Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,058 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency (7550 Views)

Rivers State Re-run Election: Police deploy 6,000 personnel, 3 commissioners / Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by bodejohn(m): 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
Gov. Ajimobi sacks 3 commissioners from his cabinet. Could this be a fall out of last week's rumoured arrest of his wife in the United Kingdom?

There was a minor shake-up in Oyo State Monday as Governor Abiola Ajimobi sacked three of his commissioners.

While speaking with newsmen after the state executive council meeting Monday, the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Akin Olajide gave the names of the sacked commissioner as Alhaji Yunus Akintunde (Works and Transport); Mr. Bosun Oladele, Information and Orientation and Mr. Kazeem Adedeji who was in charge of the Ministry of Trade, Investment and Cooperatives.

Also, the name of a current Special Adviser to the governor on Education and former governorship candidate of Action Alliance (AA) in the state, Taiwo Otegbeye has been sent to the State House of Assembly for confirmation as a Commissioner.

Six other commissioners swapped positions.

According to him, the former Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr. Bimbo Kolade has been moved to the Ministry of Lands, while the erstwhile Commissioner for Lands, Mr. Ajiboye Omodewu, will now take over the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.

Mr. Peter Odetomi, formerly of the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs is now Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, while Mr. Lowo Obisesan, formerly of the Ministry of Establishment and Training, will now swap the ministry with his Environment counterpart, Mr. Wasiu Dauda.

The reshuffle also saw the erstwhile Commissioner for Applied Science and Technology, Mr. Adegbenro taking charge of the Ministry of Trade, Investment and Cooperatives, while the name of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Education, Pastor Taiwo Otegbeye has been forwarded to the state House of Assembly for confirmation as a commissioner.

In the cabinet reshuffle, Tokunbo Fayokun,(Education) Dapo Adesina, (Sports and Youth Development), Nurudeen Olarinde(Economic, Budget and Planning), Bimbo Owolabi(Water Resources, and Zacheaus Adelabu(Finance) retained their positions.

Also retained were Kafayat Adeojo (Urban and Physical Planning), Mutalab Ojo Adebayo (Justice), Tinuke Osunkoya (Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation) and Muyiwa Gadegesin (Health).

The SSG explained that the cabinet reshuffle was aimed at enhancing more effectiveness and efficiency in line with the restoration, transformation and repositioning agenda of the Ajimobi administration.

“They (those who were dropped) have not committed any offence. It is just to increase the tempo of governance in some key areas, so as to achieve the agenda we have set for ourselves within the time available,’’ he explained.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/ajimobi-sacks-three-commissioners/
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by bodejohn(m): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by floriana(m): 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
2nd to comment. Hurrraaayyy! Make I run quick quick go buy the rat poison Wey my mama send me before I loss the money. I dey come abeg.....#poko#
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Lbrasi: 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
if not political...way to go sir.
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
He should sack all of them because i haven't heard any good news from oyo in a long time. Isn't that a pointer to the fact that they're not working?
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by ifyalways(f): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
What's the reason for the sack ?

Dayokanu, leave Biafra alone and come explain what's happening in your bedroom.
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
ifyalways: What's the reason for the sack ?

Dayokanu, leave Biafra alone and come explain what's happening in your bedroom.
He doesn't even have a diploma in Oyo affairs but has a BSC in Igbo Affairs, an MSC in Biafran Technology and a PHD in Ojukwu science.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by ifyalways(f): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
afam4eva:
He doesn't have a BSC in Oyo affairs but has a BSC in Igbo Affairs, an MSC in Biafran Technology and a PHD in Ojukwu science.
lol

It won't be a surprise to learn that Dayo does not know the way to oyo yet he can draw the map of Biafra with both eyes shut.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ajimobi shud as well Bleep off dat position cos hes not functional too. Giving people portofolio dt are unsuitable for d positions. Square peg in a round hole. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeuuuuuw!
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Dakingpin: 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
What is wrong with the governor why just sack them. They should not just be sacked but slapped ,shot, and hung.then dump thier bodies in sacks ha ha ha ha
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Geomac: 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Are there any developmental projects going on in Oyo State?
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by oderemo(m): 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
when will the governor pin down his wife to her sit instead of travelling 52 tyms out of the country since innoguration , moreso whats the need for all these commi that are inefficient at performing there functions.governor mimiko performs better with less commi. anyway.
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by moshood048(m): 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
haaaa se does comissioners don't get jax ni or dey wen me give dem haaaa se does comissioners don't get jax ni or dey wen me give dem haaaa se does comissioners don't get jax ni or dey wen me give dem
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by ogochukwunasa1: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
next news pls
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Aaronrod: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
Inefficiency? The truth is hidden somewhere.
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by geeez: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
Makes sense to me. Would keep the rest on their toes and I like the use of the word 'inefficiency' making it as clear as it really is so the others and newly appointed ones will realize that performance is the only factor that guarantees their continued stay in office

If I was a governor, I will start by setting and agreeing on Goals and Targets with my commissioners and I will assess them every six months and measure milestones towards the achievement of their goals. If that's what the Oyo State governor is doing or has done, then he's brilliant

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
Swapping or sacking commissioners is no palliative for non-performance in Oyo State.......His Excellency should keep in mind that the people of Oyo will sack his entire party (ACN) if no tangible results are obvious by 2015.

He has been forwarned
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by geeez: 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
DJTee: Swapping or sacking commissioners is no palliative for non-performance in Oyo State.......His Excellency should keep in mind that the people of Oyo will sack his entire party (ACN) if no tangible results are obvious by 2015.

He has been forwarned

Way to go. The SW has always done that and won't stop
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by onatisi(m): 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
now ppl in ibadan and oyo state have begun to see the difference in a pdp control govt and acn one.citizens of oyo state now wish they had never voted acn into power
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by DCTrendy(m): 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
onatisi: now ppl in ibadan and oyo state have begun to see the difference in a pdp control govt and acn one.citizens of oyo state now wish they had never voted acn into power

This is a big lie! U must be a PdP guy!

I am right here in Ring Road and I know better!
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by onatisi(m): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
DC Trendy:

so if ring road is good ,that means the whole of oyo state is good abi?ok ,well i wont argue ,i guess 2015 will determine who is saying the truth
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Olalekan0(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
DC Trendy:

shut up! You must be an ACN guy too
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by biz111: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
very annoyin parol
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by ypzilanti: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
Notice how no minister is ever sacked for inefficiency in the federal government, and yet nothing works.
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by PACHRIS(m): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
to be sincere Ajumobi is the greatest calamity that has be on oyo people in the recent time i voted for him but regretted did so why sacking ACN commissioner for old ANPP people this man is destroying ACN in oyo he is doing nothing
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by k00lxpert(m): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
HE MUST BE IMPEACHED AS WELL...WHAT NONSENSE IS HE DOING THERE AS GOVERNOR SELF? GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by kollybay4u: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
afam4eva: He should sack all of them because i haven't heard any good news from oyo in a long time. Isn't that a pointer to the fact that they're not working?
i wonder o
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Elueme: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ajimobi is looking for who to blame for his poor performance .He should lead by example and sack himself first.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by olatunde1234: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
Aaronrod: Inefficiency? The truth is hidden somewhere.
yeah, the true is hidden somewhere, commissional can'nt do any project unless that project come from governor office, that means inefficiency of commisional is the unfunctoining of the governor...
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by bodejohn(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
DC Trendy:

You mean the landscaping going on the road?
How many jobs will that provide? It was even washed away by rain after it was first made.
The combination of Alaafin, Olubadan and Arisekola that backed him to power will eventually ruin his administration.
I did not vote for him and i am happy i didn't.
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by onatisi(m): 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
olatunde1234: yeah, the true is hidden somewhere, commissional can'nt do any project unless that project come from governor office, that means inefficiency of commisional is the unfunctoining of the governor...
the truth is akala and ladoja pdp led goverment are far far better than this ajimobi acn govt
Re: Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
onatisi: now ppl in ibadan and oyo state have begun to see the difference in a pdp control govt and acn one.citizens of oyo state now wish they had never voted acn into power
Dude, you don't know what you talking about, am not campaigning for Ajimobi but what he's doing and has done in his short time in office is enough of a legacy to last for generations. The second fly over in the state since the one @ molete has being completed over 40 years ago is almost completed in mokola roundabt and soon thereafter will embark on a third on in challenge road.
The sanitation program has been more than effective, we now have clean roadsides and streets. Some guys just talk base on stereotypes they have heard which for most parts are not true. Even sabo which was notoriously filthy is now clean, all those dirt in the median of the roads are regularly picked up.
Anyway, I can only say the man his really putting some serious projects down unlike Akala and his fake taxi cars, so guys be informed, ibadan and oyo state is not the old(still has its old areas) dirty and rusty state you people make it to be.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence / Battle Of Kukawa Between Nigeria Army And Boko Haram / Onnoghen’s Trial Resumes Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.