Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,413 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected (6316 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by semid4lyfe(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Odemwingie restates Nigeria commitment
Osaze Odemwingie says he remains available to play for the Super Eagles if selected
Posted: 5 November 2012 Time: 06:54 am

Osaze Odemwingie says he remains available to play for the Super Eagles if selected by Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi.

"If the coach decides to call me, I am still available to play for my country. When I decide that I want to stop playing, I will come out and say so myself," Odemwingie told KickOffNigeria.com.

Over the weekend, Keshi was quoted as saying the West Brom forward had ruled himself out of playing for the Super Eagles following incidents dating back to the 2010 World Cup.

“I spoke to (Odemwingie) before the Liberia game and he told me that he had decided not to play for Nigeria anymore,” Keshi told SuperSport.com.

“He told me that he has no problems with me as a person and that he took his decision even before I assumed position as national team coach.

“He said he was unhappy at how he was treated in the past in the national team. He explained that prior to Nigeria’s participation at the 2010 Fifa World Cup, he played in all the qualifying games but was dropped at the finals,” said Keshi.

But Odemiwngie on Monday clarified the situation.

"I spoke with Keshi and I told him about my unhappiness with certain things in the national team, including the fact that as a player who has served his country with full commitment for over 10 years, I got into trouble for asking to be excused from a friendly game when I had an injury.

"And I pointed out to him that it appeared the same trend was continuing under him during the game in Rwanda because of the way I was treated.

"So since I didn't want to be seen to be destabilizing the national team, I decided to stay away.

"But he explained to me that the entire team played badly and if he had his way, he would have subbed out everyone. That it was nothing personal.

"We agreed that it was a communication issue and we would continue to talk, and that was it.

"I did not say I won't play for the national team. I am 31 now, it will be hard to play every game, but I had an open and honest discussion with the coach and I will be available when they call me."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/31138/osaze-odemwingie-says-he-remains-available-to-play-for-the-super-eagles-if-selected
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by semid4lyfe(m): 11:11am On Nov 05, 2012
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by NickPowell(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2012
i will love to see Osaze back on super Eagle squad
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by cheddarking(m): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2012
Wow Osaze is 31 already?

It seems like yesterday when he came on as a substitute at an AFCON game...

I remember he was so full of energy and closing down opposition defenders...

Osaze we are honoured to have you play for us!!

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2012
Biitch Nigger.. angry

He cant even stick to his words..

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Daewoods(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2012
Play, no play, how does that help me to win the forthcoming U.S elections.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Mobinga: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2012
Double post.
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Mobinga: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2012
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Kslib(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2012
how will this increase our fifa ranking?
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2012
Daewoods: Play, no play, how does that help me to win the forthcoming U.S elections.

Haha, una don switch from 'Price of ...' to 'forthcoming election'. Nlanders fit amuse person die grin
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2012
Kslib: how will this increase our fifa ranking?
how will it affect the price o...
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by siddiq202(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2012
Kslib: how will this increase our fifa ranking?
when his contributions help Super Eagles to win games

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by optimistD(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2012
Okija_juju: Biitch Nigger.. angry

some people eh! Why did you decide to believe keshi more than the person directly involve? Hm!

1 Like

Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by unipol(m): 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
the coach called keshi iS MAD if not, how can he speak for a living foothball. he should wait till the guy is dead before speaking for him.
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Nuzo1(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
optimist D: some people eh! Why did you decide to believe keshi more than the person directly involve? Hm!

I believe Keshai more because any sane person in Osaze's shoes would have quit the gaddamnned national team ages ago. Osaze is denying the statement cos he doesn't want to hurt his fans. Same line Okocha towed until his body couldn't push it anymore.

The truth is that Osaze is naturally a kind and selfless being.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by free2ryhme: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
enjoying the argument with a cup
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by ignis: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
free2ryhme: enjoying the argument with a cup
A cup of what?
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by guddy4real: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nick Powell: i will love to see Osaze back on super Eagle squad
Even me, pls let him come back 2 super eagle we need him, i can't wait 2 see him playin along wit Victor Moses,Ike uche etc.
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by vislabraye(m): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hope he has desist from controversy.
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by alajor(m): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
Welcome back osaze, to me u have been d most committed super eagles player whenever u r on d pitch, cheers
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by chucky234(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
Daewoods: Play, no play, how does that help me to win the forthcoming U.S elections.
Which one of them are you,Obama or Romney?
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by mallorca(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
i dont know who to believe
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by thekoko007: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
nigeria local coaches with their crude ways of administration, Keshi, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO BE A PROFFESSIONAL...AND PLS DONT LOOK AT YOURSELF AS IF YOU HAVE WON ANYTHING FOR NIGERIA AS A COACH.....YOU HAVENT WIN ANYTHING OOO.....YOU CLAIMED OSAZE NEVER WANTED TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA AGAIN ..SO IF THEY BOY NEVER CAME OUT TO TELL PEOPLE HIS OWN SIDE OF THE STORY, NIGERIANS WILL NOW BE THINKING THE BOY IS VERY BAD GUY...OSAZE,,,JUST KEEP YOUR COOL AND CONTINUE WITH THE GOOD JOB YOU ARE DOING THERE AT WEST BROOM....YOU HAVE SEEN IT ALL MORE THAN ANY OF THIS SO CALLED EX INTERNATIONAL....
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by femiseun1: 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
Soup done ready now. People don dey bring plate. Where was osaze during the qualifiers?... He done dey fade for westbrom so national team is the rehab center. Keshi should simply use the lads that qualified the country for AFCON and pick players based on merit.
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by bumps(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Osaze's'atitude is questionable.after using the national team to boost his cv.now is the time to blame the administrators.y not bone the useless administrators and play 4 ur country.after all the same administrators gave u the chance to play 4 the team when u re notin
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Effwazobia: 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Okija_juju: Biitch Nigger.. angry

Ol boy, that was uncalled for. What is your beef with Osaze? The article clearly stated that it was a communication issue. Na wa for una o
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Syncan(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Listening to Baba's music...you be robber,I no be robber, you be thief,I no be thief...
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Donlouise(m): 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
femi_seun: Soup done ready now. People don dey bring plate. Where was osaze during the qualifiers?... He done dey fade for westbrom so national team is the rehab center. Keshi should simply use the lads that qualified the country for AFCON and pick players based on merit.
sharrrrapppp there osas only mis d match against liberia home & away so he is still part of the team. Ahmed musa and osaze 4 wing with victor moses or ike uche as striker attack to badt
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by thekoko007: 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
most of the local coaches we have in the country today are bunch of idiots that has no idea of how a player can be manage irrespective of his attitude,osaze, is far better than all the so strikers keshi is relying on for now, so if the big boss can bring him back to the team along side femi martins and taye taiwo..am 100% sure that it will be a big plus for the team, instead of him keeping unnecessary malices with the guys.
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by wundakind(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
osaze me love yhu jor....... Damn ur haterz
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by sambos994(m): 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
thekoko007: most of the local coaches we have in the country today are bunch of idiots that has no idea of how a player can be manage irrespective of his attitude,osaze, is far better than all the so strikers keshi is relying on for now, so if the big boss can bring him back to the team along side femi martins and taye taiwo..am 100% sure that it will be a big plus for the team, instead of him keeping unnecessary malices with the guys.

Really, because last I checked he scored only 9 goals in 52 games. Compared to Uche who score double that amount in 40 games.
Re: Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected by Acecube(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
alajor: Welcome back osaze, to me u have been d most committed super eagles player whenever u r on d pitch, cheers
seconded bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earthquake Shakes Club World Cup In Japan / FC Taraba V Warri Wolves (1 - 2) - Live / World Cup: South Africa Vs Mexico [1 - 1] On Friday 11th June 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.