Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129006 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by shotuns: 7:55am On Feb 15, 2017
I sent you an email @sooperrescue, kindly check, also I'd like you to ask if you know the kind of oil recommended for the axles, front and back and power steering . I attached a screen shot of a small section of the manual. Kindly help with your advice. Thank you boss.

sooperrescue:
Nigeriaarc@hotmail.com . Yes, it works with your car perfectly

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by musulumi(m): 11:22am On Feb 22, 2017
Kindly advice on the transmission oil for ML 320 1999 model that can be found in Lagos. Thank you for your good work.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
Truvalue dexron 111
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Horlayinker: 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
You are doing a great job on this trend... Pls I just bought a 2000 Nissan Altima, I serviced the engine with forte oil, the gear and power steering with Holts ATF fluid (it was specified on the container that it meets GM, Dexron II E, III, Ford and Borg Warner specifications) please am I making the right choice?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks. You did not mention the product of Forte oil. If it is visco 2000, a little mark up, but anything lower than that is not advisable. I will suggest you use Castrol ATF Dexron 111. It is a 111H. I just stumbled on it and It is good for your Nissan. Holts ATF is not ideal, they dont even know what they are producing. Stay clear from the oil.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by davelon(m): 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Please what's the right Atf for a corolla 2009 model.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Horlayinker: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thank you for the prompt response. The forte oil is visco 2000. Should I drain the Holts ATF fluid right away or I should leave it for a while cos I just used it two weeks ago.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
Horlayinker:
Thank you for the prompt response. The forte oil is visco 2000. Should I drain the Holts ATF fluid right away or I should leave it for a while cos I just used it two weeks ago.
Visco 2000 is Ok. Drain the holts and use Truvalue or castrol dex 111
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
davelon:
Please what's the right Atf for a corolla 2009 model.
Toyota ws or syngard global atf
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please what is the right gear oil and rear axle oil for Lexus GS 350 AWD. I saw 75w85 from the manual but I have been looking for a place to buy for the last 3weeks now, no way.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ep 90 from all these local oil labels will do. Its not an everyday affair so you won't get the right one
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Thanks. By this do u mean the attached? I hope it won't have affect on the rear axle.
Thanks
sooperrescue:
Ep 90 from all these local oil labels will do. Its not an everyday affair so you won't get the right one

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
Yes, this type but use Total
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Thanks for your help. Sorry for this plenty questions. Will I be using that EP for both the rear axle and the gear oil? Can the 80w90 work too. See attached. Once again than you.
sooperrescue:
Yes, this type but use Total

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
Gear oil, does it mean transmission fluid? Pureguard is good for your rear axle and use dexron vi for the transmission fluid
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Yeah, I mean transmission fluid. Thanks for your help. I appreciate.
sooperrescue:
Gear oil, does it mean transmission fluid? Pureguard is good for your rear axle and use dexron vi for the transmission fluid
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ican2020: 5:00am On Mar 27, 2017
Please, which ATF and Engine oil will you recommend for 1997 Mercedes Benz E230 ànd their liters
I am currently having issues with gear selection, often times, the gear will not exceed 4, and in case, it may not get to 4, not to even talk of getting to 5.
My mechanic told me he changed the ATF already but never let me know the exact one he used.
Meanwhile, he said I should change the gear brain box, but I am suspecting.
What's your take on this?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:09am On Mar 27, 2017
Mercedes Benz E class requires dexron iii h and its the brand of star atf 5 speed, or there is this German so called life oil. Any other oil is not advisable. To prevent and eliminate sludge from the engine, use good synthetic oils. I will not recommend our local oil labels but look for higher grade of oils.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by shotuns: 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
Mr Sooperrescue, Do you have valvoline ATF-4?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
No but we have syngard global atf includes chrysler atf -4
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:13pm On May 02, 2017
sooperrescue:
With the growing trend of failed automatic transmissions, it is imperative that you use the right transmission fluids for your vehicle. There are no fake transmission fluids in Nigeria, it is the motorist who is not aware of the fluid that their vehicles require and as such uses any fluid that is cheap and affordable. You find people using Abro on a Murano and you begin to agonise on their behalf. Why is this common like finding a motorist with a blackberry phone putting Dexron 11 ATF on a vehicle that requires Type IV when he can easily google the type of ATF to use or like a gentleman that used Dexron 111 on a 2008 Mercedes Sclass. Why buy a car you cannot maintain? As we prepare for the festive season associated with mass movement, do this for your vehicle: check if there is sludge in your engine, if your ATF is black or has a burnt smell, if your gear has shifting problem, and also check if your tyres are winter or all season tyres with reduced speed capability. If you are buying new tyres, ensure that they are all traction A, temperature A. Change your air filter regularly and if you need further assistance on the above issues, send us a mail and we shall respond as soon as possible. nigeriaarc@hotmail.com or info@arcnigeria.com
Rescue and Recovery Nigeria Limited

Ok.....I think I am in trouble now.

I used an Oando ATF tranny oil on my 2004 Lexus ES330 only just yesterday. I think it was Dexron 111 or smthn. Will check to confirm. I had a bad feeling that I was doing something wrong.

But the mechanic said everything was fine.

On my way back home the check engine light came and I was like OK! I have messed up big time.

I googled for a manual and there it said Type T-IV.

I have grounded my car as I man to scared to drive it now.

What should I do. Do I flush or just change.

Im reading a lot of scary stories on flushing the transmission.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:50pm On May 02, 2017
Like we discussed, nothing to fear about flushing. I have been shouting for everyone to hear that our local oil manufacturers do not sell oil for our cars of 2000 and above. They still make oil for Peugeot and Santana. And we end up spending money to fix the wahala they caused while they gloat over their profit after tax. I just saw TOTAL fluide 11d being repackaged in new cans and I just smiled. Fluid 11D is for cars made before 1983 and it was the oil that I used in 1990 in my Renault 18 Auto, that car was a 1979 model and that oil was recommended for it. Oando, Dex 111 is not 111h else it would have worked with your car.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dioman: 9:19pm On May 02, 2017
Recommended transmission fluids for Honda city 2007 please. Thank you.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:33pm On May 02, 2017
cvt, not nissan but get pureguard cvt
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dioman: 11:05pm On May 02, 2017
Also, I will love to partner with you sales. Can I be your distributor down south? 08037997340, dioman882003@yahoo.com.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:18am On May 03, 2017
Will call later
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by stanfford: 5:26pm On May 22, 2017
Hello guys, I discovered that I don't get past gear 3, so my mechanic checked and discovered that my gear oil was under gauged so he wanted to send his boy to get oando to top it up, but I stopped him because I was kind of sceptical. I asked him if topping of the oil that was dere before with just any oil won't it affect the vehicle? But he said it won't affect the vehicle. I stopped him though, I parked the car. I need more information pls. I am not a car person so I don't know much about cars. He told me the oil that is dere before goes for 16k but that I shed just bring 4k to buy oando to top the oil. I'm having a bad feeling. My car is a 2004 Toyota camry. Pls advise
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2017
Drain the oil and use toyota typ tiv transmission fluid
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by velociraptor: 9:26pm On May 24, 2017
hello guys
i ve a nissan murano 06 and recently my mechanic topped the transmission fluid with a brand called MANNOL variator fluid(synthetic). tho on the plastic it is recommended for nissan NS-2. i dont no if i should drain or flush the fluid since nissan does not recommend any other cvt fluid except the one produced by nissan. pls help b4 i wreck my transmission
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:04pm On May 25, 2017
Drain fast and look for NS2.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2017
Range Rover off -road competition is taking place on Monday 29th of May 2017. Call 08098534267 to participate. Open only to all Range Rover owners.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:31pm On May 27, 2017
Range rover off road competition is happening on monday 29 th may 2017.. Come for free Scanning of your range rover at Elegushi beach. The competition kicks off at Eleko beach down to Elegushi. Send sms to 08098534267. Prices galore: extended warranties for the first four winners. Spectators are invited to Elegushi beach

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix / Dear Sir/ma Buy Your Europe/American Clean and cheap Car From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.