Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? (11340 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? / Life At 30 When You're Not Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Sedar(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
In my case I have no job now my reasons.if I secared a job now will get married asap.

A lot of people have every thing that might be needed but still don't want to get married and their of right age eg good house, good job, car, money and right woman in their life. but don't know what there waiting for.

Any reason from the house?

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by 234GT(m): 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
Some people, especially men, are afraid of marriage. It is called marriageophobia.

11 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by joangirl: 8:16am On Nov 07, 2012
When I get a job I would get married,I cannot get married without a job so I can take care of my kids incase hussy fuckss up

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2012
joangirl: When I get a job I would get married,I cannot get married without a job so I can take care of my kids incase hussy fuckss up
Life is not black and white, marry when you find someone who respects you and loves you makes you happy and helps you grow, what if you have a job and get married then loss the job will you divorce or commit suicide? Marry when you have found someone who you feel you can be with for ever, it is good to have an income, very important self but a marriage should not be based on that.
Have an identity outside your job, have other qualities that makes you desirable. This is coming from a career woman, even if i lost my job today, I will still be happily married.
You can find ways of being self sufficient while you job hunt, however I like the fact that you are not willing to be a burden on anyone

18 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by feminineA: 9:23am On Nov 07, 2012
joangirl: When I get a job I would get married,I cannot get married without a job so I can take care of my kids incase hussy fuckss up

Wrong thinking pattern! Are you already seeing your husband misbehaving cause of money? and you are not yet married! What if the job doesn't come in the next 5years? What of those working but lost their job a week after their wedding what should they do?I got married without a 'job' and today I own my business.
What makes you think when your almighty job arrives your man will still be there?

@op
Some are afraid of failure in marriage. Basing their judgement on the recent divorce rate, some still want to enjoy their single days cause they see marriage as a form of bondage and some are just confused they don't know what they want for themselves

5 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by lifestyle1(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2012
cos i'm broke. who wanna marry a broke a.s.s ? undecided

9 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by gramci: 10:25am On Nov 07, 2012

Taaah! You think se time de wait for you?
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Redmosquito(m): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2012
Well, I dont have the time for all those cuddly cuddly stuff
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by candieangel12(f): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2012
Sedar: In my case I have no job now my reasons.if I secared a job now will get married asap.

A lot of people have every thing that might be needed but still don't want to get married and their of right age eg good house, good job, car, money and right woman in their life. but don't know what there waiting for.

Any reason from the house?

It's secure not secared.
You're welcome grin
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by nizelgirl(f): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2012
I think some people are scared of responsibity especially the guys
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by cyril83(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2012
Na condition make cray fish bend na....bros u for no start dis kind thread for wia jobless and singles men and women dey,dem too full nairaland forum ehn
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by profstar(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2012
Am yet to marry becos my girl is not ready, isn't that a good excuse
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Abujafood: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2012
Some of them want to jigijigi till they are fully pushed into marriage by family or friends!

What excuse can one reasonably come up with other than waiting for the right person or financial stability?
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by eduson55(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2012
[size=38pt]because its not by force[/size] grin

8 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Andrew3(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2012
SEARCHING >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2012
I dey look for virgin. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by obalolaunited(m): 10:38am On Nov 07, 2012
just passing by
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 07, 2012
To each his own.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by abiL(f): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2012
life_style: cos i'm broke. who wanna marry a broke a.s.s ? undecided

N
O
B
O
D
Y
!

lipsrsealed undecided smiley

8 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by gwas(m): 10:47am On Nov 07, 2012
Even if you have it all, where's the woman? Most of all these nowadays girls are just GF material.
@op, The reason most well-endowed guys are still single is because they are still searching for true love.

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by mkoabiola: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2012
Religion,
Am a muslim bt alwys fall in love wit xtain util I see a muslim,money de brekete.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Kassidy90(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2012
Money, kudi, ego, owo.......aside that am scare of d babes in town nw

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by aweleokolo: 10:49am On Nov 07, 2012
For me I'd say its a question of the right person. I don't want to be one of those people driven by the clock.

Marriage is a commitment I will make before my God. I want to be sure that I mean it when I say "I do"...not just saying it because its something I am "ripe" for...

2 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by 3direct: 10:49am On Nov 07, 2012
No man should marry until he has studied anatomy and dissected at least one woman. You will have more experience dissecting many women, so brof have fun and get the money.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by vislabraye(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2012
Finance is the major reason. But I don't mind scoring an away goal then marry at my convenience.

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by gwas(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2012
illitrate: I dey look for virgin. grin grin grin
You go reach Galilee

2 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 07, 2012
nizelgirl: I think some people are scared of responsibity especially the guys

Its a question for u to answer personally...
Don't answer for the guys.. Talk ya own jhor!
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by freecocoa(f): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2012
How old is enough to even get married?
Let me know if this question applies to me.undecided
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by EzePromoe: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2012
Because my dad refused to get one for me angry

2 Likes

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Slapme(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2012
nizelgirl: I think some people are scared of responsibity especially the guys

responsibility when there is no money
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by snthesis(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2012
cos i sent a wack text
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by fitzmayowa: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2012
Guys are just scared of life after marriage...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? / Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? / Letting Your 4-Year-Old Son Live As A Girl...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.