Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? (23739 Views)

Picture Of Eleko Of Eko, In London, England Circa, 1950s. / Compare And Contrast OBJ In 2003 And GEJ Circa 2015 / Circa 48 Hours To The Next Wetie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Thank you Seun, I guess you most have fixed the photo issue.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
May ask how you know this information for sure?
Do you know whether his new wife is the one that is christian? I just heard that his wife was christian but it has never been confirmed. It would make sense to have a chriatian cook and driver if your wife is christian would it not?

nagoma: The lady in the picture is Buhari's wife. She was a Muslim from a highly respected Muslim family in katsina. She lived all her life as good Muslim and died about 12 years ago after a protracted illness. Buhari's picture as a religious extremist was created by the southern Nigeria press in order to somehow discredit his impeccable honest and disciplined personality. Buhari tries to be honest in anything he does , he is a Muslim , never an extremist but tries to be a practicing Muslim just as Late Awolowo another disciplined person tried to be a good Christian. Honest people do not pretend. None of Buhari's daughters is married to a Christian and I think none of the daughters ever presented to him a Christian as suitor. But some of the ignorant people need to know the position of Islam on some of these issues- the position of Islam doesn't mean a position for extremists - just the basic expectation for any follower of the religion.it is also true that he allows his Christian staff the Sunday rest and reminds the Muslim staff that Friday has not being defined as a day of rest in Islam.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by velo10: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
Thanks GenBuhari for the picture. Saved it to my archives
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
^ You are welcome smiley
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by abubakarsaid200: 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
God bless u for ur special contribution.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by tpia1: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
if his wife is christian or muslim, what concerns anyone?

i highly doubt the wife is christian- fulanis are generally strict about caste distinctions and all that. And does Buhari seem like the type of person who would have a christian, non-converting wife- he is a strict muslim, unless somebody has evidence to the contrary.

in addition, christians in the north do tie headscarf, so how is not wearing a hijab an indication someone is not a muslim? If anything at all, it probably shows the person in question is indeed muslim.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by naptu2: 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
GenBuhari: ^ You are welcome smiley

GenBuhari do you have a picture of the WAI badge? That's one thing that's missing from my collection (I wish I had kept my badges all those years ago).
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by modicum: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2012
The potency of de-marketing strategy(being called extremist/bigot) being used by Buhari's enemies is so active that some people including the elite don't even think twice when the personality of Buhari is being x-rayed. And records had shown that the only outstanding and corrupt-free person whose integrity stands tall that has ruled Nigeria well is Buhari..........one would now know the reasons why the political elite won't want him to rule again

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by nagoma(m): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
GenBuhari: May ask how you know this information for sure?
Do you know whether his new wife is the one that is christian? I just heard that his wife was christian but it has never been confirmed. It would make sense to have a chriatian cook and driver if your wife is christian would it not?

No she is not and was never one.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by nagoma(m): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nickydrake:

Nagoma, i hope you are around when jakumo breaks into this thread, as he is sure to, for i salivate at the prospect of an entertaining (though redundant) debate between you.

I am ready for the mad dog. I know his animal pictures and foul mouth . He has nothing new. A retarded hooligan like him.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 06, 2012
sorry I do not have.

naptu2:

GenBuhari do you have a picture of the WAI badge? That's one thing that's missing from my collection (I wish I had kept my badges all those years ago).
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 06, 2012
@nagoma,
But u haven't answered how u know for sure.
nagoma:

No she is not and was never one.

@tpia1
If I understand u correctly, u are saying thatin the North, muslim women do not wear hijabs or headscarfs ?
Sory it just does not make sense to me.

tpia1: if his wife is christian or muslim, what concerns anyone?

i highly doubt the wife is christian- fulanis are generally strict about caste distinctions and all that. And does Buhari seem like the type of person who would have a christian, non-converting wife- he is a strict muslim, unless somebody has evidence to the contrary.

in addition, christians in the north do tie headscarf, so how is not wearing a hijab an indication someone is not a muslim? If anything at all, it probably shows the person in question is indeed muslim.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 06, 2012
Having just done some research, it seems that Buhari's first wife died in 2006 and she was indeed given a muslim burial from news reports. She had been divorced from Buhari since approx 1990 and she gave him four daughters.

So question remains, is his other wife, who I believe is called Aisha, the one that some are calling a christian?
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2012
Wow, the interest on this thread is astonishing!

10,000 views and yet it is not even on the front page.

[size=18pt]Jan 16, 2006 -Daily Trust/All Africa Global Media
Buhari's Ex-Wife Dies.[/size]

Article from: Africa News Service | January 17, 2006 | Copyright

Byline: Isa Sanusi

Jan 16, 2006 (Daily Trust/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) -- The former wife of one time Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), Hajiya Safinatu, died in the early hours of yesterday after a protracted illness at Chasel Hospital, Unguwar Sarki, Kaduna.

She was buried at Unguwar Rimi cemetery after funeral prayers according to Islamic rites.

Hajiya Safinatu at 53, is survived by four children from her former husband that include, Zulaihatu, Fatimah, Hadiza and Safinatu (aka Lami) and seven grandchildren.

Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by nagoma(m): 10:32am On Nov 06, 2012
GenBuhari: Having just done some research, it seems that Buhari's first wife died in 2006 and she was indeed given a muslim burial from news reports. She had been divorced from Buhari since approx 1990 and she gave him four daughters.
So question remains, is his other wife, who I believe is called Aisha, the one that some are calling a christian?

If his present wife is or was a Christian, no problem, you would know but I am telling you that she is not and was never. Buhari would have no problem marrying a Christian if the right person at the right time happened to be one.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2012
I seem to recall that he divorced her for accepting financial assistance from IBB whilst IBB had Buhari locked up between 1985 and 1989
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 06, 2012
the photo again

Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
I just read a website that says Buhari's current wife is a practising moslem also.

I am still wondering how it came about that people were saying his wife is christian.

Were any of his wives christians before converting to Islam?
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by tpia1: 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
GenBuhari:

@tpia1
If I understand u correctly, u are saying thatin the North, muslim women do not wear hijabs or headscarfs ?
Sory it just does not make sense to me.

I am saying a northern woman not wearing hijab doesnt mean the person is christian.

Buhari is wearing a suit in your photo- why dont you assume he's christian because of that.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by tpia1: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
I assume you opened the thread to attack the wife btw.

You have to agree your questions are kind of dumb.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
I am a christian myself, why would I attack his wife for being a christian? undecided

I wanted to know whether his wife was christian because I had heard that hi wife was christian.

tpia1: I assume you opened the thread to attack the wife btw.

You have to agree your questions are kind of dumb.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by nagoma(m): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
GenBuhari: I just read a website that says Buhari's current wife is a practising moslem also.

I am still wondering how it came about that people were saying his wife is christian.

Were any of his wives christians before converting to Islam?

No. Never. I will not tell you a lie - with a name like that.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Hollysmile: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
GenBuhari: ^^
If I was the real Buhari, trust me I would use all my resources to make sure that all the youths in the nation (not just NL) knows about my achievments and would not allow anybody forget it for a second.
Unfortunately General Buhari (rtd) has not got the best presentation skills or is too modest, he is more likely to praise others before you would ever hear him blow is own trumpet.

I truely wish I had even a tenth of his discipline, abilities and character. and I am proudly a christian from the south east living in diaspora. smiley

Discipline my foot....
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Hollysmile: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
SO, wat's d hoot about his wife being a christian? It makes no meaning to me..
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by honeric01(m): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hollysmile: SO, wat's d hoot about his wife being a christian? It makes no meaning to me..

And who cares about if it made meaning to you or not? as if you're [size=2pt]somebody[/size]

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by ceah(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
@Nagoma...How can i meet the General ? Pls link me up...he remains the only living nigerian ex president that i feel like having a heart to heart talk with...I so much Cheerish him
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2012
^ Buhari is very approachable. From what I have seen, whenever he is at a public event he usually answers most people's questions openly and honestly.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Hollysmile: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
honeric01:

And who cares about if it made meaning to you or not? as if you're [size=2pt]somebody[/size]

Hey! 4k your entire generation. Coward!!!
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by AtheistD(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
GenBuhari: ^^
If I was the real Buhari, trust me I would use all my resources to make sure that all the youths in the nation (not just NL) knows about my achievments and would not allow anybody forget it for a second.
Unfortunately General Buhari (rtd) has not got the best presentation skills or is too modest, he is more likely to praise others before you would ever hear him blow is own trumpet.

I truely wish I had even a tenth of his discipline, abilities and character. and I am proudly a christian from the south east living in diaspora. smiley

So then you are Gen Buhari wink
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 01, 2012
I hope that the General and his family find the strength to cope with the loss of his eldest daughter.
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by anulaxad(m): 9:07am On Dec 01, 2012
thiefs all a them lipsrsealed
Re: Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? by nagoma(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
[quote author=GenBuhari]I hope that the General and his family find the strength to cope with the loss of his eldest daughter.[/quot

In this picture she is the one standing at the extreme end close to mum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Governors Plan To Float New Party / "Osinbajo Is Better Than Buhari, Take It Or Leave It" – PDP Youths / Hope Uzodinma Petitions NJC, AGF Over ‘supreme Court Governor’ Tag By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.