Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,978 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:45 AM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (128234 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
You are welcome. 8 litres please
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 12:42am On Apr 23, 2016
MrBuzy:

Can I use Seahorse Dextron III ATF on Honda Odyssey 2002 to 2004 model.

Can I use Mobil ATF on Honda Odyssey 2002 - 2004 model. Is it safe.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:58am On Apr 23, 2016
No, Mobil atf is dexron 2 and it has its limits. Use dw 1 for your Honda cars
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
sooperrescue:
No, Mobil atf is dexron 2 and it has its limits. Use dw 1 for your Honda cars

Their are a lot of fake DW 1 in the market. I want the one I will use and it will nit be difficult for to get another one if I want to change the oil.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
I have heard too but you can use Pureguard Dexron vi. We are the one that market the oil.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
sooperrescue:
I have heard too but you can use Pureguard Dexron vi. We are the one that market the oil.

Where is your office because am in Enugu.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
sooperrescue:

Where is your office because am in Enugu. But then is their any other ATF that you can advise apart from Pureguard Dexron V1 and Honda DW 1.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
There are some dexron 3 that claims to be atf z1 compatible but the nigerian economy is not too bouyant for trial and errors. And many atf being sold in the market are not what they claim to be and therefore will not be able to vouch for any atf that I have not tried or used in my garage
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by brigglez(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello, please what transmission fluid will you recommend for honda pilot 2005 and honda crv 2003 respectively.

Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2016
Dw 1 or pureguard dexron vi
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ttshems(m): 1:51am On May 03, 2016
pls house what kind of oil should i use for the 2004 nissan murano n transmission oil too ??
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by heywai3: 12:39pm On May 10, 2016
I have a Nissan xtrail 2005 model.....wat atf is suitable to use?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:41pm On May 10, 2016
Matic j or pureguard dexron6
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:53pm On May 18, 2016
Facts About Automatic Transmission Fluid That Every Vehicle Owner Should Know

As the owner of a vehicle, it’s important to be very careful and knowledgeable about the fluid you’re using in your transmission. Therefore, today we are going to educate you on the different types of transmission fluid used in both classic and modern automatic transmissions.

Transmission fluid is to an automatic transmission as water is to an aquarium. Some people spend thousands of Naira on their tropical fish hobby. If they don’t maintain the right PH level and water temperature in their custom aquarium, it could cause serious damage, or death. The same rule applies to vehicles. A car is a major investment. Without the correct type of fluid, or the proper amount, the transmission will not operate correctly, and in most cases will self-destruct. Transmission fluid is used in an automatic transmission as a lubricant to provide the transmission with a way to shed excessive heat, and to act as a transmitter of power by using hydraulic pressure to move valves and apply band and clutches.

There are many different types of automatic fluid on the market. Each has its own special blend of oils, chemicals and solids designed to provide the absolute best lubrication properties while still allowing bands and clutches to apply without slipping.

Transmission fluid usually comes colored with red or green dye. This is done to prevent accidental use of the wrong fluid; such as engine oil. Some transmissions use a dip stick to help you gauge the proper amount of fluid the transmission requires to operate properly. Other use a sight hole, similar to how you would check the fluid level on a manual transmission. Yet others are completely sealed and there is really no way to know if the fluid level is correct unless it uses a sensor to transfer fluid level data to the computer in the car.

Here is a little information on some of the more popular fluids that explains what makes one type of transmission fluid different from the others.

Dexron: Includes friction modifiers that are added to the fluid. Dextron II differs from the original fluid in that it has better viscosity control and it includes an oxidation inhibitor. Dexron IIE is designed for an electrically controlled transmission. Dexron III adds more corrosion and oxidation additives than the other Dexron fluids. These fluids are mostly used for GM vehicles. You can find this fluid used in TH350 and TH400 transmissions.

Mercon: Includes friction modifiers that are added to the fluid just like Dexron. It is used mainly in Ford vehicles. There is also a Mercon V that is designed to be used in Ford products produced after 1997. 4R70W is a typical transmission that would use Mercon fluid.

Type F. This type of fluid does not include friction modifiers. It is used in some Ford Products built from 1967 through 1987. Do not use Type F fluid on vehicles that require Mercon fluid! This is the type of fluid that would be used in a C6 transmission.

There are other types of transmission fluid available, but the ones above should cover the majority of the applications you might run across.
transmission fluid comparison chart

Most fluids are available as an organic based fluid, synthetic based fluid or a blend of both. It is perfectly OK to blend a bottle of synthetic fluid with a bottle of organic fluid on your own.

Hopefully this information will make you more informed. It might even prevent you from putting the wrong fluid in a transmission.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 1:49pm On May 19, 2016
hi,

we are manufacturer of motor engine oil , diesel engine oil, automatic transmission oil and lithe-am grease. We base in UAE and we can give you cheapest rate. If any query you can contact on below mention email id or can contact on whats app.
wkhan0344@gmail.com
+971522102751

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:46pm On May 19, 2016
What are the oil specification of your products
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 11:20am On May 22, 2016
ATF Specification
Colour RED
Density@15.Deg.C 0.860
Appearance C&B
Viscosity @ 40 C 36
Kin. Viscosity at 100 Deg. C 7.5
Viscosity Index 165
Flash Point COC 190
Pour Point (-) 42
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2016
I meant the engine oil and transmission fluid. Is it dexron 111. Vi and the engine oils, is it 5w 30 or 40?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 8:57am On May 23, 2016
Yes sir all grades are available, engine oil , diesel engine oil , transmission oil.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:06am On May 23, 2016
Tell us this: the engine oil is 5w 40. Sm/cf....... Atf dexron 111 ...... Then you show us the link so that we check online and see if it is good for our engines and gears. We need to know what goes into an engine nowadays cos the current economic situation does not warrant trial by errors
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 9:11am On May 23, 2016
SIR YOU NEED PICTURE OF OIL OR SPECIFICATION OF OIL
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 9:29am On May 23, 2016
ENGINE OIL SAE 5W40 API SM/CF

Colour L 2.5
Density@25.Deg.C 0.861
Appearance C&B
Kin. Viscosity at 100 Deg. C 14.5
Viscosity Index 178
Flash Point COC 220
Pour Point -45
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:45am On May 23, 2016
Bros, since the oil is not made in Nigeria, post the online link to the website and let us know the certifications that the oil has. It is like I claim to have new peugeot cars and lists abs, power steering .... Which brand of peugeot do i have? 505, sl, sti or gti is not stated, how can I buy a peugeot that might even be 404 or 304? Let us know what you are selling please
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 10:19am On May 23, 2016
sir

here is our company brochure , what brand you want .

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 10:20am On May 23, 2016
broucher

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:13am On May 24, 2016
Thanks for the information. Your products are miles away. Your atf status is not stated, your premium oil is 20w 50 sl. We are in 2016. Show us some love, bring out your best oils. Nigerians no longer drive Peugeot 504
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 7:01am On May 24, 2016
SIR WE ALREADY DOING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA WITH MANY CUSTOMERS, AND THE BUY ATF & 20W50 GRADE OIL
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by waqax: 7:01am On May 24, 2016
HERE IS MY CONTACT NUMBER WE CAN TALK ON WHATS APP . +971522102751

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by chiefolotu(m): 10:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Good morning everyone. Please i drive a toyota corolla 2003 model. I need an ATF Tiv. Any one has an idea where i can get in lagos/otta? [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
Toyota type t iv is in major markets in lagos, ikeja, ladipo and oyingbo, if you cannot get genuine one, we can arrange pureguard for you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by justfash50: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Great job you have here @sooperescue.

I use an Hyundai ix35, what atf should I use pls
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:06am On Jul 13, 2016
Sp 4. Pureguard is ideal. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (41) (Reply)

Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix / Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dear Sir/ma Buy Your Europe/American Clean and cheap Car From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.