Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,306 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce (7109 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by camille(f): 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2008
hi guys.i have been told cocoyam is a delicious and healthy food item however i haven't got the slightest idea on what i can make with it.pls dear friends kindly assist me with delicious cocoyam recipes as its in season at my location.thanks people.
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by camille(f): 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2008
naira people whats going on now.u guys pls help me with recipes abi has non of you ever heard or eaten cocoyam before.PLEASE.thanks guys trust you will respond.
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 02, 2008
ah, ask the average efik, its used to cook ekpankukwo.nice efik delicacy.

1 Like

Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sukieboy(f): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2008
hahahahaha
olrotimi:

ah, ask the average efik, its used to cook ekpankukwo.nice efik delicacy.

Why is it the Efik or Calabar you mentioned?
Well I like to be known around good things not criminality or bad stuffs.
Yeah he was correct about the Calabars using it to cook Ekpangnkukwo. but there are many other wonderful delicacies that can be made out it like;

Cocoyam Porage.
Ayan Ekpang (Calabar)
Cocoyam and Beans Porage
Cocoyam and Stew spiced with a special Garden egg.
Roasted Cocoyam+ native oil sauce (Fast food at home) grin

It could also be used to thicken white soup, as well as pounded cocoyam fufu grin

It depends on you and what you would love to use it for. I have made a very rare thing with it B4.

I made what I call vegetable sauce with pumpkin leaves with well chopped meat and kpomo, stock fish well cooked and made the whole thing into a very oilly Edikang Ikong like sauce.

Then, I got the cocoyam  well boiled to soft with salt as if you would do to yam. The I served it to my Gird friend.
The cocoyam was chopped into mouthable bits and placed at one side of the flate place and the sauce at the other side of the plate. It was wonderful.

please be careful with kind of Palm oil you use for the sauce, it could spoil the show if you get a sticky oil with some kernel smell. Don't worry, I will get you more gist about it when I have some time. But u are in Niaja, u could call 08037413681.

Good luck
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by janami(f): 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2008
cocoyam soup cool.
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sukieboy(f): 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
janami:

cocoyam soup cool.

Yeah !!!
You can make soup out of it if you want and its quite kool i must tell you. You could make a white soup out of cocoyam, with Goatmeat for cocoyam fufu prepared as pounded cocoyam. You know, I think what is a bit confusing for some ppl is that, there are different species of cocoyam. the best for all variety of delicacies is that which is very common around western cameroun and Northern Cross River state.

So my dear don't be surprise ok?
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by TOYOSI20(f): 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2008
sukieboy:

hahahahaha
Why is it the Efik or Calabar you mentioned?
Well I like to be known around good things not criminality or bad stuffs.
Yeah he was correct about the Calabars using it to cook Ekpangnkukwo. but there are many other wonderful delicacies that can be made out it like;

Cocoyam Porage.
Ayan Ekpang (Calabar)
Cocoyam and Beans Porage
Cocoyam and Stew spiced with a special Garden egg.
Roasted Cocoyam+ native oil sauce (Fast food at home) grin

It could also be used to thicken white soup, as well as pounded cocoyam fufu grin

It depends on you and what you would love to use it for. I have made a very rare thing with it B4.

I made what I call vegetable sauce with pumpkin leaves with well chopped meat and kpomo, stock fish well cooked and made the whole thing into a very oilly Edikang Ikong like sauce.

Then, I got the cocoyam well boiled to soft with salt as if you would do to yam. The I served it to my Gird friend.
The cocoyam was chopped into mouthable bits and placed at one side of the flate place and the sauce at the other side of the plate. It was wonderful.

please be careful with kind of Palm oil you use for the sauce, it could spoil the show if you get a sticky oil with some kernel smell. Don't worry, I will get you more gist about it when I have some time. But u are in Niaja, u could call 08037413681.

Good luck

That nice to know. smiley
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by iice(f): 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
Gawd hate those things
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by slickgirl: 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
iice:

Gawd hate those things

@iice,
thats the beauty of life my dear. That you are free to like or hate anything you wish to, but the truth is; IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Try and be a bit adventurous when it comes to food. It will actually help you to learn to appreciate others as well as God's Variety in Diversity.

Takia
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by iice(f): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2008
Lawd have mercy undecided undecided
My preference in stuffs must really rub people the wrong way grin grin grin
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by TOYOSI20(f): 12:30am On Feb 21, 2008
iice:

Lawd have mercy undecided undecided
My preference in stuffs must really rub people the wrong way grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by lifegal(f): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2008
Take note:

if it is Ekpankukwo u are preparing it has to go with Water yam to avoid iching
ok

will post later
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by snazzydawn(f): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2008
another cocoyam delicacy is "achu". It is a delicacy from Southern Cameroun.
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by Flakybaby(f): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2008
U can fry cocoyam also just like plaintain chips
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by Biabeke(f): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2008
In the United States, I cook cocoyam pottage. Boil the cocoyams in the right amount of water, when it is soft, then add a few tablespoonful of tomato paste or sauce. Then add salt, ground crayfish, spinach and little palm oil. After ten minutes, then stir and let it simmer. You can serve it hot or cold. My children love it.

1 Like

Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by tpia: 4:15am On Nov 19, 2008
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sharpwriter(m): 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
Cc sukkot

Okay, what is your concept of Satan, hell and rapture into heaven God's kingdom?
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sukkot: 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
sharpwriter:
Cc sukkot

Okay, what is your concept of Satan, hell and rapture into heaven God's kingdom?
well satan is in every one of us, it's a part of your soul, it's that wicked and devious part of your soul, some indulge it more so than others and when it is time for your judgement God will present a more greater satan than you to deal with you. It can be in the form of your wife or your husband or the white man ( slavery colonialism etc etc ) etc etc. hell is a spiritual as well as a physical state. Degraded soul that turns your flesh into a zombie is a form of hell. The walking dead. Totally disconnected from any form of light and intelligence. Just a stupid dumb zombie. That's spiritual hell. Spiritual hell also destroys your body with diseases because a degraded soul is bad battery for your body so these are all hell states. On the physical environmental plane your 3rd world countries are what hell is. Rapture into heaven and Gods kingdom is having the perfect soul that is connected to source energy and intelligence. The type of intelligence attributed to king Solomon and Daniel is the type of intelligence you acquire when you are a raptured soul and when you have this type of soul world leaders seek you out and give you almost all their wealth and beg you to be their spiritual Adviser and their connection between the seen and unseen world and to interpret their dreams etc like Daniel and Joseph in the bible. Those biblical stories are giving you the archetypes of what a raptured soul would look like in person.
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sharpwriter(m): 10:30am On Mar 14, 2023
sukkot:
well satan is in every one of us, it's a part of your soul, it's that wicked and devious part of your soul, some indulge it more so than others and when it is time for your judgement God will present a more greater satan than you to deal with you. It can be in the form of your wife or your husband or the white man ( slavery colonialism etc etc ) etc etc. hell is a spiritual as well as a physical state. Degraded soul that turns your flesh into a zombie is a form of hell. The walking dead. Totally disconnected from any form of light and intelligence. Just a stupid dumb zombie. That's spiritual hell. Spiritual hell also destroys your body with diseases because a degraded soul is bad battery for your body so these are all hell states. On the physical environmental plane your 3rd world countries are what hell is. Rapture into heaven and Gods kingdom is having the perfect soul that is connected to source energy and intelligence. The type of intelligence attributed to king Solomon and Daniel is the type of intelligence you acquire when you are a raptured soul and when you have this type of soul world leaders seek you out and give you almost all their wealth and beg you to be their spiritual Adviser and their connection between the seen and unseen world and to interpret their dreams etc like Daniel and Joseph in the bible. Those biblical stories are giving you the archetypes of what a raptured soul would look like in person.
Hmmmm... Thanks.. I will keep them coming.
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sharpwriter(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2023
sukkot:

Boss how you dey....happy Sunday... Got questions here.

1. I saw that you recommended burning bay leaf somewhere to cleanse aura. How many leaves should one burn?

2. When having bad dreams, what do someone do in his own capacity and spiritual knowledge to stop it and render it useless?

3. What can someone do to attract money fast?

4. What kinds of gods are in the Yoruba religion?
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sukkot: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2023
sharpwriter:

Boss how you dey....happy Sunday... Got questions here.

1. I saw that you recommended burning bay leaf somewhere to cleanse aura. How many leaves should one burn?

2. When having bad dreams, what do someone do in his own capacity and spiritual knowledge to stop it and render it useless?

3. What can someone do to attract money fast?

4. What kinds of gods are in the Yoruba religion?
yes Sir greetings
1- any amount. One or 10, makes no difference
2 - burn bay leaves while asking the universe for protection and annulment of the bad dream

3- to attract money fast try giving money to the needy. Universal law. What you put out you receive. Find needy beggars and bless them with some money

4- well gods mean power so those with power fall into two categories, those with righteous powers and that would be Orunmila and obatala. Then those with unrighteous powers would be Sango and eshu and Ogun . These would be the popular ones. And by unrighteous powers I just mean that these guys are prone to abusing their powers and using it unrighteously but truly all powers come from Olodumare

2 Likes

Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sharpwriter(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
sukkot:
yes Sir greetings
1- any amount. One or 10, makes no difference
2 - burn bay leaves while asking the universe for protection and annulment of the bad dream

3- to attract money fast try giving money to the needy. Universal law. What you put out you receive. Find needy beggars and bless them with some money

4- well gods mean power so those with power fall into two categories, those with righteous powers and that would be Orunmila and obatala. Then those with unrighteousness powers would be Sango and eshu and Ogun . These would be the popular ones. And by unrighteous powers I just mean that these guys are prone to abiding their powers and using it unrighteously but truly all powers come from Olodumare
Thanks, I appreciate. I will be in touch.
Re: Cocoyam!what Delicacies Can It Produce by sukkot: 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2023
sharpwriter:

Thanks, I appreciate. I will be in touch.
i corrected some mistakes. abusing not abiding

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nkwobi Recipe / Want To Learn Cooking Calabar Food? / Yummy & Crunchy From Cynhams Cakes, Abuja!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.