Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,426 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:13 PM

Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. (7924 Views)

Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport / Man Jumps Off Storey Building To Evade Court Trial (pictured) / How I Scaled Church Fence To Evade Arrest.. Cultist (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Fatdon(m): 5:37am On Nov 06, 2012
LAGOS — A 42-year old commercial motorcycle operator popularly called Okada rider, Mr. Sunday Udoh, yesterday, stripped himself when a team of the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Agency Taskforce attempted to arrest him for violating the road traffic law.

Udoh who was subsequently arrested at about 10:30 a.m. on Acme Road, Ikeja, immediately stripped to evade impounding of his motorcycle by the task-force led by the chairman, Superintendent, Bayo Sulaimon .

According to Kunle Olatunde, an eyewitness, “the task-force arrested him and two other Okada riders. But immediately he was arrested, Udoh stripped himself to attract public sympathy.

“Despite the fact that he was not manhandled when he was arrested, he removed his clothes and wore them back.”

The incident resulted in a gridlock along the ever busy road.

Speaking to Vanguard after his arrest, Udoh said: “I didn’t know when and the reason I stripped myself. I was unconscious for several minutes. It was an hour after that I was told what happened after I was arrested.”

According to him; “I collected the Okada from a friend on hire purchase at N45, 000. Also, I have a wife and two children to feed; all these resulted to my temporary madness.”

Speaking, leader of the task-force, Sulaimon said that Udoh was arrested by the team because he violated the new road traffic law.

He said: “We did not touch him. We gave him several minutes to do whatever he wanted to do. And his behaviour then caused a traffic jam on the road.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/okada-rider-strips-to-evade-arrest/
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by timbros(m): 9:06am On Nov 06, 2012
wooohoooo 1st to comment!!! grin

@OP, was his okada finally impounded? Or did the public sympathy thingy worked?
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by mcevans1(m): 9:06am On Nov 06, 2012
You want to take away my means of livelihood? I will even do more than that. cheesy
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by ignis: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2012
Very funny. So striping naked is now a srategy to evade arrest.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by skerries: 9:09am On Nov 06, 2012
Shame to nigerian government
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by sherrylo: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2012
And after all the demo dem still collect the okada?
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by calabaman(m): 9:10am On Nov 06, 2012
timbros: wooohoooo 1st to comment!!! grin
Congrats u av just won a trip to yaba left

4 Likes

Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by ignis: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2012
timbros: wooohoooo 1st to comment!!! grin
When has that become an achievement?
Comot for road make i see front jor.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by wayne4loan: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2012
9ja we too much... We are the greatest inventor when it comes to escaping the law enforcement agency
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2012
7th to comment!

Betta luck next time!
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by timbros(m): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2012
calabaman:
Congrats u av just won a trip to yaba left

No way...You need roommate, abi? Not me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:12am On Nov 06, 2012
Does anyone know where I can get Cycling protective Helmets for my Team? I want to buy them today. Sorry for derailing the Topic
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by timbros(m): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2012
ignis:
When has that become an achievement?
Comot for road make i see front jor.

Stay there nah cheesy
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Heeyhun(f): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2012
Mhen c sense...i sure he stripped of so d officers won't be able to pull his shirt...if hs plan had pulled through sure he'd be drnkn pammy now...officers pls temper justice with mercy.sad
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Revealedtv(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2012
grin

Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 06, 2012
Now I feel for these Okada boys. Temporary madness, wew. I really wish there is anything I can do, but hey, law is law.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by KINGwax(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2012
mc~evans:
You want to take away my means of livelihood? I will even do more than that. cheesy
that's your pee dude!
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by 3kay945(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2012
I thought I will see some pictures,,, hiss and walk away.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by kunlekunle: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2012
What crime did he commit?
which traffic rule did he contravene?
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Clemzy16(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2012
Na so craze dey start! Reports shows that people have 5 minute madness everyday. So, his case was nothing differenet. But on a more serious note, this traffic laws is not helping matter in lagos. It's just a way of making the poor poorer.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2012
Headline don't tally with story
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Lusaint(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2012
Y dont d govenment provide jst a little,nw dat man hire d bike not even buy o,hw will he pay d owner nw,nd wat abt his 45,000
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Dmouthed(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2012
The way some people support this Okada ban so ignorantly is really annoying. I watched how 2 Okada guys had to escape POLICE yesterday and its was a deadly attenpt.

Okada ban is not a bad thing but the process if implementation in Lagos State is.

Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by fankasibe: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2012
Good idea sir, u've really inspired me..... I will make good use of it, awon òlopa adugbo mi ti daran.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by olanyte: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2012
make una allow the man to go oooooooooooo biko.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2012
I feel for him. But, seriously, i was expecting a picture, to see a long tin that looks lyk a monkey‘s tail or banana.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by pendulasis: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2012
where is the pics i want to see it
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by LeStylo: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2012
Junk journalism!
Was he eventually arrested or released?
Was his bike impounded?
Nothing in the story detailed how he "evaded" arrest as the headline purported!

Vanguard Editor, dem suppose break bottle for u o!
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Omen100(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2012
3kay945: I thought I will see some pictures,,, hiss and walk away.

u won see watin big pass u abi? oya see picture here stupid boi wey nor get common sense angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by bestower: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2012
The hard way the only way........congratulations.
Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2012
AND EVENTUALLY IF SOMEONE USED HIS/HER PHONE TO PICTURE THE NAKED GUY WITH THE TASK FORCE OFFICIALS AT THE BACK GROUND,UPLOADED IT TO NAIRALAND WITHOUT REALLY KNEW WHAT WENT WRONG, (JUST LIKE THE ONE POSTED HERE RECENTLY), EVERYONE WILL START SAYING RUBBISH TO ATTACK THE OFFICIALS. THESE OKADA PEOPLE CAN DO ANYTHING TO EVADE ARREST.I SAW ONE RECENTLY ALSO AT OSHODI THAT WAS EVADING ARREST, REMOVED ALL HIS CLOTHS AND STARTED SCREAMING TO AVOID ARREST AND ALSO TO ATTRACT SYMPATHY.EVENTUALLY HE WAS ABLE TO ESCAPE WHEN SOME SOLDERS INTERVENED BUT WAS REALLY BEATEN SILLY BY THE SOLDERS BEFORE THEY PLEADED WITH THE POLICE.I DONT BLAME THEM SHA. COUNTRY HARD SMALL.

1 Like

Re: Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 06, 2012
I repeat my selve again last time I read of police striping an okada man now an Okada man striping himself may be next Okada men striping a police man.
*picking my teeth with toothpick after drinking tea*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapped Priest Released (son) / Police Arrest 7 Suspects For Rustling, Recover 427 Livestock In Kaduna / 2 Children And 5 Adults Kidnapped In Suleja, Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.