If she's the sensitive type coat in a joke, tell her she has to improve the skills before you both get married, something to make her feel you don't love her less because of the cooking issue. Don't condone rubbish and wait until it becomes a problem in your marriage.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
tai2: The broad can't cook, she can't cook. Tell her her cooking isn't all that great and she should do better. If she's stubborn the more blunt you should be. If she's the sensitive type coat in a joke, tell her she has to improve the skills before you both get married, something to make her feel you don't love her less because of the cooking issue. Don't condone rubbish and wait until it becomes a problem in your marriage.
You know, I came to say this but you beat me to it. Why are men becoming so feminine? She doesn't like correction and you're too scared of a mmisreaction to broach topic. And you have to suffer terrible meals not out of love but fear?! Na wa for MEN of today o. And no eating out isn't a solution either. Damn!
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 2pence(m): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2012
chronique: Let me warn you from experience. Don't show ur displeasure abt dis when telling her. Look for a nice subtle way to say it. My Ex once cooked for us & She didnt clean the head of the fish properly. She left the gills nd dirt inside like that. Now,I dnt eat outside cos of stuffs like these. It irritates me when the fish is not properly cleaned & if I taste such a meal,I'd know once & it would also give me allergies... When we were eating nd I discovered this nd reacted somehow to it,the result wasnt nice. I think I asked her if that's how they eat it @ home when we quarelled & she made reference to it several times during quarels... Point is,be nice abt how you put it across or else she'll turn it into a song for you. I once made that mistake.

I took your lines.thanks
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by omotola1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
cdamsel: who do u dis tin?
The question will make a lot of sense & meaning if asked in Yoruba lang.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by UjSizzle(f): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
OP you'll just have to tell her how bad her food is without mincing words, there's no two ways about it. If she loves you and wants to keep ur relationship then she will have to discard her attitude to criticism. Just let her know as respectfully as u can while feasting on said meal.

You sound like an ibo man...try cooking with her one of these days, u can correct her then n still show her how it's done.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by xynerise: 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
190-the-clown:
U are mistaken Nigerian girls with the English girls.

@Op. Teach her the little you know. Trust me she will improve more than u one day.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by DCTrendy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
@Poster,

My spouse and I visit an Uncle in Lagos once a while, and each time, the cook is always very terrible with the foods,

but Uncle is so used to it and doesn't complain or doesn't know if the meals re really that bad or something as he just seems

enjoying the meal each time we re there. We are always like wao, How re these family coping with this woman's cooking?

We cant complain nah, when the family seems enjoying it. so we always try to eat before visiting and pretend we enjoy the meal too.

2. Each time my spouse call, How re u Dear? How is work n everything in the office? Then he will ask when re you closing today? !!

By that question, he wants to know if am gonna cook today or my little sister who stays with us. She is a terrible cook and He wont

complain so as not to make her feel bad, but he will lambaste me in the room each time she cook badly, why i always leave the cooking to her, so, i do the real cooking always now.

and she just gonna warm them and all. And am trying my best to teach her how to cook too.

@Mothers in the House,

Teach those beautiful ladies how to cook well before they grow up, they shouldn't ruin a nice relationship with a good man just cos they cant add

the correct measure of salts and all!

@poster.

She doesn't like to be corrected?? Then u need a lot of patience in telling her o.. And u cant just keep shut on it! its a long journey and u cant

keep quiet! So, softly tell her{ alot of suggestions above} and help her. forget about eating out that may be an option and forget about

some pple saying if she cant cook, then you should cook, from here to America, cooking is mostly the woman thing.

God bless us all. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 2pence(m): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
uj_sizzle: OP you'll just have to tell her how bad her food is without mincing words, there's no two ways about it. If she loves you and wants to keep ur relationship then she will have to discard her attitude to criticism. Just let her know as respectfully as u can while feasting on said meal.

You sound like an ibo man...try cooking with her one of these days, u can correct her then n still show her how it's done

if someone you are in love with tells you that your food is horrible how will you feel ? Will you make improvement or would you rather prefer going for a kill ?

The thing is that "there are people" who dnt know and they brag about knowing and the they completely keep you looking for how to make them understand.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by 2pence(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
DC Trendy: @Poster,

My spouse and I visit an Uncle in Lagos once a while, and each time, the cook is always very terrible with the foods,

but Uncle is so used to it and doesn't complain or doesn't know if the meals re really that bad or something as he just seems

enjoying the meal each time we re there. We are always like wao, How re these family coping with this woman's cooking?

We cant complain nah, when the family seems enjoying it. so we always try to eat before visiting and pretend we enjoy the meal too.

2. Each time my spouse call, How re u Dear? How is work n everything in the office? Then he will ask when re you closing today? !!

By that question, he wants to know if am gonna cook today or my little sister who stays with us. She is a terrible cook and He wont

complain so as not to make her feel bad, but he will lambaste me in the room each time she cook badly, why i always leave the cooking to her, so, i do the real cooking always now.

and she just gonna warm them and all. And am trying my best to teach her how to cook too.

@Mothers in the House,

Teach those beautiful ladies how to cook well before they grow up, they shouldn't ruin a nice relationship with a good man just cos they cant add

the correct measure of salts and all!

@poster.

She doesn't like to be corrected?? Then u need a lot of patience in telling her o.. And u cant just keep shut on it! its a long journey and u cant

keep quiet! So, softly tell her{ alot of suggestions above} and help her. forget about eating out that may be an option and forget about

some pple saying if she cant cook, then you should cook, from here to America, cooking is mostly the woman thing.

God bless us all. Amen.

You completely dealt with the scenerio, thanks for that
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
Never tell any lady that she is a terrible cook. You should rather teach her how to cook instead if you can. But if you can't, you are even more terrible!
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Saintsquare(m): 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Correct her with nice approach about her cooking,try to help her out but don't make mockery of her in the process cos she mite get upset.U had beta start correcting her now or is it when u get married and u start visiting iya basira and other yakoyo food canteen in ur area?
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Sberries: 6:59am On Nov 14, 2012
k2039: Just tell her the way you told us

LOL
Re: How Do I Tell My Girl She Is A Terrible Cook? by Password77(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2012
@op- just drop the bomb cos there is no way you can make it sound nice. Reality check... # the truth is always bitter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter To My Future Hubby / Guys... I Really Messed Up 2day / Do Guys Appreciate Women Who Can Do The Strip Tease?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.